Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,866 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. (43529 Views)

Mmesoma Ejikeme Apologises To JAMB / Mmesoma's Father, Romanus Ejikeme Apologises To Nigerians, JAMB / Chidera Dilibe Emerges COOU Best Graduating Student Of Pharmacy With 4.62 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Hotice085: 12:33pm On Jun 24, 2020
Crestedfreak:

Hahaha you think your cohorts can block my account and give you the leverage of talking rubbish behind my back. I am back to give you more hell. Let's run it. Once my slave Always my slave. Akwa ibomites remains my slaves. tongue tongue

My cohorts!
You have always been a SLAVE! I serve whatever ban and still use same identity unlike forever cowards like you
Welcome back ur sponsor must be very proud for a coward that his ashamed of his village.
I take delight in fools like you that don't have identity, that is why you are a true descendant and proud son of slaves.... I de ground, so tell me that useless state you so ashamed of?
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by catherine1998: 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2020
koning:
First black/African man at Oxford = Emeka Ojukwu

First balck man in Eton College = Dilibe Onyeama.

Conclusion = IGBO AMAKA. Putting Nigeria and africa on the map since 1845.

Mod, do the needed. The world need to know.
Also add this, first black man to obtain PHD in computer science @ Oxford= Dr Offia Nwali, from ezzaland in Ebonyi state
We Igbos have always & will always take the lead

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by catherine1998: 1:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

That's not the Eke man..I think this one is Anambrarian
You think, you are not sure, so why saying it, my friend he is not from anambra state
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Bandale: 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2020
catherine1998:

Also add this, first black man to obtain PHD in computer science @ Oxford= Dr Offia Nwali, from ezzaland in Ebonyi state

They don't know
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by catherine1998: 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2020
Bristolmannek:

Where's he from sir?
Enugu state, he is the elder brother of the current Foreign affair minister, Mr Geoffrey Onyeama
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by swiych(m): 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
koning:
First black/African man at Oxford = Emeka Ojukwu

First balck man in Eton College = Dilibe Onyeama.

Conclusion = IGBO AMAKA. Putting Nigeria and africa on the map since 1845.

Mod, do the needed. The world need to know.
Get ur facts right and stop the misinformation, he's not d first black man to attend Eton college
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by wiseoneking: 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hotice085:

Mind ur 4kin bizness we know what we are
that's only when the truth is hard to CRACK. Zone and not region. South south zone and not south south region, and Eastern region and not south east zone. Both zone are under former eastern region. Truth can be bitter but it worth learning only when we humble ourselves without iota of pride. Blessings
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by rapid101(m): 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2020
Masterpiec30:

Otu nne gi there!.

So you know Igbo race is a blessed one since and you were ganging up and throwing insults up and down on Igbos.
Well go fucck yourself biatch!
ode oshi Ve u ever seen me insult any tribe in dis forum. it bastard like u makes dem talk down on d great Igbo tribe
cow like u
don't go and get common sense be here showing ur stupidity up and down
oloshi
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Hotice085: 3:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
wiseoneking:
that's only when the truth is hard to CRACK. Zone and not region. South south zone and not south south region, and Eastern region and not south east zone. Both zone are under former eastern region. Truth can be bitter but it worth learning only when we humble ourselves without iota of pride. Blessings

Let me be honest with you, SE are the least people that like the truth.
To see a rational SE person, one without the KANU mentality is very rare
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Kidakudz5: 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hotice085:

Ordinary a street in Aba you can't save you want to save Africa
Look here Mr Okoro keep this useless joke to ya 4kin self
savage
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by ABOVEDELAW: 5:49am On Jun 25, 2020
HATERS WILL ALWAYS HATE!
Bialegend:
A grand son of a well known slave trader from a family of Biafra saboteurs for that matter, talking about black lives mater? grin grin
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by helpfindbolu: 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by obaaderemi: 10:21pm On Jun 25, 2020
Throwback:

Not so fast clansman.

The 2 statements of yours in bold above are lies. Don't embellish and confuse the facts of 1st black to graduate/complete at Eton as carefully reported in the news with your own revision of 1st black in/at Eton.

Also, Ojukwu came very late to the African party at Oxford. His attendance there is not historic in any way when many other Africans/Nigerians had clinched the glory when even Ojukwu's father was yet to be born.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53062502

https://www.nytimes.com/1964/04/30/archives/first-negro-to-attend-eton-arrives-from-west-nigeria.html

https://www.alamy.com/apr-04-1964-the-first-african-arrives-at-eton-13-year-old-tokunbo-image69409858.html

The first Black student at Eton college was Tokunbo Akintola in April 1964, son of SLA Akintola the then Premier of Western Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQPm0iDhTUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRNOhS1UNPE
(28 Apr 1964) 13-year-old Tokunbo Akintola will be the first Black African boy to attend Eton College. Tokunbo is the son of the Prime Minister of Western Nigeria.

The First Black student at Oxford University was a Creole from Sierra Leone, Christian Cole in 1873.

The first Nigerian to attend Oxford was the first Black woman to attend the School and graduate in 1935, Kofoworola Ademola (nee Moore), the daughter of Eric Olawolu Moore and later wife of Sir Adetokunbo Ademola, the first Nigerian Chief Justice of the Supreme court.

https://womenafrica.com/profiling-the-first-african-woman-to-earn-a-degree-from-oxford-university-in-the-1930s/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

https://www.oxfordstudent.com/2019/03/27/from-lady-ademola-to-carla-peterman-a-history-of-bame-women-at-oxford/

So how does an Ojukwu that graduated from Oxford in 1955, become the first Black/African at Oxford?

When Kofoworola Ademola graduated from Oxford in 1935, the barely 2yr old Ojukwu was still learning how to walk.

This must be IPOB Bureau of Statistics as usual.

These Yoruba's are something else! Always beating the igbos to the 'firsts' tags.
Meanwhile, see that man's agbada in the last picture. So classy.

1 Like

Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by obaaderemi: 10:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
catherine1998:

grin Funny people.
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by obaaderemi: 10:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
oyatz:
Beyond tribal issues, there's one thing I notice from this story and similar stories which I think we should be discussing;

Most Nigerians who studied in the best British or American Schools don't necessarily become the most successful Nigerians in their chosen career or in life generally.
They seems not necessarily more successful than Nigerians who schooled at Government College, Umuahia or Ilesha Grammar School.

Does anyone has explanations for this observation?
The ones who had their secondary school education here are more well grounded than the ones who schooled abroad and must have experienced a sort of disconnection from their background in their formative years. The local ones understand the system better and thus can make better applications of their study and time here.
An Igbo proverb says: if you want to know about the ground,ask the squirrel he lives there.
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by oyatz(m): 10:45pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hmn,

How many Harvard or Cambridge returnee Nigerian author succeed like Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, JP Clark, Prof Ake Claude, T.M Aluko.

In the Banking sector, Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia, Fola Adeola, Tayo Aderinokun are locally trained.

obaaderemi:
The ones who had their secondary school education here are more well grounded than the ones who schooled abroad and must have experienced a sort of disconnection from their background in their formative years. The local ones understand the system better and thus can make better applications of their study and time here.
An Igbo proverb says: if you want to know about the ground,ask the squirrel he lives there.
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by wiseoneking: 12:49am On Jun 26, 2020
Hotice085:

Mind ur 4kin bizness we know what we are
lol
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 27, 2020
Throwback:

Was Ademoyega responsible for any of the deaths? Was Ademoyega responsible for the Killing of Non-Igbo politicians while the Igbo Premier of the Eastern Region had the luxury of hosting the murderous Ifeajuna and left the meeting alive when Ifeajuna did not leave any of his targets alive in Lagos?

Is Nwobosi that killed SLA Akintola not Igbo?

my brother stop beating round the bush. Ademoyega was part of the coup plotter he was also part of the soldiers that went to SLA's house.
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 27, 2020
Hotice085:

Let me be honest with you, SE are the least people that like the truth.
To see a rational SE person, one without the KANU mentality is very rare

You just wake up generalize a whole region. you are no different from a racist
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 27, 2020
Throwback:

Was Ademoyega responsible for any of the deaths? Was Ademoyega responsible for the Killing of Non-Igbo politicians while the Igbo Premier of the Eastern Region had the luxury of hosting the murderous Ifeajuna and left the meeting alive when Ifeajuna did not leave any of his targets alive in Lagos?

Is Nwobosi that killed SLA Akintola not Igbo?

Another lie again ifeajuna was smuggled through seme to Ghana where he was hosted by Nkurumah. he didn't go to Eastern region and was never hosted by the premier
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Vicrown(m): 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
While the country is making efforts to accommodate diversity, some individuals and organisations have remained obstinate. In this video I share some of my ugly experiences as a black international student.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4LRffy4kwM
Re: Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. by Kobicove(m): 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2023
Braw:
Ancestors made them proud, just as their children are globally making them proud today. It is in their blood, no wonder they alway chest-beat

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Many Of You Remember Writing This On Your Notebooks? / Kogi State University Watching Basketball Match- See Photo / How Student Read These Days (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.