Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers (48883 Views)

50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity / Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. / Fire Razes Down Shops In Ikotun, Betterlife Ijora Markets(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Daddyboy21: 11:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
FunFact:
Good move from the Igbos..

But In an unrelated news, is this the same Cross River that is considered the cleanest state in Nigeria?! People from this state will still join in calling Lagos a garbage slum, ignoring the fact that the whole of Naija Na slum.
Except Akwa ibom state
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Kidakudz5: 11:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
[s]
Lovelyn451:
Your kinda mentality is why kidnap and stealing will never stop. Nobody wants to start small, reasonable business to you is kidnapping and internet fraud shikenan...Renting 2 by 2 shops yen yen yen...must everybody have the money to own a company? That 2 by 2 shop they sell phone chargers is what is sustaining them. If u can't manage a 2 by 2 shop don't kidnap those doing it...and yes, anybody that earns legitimately has every right to beat their chest cos its not easy to sell second hand clothes and petty phone chargers...useless kidnappers thieves!
[/s]stop crying madam grin grin grin grin

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Omoslim26: 11:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
this thread try small shall some intelligent comments apart from some useless cursed good for nothing lazy jobless idoits doing the rubbish tribal shit

back to the discussion

the government should try and ensure that everyone is safe in his territory

this should be a normal thread wen ever something is not going right let's come out in masses and make our voices held

welda u b igbo or yoruba or hause u have a right to protest any abnormally especially dis insecurity issue dat has plunged deep into d system
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by inyenejo(m): 12:07am On Jun 23, 2020
Nigerian government always trying to create disunity in the old Eastern region, anybody can kidnap anyone , Ibibio can kidnap Ibibio, Hausa can kidnap Hausa , Igbos can kidnap Igbos , so stop ur propaganda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by MetaPhysical: 12:58am On Jun 23, 2020
Balogunodua:

The Eze Ndigbo of nairaland has finally arrived cheesy

Me: Sir, what do you have to say about this news? grin

grin
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by MetaPhysical: 1:06am On Jun 23, 2020
Sammy07:
Thank God this didn't happen in South west.
This thread would have been in 10pages by now grin

Metaphysical
Thatfairguy
sunshineg5
Legendhero
PVision2020
Topsic70
SWfirstborn
prowest

In North and SS Ibos shut shops to protest.

Them no born dem well to shut shop in protest in SW. grin.

Do you know how much Ibo make in SW in one day?

We are the lifeline of Ibo in Nigeria. Take Yoruba out, all the phantom story about Ibo enterprise and industry will die.

If they disagree ask them to go on one week protest and all Ibos in SW shut shop.

Even Kanu...hold on, Ojukwu, the gburugburu himself.....cannot get a close-shop order in SW, much more small boy Kanu.

Na only for SS and North they try this shyyte. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by MetaPhysical: 1:09am On Jun 23, 2020
inyenejo:
Nigerian government always trying to create disunity in the old Eastern region, anybody can kidnap anyone , Ibibio can kidnap Ibibio, Hausa can kidnap Hausa , Igbos can kidnap Igbos , so stop ur propaganda

The small children una grab in Kano and took to Anambra na Ibo pikin dem be?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by MetaPhysical: 1:11am On Jun 23, 2020
Sammy07:
Where is metaphysical self when you need him.

Topsic70 grin

grin

I dey in contact with Christina, we dey plan my trip to join her in Imo. grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by wiseoneking: 3:01am On Jun 23, 2020
livebyday:
[s][/s]

grin

Still trying too hard grin

You are coming off as if you ae upset ?

I only suggested you go back tomorrow school.

Relax and stop sulking
You are really working hard to confirm your OLODO hard stand
. You refused to get better. Go through what you wrote above and stop disgracing yourself for the fourth time.

are and were are linking verb, and moreover now from your sentence, the use of "IF" should have followed by "were" and not "are" since you are using it in the past tense.
You are coming off as if you are upset should be written thus: you are coming off as if you were upset.

Secondly; Your second sentence: I only suggested you go back tomorrow school should be written thus: I only suggested THAT you SHOULD go back TO school tomorrow.
There is nothing like tomorrow school in Englsh usage and moreover, the rest of that sentence is riddled with meaningless and disjointed poor word construction.
Is like I cant manage you anymore. I am beginning to doubt if you got a primary school certificate. Continue to disgrace yourself in this open forum. YOU MUST LEARN BY FORCE.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Vanzcharles(m): 3:29am On Jun 23, 2020
sesan85:
South Africans and Americans don't flee from their homelands in their millions like homeless refugees and mendicant gypsies like Igbos. Non-Igbos don't run to Igboland for greener pastures in their millions like foreigners run to South Africa and America. Silly comparism?
What about the Chinese? Are they poor?
We have them everywhere./ Guy if person do business and e dey pain you go im land go rent shop go do business. Igbo ppl na your wahala shey..
Let me school you on why we have disintegration among the Igbo folks. Igbo tribe is mainly known for their business activities and mindset. Now one of the factors of business in economy is location and competition. In order for them to meet up the market standard, they would move out of a geographical area to another area so as to meet up the market demands.
That way they tend to grow in that place in population with time. Unlike other tribes who practice farming they tend to stay in their homeland without moving an inch or save themselves the stress.
We should just understand why the Chinese companies move towards other countries to sell their products.
You can't easily find other tribes in igbo land because they have nothing to do there as the only supportive business to thrive is trading and they are not traders. So they may be good in farming, fishing, educational wise e.t.c. West were more bent on going to school that is why their leaders where quick to bring institutions here in western land. Their children did not have to travel out of the land.
This just explain why you see the Igbo tribe every where. 'Their nature of buying and selling'
So I think you should think beyond tribalism and understand that no one flees his home when one changes or location. Unless you also say all Nigerians in diaspora flee their homeland like refugees because we have a lot of Nigerians in Diaspora. UAE we have high number of Nigerian Muslims.. I know that very well and they did not flee their homeland. Unless you are in your village searching through nairaland. Less what you said was baseless.
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by ololo12: 5:03am On Jun 23, 2020
Having lived and grown up in Calabar! I can tell you categorically that Igbo element is involved in the kidnapping. Na him fellow Igbo brother draw him leg out. Between, there has been an increased in the spate of kidnapping in Target street. Sometime ago it was Andy computers still on target street, then they moved to kidnap that other guy that sells building materials on the same target street, as well as the betting shop there too. It’s sad seeing things deteriorate so badly in Calabar. This is a city that was one of the most peaceful in the country few years ago. It’s sad all this is happening in the neck of my woods. I use to live at Academy street, which is an adjoining street to Target. sad sad sad

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by livebyday(m): 6:06am On Jun 23, 2020
[s]
wiseoneking:
You are really working hard to confirm your OLODO hard stand
. You refused to get better. Go through what you wrote above and stop disgracing yourself for the fourth time.

are and were are linking verb, and moreover now from your sentence, the use of "IF" should have followed by "were" and not "are" since you are using it in the past tense.
You are coming off as if you are upset should be written thus: you are coming off as if you were upset.

Secondly; Your second sentence: I only suggested you go back tomorrow school should be written thus: I only suggested THAT you SHOULD go back TO school tomorrow.
There is nothing like tomorrow school in Englsh usage and moreover, the rest of that sentence is riddled with meaningless and disjointed poor word construction.
Is like I cant manage you anymore. I am beginning to doubt if you got a primary school certificate. Continue to disgrace yourself in this open forum. YOU MUST LEARN BY FORCE.
[/s]

Hahahahaahaha grin

You are typing so hard!!! You woke up clenched your teeth and rushed to the keyboard just being a sweat grin

It's so hilarious

Listen don't take me exposing you for being a drop out so painfully

Breathe, sulk ,it's okay to cry even .. let it all out and go buy jamb form grin

Next time graduate so you don't embarrass yourself. It's not too late though , go and write jamb and give it another shot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Sammy07: 7:16am On Jun 23, 2020
MetaPhysical:

We are the lifeline of Ibo in Nigeria. Take Yoruba out, all the phantom story about Ibo enterprise and industry will die.

If they disagree ask them to go on one week protest and all Ibos in SW shut shop.

Even Kanu...hold on, Ojukwu, the gburugburu himself.....cannot get a close-shop order in SW, much more small boy Kanu.

You're absolutely correct.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Sammy07: 7:19am On Jun 23, 2020
MetaPhysical:

If they try am in SW, e don do for them niyen ooo grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Billygee2u: 7:39am On Jun 23, 2020
Sirheny007:
It is no surprise.
Igbo men have been attracting envy everywhere they set their foot.
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by ObinnaObinna(m): 8:56am On Jun 23, 2020
Fear Igbo traders o.

I didn't know Igbo people owned almost all these shops. Wow!

The plazas in the picture are at Watt Market and Etim Edim and are always full and packed with people. Even on Sundays you'll see people at Etim Edim.

But now look how empty the place is. Just because Igbo people went on lockdown.

Igbo kwenu!

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by samzyolu: 9:08am On Jun 23, 2020
Balogunodua:

We have been asking you people to show us where the Yorubas in Ladipo claim Igbos are buying their lands but no prove from you audio buyers grin
This is it bro
Yobura traders crying out to Tinubu and LASG to save them
https://twitter.com/TheViralTrendz/status/1272477283064913920?s=19
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Blackking98(m): 10:21am On Jun 23, 2020
Sammy07:

Stop saying thrash and travel out abeq grin

which economy activity
Small two by two na economic activity grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Blackking98(m): 10:23am On Jun 23, 2020
Heistman:
Mumu that small part is the whole Calabar? Una Igbo too mumu
that's etim edem park and that place isn't up to a football field.
Anyway I condemn the act as there's rising insecurity here in Calabar and everyone is feeling the heat so it's not an avenue for one ethnic group to chest beat

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Blackking98(m): 10:26am On Jun 23, 2020
okudave:
90% of shops in calabar metropolis are closed. Not just Igbo owned shops. Stop misleading people with wrong headlines purported to show victimization of igbos. I stay in calabar town just so you know...
grin you mind am?
We in calabar know wetin de sup, efiks,atam and ibibios who own the city are also being kidnapped as insecurity is becoming a problem, yet someone is playing victimization unnecessarily

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Blackking98(m): 10:29am On Jun 23, 2020
Balogunodua:

But the Igbo nations claims Tinubu and Yoruba nation are their problems and they have vow not to develop Biafra untill the entire universe have been developed.... grin

So sir has the eze ndigbo of nairaland cheesy what is your take on this?
Entire universe has been developed? grin
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by okudave(m): 10:49am On Jun 23, 2020
Blackking98:

grin you mind am?
We in calabar know wetin de sup, efiks,atam and ibibios who own the city are also being kidnapped as insecurity is becoming a problem, yet someone is playing victimization unnecessarily
I think this is the first time they are kidnapping an Igbo trader in calabar, they former have been mostly efiks. The timber market close to where I stay is predominantly occupied by ibibios and orons and their market stalls are closed .
It is because of this unscrupulous elements, that the Ibibios and efiks won't support Biafra. Always playing the victim in all situations. Mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Blackking98(m): 10:54am On Jun 23, 2020
okudave:
I think this is the first time they are kidnapping an Igbo trader in calabar, they former have been mostly efiks. The timber market close to where I stay is predominantly occupied by ibibios and orons and their market stalls are closed .
It is because of this unscrupulous elements, that the Ibibios and efiks won't support Biafra. Always playing the victim in all situations. Mtcheww
Yes sometime ago about 3 ibibios were kidnapped at that timber market side sometime ago. Why it's annoying is because the man kidnapped is about 80years old and is asthmatic, his chances of surviving those mad men are slim.
In 2017 around 5pm at old Marian street they kidnapped the owner of the Best house on that street in front of my very eyes although it was still being built then, he's an Efik man, I don't know if you've been there before, those guys are really crazy, Ayade hasn't worked on security since he came in and it's affecting us badly, this isn't the time to play victim or chest beat.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by okudave(m): 11:14am On Jun 23, 2020
Blackking98:

Yes sometime ago about 3 ibibios were kidnapped at that timber market side sometime ago. Why it's annoying is because the man kidnapped is about 80years old and is asthmatic, his chances of surviving those mad men are slim.
In 2017 around 5pm at old Marian street they kidnapped the owner of the Best house on that street in front of my very eyes although it was still being built then, he's an Efik man, I don't know if you've been there before, those guys are really crazy, Ayade hasn't worked on security since he came in and it's affecting us badly, this isn't the time to play victim or chest beat.
Sorry to say but I have seen that Ayade is clueless and wasn't ripe to be governor. Ayade is from the far North of the state and does not know the happenings of the area boys in the south that perpetrate this evil and how to handle them. This boys need to be empowered, I am not talking about making them touts and workers of 100 Marian. I am talking of empowering them in skills like Donald Duke was doing. He was also Using them for most construction works in the state and by that making them responsible. They were a de facto security in their various terrains because they were sure of their daily bread. Now its obvious Liyel Imoke came and initiated a self destruct process which Ayade is spearheading to completion because that one is not an administrator. This is just the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Blackking98(m): 11:21am On Jun 23, 2020
okudave:
Sorry to say but I have seen that Ayade is clueless and wasn't ripe to be governor. Ayade is from the far North of the state and does not know the happenings of the area boys in the south that perpetrate this evil and how to handle them. This boys need to be empowered, I am not talking about making them touts and workers of 100 Marian. I am talking of empowering them in skills like Donald Duke was doing. He was also Using them for most construction works in the state and by that making them responsible. They were a de facto security in their various terrains because they were sure of their daily bread. Now its obvious Liyel Imoke came and initiated a self destruct process which Ayade is spearheading to completion because that one is not an administrator. This is just the beginning.
Yea him being from the far north part of the state also doesn't allow him have a grip on the ruggedity of the southern parts, however he can still do better before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by okudave(m): 11:29am On Jun 23, 2020
Blackking98:

Yea him being from the far north part of the state also doesn't allow him have a grip on the ruggedity of the southern parts, however he can still do better before it's too late.
Except He changes his policies and face reality and stop "shadow-pursuing" unrealistic projects. Unless so, the state will become a shadow of itself. May God just forgive Liyel for putting us through this.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by Morizo(m): 11:41am On Jun 23, 2020
We have deep rooted psychological problems in this country unless we change our sentimental mindsets. Some are already saying indigent people are jealous of the Ibos and others labeling those from the state as lazy. Shame. Kidnapping and Armed robbery is CRS is on the rise due to the ineptitude of the state government. Just last year it was the medical doctors that downed tools due to incessant kidnappings of their colleagues. Before then it was the University of Calabar lecturers that did same. I guess these two groups are Ibos too. Recently paraded kidnappers and cultists by the state police command have 30% of resident Ibo guys in their midst. Crime does not have a tribe neither is hardwork a virtue of any tribe. It's our choices as humans.

I pray that Chief Odinaka and everyone under kidnappers den be released unconditionally. Ayade should wake up to his responsibility as the Chief security officer of the state.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by samzyolu: 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
Balogunodua:

Hahahaha... cheesy

So twitter is now the source of news for Ipob miscreants smh

You people never sieze to amuse me cheesy i asked you to show me the video where you people claim Yorubas said Igbos are buying up their lands, but you are posting twitter fake news where your people were busy parading video where trading are begging Sanwo-Olu not to close the market, but you people including the most intelligent among them are still typing trash just to fill their ego.
Are you sure you watched the video.

If you did, you won't be saying, you won't even be in this thread.

This is so shameful & disgraceful.
I dey even shame for una
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by blissmandate(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
Obio4real:

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2020/06/igbo-traders-dares-criver-government.html
calabar people should chase all iyanmiri OSU out of cross river now. all iyanmiris are criminals.
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by blissmandate(m): 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2020
Sirheny007:
It is no surprise. Igbo men have been attracting envy everywhere they set their foot.
cos they are criminals. iyanmiris are criminals
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by blissmandate(m): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
Sagay212:

The only issue I have is you hateful ipod miscreants that won't leave yorubas out of your foolish.ness. you evil scoundrels are everywhere on social media spreading hate on yoruba people for no reason. Any small thing you must mention Tinubu and yoruba. You cannot be dishing out hate and expect us to smile with you. Una go collect hot hot. If your goat die, na yoruba man cause am. Don't give what you can't take.
iyanmiris are bastard, we must chase them away from our land
Re: Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers by blissmandate(m): 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2020
Sammy07:

Honestly, you shouldn't take whatever you read or do on Nairaland too seriously.
To me, Nairaland is a huge comic relief.

Whenever, I hear that Muric man speaks, that you guys think Muslims are answering to him, You can confirm from Oduduwa Republic page.
Type and search Muric.

Any news article you see from him, check the comments and see how both Muslims and Christians are lambasting him.

We are only doing our things underneath.
iyanmiri think cursing and insulting there father is the best way to go. to iyanmiri OSU if you never insult your father you are not fighting for your freedom. iyanmiris are pathetic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sam Larry: I Gave Mohbad 2M To Perform At My Mum's Burial, He Never Showed Up / What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation / Adama Indimi & Husband Prince Malik Loved Up Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.