Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest (25735 Views)

We Must Respect Our Christian Brothers Over Vice President, Group Tells APC, Tin / What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) / Kenneth Okonkwo Disqualified By APC Over Failure To Buy N22M Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Dansuqi: 10:10am On Jun 25, 2020
Bewiseedet:
can u elaborate more on the two names u mentioned and their influence in Apc?

They just joined recently oh from the pdp.one was a former commissioner for 8 years,the other was a special adviser under imoke
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Evergreen4(m): 10:10am On Jun 25, 2020
Politics gradually creeping into our educational system. Niger is finished

1 Like

Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by thatigboman: 10:12am On Jun 25, 2020
Bewiseedet:
Apc in cross river, damn poor choice.
Unical is a federal institution. The VC is appointed by the president. They joined APC because it is the party in power

2 Likes

Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by toffyz(m): 10:13am On Jun 25, 2020
shame on our educational system.
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Dansuqi: 10:13am On Jun 25, 2020
If it is based on qualifications and experience and seniority,it is Celestine bassey and offiong offiong.

But if it is by political standing,the efiks will lose it since prof asor has been in APC since 2015 while others are late comers.his area ekureku is totally APC and hon Alex his political leader will surely pull strings for him at the federal level

1 Like

Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:14am On Jun 25, 2020
Profs that lectured some of these politicians are now be played around by their old students. What a world?!

1 Like

Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by thatigboman: 10:14am On Jun 25, 2020
Dansuqi:
If it is based on qualifications and experience and seniority,it is Celestine bassey and offiong offiong.

But if it is by political standing,the efiks will lose it since prof asor has been in APC since 2015 while others are late comers.his area ekureku is totally APC and hon Alex his political leader will surely pull strings for him at the federal level
are u a unical student?
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by rovher: 10:16am On Jun 25, 2020
Everything nau na politics o, if your papa no sabi anybody, no nid waste your time o, ... *Its not dah deep*
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Accountantikye(m): 10:18am On Jun 25, 2020
SmartProf:
I hope the Unical VC knows the right chairman to get his nomination form from before him go throwaway him money....His name is High Chief. Victor Giadom, the only recognised chairman by President Buhari. When you get to the National office of APC, you will see his name on the door of the office of the National chairman.

hahahahahahahaha
laugh wan burst my belle

1 Like

Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by fergie001: 10:18am On Jun 25, 2020
Odukpani Odukpani
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Abusadiq01(m): 10:18am On Jun 25, 2020
I think Education is no longer the key in Nigeria!
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Dansuqi: 10:22am On Jun 25, 2020
fergie001:
Odukpani Odukpani

But I asked you who the favourite is for senator nwaogu and you kept quiet
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by pointstores(m): 10:23am On Jun 25, 2020
Politics
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Burna440(m): 10:23am On Jun 25, 2020
With this trend, I believ Prof. Asuquo will win cos his brother is currently in the green chamber, who might work it out for him
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Udobass: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2020
You people should forget all these and elect Prof. Offiong Offiong to the coveted seat. He is the best fit for the job.

2 Likes

Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by lereinter(m): 10:25am On Jun 25, 2020
What an aberration

1 Like

Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Bigsteveg(m): 10:26am On Jun 25, 2020
Bewiseedet:
can u elaborate more on the two names u mentioned and their influence in Apc?
They dont need to join the ruling party in CrossRiver, University of Calabar is a federal uni and the VC selection will be from Abuja and sanctioned by Senate.
Nothing concern Calabar politics with Unical.

1 Like

Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Sonoyom(m): 10:27am On Jun 25, 2020
Prof. Ndiyo is the favoured candidate for this job, but qualification and experience would go to Prof. Offiong. I just hope that some of those names am seeing there are just to make the list a bit long because na Cross River south time ooo. There is an unwritten agreement already.
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Dansuqi: 10:29am On Jun 25, 2020
Burna440:
With this trend, I believ Prof. Asuquo will win cos his brother is currently in the green chamber, who might work it out for him

Wait oh,so prof asuquo is hon Daniel senior brother?
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by 3rdavefarms(m): 10:34am On Jun 25, 2020
Florence Obi, (Education) former Commissioner for women Affairs, and former Deputy VC Academics.

She is most likely to win the battle
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Kylekent59: 10:35am On Jun 25, 2020
Same school cultism began, same school trying to politicise the post of a vc thereby affiliating it with politics.
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by fergie001: 10:36am On Jun 25, 2020
Dansuqi:

But I asked you who the favourite is for senator nwaogu and you kept quiet
I just said Odukpani, I don't know her favourite.

What I am saying is that.. From the arrangement I gathered it is expected to come to South...that's all I know.

Nkechi is the decider but I don't have the direct access to information.
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by iamclime(m): 10:36am On Jun 25, 2020
If my facts and intel are still correct, the Visitor of a University or his representative has the final say on who becomes the VC, after a joint selection committee of Senate and Governing Council must have finished the shortlisting and interview processes. The names of the top 3 performers (in the case of some state unis I know) will be forwarded to the Visitor. He may pick any of them.
The politics starts from the shortlisting stage. No matter how good or brilliant a professor is, if he is not shortlisted, then he is already out of the race before it even begins!
The politicisation of education in Nigeria is leading to its balkanisation and bastardisation.
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by MandalorianCree: 10:38am On Jun 25, 2020
Dansuqi:

Must you be tribal over everything? Which one is the efiks will lose it, individuals are vying for a position you're bringing in their tribe.

1 Like

Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by fergie001: 10:39am On Jun 25, 2020
All the same, if true, this is very wrong.

Lecturers, Civil Servants aren't supposed to be card-carrying members of any Political Party.
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by MandalorianCree: 10:41am On Jun 25, 2020
As far as Nigeria is concerned politics influences every thing. Whether it be becoming a VC or marrying a wife, people will always use political and tribal sentiments to give them an edge.
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 25, 2020
Bewiseedet:
they joined the wrong party
Both apc and pdp are wrong...

1 Like

Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 25, 2020
Dansuqi:
I am surprised at the defection of profs offiong and ndiyo.these are staunch Pdp members close to imoke.imoke would be disappointed
Doesn't matter much. Both apc and pdp are corrupt anyway

2 Likes

Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Dansuqi: 10:47am On Jun 25, 2020
fergie001:

I just said Odukpani, I don't know her favourite.

What I am saying is that.. From the arrangement I gathered it is expected to come to South...that's all I know.

Nkechi is the decider but I don't have the direct access to information.

Why mouth odukpani when only one candidate is from there? That ayara is a stingy man
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Dansuqi: 10:47am On Jun 25, 2020
Udobass:
You people should forget all these and elect Prof. Offiong Offiong to the coveted seat. He is the best fit for the job.

I agree
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by SATANNIST: 10:51am On Jun 25, 2020
this useless state again.?
Re: Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 25, 2020
Dansuqi:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/unical-professors-declare-for-apc-over-vice-chancellorship-contest/amp

Anyone who blames religion for the problems of Nigeria is far from the truth. The same thing goes for anyone putting the blames on ethnic affiliation and corruption. The aforementioned are fruits, not the roots. It will only take a fool who cannot think for himself but selling an idea from others to blame religion and region as the problems of Nigeria. Imagine the malleability of those who climbed the highest echelon of learning behaving like thugs in the name of position. Here is our problem: We don't have core values regardless of education and education. In fact, in this country, our belly controls our psychic. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant / Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. / INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.