Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) (59314 Views)

Mane Forgets About Black Lives Matter Kneel As He Dashes Into Everton's Half / Cristiano Ronaldo Goal Celebration Vs Torino Sparks Brawl (Photos) / Meet Kaylin Swart, South African Women Team Goalkeeper That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by bluefilm: 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
Until a Black man becomes Manager of ManU , Liverpool and other top teams, all these wearing Jersey of BLM in the premiership is a Joke!

So they should just appoint a Nigger the manager of those clubs just to pacify your nigger ego abi?

Nonsense.

#AllLivesMatter
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by selfdefence: 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
i dont think its negligible, that picture sends a whole different meaning, it looks like a mockery to "Black Lives Matter"

1 Like

Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by bluefilm: 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
rawtouch:
pic looks like he is kneeling before his massa

Exactly!

The nigga is kneeling to suck his master's _cock.
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by paulolee(m): 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

Perhaps they didn't see any reason to stay there, or perhaps still they just wanted him to express himself without being disturbed, who knows. Not everyone will ever kneel to celebrate, it doesn't mean they're racist.
yes i get ur point and even in england is jus the scorer that left to do it and thats why i said that its that handler that getting it all wrong going by thw way people are seeing the other racist meaning to it..
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by DonBenny77(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
wman:

Shut up.

You don't know the outcry and outrage that art generated and how the Italian FA had to apologise and take it down.

Things as sensitive as racism should never be left for open interpretation. These things are very sensitive.

And you don't know up to half of what I know about art. I will school you and whoop your ass.
Outcry from dumb people like you. Sensitive my foot.
U see a picture of ape bounded by different colours it simply means whether black, white or coloured we all evolved from ape so there's no point for a white fan to throw bananas in front of a black player because science says we all are descendants of apes. But ya'll have shallow brains and full of negative reasoning.
How many arts have you designed before?
You should shut up!
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by raphy(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
tht white guy was just stupid standing in his front when others left.
he is a Hitler fan i guess .
#alllivesmatter
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by wman(m): 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
DonBenny77:

Outcry from dumb people like you. Sensitive my foot.
U see a picture of ape bounded by different colours it simply means whether black, white or coloured we all evolved from ape so there's no point for a white fan to throw bananas in front of a black player because science says we all are descendants of apes. But ya'll have shallow brains and full of negative reasoning.
How many arts have you designed before?
You should shut up!

Shut up mumu.

It isn't about the artwork or the artist but how it will be interpreted by the public.

It was a massive PR mistake from the Italian FA.

1 Like

Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by bigpicture001: 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2020
Sabby1:
The Torino's twitter admin/handler made the wrong choice of picture. He/she made it look like white supremacy

It was deliberate. Intermilan has done somtin similar
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by Martinez39s(m): 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
Until a Black man becomes Manager of ManU , Liverpool and other top teams, all these wearing Jersey of BLM in the premiership is a Joke!
Things don't work like that. The best managers in the world are mostly non-black. Employment should be based on efficiency not on skin colour or gender.

2 Likes

Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by blingxx(m): 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
wman:
Italians are very racist. They haven't taken down that post even till now.

Look at what the Italian FA posted against racism.

wtf ...this kain racism dey ?
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by Righteousness89(m): 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
Martinez39s:
Things don't work like that. The best managers in the world are mostly non-black. Employment should be based on efficiency not on skin colour or gender.

My Brother am not saying managers should be appointed based on skin color..

But we can't deny the fact that Black manager are not given a fair chance in the PL.

I heard Dwight yorke ! If Dwight Yorke was even highly recommended by ferguson, yet nothing not even an Assistant manager post!

If Frank Lampard was a black man, do you think he will get the job?

Except we wanna DECIEVE ourselves!
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by Jakemedg(m): 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Blacks are usually the poorest and least financially bouyant in most societies. If blacks all over the world mostly black Africans can transform their continent into a global force to be reckoned with through a agricultural revolution, wise spending of resources by it's leaders, elimination of nepotism, rapid infrastructural revolution etc, blacks would be respected.

You can't polish my shoes and expect me to take you as an equal, never. Can you eat from the same plate with your gateman or shoe shiner?
Well said bro
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Sysdatek:
picture itself is racism at its finest

undecided undecided undecided

We've been telling all this black people to wake up.

The world will teach them.

Everyone wants to go abroad instead of fixing d homeland.

When Europe elects another Hitler dem go hear am.

They think we are irrational and over emphasize why blacks especially those arindin white identifed Nigerians must wake up

Yeah its d black oppressor they see, but the wolves are coming.

2 Likes

Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by VirginFinder: 1:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Bbrother am not saying managers should be appointed based on skin color..

But we can't deny the fact that Bblack manager are not given a fair chance in the PL.

I heard Dwight yorke ! If Dwight Yorke was even highly recommended by fFerguson, yet nothing not even an Aassistant manager post!

If Frank Lampard was a black man, do you think he will get the job?

Except we wanna DECIEVE ourselves!
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by Jakemedg(m): 1:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Brother am not saying managers should be appointed based on skin color..

But we can't deny the fact that Black manager are not given a fair chance in the PL.

I heard Dwight yorke ! If Dwight Yorke was even highly recommended by ferguson, yet nothing not even an Assistant manager post!
Which black manager is not given a fair chance in the PL? Should teams like Manchester City or Liverpool sack Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp for poor coaches like Henry or any other black person because they are blacks?
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by Shaprara: 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
LukasPodolski:
Nicolas Nkoulou scored the only goal for Torino in a 1-1 draw with Parma, the team celebrated in a huddle, they all pulled away but Skipper Belotti stayed in support of Nkoulou whilst he kneeled down.

I think this tweet is harmless though the handler wasn't sensitive.....Still it's negligible.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TorinoFC1906_En/status/1274408298339500032

Nothing wrong with the photo at all if you understand photography, the two players are not in front of each other, one is kneeling and the other is standing but the photographer zoomed in on the kneeling guy then it looked like he was kneeling in the front of the other player
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
kneeling down for his white massa cheesy
i get it
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by EmekaBlue(m): 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
I'm black but black cry too much

Abeg Fvck Blacks and their supreme inferiority complex

Whites try hard to make blacks feel normal but fvcking Blacks still cry racism
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by Mexzie(m): 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dear Nairalanders,

Please HELP, my 2yrs old son developed Aplastic Anemia which has now advanced, we have spent lots of money managing his health, but now we need to do a bone marrow replacement surgery in India which is the cure for this ailment or else he will die within months as it is now advanced.
We don't have the money to cover for the cost, please your kind contributions will be highly appreciated to raise the funds needed, about 5 million naira is needed.

My bank details:
Access Bank

My phone number is: 08057130127 in case you want to reach me, it's also on WhatsApp.

Thank you for your anticipated support
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by jesmond3945: 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
wman:
Italians are very racist. They haven't taken down that post even till now.

Look at what the Italian FA posted against racism.
the picture means we are all from one source mammals. look at the eyes.
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by Dirkcoyt: 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Blacks are usually the poorest and least financially bouyant in most societies. If blacks all over the world mostly black Africans can transform their continent into a global force to be reckoned with through a agricultural revolution, wise spending of resources by it's leaders, elimination of nepotism, rapid infrastructural revolution etc, blacks would be respected.

You can't polish my shoes and expect me to take you as an equal, never. Can you eat from the same plate with your gateman or shoe shiner?

This is very wrong please

1 Like

Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by victons(m): 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
the pics shaa is a wrong choice
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by seanwilliam(m): 1:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
ProfAmaben:

very bitter truth.. only hypocrites would not agree to the bolded
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by AsawanaDgreat: 1:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Am waiting for Ize Iyamu as APC flag bearer
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by AmazingELixir: 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
lipsrsealed

Nonsense jobless pipu na una broda be dis

Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by VirginFinder: 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
Until a Bblack man becomes Mmanager of ManU , Liverpool and other top teams, all these wearing Jjersey of BLM in the premiership is a Jjoke!
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by uunwanaobong3: 1:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
I think that the whole message of this protest is getting lost day by day, from defunding the police to disrespecting the national anthem to destruction and pulling down of historical and national artifacts/ structure to banning of Confederate flags....... This are not the message that blacks community should be sending...... Destroying historical monuments and flags doesn't cast you in good light instead it makes you look bad just like them(slave master).
No matter what we do now, slavery will always be part of America history...... They should embress it and learned from the lessons so that they wouldn't repeat the mistake of the urgly past. What has been done (slavery) can not be undone but it can be corrected through peaceful dialogue.
The Confederate were already there with their history and symbols even before the Advent of slavery in North America ...........it is not the fault of the blacks that they were slaves also it is not the fault of the white Confederate that they were slave masters, they both found themselves at the wrong side history and at a wrong time ................their flags is historical to them, it represents their heritage/their existence and their monuments represent their history/their sacrifices that makes America great today............... Believe me, nobody In this world would love their history to be destroyed by others,...... I don't know about you but as for me, I will fight and die in order to maintain my heritage ........ If you are banning the Confederate flag and monuments from public view due to slave keeping, we should also ban British flag, french flag, Belgium flag and their monuments for also keeping slaves,,, because this was a common practice to all these countries at that time.
The destruction of historical artifacts happening in USA now is no different from what ISIS terrorist did in Syria in 2017 when they destroy all history monuments at their sight and were roundly criticized by United Nations............ Blacks should not allowed themselves to became a target of indigenous and those white that were there before them through these senseless act of vandalism and threatening of other peoples culture. Don't try to fight racism by making other people feel unwelcome, rejection, guilty, hatred, that the country is against them ...................... Instead the fight should be centered on equality, fair share of representation in national discuss, societal inclusion, unfair police brutality toward blacks and police reform, unemployment rate and accessibility of quality education and medical Care by blacks community, development of the black ghetto communities, seeking of the same privileges accrue the the whites,,,, these should be their demand and not destruction of other peoples history ( that will make them terrorist and target for white supremacists)........ I believe that both the former slave and slave master can live together sharing equal rights and privileges without a sense of unfair treatment by both sides......,. But these should not be politicised for anyones benefits.............. Most of these brutality, demonstration and historical destruction are happening in a Democrats states ............ Blacks should be careful of having their cause being used to score cheap political points.

Blacks should arose from political racism else they may not get their much needed freedom

1 Like

Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by Virginnn(f): 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:
I don't see anything wrong with the picture.
Look again.
Everything is wrong with it.
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Sholaco:
you are extremely stupid for using such lame word on me, idiot, go and get something doing order than to stay and be shouting racism on nairaland. You blacks especially Nigerians, do you love one another? Fool
Sharrap!
You are justifying racism with your weird logic!

Italy is the home of racism and they have demonstrated it with that stupid picture!!

Once again, shut your hypocritic mouth up!!!
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by uunwanaobong3: 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Very soon multinational companies and institutions will be afraid to use black people or Africans for advertisement and promotion of their company because of this whole nonsense of black stereotype and racism, ........ It has already began (look at Colgate).... Companies will be afraid to associate themselves with Africans because of the backlash
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by kombitel(m): 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
Your logic is very sound I must say ...BUT the presentation didn't come out with the intention. Judging by what people have read and how they responded, its clear that people read it as the balck always bows to the white guy which is complete opposite of what they intend to communicate.

You know communication is not really what you say, Its what the hearer understands :-)

They would have shown the 2 pictures of kneeling + the hug after the kneeling. Then the wordings should have been "everyone has a duty to solidarise with this global movement, Black lives matter"

paulolee:
dts not fair...as long as its italy dt i kno...he is just wasting his time...dose guys matter no be hear...ask muntari, balotelli, boateng, kessie, moise kean, dm go tell u thier matter say italians dnt gv a fck abt us..
also bt i think that handler made the mistake...wat happened is dt nkolou scored and decided to celebrate with dt "black life matter" sign and other players went away but only his captaim belloti stood mayb waiting for him to gv him a hug...the handler posted the controversial pics and some people are saying nkolou being black is bowing to his white master( belotti) bt i think beloti jus came to support and stood by him wen the others left...it depends on which meaning u read to it...that handler may be fined if not fired..
Re: Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) by WakeNbaked: 2:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
paulolee:
dts not fair...as long as its italy dt i kno...he is just wasting his time...dose guys matter no be hear...ask muntari, balotelli, boateng, kessie, moise kean, dm go tell u thier matter say italians dnt gv a fck abt us..
also bt i think that handler made the mistake...wat happened is dt nkolou scored and decided to celebrate with dt "black life matter" sign and other players went away but only his captaim belloti stood mayb waiting for him to gv him a hug...the handler posted the controversial pics and some people are saying nkolou being black is bowing to his white master( belotti) bt i think beloti jus came to support and stood by him wen the others left...it depends on which meaning u read to it...that handler may be fined if not fired..
Nobody would know that without watching the match to understand the writers perspective, I believe he wasn't backing on the fact that all the followers watched that particular to make an inform decision from that particular picture. Yeah, he is bleeped.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emmanuel Emenike Builds Hospital For His People In His Home Town / Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight / New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.