Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs (56291 Views)

20 Generals May Go As Buhari Replaces Buratai, Service Chiefs / Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters / Victoria, Wife Of Lance Corporal Martins Arrested For Granting Media Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by afecgivers: 11:39am On Jun 24, 2020
Painting what we already knew in different colours. Guy burutai is in fraternity with the president, you could have wait a little or resign if you must talk. There was a soldier friend of mine that forwarded some secret to me that I should help push it to social media. I laugh in Chinese, I told him its true I operate an NGO, but I'm not a journalist neither I'm a human right activist. Starting a battle you know there won't be 50/50 chances is foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by LEOSZ(m): 11:41am On Jun 24, 2020
Hmmm can't talk on this tho.pray dry release him sha

Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by tunmedies(m): 11:42am On Jun 24, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

His

Yoruba boy at war with the letter H grin cheesy
We understood d message anyway. Besides he's not writing WAEC or NECO.

2 Likes

Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by Larryallfather(m): 11:43am On Jun 24, 2020
Mehn!
It's only in Nigeria you get arrested for speaking the truth.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by anthropizzy(m): 11:44am On Jun 24, 2020
Shame on those who ordered his arrest.They are flexing muscles on easy prey. Why can't they go and prey on boko haram, banditry, ISWAP ETC.

BUNCHB OF MISERABLE PEOPLE. He is saying the truth. The day that we all stand up for what is right that is when Nigeria will get better.
I SALUTE HIS COURAGE. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by karo93: 11:45am On Jun 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
I told you all yesterday and you all were insulting me.
I have realized that most people here on Nairaland are kids
I know they are going to arrest this Moda fuckkker

You don't take videos and use social media to draw the worlds attention to our problems and insult the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen Tukur Buratai
It is going to affect Nigerians on the long run it is going to affect the morale, the confidence, the enthusiasm and discipline of other officers. It affects the espirit de corp of other officers,
It violates the "chain of command”

Like i said
Soldiers should refrain from coming out on social media to complain. They are not supposed to be doing that
Even if they have to do it then they should use the suggestion -cum- grievances boxes
For all those still quoting me
Let me tell you a secret
Na two people dey always dey important in a country. Na these two people every other citizen dey look up to. And this people are the generallisimo ( president) and the army
No matter what this two people can't insult their nation

The man was willing to sacrifice himself just so the truth gets out. We owe him our gratitude and need more nigerians like him.

If we had one such senator he will fight for reduced cost of governance even if it costs him his seat and life.

If we had one such EFCC chairman he will prosecute even leaders of the ruling party for corruption even though it costs him his job and career.

We need more people like him not the usual nigerians who say You will loose your life, your family will suffer if you say this or fight for that.

To be fair he can either die on the battle field or die in detention. His options are clear and he has chosen one.

1 Like

Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by ymstar(m): 11:46am On Jun 24, 2020
uche393:
if he resigns they can still set him up and imprison him
For what please?
For resigning?
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by ProfAmaben(m): 11:48am On Jun 24, 2020
izibili44:
I love is courage. But he should have consider is family. Nigerian will soon forget about him. Nigeria is a country were you should know that it is every man for himself. God for all.
That is why we can never move forward as a nation. Nobody wanna sacrifice, everybody wants to enjoy.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by izibili44: 11:54am On Jun 24, 2020
SenatorBright:

Your opinion sound reasonable but you definitely need a copy of bright grammar. "His" is different from "Is"
Thank you
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by Chuzoetoh(m): 11:55am On Jun 24, 2020
karo93:

The man was willing to sacrifice himself just so the truth gets out. We owe him our gratitude and need more nigerians like him.

If we had one such senator he will fight for reduced cost of governance even if it costs him his seat and life.

If we had one such EFCC chairman he will prosecute even leaders of the ruling party for corruption even though it costs him his job and career.

We need more people like him not the usual nigerians who say You will loose your life, your family will suffer if you say this or fight for that.

To be fair he can either die on the battle field or die in detention. His options are clear and he has chosen one.

sense full ur head bro. Don't mind dis kid always shouting "damn niggar", the guy always show himself as a yahoo boy not having d sense to know DAT security people might be online as nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 24, 2020
This is all working for Sahara Reporters.
I have a feeling the soldier worked with Sahara Reporters on this. They have basically induced the soldier to project dissent in the chain of command knowing he will be arrested for them to report "intolerance" by the top officers.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by MedicH: 11:58am On Jun 24, 2020
What's wrong with covering your face to make ur video eeh. This guy no get sense fit be mallam self. Now they go use u do scape goat, and buhari and go fry your testicles for breakfast. Nonsense and soldier
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by ymstar(m): 11:59am On Jun 24, 2020
afecgivers:
Painting what we already knew in different colours. Guy burutai is in fraternity with the president, you could have wait a little or resign if you must talk. There was a soldier friend of mine that forwarded some secret to me that I should help push it to social media. I laugh in Chinese, I told him its true I operate an NGO, but I'm not a journalist neither I'm a human right activist. Starting a battle you know there won't be 50/50 chances is foolishness.
Please, can I DM u to know about this?
because av been hearing about dis dirty stuff, but I find it difficult to believe.

There was a time a soldier friend to my dad told him that: "u will get to a certain level in the military and u would be offer some things"....
U know what I mean nah?
He said whether u like it or not, u dare not collect it, otherwise u would have to stepdown from the rank
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by obama30: 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
solomorinho:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/23/breaking-nigerian-soldier-arrested-after-making-video-saying-buratai-service-chiefs-have

A man who fight and runs away fight another day, he should have run away from Nigerian and then make the video and from there he fine he's green pasture in another African country. Life don't have duplicate and Nigeria is not worth dieing for. Buratai should have proved the man wrong by working better than what the man accused. instead he make ours believe that the man is right
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by Nairalandmonika: 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
kikero:

If it was that easy, the British army would have thrashed the IRA in the 1970s and 80s.

The Soviets and Americans would have long since beaten the Afghan Mujahideen and the Taliban and alqaeda a long time ago.

Unconventional warfare. If you don't lose, you win
Is America fighting Taliban and alqaeda in American soil ?
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by ogbonti: 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2020
tobechi74:
It is wrong for a soldier to to so. a soldier has no right........that is y I pity them. you must obey orders.if you are given a toygun to go for we,u must obey without complain .

please excuse me - obey ? did you hear where he said respect, integrity and loyalty is reciprocal according to the Army constitution?

do you know that desertion on the military is punishable by death or in some cases lengthy prison time? so you are given a gun with no ammo and you are out before Boko Haram - you shouldn’t cry out because of some military law that says you must not complain?

put yourself in his shoes - won’t u what he did if your life is threatened? This man has my respect and once i have his contacts, i will open page for funding for him and this hero who dares to speak up must not be allowed to die

In America - soldiers can testify against the president in congress if something ain’t right - it is called “whistleblower protection” and the animals who call themselves citizens and rulers in Nigeria think that is insubordination and yet they wonder why the country is going to hell

1 Like

Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by Troothot: 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2020
For real the soldier is good, he has brain.

This guy's balls are so heavy how does he walk?
His balls should be examined after his death
[/quote]
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Is America fighting Taliban and alqaeda in American soil ?
But they have control of the skies and the air.

Plus you dodged the British example.

Then if it was as easy as you think, the Spanish army would have thrashed the Basque ETA. The Indonesian army would have not needed the 2004 tsunami to beat the Aceh separatists, and the Colombians won't have needed 40 years to force the FARC to terms.

I'm not excusing the NA. I'm just pointing out that the war in the NE is a different kind of war.

If you don't lose, you win
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by Lamasta(m): 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2020
Doing the right thing on a wrong platform He should have just allowed a civilian do it or He himself cover his face and do it that would have been better but as it is now FREEDOM OF SPEECH GUARANTEED BUT FREEDOM AFTER SPEECH ESPECIALLY IF THE SPEECH IS AGAINST BUHARI AND HIS SECURITY CHIEFS THEN THE FREEDOM ISN'T GUARANTEED...
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by chinonso23(m): 12:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
chii8:
He should have just resigned.
will dat stop them from arresting him
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by Golan007: 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

Prove to u?
Bigger asslickers than u are protesting now
If the killings get to ur village u wld get proof,
Dem no dey telli person ...

As usual, empty claims that cannot be substantiated.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2020
Golan007:

As usual, empty claims that cannot be substantiated.

U are the last of your kind
Just don't come here and complain when his kinsmen come for u
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by busomma: 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2020
Gandollaar:
Of course he would have known better. They will forget him in the darkest guardroom.
At least he died in what he believed in. He died standing instead of dying kneeling down. How I wish Nigerians hv such backbone of steel. Our society would've been a better place to live cos these politicians would've been driven out into the oceans. Bravo gallant soldier.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by Evercurious(f): 12:45pm On Jun 24, 2020
tobechi74:
It is wrong for a soldier to to so. a soldier has no right........that is y I pity them. you must obey orders.if you are given a toygun to go for we,u must obey without complain .

Did you listen to what he read out from the handbook? Pls listen carefully to all he said
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by Evercurious(f): 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
martolux:
But this is a military man, democracy would have come in if he were to be a bloody civilian.

He is a Nigerian? And has rights too..which kind talk you dey talk
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by truthstands01: 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
tobechi74:
Nigeria is in deep mess because of people like you. So he should not speak up while soldiers are slaughtered like cows while the COAS and all others embezzlement billions voted into security without providing weapons to them. Nigeria is finished. Only God is the hope of the nation.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by danhans(m): 12:52pm On Jun 24, 2020
They are acting on orders,so they can not arrest book haram,bandit,herds men nonsense
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by Blackdisciple(m): 12:54pm On Jun 24, 2020
Gandollaar:
Of course he would have known better. They will forget him in the darkest guardroom.

He is in Nigeria so he knows and he had seen what happened to other ones that did the same tin he did.....

the tin is that will u keep calm wen someone is inserting sh**t into ya eyes...?

if u will then its not everyone that will be calm......

it's only when u are doing bad tins and someone come out to tell u the truth then u pick offense.....
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by Blackdisciple(m): 12:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
eagleu:
For so many years now, many brave Nigeria soldiers have privately or publicly complained about the leadership of Burutai. They have all been killed, prosecuted, or jailed while the same problems they complain about continues unabated.

As we continue to suffer insecurity from ineffective Nigerian army, when will someone ask Burutai what's really going on?

yes Oooo......

u are the only one that commented what Nigerians wanna knw about this matter but the rest keep saying sh**t to the soldier...
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by AlphaStorm: 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
Bros, stop spreading rumors. The worst thing that can happen to him is demotion. And if he follows it up legally, his rank will be restored. Most if the comments here are from ignorant people who know nothing about the military. Every punishment for an offence in the service is clearly spelt out by the Armed Forces Act CAP A20 As Ammended.

Kindly read what i posted clearly sir.
#peace_out
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by godwinusen: 1:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
L\CPL YOU VIOLATED THE CODE AND CONDUCT OF THE NIG ARMY,U SHOULD HV WAITED 4 UR TIME OR REMAIN ANONYMOUS.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs by uche393: 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2020
ymstar:

For what please?
For resigning?
he might be accused of being involved in robbery with a good structured and organized evidence. if you want to resign in the military peacefully, you must not get involved with serious issue like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) / Hope Uzodinma Not Attacked At Ohaji Egbema: The True Story - IfeanyiCy Njoku / Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.