Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? (34102 Views)

Find Bello Turji Dead Or Alive - MURIC Identifies Man Behind Sokoto Killings / Kim Young-Chae To Nigeria: You Don’t Need Foreign Help To Solve Insecurity / Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Kinematics: 5:15am On Jun 23, 2020
Deltatoto:
akpabio?are u mad?

Is it your mad?
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by gentleibraheem(m): 5:57am On Jun 23, 2020
Sir, Ahmadu bello
Gen. Yakubu Gowon
Gen. Murtala Muhammad
Tunde idiagbon. (Don't know the post he held last)
Gen. Sani Abacha
Dr Cyprians ekwensi
Gen. Sani Abacha
Dr yemi osinbanjo
Alh shehu musa yar'adua
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Ryocaj(m): 5:58am On Jun 23, 2020
Major Kaduna Chukwuma Nzeogwu
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by EzzyCarter: 6:06am On Jun 23, 2020
Carl7:

Respect bro. Legendary penned!

Thanks...Much respect from this side as well bruv! smiley
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Charleys: 7:16am On Jun 23, 2020
emkz:

General Sani Abacha.

Apart from his endemic kleptomaniac tendencies and gross abuses of human rights which landed his name on the wrong side of history, Abacha was a good manager. The rubbish you hear today that Boko Haram or bandits are laying siege to the nation or armed robbers are killing policemen in police stations would never happen. When Emeka Akaluka was beheaded in Kano because his wife purportedly cleaned her baby with a page from the Holy Book, General Abacha had all of them rounded up and killed...except one. Infact, when IMF and World Bank were busy sanctioning Nigeria, Abacha simply ignored them. He grew Nigeria's foreign reserves by more than 1000% and reduced external debt. He famously divided Nigeria into the geopolitical zones and came up with the Vision 2010, which Obasanjo refused to acknowledge because he hated Abacha.

Right now, Nigeria lacks a clear development plan for ten, twenty and thirty years. Only Buhari has shown sense by continuing some of Jonathan's signature projects. We need continuity in governance and we must address the issue of governing Nigeria.

Abacha knows what every Muslim dictator in the middle East and Africa knew.

Once you hand over power to ALLah, he doesn't return the power back, that was why Muslims all over the middle East was kept in check until this their Muslim revolution.

As a military dictator, you need to wield absolute power. Once you let Allah judge for you, you have no power.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by darediamond(m): 7:16am On Jun 23, 2020
Connectiann:
F
E
L
A
I
G
B
O
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Drizzy5001(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2020
I respect only one person and it's Late"prof Dora Akunyili .
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Obifather(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2020
Prof. Yemi Osibanjo

Mr Peter Obi

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by joyandfaith: 8:23am On Jun 23, 2020
NorthPrince:

Mayflower?
no but I was a fan of tai solarin when he was alive
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Ushiesunday(m): 8:32am On Jun 23, 2020
Late Mrs Dora Akuyele. DG NAFDAC
Prof. Ngozi okogie iwala
Chimamanda ngozi adichie
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Oodja: 8:37am On Jun 23, 2020
Sir Olateru-Olagbegi
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by tonychristopher: 9:20am On Jun 23, 2020
bigpicture001:

Only ur tribe ppl.?

They are not his tribe people...

Adaka Boro etc are Ijaw

Akpabio is Ibibio
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by pmoye(m): 9:27am On Jun 23, 2020
You're the trash and I am binning you pronto.
AllHailBiafra:
Just look at your ibelibelism. Only you ibelibelized and only you used another account to like your ibelibelism.

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by obinto99(m): 10:09am On Jun 23, 2020
For the dead once...
Maitama Sule
Umar' Musa Yar'dua
Dora Akunyili
Michael Okpara
Akintola

Still living
Goodluck Jonathan
Bukola Saraki
Orji Uzor Kalu
Aminu Tambuwal
Peter Obi
Nyesom Ezenwo Wike

My love for Wike no get rival oo
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by striker07(m): 10:27am On Jun 23, 2020
Chief obafemi Awolowo, Adekunle Ajasin, Gani Fawehinmi, Fela Anikulapo,Dora Akinyili,Lateef Jakande,MKO Abiola
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Michaelino50: 10:30am On Jun 23, 2020
manny4u:
We are in an era in Nigeria right now where we are actually running out of good people worthy of respect and emulation. Gone are the days when we use to have Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Obafemi Awolowo and so on.This were all great Nigerians who were not corrupt and actually served their country well.

Even those whom we use to respect so much such as Adams Oshiomole, Femi Adeshina, Reuben Abati and even Buhari all got into government and started acting like the others.

So in recent times who are your stand out Nigerians worthy of such stand out respect?

For me I would say late Maitama Sule and Prof. Pat Utomi.
mko abiola, umaru Musa yaradua, chinua Achebe, Tony elumelu, Peter Obi, Raji fashola.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Segeshow: 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
tomdon:
Ganduje Gandollar gomna op Kano sitate our mentor teaching us how to collect bribe in dollars and stuff in a babanriga

Baba your head dey dere!
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by whippersnapper(m): 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2020
Solomon lar, lamido,Tambuwal,Gowon,Murtala, Yar'Adua,Ken saro wiwa,Makarfi,gudaje kazaure
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Adeagbo77: 1:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
Late General Babatunde Idiagbon
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Sleekfingers: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
manny4u:
We are in an era in Nigeria right now where we are actually running out of good people worthy of respect and emulation. Gone are the days when we use to have Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Obafemi Awolowo and so on.This were all great Nigerians who were not corrupt and actually served their country well.

Even those whom we use to respect so much such as Adams Oshiomole, Femi Adeshina, Reuben Abati and even Buhari all got into government and started acting like the others.

So in recent times who are your stand out Nigerians worthy of such stand out respect?

For me I would say late Maitama Sule and Prof. Pat Utomi.

fela, awolowo, lateef jakande, gani, funmilayo ransome kuti, yakub gowon, kareem adepoju( baba wande), hubert ogunde, wole shoyinka, baba sala, sango, D. O fagunwa, kudirat abiola, daddy freeze( the slayer of tithes collectors , the headache of religion brainwashed morons)
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by BigotMan(m): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2020
Aminu Kano

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 4:08pm On Jun 28, 2020
Fela kuti; to me he’s a god just like Buddha that was immortalised by his people.

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 4:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
Connectiann:
F
E
L
A
I agree with this. Man’s a legend
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
jamex93:
Baba Fela

That man was speaking the truth, but the enemies of this country try to confuse us that he is a bad man

Am sure no one can point out 1 thing fela said about Nigerian government that is not true angry

Rest on baba

You are a true hero

Respect large!
People didn’t listen to baba’s warning about the corrupted government then but now we’re all suffering from it.

Baba tried but there’s only so much one man can do.

RIP my hero, god and mentor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Major Shake-up As 37 Nigerian Army Generals Redeployed / PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest / Late Umar Yar'adua With Turai In The Early 70s (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.