Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help (6025 Views)

I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help / Lady Accused Of Abandoning Her House Help At A Restaurant Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by bukatyne(f): 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2020
Plead:

As in eh,I don’t understand why he invited y.baby and her comrades to this thread.

grin
Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Hathor5(f): 10:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
bukatyne:

Hahahahaahhahahaha

I don't like my job/ working 9 - 5. I am tired of it kiss I said it myself so you did not discover or unearth the 8th wonder of the world.

You cannot effectively work out of the home and run the home as it should be.

Well, maybe you can be at two places at the same time, I can't and I concede to that.

Had you chosen your career more wisely ... right? wink

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by bukatyne(f): 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
Palema007:
Lol I will never know because answering that sincerely will bring out the flaw in your submission. Unless the person is an handicap, you will never do it EVERYDAY! . BTW I can run my husband's bath water I'm chanced willing and scrub his back (the only problem is ,he might end up taking that bath over and over again) grin grin

So why hammer on it like that's the only ticket to being a WIFE?

Sweetheart,

Can you quote one post on this thread I said running a husband's bath water is the only ticket to being a wife?

Would you feel better if cooking or washing was the example I kept using?
Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 25, 2020
bukatyne:

You are very right.

Paying bills is easier than catering to your man (wouldn't say family because a mother would traditionally do anything for her kids)

Yep, typical black community hypes B above A.

Hence the tags 'Strong Independent Black Woman' grin If you are not going to rely on your husband (Spiritually, Physically, Emotionally, Financially etc.) why marry?

And this goes both ways.

Funny enough, men never do this independent sh*t. The moment they are in a relationship, they leverage on the woman's strengths to make a formidable team.

I wonder why I have never heard 'Strong Independent White Woman' shocked shocked shocked shocked
Has anyone ever said anything about being independent on this thread?

Please direct me to such post, I missed it.

9 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
bukatyne:

Sweetheart,

Can you quote one post on this thread I said running a husband's bath water is the only ticket to being a wife?

Would you feel better if cooking or washing was the example I kept using?
You used it more than once, you directed a question to me on it then went on to emphasize on it making the difference between a wife and mistress.

See Bukatyne, the problem with most of you is you see these things as duties, running a bath, cooking, washing etc. Once people see these things as natural things you do out of love, you won't see it as a duty.

Finance or Not . Love is the most important thing.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Klass99(f): 10:14pm On Jun 25, 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
Plead:

You’re a very wise fellow.
Lol. Thank you smiley
Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by bukatyne(f): 10:17pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hathor5:

Had you chosen your career more wisely ... right? wink

bukatyne:

Thanks for the mention:
1. My lethargy has been pre-COVID. I don't think I am made for the traditional 9 - 5 grin

2. Good one, we are relationship beings so thrive better when our lives are 'full' with healthy, meaningful relationships.

3. Hahahahahaha! I feel you jare. Lagos work life can make one's soul wither.

4. I worked from home all through the lockdown and got approval to continue post-COVID. I started feeling lethargic about four years into working. However, logic trumps emotions most of the time for me. So irrespective of HOW I felt, I have woken up and given my best to my job. What you feel is called the 'soul sucking effect' of the corporate world. If it gives any comfort, most workers feel the same way coupled with the rat race of life/wealth however, financial responsibilities make them wake up the next morning.

You want to work from home or part time; what do you need to achieve that? Do you want to up your IT skills? Right now, IT, Official Social Media Mgt and Virtual Customer Care jobs are the hot cake for remote work. While building those skills, you will still be working most likely at your job. Do you like your job? If yes, what can you change to be more comfortable? Your commute to work. Can you afford moving closer to work? Commute time would be drastically shorter which means you have time to play around for other things.

If you don't like your job, what do you like to do? Does your current employer have that department? Can you speak to your boss and the boss of the department you like? Can you consider switching departments (this would however mean you are rooster sure of the new department and that you can deliver at the current tempo you are at your current job. Employers tend to forget how you performed in dept A and evaluate you on dept B's performance. Underperformance or not fitting dept B means the door. And irrespective of how you feel now, unplanned joblessness is no fun). Can you tailor your current job to up-play some things you like to do?

5. Well, COVID-19 has opened the eyes of Nigerians employers to see that remote work is very doable and cost effective for them. So start looking while taking note of the points above.

6. Dreamers like us cheesy I would rather have a job from 10am - 2pm beside my house for six months and use the remaining six months to lounge cheesy. I also wanted work from home and grateful I got it which is still 'scam' to me grin. I rather work intensely for two months and have a month break in that cycle. The constant working and rat race is very soul sucking to me.

7. Fiverr and upwork is a thing. Crossover is also another good platform recruiting Nigerians collecting jagam if you can work the work!

8. Sorry cheesy

9. I guess I have done that in number 4. I saw you like reading and writing somewhere. If you have content you want to share with the world, refine your writing skills, take some classes and boom!. Check upwork and fiverr, I think they require editing and proofreading skills a lot. The downside is that since they are common, it is harder to come tops enough to charge good rates. Rome wasn't built in a day.

You also have to discover your purpose and pursue it to get that ultimate satisfaction. smiley

P.S.: You are very lucky to feel this itch/dissatisfaction/lethargy very early when a whole lot can be done. smiley

Goodluck.

See, I brought the post here for people to read before you go on and on how you can read me kiss

I am not made for traditional 9 - 5 cheesy

Hit your head on the wall.

I hope your associates are seeing that you can twist their words and lift it out of context tomorrow.

I knew you will always show your content and breeding. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Mariangeles(f): 10:17pm On Jun 25, 2020
I believe a wife should be allowed to do what she's able to and enjoy doing, and to contribute what she can to the home.
She should not be pressured into overexerting herself. It'll break her down mentally and physically.
It is also important that she's happy doing what she's doing.
If you're a man, protect your woman by not allowing her do too much even if she wants to.
Remind her to take breaks from time to time. Look out for her. It is for your good.
Most times, women, especially mothers forget to take care of themselves.
You want your wife and the mother of your children around with you till old age don't you?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by bukatyne(f): 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
Palema007:
You used it more than once, you directed a question to me on it then went on to emphasize on it making the difference between a wife and mistress.

See Bukatyne, the problem with most of you is you see these things as duties, running a bath, cooking, washing etc. Once people see these things as natural things you do out of love, you won't see it as a duty.

@bold:

I jump and pass.

All I have preached is love.
Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Hathor5(f): 10:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
bukatyne:

See, I brought the post here for people to read before you go on and on how you can read me kiss

I am not made for traditional 9 - 5 cheesy

Hit your head on the wall.

I hope your associates are seeing that you can twist their words and lift it out of context tomorrow.

I knew you will always show your content and breeding. cheesy

I hit a nerve! Sorry!

7 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Hathor5(f): 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

I jump and pass.

Funny how you never reap what sow. You must be the only exception on earth.

7 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

I jump and pass.

I've never seen you do that, not on this thread or any other. But I guess this is where I tell you:

You are RIGHT.

8 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by bukatyne(f): 10:25pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hathor5:

I hit a nerve! Sorry!

You hit one of your nerves trying to figure me out?

Sorry. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by bukatyne(f): 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2020
Palema007:
I've never seen you do that, not on this thread or any other. But I guess this is where I tell you:

You are RIGHT.

I am responsible for what I say, you are responsible for what you understand. wink

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by bukatyne(f): 10:28pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hathor5:

You must be talking about your self.

Pray to God, He will deliver you (if you believe in Him).

I sow goodness all around me and I reap bountiful goodness with His grace, love and mercy.

I am a blessed, favoured child.
Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Hathor5(f): 10:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
bukatyne:

You hit one of your nerves trying to figure me out?

Sorry. cheesy

It's ok to not like one's job and console oneself that others don't like their jobs either. Not everyone can make a wise decision when it comes to something you will have to do for decades until retirement.

7 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Hathor5(f): 10:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
bukatyne:

You must be talking about your self.

Pray to God, He will deliver you (if you believe in Him).

I sow goodness all around me and I reap bountiful goodness with His grace, love and mercy.

I am a blessed, favoured child.

Yes, we can see that. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by bukatyne(f): 10:32pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hathor5:

It's ok to not like one's job and console oneself that others don't like their jobs either. Not everyone can make a wise decision when it comes to something you will have to do for decades until retirement.

Awwwww

Sorry if your job is all you look forward to towards retirement or if you are so stuck in it that you cannot make changes if necessary.

I am looking forward to making impact with the gifts God has graciously given me.

Now, I feel sorry for you.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hathor5:

Lol. "if it doesn't come from Buka, it isn't right"

I used to have a friend like that, after trying many times to correct that attitude and she refused to desist ,I just let her be. Anytime she claims an opinion or suggestion of mine as hers and echo it, I will just say yes That's true, you are a genius. Lol.

No time for arguments.

9 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
bukatyne:

I am responsible for what I say, you are responsible for what you understand. wink
Please just carry your wahala and go Biko. grin grin

You are very RIGHT ma!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Hathor5(f): 10:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
bukatyne:

Awwwww

Sorry if your job is all you look forward to towards retirement or if you are so stuck in it that you cannot make changes if necessary.

I am looking forward to making impact with the gifts God has graciously given me.

Now, I feel sorry for you.

You are the greatest Buka.

Feel better?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Hathor5(f): 10:40pm On Jun 25, 2020
Palema007:
Lol. "if it doesn't come from Buka, it isn't right"

I used to have a friend like that, after trying many times to correct that attitude and she refused to desist ,I just let her be. Anytime she claims an opinion or suggestion of mine as hers and echo it, I will just say yes That's true, you are a genius. Lol.

No time for arguments.

She is just preaching love, I don't understand why so many people feel rubbed the wrong way. It must be everyone else, never her.
I disagree with some people here all the time but they don't radiate the same bitchiness. It's one of a kind.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by bukatyne(f): 10:43pm On Jun 25, 2020
Palema007:
Please just carry your wahala and go Biko. grin grin

You are very RIGHT ma!

Hathor5:

You are the greatest Buka.

Feel better?

You must mistake me for the airheads plagued with victimhood mentally or out of touch with reality grin

You girls still don't get it: Your opinions of me don't matter kiss

Whether you think I am the greatest, not, the best, always right, always wrong, whatever, I don't care.

It is your opinions and are fully entitled to them. cheesy

Goodnight ladies.
Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Hathor5(f): 10:44pm On Jun 25, 2020
bukatyne:

You must mistake me for the airheads plagued with victimhood mentally or out of touch with reality grin

You girls still don't get it: Your opinions of me don't matter kiss

Whether you think I am the greatest, not, the best, always right, always wrong, whatever, I don't care.

It is your opinions and are fully entitled to them. cheesy

Goodnight ladies.

But they mattered enough for you to tell us how great your life is and deny that you hate your job. grin

12 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hathor5:

She is just preaching love, I don't understand why so many people feel rubbed the wrong way. It must be everyone else, never her.
I disagree with some people here all the time but they don't radiate the same bitchiness. It's one of a kind.
Get her points where she's sensible, ignore when she's not.

That's the magic grin

5 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Romangalactic(m): 12:18am On Jun 26, 2020
Soooo who is to find and fund a househelp?

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by ayomipoosi: 7:30am On Jun 26, 2020
@nobone never bothered to contribute further, nice!
Let me ask you mariangeles,
How much is school bag, lunch bag, food flask for 2-3-4 children put together? It could amount to 15k.(some women spend these on hair and make up like every month)
Now do you buy these for your children every month?
She said she pays the fees, do you think its every time?
Did you read where she said she has access to the husbands accounts, not just one account?
I see a woman who wants to help her husband stand firm first.
Did you also read where she said as soon as she lost her job, she paid her nanny off, and he husband took over all responsibilities 100%?
If that Guy's business was overwhelmed with too such expenses then it was still trying to grow, do you think he can stand firm and take up responsibilities 100% noe that she's not working? She wears the shoes, she knew where there was a hole and she worked hard to support the hole not to open further. Mind you I believe all these happened because of their sincerity to each other. My take
Mariangeles:
I believe a wife should be allowed to do what she's able to and enjoy doing, and to contribute what she can to the home.
She should not be pressured into overexerting herself. It'll break her down mentally and physically.
It is also important that she's happy doing what she's doing.
If you're a man, protect your woman by not allowing her do too much even if she wants to.
Remind her to take breaks from time to time. Look out for her. It is for your good.
Most times, women, especially mothers forget to take care of themselves.
You want your wife and the mother of your children around with you till old age don't you?

5 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Hathor5(f): 8:11am On Jun 26, 2020
Palema007:
Get her points where she's sensible, ignore when she's not.

That's the magic grin

You want me to ignore her when she contradicts herself by saying that it easier to make money and more difficult to show your husband love to later admit that she finds it hard to work 9-5? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 26, 2020
bukatyne:

Hahahahaahhahahaha

I don't like my job/ working 9 - 5. I am tired of it :-* I said it myself so you did not discover or unearth the 8th wonder of the world.

You cannot effectively work out of the home and run the home as it should be.

Well, maybe you can be at two places at the same time, I can't and I concede to that.

This has always been my suspicion, but now that it's confirmed, loool grin

It now all makes sense, all your threads, your posts, your desperate attempts etc. Lol

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Thegamingorca(m): 10:58am On Jun 26, 2020
Palema007:

Your definition of love includes washing pant, Running baths, cooking and house chores?

Nah wah for una
Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
Thegamingorca:

Your definition of love includes washing pant, Running baths, cooking and house chores?

Nah wah for una
Please read to understand not to give a mention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo: Husband & Wife Pray Over Each Other's Private Parts During Wedding / I Want To Save My Relations With HIM. / My Dad Broke My Virginity & Continued To Sleep With Me- Female Student Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.