Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? (34099 Views)

Find Bello Turji Dead Or Alive - MURIC Identifies Man Behind Sokoto Killings / Kim Young-Chae To Nigeria: You Don’t Need Foreign Help To Solve Insecurity / Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by AllHailBiafra(m): 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bighead9:
I'm an Igbo man and I respect the following leaders. President Buhari, Oshiomole, El Rufai, Aisha Buhari, Tinubu, Pastors Ize Iyamu, pantamı, Osibanjo, Amaechi, Okorocha and DCP Aba Kyarı.
Why must you mention that you're an Igbo man before listing the names of all the devils you know? You must be a devil yourself and can never be an Igbo man, no doubt.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by saintcasmir(m): 10:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
Late Dora and Mimiko
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by AllHailBiafra(m): 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
lomprico:

who asked for your tribe? bigot!
Don't tell me you believe that he's actually an Igbo man. The fools in Igbo land ain't that foolish.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by babajero(m): 10:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
LIVING
Enyinnaya Abaribe
Peter Obi
Sullivan Chime
Bukola Saraki
Goodluck Jonathan

DEAD
Sam Mbakwe
Odimegwu Ojukwu (Ikemba)
Michael Okpara
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Forumobserver12(m): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
There's no public servant in recent time one can compare to Prof.Dora Akunyili...the woman is selfless and sincere to the core.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Lawsimon(m): 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
Chinua Achebe (blessed memory)
Alhaji Aminu Kano (blessed memory)
Arc. Obong Victor Attah.

I could have more, but these are the ones that fast surfaced my memory.

Modified:
Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar'Adua (blessed memory)
Prof. Dora Akunyili (blessed memory)

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by excel101(m): 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
Kenplay:
The ones alive I admire are:
(1)Alex Otti
(2)Jim Ovia
(3)Tony Elemulu
(4) Leo stan Eke
(5)Dozie Pascal

In politics are:
(1) Zik of Africa
(2)Sullivan Chime
(3)Peter Obi
(4)Fashola

But wen Fella dey alive, your 2nd home na Calacuta Republic o.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by excel101(m): 11:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
Abacha, Fella, Odiye, Umaru Dikko, Lawrence Anini, Shina Rambo, IBB, Monday Osubor, Gloria Okon, Alameasigha(aka Alamco) etc.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by abbiboy: 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
None of them most get skeleton for their cupboard,far gone re the days we have public figure or mentor,what we have now re corporate yahoo's..
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by LilWarshy(m): 11:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
Olufunmilayo Anikulapo Kuti
Fela Anikulapo Kuti
Femi Anikulapo Kuti
Seun Anikulapo Kuti
Ken Saro Wiwa
Olugbenga Abefe Adeboye
Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola
Alhaji Gambu
Olawale Olofooro (Brymo)
Orunmila Bara Agbonmiregun.

Outside Nigeria

Kwame Nkrumah
Thomas Shankara
Patrice Lumumba
Maya Angelou
Muhammed Ali
Angela Davies
2pac Shakur
Malcolm X
Marcus Garvey
Abdel Nasser
Sekou toure
Lucky Dube
Luther King
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by emmamajesty: 11:40pm On Jun 22, 2020
Distinguished Senator Hope Uzodinma( Ownaaaaa)

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by qtx(m): 11:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
Greenbirth:
Obj Obasojo is still one of the respected men in nigeria.

Now Buhari and his locust head tribal bigot men have turn nigeria into something laughable. Imagine even ghana now get mouth to pull down our embassy.

The fuvking niggas still dey form supermen up north. I don't know if is dust instead of brain in their coconut head.
That is the dance of a tailor. kikikikiki shocked
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by uchebest20(m): 11:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dora, Mazi nnamdi kanu, ngozi okonjo iwela, yar adua, Goodluck Jonathan
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by qtx(m): 11:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
The way the country is now, sincerely, I can only be sure of my self
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Keneeby(m): 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
Godswill Akpabio the uncommon transformation of Akwa Ibom State
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by desiredhome: 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
welldone aboki wey dey take blunt

Shut the gutter you call mouth there.... what do you know? Empty skull
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
Femi Felana and his son Falz

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by feyisejoy(m): 12:07am On Jun 23, 2020
Gani Fawehinmi[/color]
[color=#000099]

manny4u:
We are in an era in Nigeria right now where we are actually running out of good people worthy of respect and emulation. Gone are the days when we use to have Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Obafemi Awolowo and so on.This were all great Nigerians who were not corrupt and actually served their country well.

Even those whom we use to respect so much such as Adams Oshiomole, Femi Adeshina, Reuben Abati and even Buhari all got into government and started acting like the others.

So in recent times who are your stand out Nigerians worthy of such stand out respect?

For me I would say late Maitama Sule and Prof. Pat Utomi.

Gani Fawehinmi
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 23, 2020
Fela Kuti and Gani Fawehinmi.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 23, 2020
mandarin:
[s]I respect Fashola because he has the capacity to deliver if he has the authority or power in his hands

VP Osinbajo for his brilliance and intellectual capacity to embrace openness and progress. If he should become the President everything will be different

El Rufai though with some attending reservations but he's a man of quality

Anyim Pius for his capacity to collaborate

Aisha Buhari as a veritable whistle blower who actually should be praised rather than disdain
[/s]

What impact have they had on the average Nigerian and in the fight against the corruption epidemic?
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jun 23, 2020
lalasticlala:
Dora Akunyili
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 23, 2020
See some enslaved Nigerians naming most of their oppressors that turned their country to the poverty and corruption capital of the world as people they respect shocked

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by GAJIT: 12:18am On Jun 23, 2020
manny4u:
We are in an era in Nigeria right now where we are actually running out of good people worthy of respect and emulation. Gone are the days when we use to have Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Obafemi Awolowo and so on.This were all great Nigerians who were not corrupt and actually served their country well.

Even those whom we use to respect so much such as Adams Oshiomole, Femi Adeshina, Reuben Abati and even Buhari all got into government and started acting like the others.

So in recent times who are your stand out Nigerians worthy of such stand out respect?

For me I would say late Maitama Sule and Prof. Pat Utomi.

Late Prof. Dora Akunyili
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 23, 2020
tomdon:
Ganduje Gandollar gomna op Kano sitate our mentor teaching us how to collect bribe in dollars and stuff in a babanriga

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 23, 2020
princetom1:

Na only u get sense here. When i see the list others give, then i know, we are a bleeped up nation, just like her politicians
I am shocked like Buhari honestly.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by doctore212(m): 12:57am On Jun 23, 2020
Anini
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 1:36am On Jun 23, 2020
Late: 1. MKO Abiola 2. Gbenga Adeboye

They stated & showed it clearly that wealth is not about how much you are worth, but how many you have helped.
At the end, if I could give an estimated number of how many I was able to help in my lifetime, then I would still see myself as nothing but,,,,,,a failure.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by omoluka: 2:43am On Jun 23, 2020
Awolowo
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by ashiwaju11(m): 4:45am On Jun 23, 2020
Awolowo Obafemi
Professor Wole Soyinka
Sowore Omoyele
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by rafcrown(m): 4:47am On Jun 23, 2020
Only Late Gen. MURTALA MUHAMMED.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Bighead9: 4:50am On Jun 23, 2020
AllHailBiafra:
Why must you mention that you're an Igbo man before listing the names of all the devils you know? You must be a devil yourself and can never be an Igbo man, no doubt.

I'm an Igbo man. If the thing pain you, locate the nearest transformer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fisayo Soyombo: Owo Attackers Were In Miltary Camouflage / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? / Fact Check: Picture Of Peter Obi And Seyi Tinubu Is False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.