Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? (34190 Views)

Find Bello Turji Dead Or Alive - MURIC Identifies Man Behind Sokoto Killings / Kim Young-Chae To Nigeria: You Don’t Need Foreign Help To Solve Insecurity / Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Kingproy(m): 8:23pm On Jun 22, 2020
I admire Tonto dikeh
I admire bra shaggi
I admire Regina Daniels
I admire bobrisky
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by wizod(m): 8:23pm On Jun 22, 2020
paymentvoucher:
General Muhammadu Buhari
nama
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by ajangboju: 8:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
Yakubu Gowon Raji Fashola Victoria Akunyili
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by alphaRego01(m): 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
Omo na only reno omokiri for now
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Fox12(m): 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
*M.K.O of blessed Memory(A Democrat)
*Late Odumegbu Ojukwu.
*Late Johnson Thomas Aguiyi-Ironsi A.K.A Johnny Ironside

Alive
*Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
*Falz
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by bigpicture001: 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
Kinematics:
For me its

1. Isaac Adaka Boro
2. Alfred Diete-spiff
3. Godswill Akpabio

Only ur tribe ppl.?
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Sheggy13(m): 8:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Nigerians truly deserve the kind of leaders they get. Imagine talking about people you respect/idolize and folks here are mentioning the likes of Sani Abacha (the dictator whose loots is still being recovered over 20 years since he died) Deziani Maduekwe (A woman who plundered the nation's oil revenuen so much that she has to be on the run since she left her position) and Peter Odili( who had to secure a perpetual injunction from being investigated for the loots he stole while being a governor, through the help of his wife). What do you expect from youths who idolize these kinds of people.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by CONTACTSAMSUNG(m): 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu

Nnamdi Azikiwe

Abiola

Olusegun Obasanjo

Jaja of opobo

Fela kuti

Ojukwu

Awolowo

Tafawa Balewa

And many more freedom fighters

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Kinematics: 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
bigpicture001:

Only ur tribe ppl.?

How do you mean?
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by alexola20(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Coldie(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
I respect Ojukwu, I respect my father, I respect Buhari and I respect David ibiyeomie

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by EmekaA125(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
manny4u:
We are in an era in Nigeria right now where we are actually running out of good people worthy of respect and emulation. Gone are the days when we use to have Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Obafemi Awolowo and so on.This were all great Nigerians who were not corrupt and actually served their country well.

Even those whom we use to respect so much such as Adams Oshiomole, Femi Adeshina, Reuben Abati and even Buhari all got into government and started acting like the others.

So in recent times who are your stand out Nigerians worthy of such stand out respect?

For me I would say late Maitama Sule and Prof. Pat Utomi.

I admire Late President Umaru Musa Yar'adua, Peter Obi, Emeka Ihedioha and Gov Zulum of Bornu State. These noble figures understood what good governance entails and their stewardships distinguished them from others who lacked clear blueprint of purposeful leadership.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by blackjack21(m): 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
SPECIAL CLASS. MAXIMUM RESPECT Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Sheikh Jafar Mahmoud Adam Misan Rewane Prof. Chinua Achebe
Sunusi Lamido Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso Bola Tinubu Aliko Dangote

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Agbebakun22: 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
Pastor E. A Adeboye, Pastor Kumuyi, Awolowo
Yardua, Adams oshiomole, Oga prof Zulum
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by blackjack21(m): 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
SPECIAL CLASS. MAXIMUM RESPECT Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Sheikh Jafar Mahmoud Adam Misan Rewane Prof. Chinua Achebe
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by blackjack21(m): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by obaaderemi: 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
Only Fela.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by EmekaA125(m): 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
EmekaA125:

I admire Late President Umaru Musa Yar'adua, Peter Obi, Emeka Ihedioha and Gov Zulum of Bornu State. These noble figures understood what good governance clearly entails and their stewardships distinguished them from others who lacked clear blueprint of purposeful leadership.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by tonychristopher: 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
CodeTemplar:
What of Evans, derico and invictus?

Fück off punk
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2020
As for me, I respect Good luck Ebele Jonathan till thy kingdom come.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by bassman007(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
I respect late General Sani Abacha for all the money he was able to steal. It seems this present government would have been in some really serious debt if not for Abacha's recovered loot.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by blazingblender(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
for me oooh i go choose pete edochie oh
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
In the right order:

1. Chief Obafemi Awolowo (The Empowerer of the Yoruba Race)

2. Dora Akunyili (Greatness Personified)

3. Stella Adadevoh (Selflessness and Professionalism at its Peak)

4. Umaru Musa Yar'adua (A Great Leader that death stole away)

5. Jonathan (Averted Bloodshed by Handing-Over Power)

6. Obasanjo (Strength of Africa)

7. Pst Adeboye (Global Impact yet with Unbelievable Humility)

8. Dangote (A Beacon of Hope in Nigerian Business Community)
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Mrdealer4all: 8:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
Chukwuma kaduna nzeogwu.
Hate him or like.
Celestin uku Rex Lawson.
Victor uwaifo

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Agbebakun22: 8:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Werey niyen spotted
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Agbebakun22: 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
perdollar:
(1) Bobrisky
(2) Denrele
(3) Evans the kidnapper
(4)Adams Oshomole
(5) Mohammedu Buhari

Werey niyen u must be a gay
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
Jack500:

U surely don't deserve oxygen, tribalistic p1glet
it oxygen go 1st finished nwa awolowo
Umu cowardz
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Sirwallace(m): 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2020
mandarin:
I respect Fashola because he has the capacity to deliver if he has the authority or power in his hands

VP Osinbajo for his brilliance and intellectual capacity to embrace openness and progress. If he should become the President everything will be different

El Rufai though with some attending reservations but he's a man of quality

Anyim Pius for his capacity to collaborate

Aisha Buhari as a veritable whistle blower who actually should be praised rather than disdain

The First 3 choice of yours and adding peter obi are the major key intellectuals I see that can actually move this country forward as president without the influence of God fatherism plaguing the whole system.

Aisha Buhari if not tamed will be power drunk like Patience Jonathan.

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Brightfab(m): 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2020
One man i love so much Dr. Akinwumi Adeshina
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Deepsky(m): 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2020
GEN. ABACHA
DR. DORA AKUNYILI
GEN. OBASANJO
ALHJ MUSA YA'RDUA
UNCLE JONA
MAITAMA SULE.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Krisjustin: 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2020
I respect Allen onyema, And GO-ROUND of onelga. Go-Round also known as felix obuah is the former PDP chairman of Rivers state, his making wave in rivers state because of his genourous and kind nature.

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Optional09: 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
Harbey92:
Fashola
Yele sowore
Yemi Osinbajo
Prof Wole soyinka
Does akiyuli
Sanusi Lamido sanusi

Fair judgement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos From The Meeting Of President Buhari With APC Governors / Newly Reconstructed Ilorin - Jebba - Mokwa Road / Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.