Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,268 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! (1005 Views)

The Worst Response To 'I Love You'? / The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? / The Greatest Lie You Have Ever Heard From A Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by dealordea(m): 4:25am On Jan 28, 2011
There are many theories about love, but some of them are just down right ridiculous.

For me, it was when someone told me love was just a man's way to do a chick. Swear to god, I'm not lying. So, with that being said,

What's the worst love-related advice you ever heard?
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by Africanqueen2(f): 7:25am On Jan 28, 2011
If your guy cheat on You, cheat on him back. Do me I do you man no go vex.
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by iice(f): 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2011
You can change a person. Na beans? undecided
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by 190: 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2011
if she slaps you break bottle on her head
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 28, 2011
that if you have friends that you have known for years, they come before your partner. undecided

ppl actually believe that. . .pretty sad.
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by niggadee(m): 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2011
@ MzD@rkSkin wah gwan
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by soserious(f): 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2011
That it is only the woman that has the burden of holding the relationship together
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 28, 2011
niggadee:

@ MzD@rkSkin wah gwan
grin grin

nuttin much! How are you?
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by niggadee(m): 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2011
@ MzD@rkSkin am alrite grin grin
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by femmy2010(m): 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2011
You can remould her to your taste. grin
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 29, 2011
some of the funniest ones i have read so far, from the archives of NL:
- better be with someone that loves you more than someone that you love more.
- dating someone older than you is wrong. ( even if its just months)
- to get a gf, just get some money then you would find one. this one is actually PRICELESS!!!
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by kadman(m): 2:42pm On Jan 29, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

some of the funniest ones i have read so far, from the archives of NL:
- better be with someone that loves you more than someone that you love more.
- dating someone older than you is wrong. ( even if its just months)
- to get a gf, just get some money then you would find one. this one is actually PRICELESS!!!

I personally don't think that's a bad advice. In this day and age one must apply some brain with the heart. In a relationship I would most likely keep that advice. I'm not arguing I just personally don't think that's a bad advice.

Err dude, are you an actor ?
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2011
^^^^i hear you bro but shouldnt you be with someone that you love, PERIOD?

yes, the brain has to be used but FOR the relationship, NOT against it. using this technique then you will never be happy since you will always settle for people you have no true passion for.

maybe its just me but i'd rather be with someone i love passionately, regardless of how they feel about me (so long as they act/treat me right) than being with someone i dont really have passion for but that loves me to death.

why did you ask the "actor" question?
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2011
stay with someone who you have a child for regardless if there is no love btn you two because eventually it will come.

^^top of the LINE bull.
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by yme1(f): 11:14pm On Jan 29, 2011
kadman:

I personally don't think that's a bad advice. In this day and age one must apply some brain with the heart. In a relationship I would most likely keep that advice. I'm not arguing I just personally don't think that's a bad advice.

Err dude, are you an actor ?
sorry to jump in but how can you be with someone you don't love?
sooner or later the relationship is gonna hit the wall, so why be in something you know will lead you no where?

just my own ish
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2011
niggadee:

@ MzD@rkSkin am alrite   grin  grin

LMFAO! you naughty sloth you lol. you are off the hook!  grin grin grin grin grin
you never fail to have my black a$s crying with laughter!  grin grin
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by MrsChima(f): 7:14pm On Jan 31, 2011
You know what Mz. Dark, I had a few SINGLE girls tell me that I should put old friends before MR. CHIMA! What? Really? Put punny before my DICK? SHIIIIIID!

I told my fam that MY HUSBAND is before ANYBODY even my mother. So if I will put my family AFTER my husband, what make you think I won't put my friends AFTER my husband?

Those who are married and happy, NEVER PUT ANYTHING before your SPOUSE. When you married, you cleaved with your spouse therefore became one. Look out for self before you can look out for others.
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 31, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You know what Mz. Dark, I had a few SINGLE girls tell me that I should put old friends before MR. CHIMA! What? Really? Put punny before my manliness? SHIIIIIID!

I told my fam that MY HUSBAND is before ANYBODY even my mother. So if I will put my family AFTER my husband, what make you think I won't put my friends AFTER my husband?

Those who are married and happy, NEVER PUT ANYTHING before your SPOUSE. When you married, you cleaved with your spouse therefore became one. Look out for self before you can look out for others.

[size=18pt]GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size] what sense does it make to put someone who you have no interest in building with before someone who may grow old with you? like we say in Jamaica "nuttin nuh go so!" meaning, that is not the way it is supposed to go! Never would I put friends before someone who I believe to be my other half. Never.
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by livedit(f): 9:19pm On Jan 31, 2011
Livedit has heard many. Let's see:

A way to a man's heart is threw his stomach and great great sex.
There are no good men in this world.
You are forever "bound" to whomever you give your virginity to.
No two people could truly be faithful to each other.

Those are the only one's that comes to mind right now.
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by UyiIredia(m): 11:51am On Feb 01, 2011
I can't recall anyone save this >>> I have been advised to enter into a relationship even though I am not ready for it >>> as far as I am concerned >>> no relationship till I am done schooling; after then I can start thinking of how to settle down
Re: The Worst Advice You Ever Heard In A Relationship! by apella: 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2011
for better for stay,for worse 4 go , u cn imagine

(1) (Reply)

Can I Still Trust Her ? / Nigerian Girls Again / Letter To My Future Wife( Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.