Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers (48858 Views)

50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity / Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. / Fire Razes Down Shops In Ikotun, Betterlife Ijora Markets(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by nkemdi89(f): 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
As they are locking down their shops , hope it's not their fellow igbo brother that masterminded the kidnap?

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by ohem007(m): 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2020
chaii see my watt market o been there today err where was scanty
never knew something was up

Anyways the highlighted shop sells football jerseys for affordable price

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Bobyro: 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2020
Zhegx:

If they leave Nigeria, nothing will happen.
Only someone who hasn't travelled around Nigeria will think a particular region will suffer. All regions can survive independently.
Yet dem no won allow them go.. Economy is the key bro
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Bobyro: 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
nkemdi89:
As they are locking down their shops , hope it's not their fellow igbo brother that masterminded the kidnap?
Nkemdi. Fake alias, you're just spewing trash.. Comprehension na your problem

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Bighead9: 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2020
ppogba:

Truth is Bitter.

Nothing but the truth.

God bless you.

You know Igbo's well. grin grin grin

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by nkemdi89(f): 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bobyro:

Nkemdi. Fake alias, you're just spewing trash.. Comprehensiom na your problem
Are you a policeman? Allow the police to do their job, when your uncle Evan's was kidnapping fellow igbo men , who ever thought of that ? Always claiming victims when the main perpetrators are in your mist.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Bighead9: 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
Sagay212:

Exactly. They are the culprits but as usual will blame others and do the usual victim playing and talk their usual line of how people are jealous of their success. You open 2 by 2 shop dey sell fake products , next thing na to dey chest beat and claim say dem dey jealous your 2 by 2 shop.

God bless you.

You Sabi them well. Another Evans is groowing amongst them.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Bobyro: 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
nkemdi89:

Are you a policeman? Allow the police to do their job, when your uncle Evan's was kidnapping fellow igbo men , who ever thought of that ? Always claiming victims when the main perpetrators are in your mist.
You're totally dumb.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by DexterousOne(m): 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
sesan85:
South Africans and Americans don't flee from their homelands in their millions like homeless refugees and mendicant gypsies like Igbos. Non-Igbos don't run to Igboland for greener pastures in their millions like foreigners run to South Africa and America. Silly comparism?

Another person who does not know what he is talking about.

You guys should hustle and do well for yourselves

Stop being bitter over others who are hustling for themselves

Lagos is filled with so many who fled from near bankrupt states like Osun and Ekiti

Does that make Osun or Ekiti a wasteland?

Many of you lack sense

And have allowed tribalism becloud your judgement

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by vioment: 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
Shutting down business of buying and selling is not a credible strategy to me. What if that was one of the strategies of the instigators in the guise of criminality.

I think since the last 13years igbos started becoming untrustworthy more and more among ourselves as a tribe. All of a sudden, many igbos are gossipers, many igbos are not thinking with intellect, many igbos are emotional in the wrong way, hating and jealousy have gone up, etc
These trends of foolishness are wide spread with every tribe; but there was a time that igbos rose above these.

Now back to what happened, I really don't know what happened. I just know that a protest to the ekelebe office could have been helpful, being more aware of surroundings as a group can be helpful. Many other formats that can be used.

All these illiterates and unwise people leading others is a shame on action. How can these so called forced shutdown help the situation. You are not the manufacturer. Well, Nigeria is just filled with duns everywhere you look.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by sonnie10: 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
quentin06:

That man was no saint, he had his demons, maybe karma is visiting him.
He doesn’t settle his boys well.
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by wiseoneking: 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
livebyday:
[s][/s]

Again you typed a whole lot and ended up saying nothing

Not me or anyone is bothering to read your rant grin

I didn't make you drop out !! Don't put that frustration on me or any other member here... Go sort your own life out ..

Spend less time posting your account number around nairaland begging for handouts and go back to school so you may just change the trajectory of your life .

Now you have my permission to continue sulking

grin
You are improving a bit but you failed your first sentence again.

When you use the word again to start a sentence, you MUST put comma after it. Eg from your own sentence: Again, you typed a whole lot, and ended up saying nothing. This your brain needs overhauling sister. You started it by calling somebody a drop out, but I can now see you are worst than that. You cannot write a correct sentence without making a plunder. Check other sentences you wrote and correct them quickly. Look at how you are openly disgracing your self here .
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by selfdefence: 7:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
The kidnapping rate in the country now is becoming really alarming
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by perdollar(m): 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2020
Coldie:
Igbo Fulani alliance, should be now or never, but some short sighted people won't understand.

Secondly why dont u act like the Hausa's, keep or ur family in Igbo land while u invest in another mans land, all u do rent a Batcher and stay once u see problems move simple.

Thirdly no dae show itself, guys with all the millions have to still wear palm slippers and walk on the road
weed no allow u type at all.
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by okoroemeka(m): 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Excuse me sir, what do you mean by a tribe getting 90% of all the businesses in Nigeria?
what he means is the market business of buying and selling,you cannot help but admire how this guys managed to monopolize such business line,let me illustrate,I met a Senegalese spare parts dealer in mgbuka onitsha and I was asking him how on Earth will he come all the way back from Senegal to onitsha to buy parts,he told me that igbo business men has invested in joint ventures with owners of scrap and junkyards in Asia that any non igbo speaking buyer cannot buy from them,so they only sell to their brothers,so that is the cause,hmm.
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by NaMeAboki: 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2020
Wonders shall never end!
Lol, Evans ppl (the original kidnappers) complaining about kidnapping - na wa oO!
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by proeast(m): 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
sesan85:
South Africans and Americans don't flee from their homelands in their millions like homeless refugees and mendicant gypsies like Igbos. Non-Igbos don't run to Igboland for greener pastures in their millions like foreigners run to South Africa and America. Silly comparism?

It's apparent that you're not informed yet it's appalling seeing how stubborn you choose to remain in ignorance.

Globally, people always take advantage in areas where they have comparative advantage. That's the reason why you see a lot of Chinese, Indians and Lebanese all over Africa, even in remote areas, doing one business or another. They are not in those places because African countries are more developed than China, India or Lebanon rather they saw opportunities the locals are incompetent to handle or run efficiently, and they filled the void while cashing out in the process. That's the same thing Igbos are doing all over Nigeria and beyond. That's also why others can't compete against them in many sectors and they end up hating them.

I have seen people from Anambra, Imo and other Igbo states doing business in very remote and poor areas like rural places in the North. Now does it mean those places are more developed than where they came from.

The difference between Igbos and others is that Igbos are naturally daring and adventurous, and wouldn't mind enduring some momentary hardship while keeping their eyes on the bigger picture and they end up becoming successful in the succeeding years.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by proeast(m): 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Sammy07:

We can't just stop hating my brother.

We Igbos should leave other regions leaders and governors and face own.

That's why our region remains the poverty capital of the South.

You see why no one trusts you afonjas? You've suddenly become Igbo today. Talk about green snakes in green grass.
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by LukasPodolski: 8:23pm On Jun 22, 2020
okoroemeka:
what he means is the market business of buying and selling,you cannot help but admire how this guys managed to monopolize such business line,let me illustrate,I met a Senegalese spare parts dealer in mgbuka onitsha and I was asking him how on Earth will he come all the way back from Senegal to onitsha to buy parts,he told me that igbo business men has invested in joint ventures with owners of scrap and junkyards in Asia that any non igbo speaking buyer cannot buy from them,so they only sell to their brothers,so that is the cause,hmm.
This doesn't make sense at all, Spear parts and Clothes are not the only commodities we use in this country.

I don't think I've patronised an Igbo business man/woman this year.

my State as a case study, we had the 10th biggest igr last year, and the only Igbo business (apart from Prostitution) you would find is clothing business in Challenge flyover, and the State government chased them severally (this means they ain't important) maybe because they don't pay tax or maybe because of traffic jam, I don't know.

now when you guys say fallacious things like "we control 90% of Naija's economy, we Developed this place, we owns this we owns that" don't you think these lies will draw hatred to you guys?

it will make them feel somehow useless, just like my friend bragging that he made me a successful man (especially if it's fallacy) I will feel very bad.

sometimes ago, someone here said Igbos Developed Kano, he was bragging here, can he say that in Kano metropolis? Northerners wey no get joy.

who knows if it's this same boastful act that made the Calabar locals kidnapped that man.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Coldie(m): 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
perdollar:
weed no allow u type at all.
U no be Igbo so u won't understand
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Sweetgoodie(f): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
[s]
Topsic70:

Don't mind them biko.
Lagos-ibadan media dt wants to cos division BTW se and ss.
Can a biafran kidnap another biafran?
Taaaaaa dia!
[/s]
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
For the first time we are united. Good!
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by bigcasava1(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
Sirheny007:
It is no surprise.
Igbo men have been attracting envy everywhere they set their foot.
but why? Who have they offended
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by livebyday(m): 8:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
[s]
wiseoneking:
You are improving a bit but you failed your first sentence again.

When you use the word again to start a sentence, you MUST put comma after it. Eg from your own sentence: Again, you typed a whole lot, and ended up saying nothing. This your brain needs overhauling sister. You started it by calling somebody a drop out, but I can now see you are worst than that. You cannot write a correct sentence without making a plunder. Check other sentences you wrote and correct them quickly. Look at how you are openly disgracing your self here .
[/s]

grin

Still trying too hard grin

You are coming off as if you ae upset ?

I only suggested you go back tomorrow school.

Relax and stop sulking
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by xeju: 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
...for this I will invite my Calaba girlfriend that I dumped and give her original nacking, her body go tell am, until her brothers release my brothers I will not let her go from my house.

lobish !!!!

Igbo Amaka oooo!!!! !!!!
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by sonnie10: 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
LukasPodolski:

who knows if it's this same boastful act that made the Calabar locals kidnapped that man.

Odinka’s two stories was the first of its kind at Marian market axis in Calabar, built in the early 80s.
His is old money, not the kind that would boast bro.
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by sirp9898(m): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
So you are calling a whole great igbos ordinary thd day we all seperate that is the day you all will see the greatness of igbos
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by nkemdi89(f): 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bobyro:

You're totally dumb.
You are an idiot.
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by MajesticKris: 10:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
Yeah I've seen you that has sense..
SIONKPO1:

funny you ,you sound childish
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Bobyro: 10:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
nkemdi89:

You are an idiot.
The biggest idiot is you who is so stupid to comprehend. You dumb fvck even had to take a false identity.
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by eddyslim(m): 10:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
Amarabae:
this is a bit funny,
hunger dey ! so they see those Igbo businessmen as cashcows for their kidnapping business.
ayade should do something.
Igbos are peaceful people,
Are you in Cali? This one you know governors name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fire Guts Access Bank, Victoria Island, Lagos (Video) / What Business Can I Start With N70,000? / Share Your Experience As A POS Vendor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.