Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection (5563 Views)

Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix / What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? / Have You Truly Bèen Born Of Water And Spirit ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by hoopernikao: 11:50am On Jul 04, 2020
Myer:

lol what then is the work of faith if it is not in the result that the faith produces?

Abraham had faith in the promise that he would be the father of many nations. Could the faith have been justified if he never gave birth to Isaac and Ishmael?
The place of faith never negates results. Which is what James was also alluding to. How can you claim you have faith and we are not seeing the works, the results that faith produces viz the fruit and gifts of the spirit etc.

It's simply denial not to admit that the Faith of Christians in Nigeria and the world at large has failed to produce the works (results) it is meant to.

Abraham faith justified by having Isaac? grin

Chairmannnnn.

Read the below again from your bible.

Roman's 4:3
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Counted for righteousness there is the word for justification Sir.

Abraham faith is not seen in having Isaac, but Abraham faith is seen in offering Isaac. Check again. Abraham work of faith is the action he took to offer Isaac even when the promise says in his seed shall all nation be blessed.

That singular action of his ready to offer that seed (that the promise clinged), yet believing God that he can still fulfil the promise is the work of faith.

If Apostle James find you, he will first give you a good knock for reading him wrongly.

James work of faith is your actions of faith not result.

A brother in need comes to you and all you say is "have faith, God will bless you", That faith must first be demonstrated in you that you trust God. How will you demonstrate that? By releasing the little money on you to support him even though that can create lack on your end.

That action is what shows that you truly believe in God as your support and provider. So what James is saying is when you truly trust God, you will walk/work in it by your actions. This is not about result o.

When you claim you have faith, your line of actions must align with that. That is how faith is affirmed and seen. That is what Abraham did.

For example when you say you trust God for everything, we must see it in your actions. That means when I have any issues my first call and contact is to pray to God (prayer means communicate it with God) not starting up from strategy or connection. Those will be secondary as better direction will come.

That action of seeing God first in your challenges is the evidence of your trust and faith in him.

You need to get this o, so that your fight with Bro James will be minimal.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Myer(m): 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
hoopernikao:

Abraham faith justified by having Isaac? grin

Chairmannnnn.

Read the below again from your bible.

Roman's 4:3
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Counted for righteousness there is the word for justification Sir.

Abraham faith is not seen in having Isaac, but Abraham faith is seen in offering Isaac. Check again. Abraham work of faith is the action he took to offer Isaac even when the promise says in his seed shall all nation be blessed.

That singular action of his ready to offer that seed (that the promise clinged), yet believing God that he can still fulfil the promise is the work of faith.

If Apostle James find you, he will first give you a good knock for reading him wrongly.

James work of faith is your actions of faith not result.

A brother in need comes to you and all you say is "have faith, God will bless you", That faith must first be demonstrated in you that you trust God. How will you demonstrate that? By releasing the little money on you to support him even though that can create lack on your end.

That action is what shows that you truly believe in God as your support and provider. So what James is saying is when you truly trust God, you will walk/work in it by your actions. This is not about result o.

When you claim you have faith, your line of actions must align with that. That is how faith is affirmed and seen. That is what Abraham did.

For example when you say you trust God for everything, we must see it in your actions. That means when I have any issues my first call and contact is to pray to God (prayer means communicate it with God) not starting up from strategy or connection. Those will be secondary as better direction will come.

That action of seeing God first in your challenges is the evidence of your trust and faith in him.

You need to get this o, so that your fight with Bro James will be minimal.

You're beginning to sound like Maximus69, twisting not only scriptures but also people's comments to your own meaning.

Now let me reiterate, Abraham's Faith yielded result.

This is not in response to Romans 4:3. His Faith in God counting as righteousness is before God, not men.

His Faith in God yielding the promises of God viz his children Isaac and Ishmael that would become nations, is the result that justifies his Faith.

I don't see the complication in comprehension here.

Faith is justified by its works, how is this an issue to argue?

I am a Christian, I should bear the fruits of Christ, and manifests the gifts of the Holy spirit.

My life should be witness of Christ. That is simply what you're arguing about, you realize that right?
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Acehart: 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
Myer:

lol what then is the work of faith if it is not in the result that the faith produces?

Abraham had faith in the promise that he would be the father of many nations. Could the faith have been justified if he never gave birth to Isaac and Ishmael?
The place of faith never negates results. Which is what James was also alluding to. How can you claim you have faith and we are not seeing the works, the results that faith produces viz the fruit and gifts of the spirit etc.

It's simply denial not to admit that the Faith of Christians in Nigeria and the world at large has failed to produce the works (results) it is meant to.

Abraham’s faith was recorded that he believed God and righteousness was imputed to him; what did he believe? He believed in God’s voice - in the promise of His fatherhood of nations. Yet, he doubted: when he ask that his servant become his heir, and when he knew Hagar, and when he laughed at God’s promise a year before his son of promise, Isaac. Isaac means “laugh” or “laugh of doubt”. It is the laughter Sarah had in doubt when the messengers announced Isaac’s arrival; the laughter of doubt Abraham had when at 99 years old, God told him his 90 years wife will soon be pregnant with son (Genesis 17:17).

Abraham was not justified by Isaac’s arrival; rather it was God who was justified: so that you may be justified in your words (Psalm 51:4).

In James’ exhortation, the works of faith (or the faithful) were his focus; he was not talking about the faith that leads to salvation. Paraphrasing his words, he said: If you have been to the Cross of Christ, you will have to show the evidence that you have been there. Faith has results; if there is no result, then there was no faith - In this I agree with you. If one claims to have faith and there is no result, faith was never established. On the other hand, does result validate faith? If the result doesn’t endure, then it is invalid. (Mark 13:13); If it endures, it is not a validation of one’s faith, rather, it is a validation of God’s character (Psalms 89:38).

Looking the results of faith (of Christians In Nigeria and the world) in the short term is deceptive; however, when you view those short term results with the eyes of the scripture, you can tell whether those results will endure till the end.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by hoopernikao: 4:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
Myer:

You're beginning to sound like Maximus69, twisting not only scriptures but also people's comments to your own meaning.

Now let me reiterate, Abraham's Faith yielded result.

This is not in response to Romans 4:3. His Faith in God counting as righteousness is before God, not men.

His Faith in God yielding the promises of God viz his children Isaac and Ishmael that would become nations, is the result that justifies his Faith.

I don't see the complication in comprehension here.

Faith is justified by its works, how is this an issue to argue?

I am a Christian, I should bear the fruits of Christ, and manifests the gifts of the Holy spirit.

My life should be witness of Christ. That is simply what you're arguing about, you realize that right?

You are actually complicating the scriptures.
Result cannot nor will ever validate faith.

But since you want us to discuss this well. I can you show me text of scriptures that proved faith is justified by result. I await you.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Appleyard(m): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
madegreatbygrace:
quote author=Kobojunkie post=91003917Following your explanation above of the use of the Greek word 'kai', am I to conclude that everywhere else the word 'kai' is used, I can simply ignore the word following the conjunction in the English translation?
For instance, .

should instead read....
As we can see, water and Spirit are not considered the same here, as the Spirit is said to testify to Jesus Christ's coming, where the water does not seem to have that power to do the same.
undecided undecided undecided

Oh, I understand. It's not in all cases that you ignore the word following anywhere the word "kai" is used. Generally, context, common sense, structural hint, and an overall sense of scripture and author's intent are the best guides. In the verse you quoted above, water and blood are not one and the same. The water refers to the Jesus's divinity or his "begotteness" while blood refers to his humanity or being born of a woman.

I'll explain further in the coming days. Hope this helps.

The problem with people is trying to interpret God's word to suit their understanding according to the laws of English.. Why not just take the words as they are and grasp the intent instead of trying to please our understanding in line with lexical construction.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
Appleyard:

The problem with people is trying to interpret God's word to suit their understanding according to the laws of English.. Why not just take the words as they are and grasp the intent instead of trying to please our understanding in line with lexical construction.
Me? undecided
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Myer(m): 9:53am On Jul 05, 2020
hoopernikao:

You are actually complicating the scriptures.
Result cannot nor will ever validate faith.

But since you want us to discuss this well. I can you show me text of scriptures that proved faith is justified by result. I await you.

Faith is justified by works. (Results) James 2: 14-26

This is analogous to the verse which says Wisdom is justified by her children. (Results) Matthew 11:19 Luke 7:35

How can you say you are an expert in a field yet you can't perform in that field?

I expected this from Maximus69 not you.

But like a yoruba a adage aptly put it, "tewe ba pe lara rose aa d'ose."
You've been arguing with him so long you're beginning to sound like him.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by hoopernikao: 9:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
Myer:

This is analogous to the verse which says Wisdom is justified by her children. (Results) Matthew 11:19 Luke 7:35

How can you say you are an expert in a field yet you can't perform in that field?

grin

Save yourself from proper beating from Bro James when you meet in the last days, go and read him again and properly. No single place in the bible where faith is justified or preached as justified by results. Does faith has works? Yes, Is the work speaking about result? Not at all.

You are speaking from point of view of man in the flesh. Man in Christ as taught by the scriptures, his faith must be driving by work of faith not result.

Jesus taught faith as this, when the centurion told him "you don't need to come to my house, just speak your word... ".

Jesus called it a great faith, and justified his faith. Why? Is it because he has seen result? No. His walk and work of faith is that act of putting to action what is in his heart. He didn't just believe, his words are his works. DONT COME, JUST SPEAK.

Matthew 8:8-13
9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

This will be contrary to a man who claim I believe, yet still crying that you must come now now or the little girl will die. That is the simplest way I can explain work if faith for you for now.

Hebrews 11 taught faith as such:
Non of them received the promise.

Hebrews 11:39
39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

So none have the result, yet their faith were justified, why? There work/walk if faith is independent of result.

I will say this emphatically again, go and read James well to avoid been beaten up by an Apostle grin
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by hoopernikao: 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
Myer:

I have also given you below NIV translation of James 2 to you.

Notice that the word works means deeds. That is actions carried out not results.

James 2:13-25

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[a]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[b] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead

Read it properly.

See the example he gave you about Abraham, it's contradictory to what you said earlier. Abraham works/deeds is seen in offering Isaac who is by human mind supposed to be the one to make the promise of God fulfilled. But he chose to kill him even yet believing God is able.

Please read to well.

Should faith has results? Of cause, that is the reason for faith. But is faith justified by results? Not at all. Is work of faith same as results? Not at all Sir.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Kobojunkie: 6:08am On Jul 08, 2020
madegreatbygrace:
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭4:23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The above is also often misapplied.
Should one worship God in both Spirit and truth?
Or should one worship God in Spirit only?
Applying this rule, Jesus was basically saying to the woman at the well that, " God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit which is the truth (reality)."
This is even clearer when we consider context.
The woman had a wrong mindset of what worship should be.
Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”
‭‭John‬ ‭4:20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

According to her, the acceptability of worship is dependent on location. The real worshipper is the one that worships in a certain place- on this mountain.
Here comes the refutal :
Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.”
‭‭John‬ ‭4:21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

That's nicely put, eh?
So the time is coming- as a matter of fact, it has come- when what you're called will not matter and where you go to worship will not matter.
Then the bombshell:
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭4:23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Notice the "true worshippers". He gave a definition- those that worship God in Spirit.
Then for the sake of emphasis, He repeats Himself, " those that worship the Father in Spirit are the real worshippers- they worship in truth.
I think you are wrong!
madegreatbygrace:
Mr. Op, are you now saying worship in the old testament was fake and unacceptable.
Not really.
Worship in the old testament was a shadow of what is obtainable under the new covenant because it was based on the old testament laws. It was indeed faulty and had to be jettisoned.
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭8:7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

For God's utmost desire was for the temple to dwell in man.
So here, the truth explains the Spirit.
Couldn't "Truth" refer here to New Covenant that is Jesus Christ, and "Spirit" refer to the Spirit of God that lives inside of those subscribed to the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ?
Here Worship could in fact refer to service / love/ obedience - that which is carried out to please God. Now, to worship God, one needs to have available the Truth(the commandments to the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ who is the Truth of God) and the Spirit of God to lead one through the carrying out of these commandments. Without one or the other, such worship is said to be meaningless/against the Will of God - Unworthy worship/filthy rags so to speak! undecided
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Kobojunkie: 6:12am On Jul 08, 2020
madegreatbygrace:
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
“Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’”
‭‭The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.””
‭‭John‬ ‭3:3-8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

In the Lord’s discuss with Nicodemus, there’s a vital point that must not be overlooked- the number of times Jesus used Spirit compared with the number of times He used water .

Spirit appears three times as against water appearing once!

He never used water again after verse 5.

This is highly significant- The Spirit is the reality and water is just a shadow. He's saying the water is just an explanation for the Spirit. Once He made that point, He knew it was unnecessary to repeat it again.

Water is not required for the new birth. The water doesn't refer to water baptism as some have erroneously preached or taught. Water baptism doesn't lead to salvation.

For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body— whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭12:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism;”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:4-5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

And that baptism is by the Spirit and by the Spirit only.

Some have also claimed that the water in John 3:5 refers to the word of God quoting 1 Peter 1:23

having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,”
‭‭I Peter‬ ‭1:23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

This is fraudulent and illogical, as the word of God here refers to the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. A man becomes born again when he hears the Gospel which is the word of God.

Once again, and for the sake of emphasis, the water in the third verse of John 3 is the Holy Spirit.

You were saying about the water?

Ezekiel 36 vs 24-30 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. “I will take you out of those nations, gather you together, and bring you back to your own land.
25. Then I will sprinkle pure water on you and make you pure. I will wash away all your filth, the filth from those nasty idols, and I will make you pure.
26. I will also put a new spirit in you to change your way of thinking. I will take out the heart of stone from your body and give you a tender, human heart.
27. I will put my Spirit inside you[c] and change you so that you will obey my laws. You will carefully obey my commands.
28. Then you will live in the land that I gave to your ancestors. You will be my people, and I will be your God.
29. Also, I will save you and keep you from becoming unclean. I will command the grain to grow. I will not bring a famine against you. 30. I will give you large crops of fruit from your trees and the harvest from your fields so that you will never again feel the shame of being hungry in a foreign country.
31. You will remember the bad things you did. You will remember that those things were not good. Then you will hate yourselves because of your sins and the terrible things you did.”
It seems water does hold some significance even when Spirit is concerned, don't you think? undecided
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by madegreatbygrace(m): 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
[
quote author=Kobojunkie post=91494592]
You were saying about the water?

It seems water does hold some significance even when Spirit is concerned, don't you think? undecided

This text in Ezekiel still affirms my point. The water in verse 25 is an allegory. The reality is in verses 25 and 26.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2020
madegreatbygrace:
This text in Ezekiel still affirms my point. The water in verse 25 is an allegory. The reality is in verses 25 and 26.
The water is allegorical? Are you suggesting that the baptisms carried out by John the Baptist, using water mind you, were really unnecessary? undecided
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by madegreatbygrace(m): 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
quote author=Kobojunkie post=91520057] The water is allegorical? Are you suggesting that the baptisms carried out by John the Baptist, using water mind you, were really unnecessary? undecided

Nothing in my post suggests that the baptism of John was unnecessary. Nevertheless, Its significance was to reveal the Messiah to John and then Israel, and also served as a typology of the new birth.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Kobojunkie: 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
madegreatbygrace:

Nothing in my post suggests that the baptism of John was unnecessary. Nevertheless, Its significance was to reveal the Messiah to John and then Israel, and also served as a typology of the new birth.
so how did you arrive at the water mentioned even in Ezekiel being allegorical? I am trying to get a peak into your mind here is what.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by madegreatbygrace(m): 12:04am On Jul 09, 2020
So how did you arrive at the water mentioned even in Ezekiel being allegorical? I am trying to get a peak into your mind here is what.

Whenever you see an impossibility in the Bible, a figure of speech is always intended.

As an illustration, consider what Jesus says here:

“If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Surely, no one in their right mind will take the Lord's recommendation literally here, for it will be against His character to advise anyone to pluck out their eyes because of sin. So it's an impossible statement. It is an impossible statement, then it must be figurative.

Likewise, in Ezekiel 36:25,

“Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.”
‭‭

We know that clean water can not cleanse anyone from sin or filthiness; Only the blood of Jesus does that. This is also an impossible statement and so a figure of speech is intended.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Kobojunkie: 12:14am On Jul 09, 2020
madegreatbygrace:
Whenever you see an impossibility in the Bible, a figure of speech is always intended.
An impossibility in the Bible is a figure of speech?
madegreatbygrace:
As an illustration, consider what Jesus says here:
“If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Surely, no one in their right mind will take the Lord's recommendation literally here, for it will be against His character to advise anyone to pluck out their eyes because of sin. So it's an impossible statement. It is an impossible statement, then it must be figurative.
No one? undecided
Are you serious about that? undecided
I remember reading of monks inflicting such punishments on themselves back during the dark ages of the Church mind you.undecided
Of course, there were those who chose flagellation over self-mutilationundecided
madegreatbygrace:
Likewise, in Ezekiel 36:25, “Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.”
We know that clean water can not cleanse anyone from sin or filthiness; Only the blood of Jesus does that. This is also an impossible statement and so a figure of speech is intended.
Really? undecided
So then it makes sense to conclude that what John the Baptist did was meaningless? undecided
Remember, He preached repentance and the Baptism was a sign of that repentance- a cleansing of sorts from sin and filthyness undecided
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by madegreatbygrace(m): 12:24am On Jul 09, 2020
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=91525894] An impossibility in the Bible is a figure of speech?
No one? undecided
Are you serious about that? undecided
I remember reading of monks inflicting such punishments on themselves back during the dark ages of the Church mind you.undecided
Of course, there were those who choose flagellation over mutilationundecided
Really? undecided
So then it makes sense to conclude that what John the Baptist did was meaningless? undecided
Remember, He preached repentance and the Baptism was a sign of that repentance- a cleansing of sorts from sin and filthyness undecided

Just listen to yourself. Is Jesus Christ a monk?
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Kobojunkie: 12:28am On Jul 09, 2020
madegreatbygrace:
Just listen to yourself. Is Jesus Christ a monk?
His commandments are for all those who choose to become His followers, is that not correct? And the catholic monks were said to be Jesus Christ's followers. So? undecided
What you think is impossible is not truly impossible as there is documentation to suggest that many in fact believed He was being literal. I believe He was being literal as well...undecided
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by madegreatbygrace(m): 11:15am On May 30, 2021
“And that water is a picture of baptism, which now saves you, not by removing dirt from your body, but as a response to God from a clean conscience. It is effective because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭3:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Water baptism is a picture of immersion into the body of Christ. It’s baptism into this body that saves a man. Water baptism doesn’t save, nor does it change our standing or position in Christ. It was practiced so as to teach sense ruled individuals the significance of the new birth.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On May 30, 2021
madegreatbygrace:
“And that water is a picture of baptism, which now saves you, not by removing dirt from your body, but as a response to God from a clean conscience. It is effective because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭3:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Water baptism is a picture of immersion into the body of Christ. It’s baptism into this body that saves a man. Water baptism doesn’t save, nor does it change our standing or position in Christ. It was practiced so as to teach sense ruled individuals the significance of the new birth.
Not according to God, it is not ! Again, Ezekiel 36 vs 24 - 28 reveals that there is a separation between being born of water and being born of Spirit, both of them part of the plan. undecided

Baptism into this body happens when you are physically born... and this according to Jesus Christ in John 3 vs 1 - 21, and there is no Salvation attached to being born in this body. undecided

According to John the Baptist, water baptism is required as a mark revealing one has changed heart and life in obedience to the commandments of God . Matthew 3 vs 7- 11. Your claim that water baptism is done to teach individuals the significance of new birth makes no meaning at all. undecided
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by madegreatbygrace(m): 6:57pm On May 30, 2021
quote author=Kobojunkie post=102202983] Not according to God, it is not ! Again, Ezekiel 36 vs 24 - 28 reveals that there is a separation between being born of water and being born of Spirit, both of them part of the plan. undecided

Baptism into this body happens when you are physically born... and this according to Jesus Christ in John 3 vs 1 - 21, and there is no Salvation attached to being born in this body. undecided

According to John the Baptist, water baptism is required as a mark revealing one has changed heart and life in obedience to the commandments of God . Matthew 3 vs 7- 11. Your claim that water baptism is done to teach individuals the significance of new birth makes no meaning at all. undecided

Normally I wouldn’t reply to you. The problem with you is that you think you know and to be candid, you know nothing. I usually avoid people like you on NL because there’s nothing meaningful or edifying in your post.

What’s more, your insincerity is incomparable. You believe in the teachings of John the Baptist yet you don’t believe in the teachings of Paul.

Such hypocrisy!

I’ll advise you leave NL for a while. Take a long break, read the Bible from Genesis to revelation so as to receive a lot of revelations. You have so much to learn , but you can only receive with a humble heart.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On May 30, 2021
madegreatbygrace:

Normally I wouldn’t reply to you. The problem with you is that you think you know and to be candid, you know nothing. I usually avoid people like you on NL because there’s nothing meaningful or edifying in your post.

What’s more, your insincerity is incomparable. You believe in the teachings of John the Baptist yet you don’t believe in the teachings of Paul.

Such hypocrisy!

I’ll advise you leave NL for a while. Take a long break, read the Bible from Genesis to revelation so as to receive a lot of revelations. You have so much to learn , but you can only receive with a humble heart.
I believe in teachings Backed by the Word of God - that which is attributed to God Himself. And it happens that in this case, what John the Baptist taught is Backed by God's Word in Ezekiel 36 and by Jesus Christ's own teachings - Repent for the Kingdom of God is here and be baptized. This isn't rocket science people..... undecided
Again...
Kobojunkie:
Not according to God, it is not ! Again, Ezekiel 36 vs 24 - 28 reveals that there is a separation between being born of water and being born of Spirit, both of them part of the plan. undecided

Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by madegreatbygrace(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2021
[/quote][quote]quote author=Kobojunkie post=102205349] I believe in teachings Backed by the Word of God - that which is attributed to God Himself. And it happens that in this case, what John the Baptist taught is Backed by God's Word in Ezekiel 36 and by Jesus Christ's own teachings - Repent for the Kingdom of God is here and be baptized. This isn't rocket science people..... undecided
Again...

Can you see you’re a juvenile when it comes to Bible interpretation?

Who was Jesus talking to when He said repent and be baptized ?
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On May 30, 2021
madegreatbygrace:

Can you see you’re a juvenile when it comes to Bible interpretation?

Who was Jesus talking to when He said repent and be baptized ?
Where do you get this notion that you need to interpret that which is presented you in human language ? All you need is basic comprehension skills...same skills you would use in understanding every day spoken language. undecided

It does not matter here who Jesus Christ when He called for them to repent and be baptized was speaking to, what matters is that Jesus Christ corroborated John the Baptists message that we repent and be baptized of water. undecided
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by madegreatbygrace(m): 10:00pm On May 30, 2021
quote author=Kobojunkie post=102207425] Where do you get this notion that you need to interpret that which is presented you in human language ? All you need is basic comprehension skills...same skills you would use in understanding every day spoken language. undecided

It does not matter here who Jesus Christ when He called for them to repent and be baptized was speaking to, .

I can now see that you’re a Bible illiterate. The Bible addresses three groups of people.

1. Unbelievers
2. Jews
3. The church

Therefore, what is applicable to the church may not be applicable to the Jews, and what is applicable to unbelievers may not be applicable to the Church. This is a fundamental law of Bible interpretation. If you don’t understand basic principles, how then will you understand the mystery of Christ.

It does not matter?

It does matter whom Christ Jesus is speaking to.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by madegreatbygrace(m): 10:04pm On May 30, 2021
quote author=Kobojunkie post=102207425

we repent and be baptized of water.

Who are the “ we “ ?
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On May 30, 2021
madegreatbygrace:
I can now see that you’re a Bible illiterate. The Bible addresses three groups of people.

1. Unbelievers
2. Jews
3. The church

Therefore, what is applicable to the church may not be applicable to the Jews, and what is applicable to unbelievers may not be applicable to the Church. This is a fundamental law of Bible interpretation. If you don’t understand basic principles, how then will you understand the mystery of Christ.
It does not matter?
It does matter whom Christ Jesus is speaking to
Sure I may be an illiterate, but I at least know one thing that you don't seem to realize and that being that Jesus Christ's teachings is addressed to one group and one group alone.... His only Church. All other churches and groups you form for yourselves are not considered. undecided

Jesus Christ , God's Law, is an agreement between God and individuals, and according to His teachings, the very same laws apply to all who belong to Him regardless of status, race, creed, gender, age, etc... in His Kingdom, there exists no such divisions. undecided

Your so-called fundamental laws of "Bible interpretation" apply only to those who adopt the doctrines and traditions of men in place of the Truth of God as revealed by Jesus Christ. If you didn't even know that to begin with, what is the meaning of your claim to be of God? undecided
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On May 30, 2021
madegreatbygrace:

Who are the “ we “ ?
I am not certain where that comes from. Is that a typo of some sort? undecided
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by madegreatbygrace(m): 3:31am On May 31, 2021
quote author=Kobojunkie post=102211189] Sure I may be an illiterate, but I at least know one thing that you don't seem to realize and that being that Jesus Christ's teachings is addressed to one group and one group alone.... His only Church. All other churches and groups you form for yourselves are not considered. undecided

Jesus Christ , God's Law, is an agreement between God and individuals, and according to His teachings, the very same laws apply to all who belong to Him regardless of status, race, creed, gender, age, etc... in His Kingdom, there exists no such divisions. undecided

Your so-called fundamental laws of "Bible interpretation" apply only to those who adopt the doctrines and traditions of men in place of the Truth of God as revealed by Jesus Christ. If you didn't even know that to begin with, what is the meaning of your claim to be of God? undecided[

You’re not worth my precious time.
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by Kobojunkie: 3:44am On May 31, 2021
madegreatbygrace:
You’re not worth my precious time.
Well, this is not a question of "worth" for me. You see, I am simply carrying out my duty as a follower of Jesus Christ, which is to speak His Truth no matter what. undecided
Re: Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection by madegreatbygrace(m): 6:41pm On Jun 02, 2021
quote author=Kobojunkie post=W102214201] Well, this is not a question of "worth" for me. You see, I am simply carrying out my duty as a follower of Jesus Christ, which is to speak His Truth no matter what.

His truth grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of / Many Lies Of Redeem's Adeboye For 2016 / Can A Christian Do Plastic Surgery For Beauty Enhancement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.