Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? (34105 Views)

Find Bello Turji Dead Or Alive - MURIC Identifies Man Behind Sokoto Killings / Kim Young-Chae To Nigeria: You Don’t Need Foreign Help To Solve Insecurity / Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Angelfrost(m): 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:
Nobody.
Nigeria is a messed up country that messed up everyone.
Even foreigners that join our politics become messed up just like this site that's messed up

Egbon... No need wasting good words!!! Let's just leave it at a single word: Nobody!!! Not a damn soul!!!

Politics and leadership are clearly not for most Nigerians!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Maliqcious: 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
Basic123:
Bola Ahmed Tinubu
are you okay

10 Likes

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by veron007: 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
Peter Obi

4 Likes

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by friday2011(m): 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
Mr PETER OBI

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by desiredhome: 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2020
1. Alhaji Musa Yaradua.
2. Muhamadu Buhari
3 Dora Akuyi
4. Rotimi Amechi
5 Sani Abacha
6. Fela Kuti

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by HEAVEN4444: 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
fela
gani fawehinmi
tunde idiagbon
Dr Frederick Oladeinde
sunday oliseh
danny the bull amokachi
peter rufai
rasheed yekini

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Swipa: 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dora
Akinwunmi Adeshina
Goodluck Jonathan
Abdusalami Abubakar na correct guy.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
lalasticlala:
Dora Akunyili

You're the only person I've seen with a reasonable role model

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Integrafamoo: 6:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dora Akuyili,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by ppogba: 6:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dora Akunyili for ever and ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by wildlife9999(m): 6:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Swipa:
Dora
Akinwunmi Adeshina
Goodluck Jonathan
Abdusalami Abubakar na correct guy.

bro no vex. pls what is the meaning of when I'm trying to view my mentions quotes. or trying to view a thread they will say

SOMETHING WENT WRONG.

PLS try again later or refresh your browser.

need nairaland block me?

or did they keep on deleting my post?
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by desiredhome: 6:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
1. Alhaji Musa Yaradua.
2. Muhamadu Buhari
3 Dora Akunyili
4. Rotimi Amechi
5 Sani Abacha
6. Fela Kuti

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by jikins(m): 6:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
manny4u:
We are in an era in Nigeria right now where we are actually running out of good people worthy of respect and emulation. Gone are the days when we use to have Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Obafemi Awolowo and so on.This were all great Nigerians who were not corrupt and actually served their country well.

Even those whom we use to respect so much such as Adams Oshiomole, Femi Adeshina, Reuben Abati and even Buhari all got into government and started acting like the others.

So in recent times who are your stand out Nigerians worthy of such stand out respect?

For me I would say late Maitama Sule and Prof. Pat Utomi.

Op Nigeria is where it is today because of the founding father's. If it weren't for the greed of Namdi Azikiwe, Tafawa Balewa and co, we wouldn't have had a coup. If these people had actually invested in the country and its people instead of themselves, we would have had a totally different history. So these aren't great Nigerians but failed Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Basic123: 6:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Maliqcious:
are you okay
Yes I am okay
but I don't think you are okay
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by jamalnation(m): 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2020
Nasir El Rufai,
Yakubu Dogara,
FELA,
Musa Yaradua,
Haruna Itopa Onuka,
ETC.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by invincible007(m): 6:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
Thomas Sankara.
Forever

4 Likes

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Kingnelson9: 6:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
Late pres.musa yar'adua
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Thelimitbreaker(m): 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
I respect Tinubu for one reason which is his dexterity at raising technocrats and bringing them to international lime-light even though there may be some "ish" here and there. I also love Wole Soyinka, Pat Utomi, Adesina, Azikwe, Obasanjo, Pastor Tunde Bakare, Fashola and all our founding fathers that served tirelessly for the developments of this country and even Lalasticlala.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by pmoye(m): 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lord Frederick Lugard, our mentor. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by pocohantas(f): 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
-Dora Akunyili
-Ibukun Awosika
-Tony Elumelu
-Sanusi Lamido kiss kiss kiss
-Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
-Tara Fela-Durotoye
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Orokojasper(m): 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
Yakubu Gowon..... don't ask me why abeg
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by LORDKing001: 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
Labaran Maku and musa yaradua
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by JJBROS(m): 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
Major Kaduna Nzeogwu....I will continue to respect this man till I die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
manny4u:
We are in an era in Nigeria right now where we are actually running out of good people worthy of respect and emulation. Gone are the days when we use to have Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Obafemi Awolowo and so on.This were all great Nigerians who were not corrupt and actually served their country well.

Even those whom we use to respect so much such as Adams Oshiomole, Femi Adeshina, Reuben Abati and even Buhari all got into government and started acting like the others.

So in recent times who are your stand out Nigerians worthy of such stand out respect?

For me I would say late Maitama Sule and Prof. Pat Utomi.

U mean same Pat utomi that supported buhari?
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by gnykelly(m): 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
mine are Dora akunyili. fashola sanusi lamido sanusi
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by PrinceMajestic: 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
1: HRM Onajite Igere Adjara III(JP)
Reign:1986-2014. celebrated his 25th silver jubilee coronation anniversary on the oldest ancestral throne in Urhobo nation. He was chairman of Traditional Rulers Of Oil Producing Communuties of Nigeria-TROMPCON and Chairman of Urhobo Traditional Rulers Council- UTRC being the oldest on throne and
his first monarch graduate of Urhobo nation, his government cut across entire Urhobo and trompcon Nigeria, His the author of the popular book "Urhobo Kingdoms And Social Cultural Heritage" this book is what changed the British colonial term "clan" used to refer to Urhobo communities to Kingdoms so its generally accepted to classify our sub groups as autonomous Kingdoms and no longer clan, he was the greatest monarch Urhobo nation ever produced until his his royal passage in 2014 and his son installed as the current ruler but I hope he can wield the influence of the father. I pledge my never ending loyalty to keep your legacies alive old boy.
2: Fela Anikulapo kuti for his legendary music that promoted Africa and raised awareness on evil exploitation of white slavers and bad government.

3: Musa Ya'Adua
4:Muhammadu Buhari-GCFR
5: H.E Senator Ovie Omo-Agege-DSP
6: Prince Majestic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by tofolo(m): 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
emkz:
General Sani Abacha.

Apart from his endemic kleptomaniac tendencies and gross abuses of human rights which landed his name on the wrong side of history, Abacha was a good manager. The rubbish you hear today that Boko Haram or bandits are laying siege to the nation or armed robbers are killing policemen in police stations would never happen. When Emeka Akaluka was beheaded in Kano because his wife purportedly cleaned her baby with a page from the Holy Book, General Abacha had all of them rounded up and killed...except one. Infact, when IMF and World Bank were busy sanctioning Nigeria, Abacha simply ignored them. He grew Nigeria's foreign reserves by more than 1000% and reduced external debt. He famously divided Nigeria into the geopolitical zones and came up with the Vision 2010, which Obasanjo refused to acknowledge because he hated Abacha.

Right now, Nigeria lacks a clear development plan for ten, twenty and thirty years. Only Buhari has shown sense by continuing some of Jonathan's signature projects. We need continuity in governance and we must address the issue of governing Nigeria.
Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Buchi2030: 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
Peter obi is the nan

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by updatedws: 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
Babatunde Raji Fashola
Lt. Umaru Musa Yaradua
Dora Akunyili...
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Swipa: 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
I don't know the issue bruv.
wildlife9999:

bro no vex. pls what is the meaning of when I'm trying to view my mentions quotes. or trying to view a thread they will say

SOMETHING WENT WRONG.

PLS try again later or refresh your browser.

need nairaland block me?

or did they keep on deleting my post?
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by bash8936: 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
Fashola Anytime anyday...His Educational stride in Lagos State public education as Governor 2007/2015 made me who I am today....That guy absolutely touch everywhere and change the face of Lagos within that short period.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Daniel058(m): 7:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
Nnamdi kanu, Umaru Musa yardua.. Dave Nweze Umahi .. finished!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Introduction Of Oduduwa Anthem In Ondo: Northern Elders Kick / Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign / PDP Branded Umbrella In China Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.