Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,679 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread (69693 Views)

Please I Need A Ps3 Jailbreak Urgently In Lagos!!!:( :(:( / Gateway 3ds Card Hacked Nintendo 3DS Roms - 3DS Jailbreak Is Coming / Ps3 Jailbreak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^^

wuss

some of us void our warranties as soon as we open the box cheesy
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Cougar2: 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2011
oyb:

^^^

wuss

some of us void our warranties as soon as we open the box cheesy

then you need an orientation.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
like i said - wuss

you come across as teh sort of person who will look over her shoulder when entering the program folder drive of her pc cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Cougar2: 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2011
whatever that means. . . . .you still need orientation to think every gadget/device must be broken to enjoy it. this is such an irresponsible way of thinking. if you want to play other games on your console, get another console that plays the games you want. imagine if your dad owns sony, would you be happy? you point accusing fingers at the leaders in your country but what most of you do in your households is way worse.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2011
*yawns*
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Mobinga: 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2011
*Cougar*:

whatever that means. . . . .you still need orientation to think every gadget/device must be broken to enjoy it. this is such an irresponsible way of thinking. if you want to play other games on your console, get another console that plays the games you want. imagine if your dad owns sony, would you be happy? you point accusing fingers at the leaders in your country but what most of you do in your households is way worse.

Sorry to say this but can you please SHUT THE PHUCK UP!!!! Huh! Please. This thread is for people who want to jailbreak their PS3's, if you don't or are against jailbreaking. Take it up to Geohot { http://www.geohot.com/ } He's the one that cracked it. Don't come here and start giving me that anti-piracy / anti warranty-voiding poo.

Links to meet him and give him a piece of your mind. He's even on facebook.

Website
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002100199995
http://geohotgotsued..com
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Mobinga: 3:44pm On Feb 23, 2011
Sony Developing Hack-Proof PS3

ps3.ign.com

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1151243p1.html
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Mobinga: 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2011
Eat This!!

The kid's good.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by kengeorge: 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2011
I just want to say that SWIFT 4G is the best ISP I have seen around, video streaming is great, inline gaming is excellent and download speed very fair compared to other networks.

Thw only wahala is the Data allowance, with the speed you always want to do plenty.

Big ups to you guys at Swift Network for giving life to my PS3 online, currently kicking butts on FIFA 11 online and the experience is great, no lag

Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Mobinga: 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2011
kengeorge:

I just want to say that SWIFT 4G is the best ISP I have seen around, video streaming is great, inline gaming is excellent and download speed very fair compared to other networks.

Thw only wahala is the Data allowance, with the speed you always want to do plenty.

Big ups to you guys at Swift Network for giving life to my PS3 online, currently kicking butts on FIFA 11 online and the experience is great, no lag

shocked shocked shocked cool cool cool
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2011
Ladies, ladies. Lets not fight. Peace and love.

And lets try and stay on topic.

kengeorge:

I bought my PS3 and a legit copy of FIFA 11 hoping to play online. The day before I got a swift modem, Sony updated their firmware and banished me from PSN forever.

I am disapoint! sad embarassed cry
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ibro911(m): 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2011
@EvilBrain, the swift i'm using has no download limit. and are you on yahoo messenger? Let me teach you something.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Cougar2: 12:14pm On Feb 25, 2011
Evil Brain:

I bought my PS3 and a legit copy of FIFA 11 hoping to play online. The day before I got a swift modem, Sony updated their firmware and banished me from PSN forever.

I am disapoint! sad embarassed cry

good for you. it will teach you and the others here a big lesson trying to be smarter than the rest of the world. go and buy another console. grin
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Mobinga: 12:08am On Feb 26, 2011
*Cougar*:

good for you. it will teach you and the others here a big lesson trying to be smarter than the rest of the world. go and buy another console. grin
I'm getting a console for the sole purpose of jailbreaking. The offer is so so tempting grin cool
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 4:29am On Feb 26, 2011
*Cougar*:

Nonsense. If I ever decide that I want to go legit, it will take less than 15 minutes to remove the jailbreak and install the latest firmware.

Besides, the hacker devs have already figured out a reliable way to play online with the jailbreak.

Your arguement is invalid.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ibro911(m): 6:13am On Feb 26, 2011
Evil Brain:

Besides, the hacker devs have already figured out a reliable way to play online with the jailbreak.
, with the risk of having your console and psn id banned forever. Having a spare console is never a bad idea haha. I use my fat YLOD victim for hacking junk. After all, it only has a few weeks/months to live. My slim stays official.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by beeyee18: 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2011
hey y'all i got 2 ps3 MOVE motion controller and ps3 eye , bundle together,
also got fifa 11
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 9:48am On Feb 28, 2011
ibro911:

, with the risk of having your console and psn id banned forever. Having a spare console is never a bad idea haha. I use my fat YLOD victim for hacking junk. After all, it only has a few weeks/months to live. My slim stays official.

There's already a way to reverse the ban (you can change the console's serial number) and easier solutuins are in he pipeline. There is really nothing Sony can do at this point.

That's because the hack is not actually a hack. It uses Sony's legit security key. Because of this, it is theoretically possible to get round any and all new security measures Sony implements short of releasing new hardware and replacing all their current game disks.

In any case if you are so worried then just stay off PSN until there's a foolproof solution. Its very simple.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 10:22am On Feb 28, 2011
In non piracy related news, hackers have succeeded in returning the Linux operating system to the PS3. The new PS3 Linux (known as asbestOS) gives you full access to the system's powerful Cell CPU and the RSX graphics coprocessor. Because of this, its much better than the Other OS feature that Sony stu.pidly removed a year ago leading eventually the total hacking of the console's security. Work on enabling NTFS support on flash drives and external HDDs is also at an advanced stage.

The genius largely responsible for this breakthrough (graf_chokolo) just had his house raided by police and is now being sued by Sony for $1,000,000. Nobody is sure what the legal basis of this is as the guy hasn't broken any laws and has never been involved in piracy. Apparently any sufficiently large corporation can hire the police as a private army to harass people who are doing things that they don't like.

If any of you are thinking of building a PS3 based supercomputing cluster, now would be a good time to start. And please remember to say a prayer for graf.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Dauchman(m): 11:02am On Mar 04, 2011
@Evil Brain; Is it possible to play your downloaded games from an external HDD with Fat format?
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Mobinga: 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2011
No. It would not. It'll give you lags.
Because FAT has a 4GB restriction per transfer. The BluRay disc which is ideal for PS3 games has no logical restriction, likewise the NTFS file system.

Converting a hard drive from FAT to NTFS is a 10 second process.
Connect your External Hard Drive to your PC, press the F1 key on your keyboard, this opens the Windows Help Program. Or just type help in your start menu.
Once the Help file is opened search for the following "Convert FAT to NTFS". Click on the first option then follow the steps.
I'm on mobile otherwise I'd have posted the full guide. Any more problems, post here.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by dadonda: 9:08am On Mar 06, 2011
Actually the ps3 does not recognize NTFS at all, the only recognized format is FAT32 for the ps3. If you format your external hard drive and put the games in a folder titled GAMES then you can play them on your ps3 with your back-up manager. It's very simple.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 6:00pm On Mar 06, 2011
To clarify what dadonda wrote above: While most games are larger than FAT32's 4 GB file limit, the backups are actually made up of thousands of smaller files which are all usually less than that size. Only very large games like Uncharted 2 and GOW 3 have individual files larger than 4GB and those can only be played from the internal HDD. Remember, a FAT32 folder can be as large as you want as long as all the individual files within it are less than 4GB.

I hope that clears things up.

Also while the the PS3 doesn't presently support NTFS, some hackers are presently working on adding it. It'll be funny if a bunch of hobbyists can produce better firmwares than the highly paid Sony programmers.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 1:18am On Mar 07, 2011
Now playing Marvel vs Capcom 3 courtesy of my guy Fisolucci http://fisolucci.com/ps3unlocking. The game is insane.

9.5/10

ibro911:

@EvilBrain, the swift i'm using has no download limit. and are you on yahoo messenger? Let me teach you something.

@ibro911 Sorry I just saw this. I'm not usually on yahoo messenger but you could mail me at lesfuq@yahoo.com. I'm ready to learn sir.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2011
Sony Releases Firmware version 3.60

Sony released a new version of the PS3 firmware yesterday bringing the version number to 3.60. The new firmware adds the ability to save your games to Sony's servers for those who have a Playstation Plus subscription as well as minor usability changes and probably some security patches.

This is a big deal because most of the major PS3 hackers have been waiting for this version to come out before releasing new custom firmwares. Very little energy was spent trying to hack version 3.56 since a new version was expected soon. Hopefully, we'll see more CFWs coming out in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, I advise that nobody upgrade yet as you will lose the ability to run your backups. More updates as I get them.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Bawss1(m): 11:38am On Mar 11, 2011
Ah the hacking community here is in line with the update. smiley
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Chuckdee(m): 10:10am On Apr 04, 2011
Dual Boot on your ps3 coming soon!, It can only get better, Sorry Sony for using 'other OS' as a selling point in Sony only to pull it off,

http://psgroove.com/content.php?943-Kmeaw-CFW-that-Allows-Dual-Boot-of-CFW-and-OFW-Coming-Soon
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Malodis: 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2011
@evilbrain,a friend at alaba said he can hack a ps3 manually,is it possible 4 now.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by kcatetra(m): 7:17pm On Apr 16, 2011
When u consider the price of a PS3 Blueray Disc, I really think everyone in Nigeria should consider jailbreaking the console, except u are a fan of a certain genre (e.g., PES) and u wanna compete with other chaps online or sum. Newayz, I can jailbreak ur ps3 for a token sum, have a host of games and can get any game too on request. I also have pc games (such as Shift 2, Homefront, Crysis 2 etc) and wud even share if u want. just holla me at grandunclekenzo@yahoo.com, 08184364222 or pin:25F07499.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by kcatetra(m): 7:23pm On Apr 16, 2011
I can also upgrade your ps3 harddrive if u require more space to hold your copied games. holla!
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by opskie: 4:45am On Apr 17, 2011
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by opskie: 5:14am On Apr 17, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How To Play PES 2017 Using Keyboard On Your Pc / Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! / Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.