Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? (2057 Views)

Give your life to God and be useful to your creator, don't live a wasteful life / Why Are Most Pastors Children Stubborn? / Don't Settle For Less; Don't Live A Life Of Mediocrity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Emusan(m): 8:09am On Jun 26, 2020
TATIME:
Oga Emusan! undecided undecided undecided
See the time you posted this.
Are you sure you're still OK? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Haba! 2am due to hatred for the truth, you can't even sleep!
Only God can deliver you o! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Here come the fake elder...

And what concerned you about the time I post on NL?

How many JWs God has delivered?

So because your deluded brother said "by then the holy spirit has not been released to monitor the worshipers so that selfishness and promiscuity can't be,"

And I showed him what were found within the demonic organization after the release of the Holy Spirit means hate truth.

Hypocrite come join fake elder!
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 26, 2020
ARGUMENTATIVE Emusan! cheesy
Emusan:

See this hypocrite!

You made a claim but when your lie and hypocrisy is exposed you'll change mouth.

This is your initial claim "...by then the holy spirit has not been released to monitor the worshipers so that selfishness and promiscuity can't be..."

Now that the Holy Spirit had been released, why do such acts still reign in your demonic organization?

Also, see the hypocrite now limiting it to Nigeria, are JWs not ONE all over the world again?

But you can use Nigeria Christiandom to judge the rest of the Christianity.

Even Jesus was accused of having evil spirit

So Nigeria JWs and JWs in the rest of the world aren't the same again simply because JWs in the rest of the world are still doing what the old people were doing when "by then the holy spirit has not been released to monitor the worshipers so that selfishness and promiscuity can't be,..."

When you also know that even the deluded 8men GB reside in the very place where these acts are so prominent.

People have testified about their encounter with JWs in Nigeria on this forum just as people have testified about other religions they came in contact with.

We have seen testimonies that commend you guys likewise testimonies that exposed the other side.

The only person his sense of humor is blur is the person who refuses to acknowledge that in every organisation there's always a bad eggs but using the bad eggs to judge the rest and when the table is turned shift blame on the bad eggs

Says the deluded JWs who forgot that Billions still belief in the Bible.

I can see the LOVE, JOY and Peace indeed

No wonder my friend's mum (both Father & mother are all JWs) refused her to marry a witness Guy (both father and mother are JWs too)....so much for the self parade LOVE

People have answered OP by even cited example from the scripture, do you agree with them? No! but you simply inject your delusions into it forgotten that there's a log of wood in your eyes while you're busy looking at the beam in someone's else eyes.

Hypocrite!

You can do that about another Christian body

God fearing
Yet

Child Abuse
Adultery
Divorce

Even a JWs family can stop their daughter to marry to another JWs...

You can keep deceiving yourself and your like with fake love, joy and peace.

No-one can give you peace except Jesus Christ!
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by petra1(m): 8:41am On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:
Before Jesus' death none of his siblings became a Christian, it was after his death that James and Jude accepted Christianityso you erred there Sir,

I agree with you that they didnt believe on at some point . James was a pharisee but got converted after.

He became one of the apostles in the early church .

Galatians 1:19
But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

James the younger brother of jesus took over the church in Jerusalem which was a kind of HQ In that time, James rise to leadership became very obvious when Peter was released from Prison, he had to send report to James first of his release

Acts 12:17
But he, beckoning unto them with the hand to hold their peace, declared unto them how the Lord had brought him out of the prison. And he said, Go shew these things unto James, and to the brethren. And he departed, and went into another place.

If you observe when there was doctrinal issue in the early church and Paul and other apostles gathered . Even though James was new in the faith and doctrine and was still mixing the old law with the new but James was the one calling the shot . His word seem to be final .

Acts 15:13
And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God

So you could see that James was the person in charge.

Another incidence was when Peter traveled to visit Paul in Galatia. He observed that the Jews and gentiles Christians ate together and he joined in too. But when some people came Ftom JERUSALEM (James church) Peter was afraid and decamped from eating with the gentiles Christians and Paul had to rebuke him

Galatians 2:11-13
But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

It’s a fact that James ,Peter and John were pillars among the Apostles but James has leadership

Galatians 2:9
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 26, 2020
TATIME:
Oga Emusan! undecided undecided undecided
See the time you posted this.
Are you sure you're still OK? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Haba! 2am due to hatred for the truth, you can't even sleep!
Only God can deliver you o! embarassed embarassed embarassed

To argue pointlessly has entered his brain to the extent he can't even have a sound sleep! cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 26, 2020
petra1:

James the younger brother of jesus took over the church in Jerusalem which was a kind of HQ In that time, James rise to leadership became very obvious when Peter was released from Prison, he had to send report to James first of his release

Acts 12:17
But he, beckoning unto them with the hand to hold their peace, declared unto them how the Lord had brought him out of the prison. And he said, Go shew these things unto James, and to the brethren. And he departed, and went into another place.

If you observe when there was doctrinal issue in the early church and Paul and other apostles gathered . Even though James was new in the faith and doctrine and was still mixing the old law with the new but James was the one calling the shot . His word seem to be final .

And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God

So you could see that James was the person in charge.

Another incidence was when Peter traveled to visit Paul in Galatia. He observed that the Jews and gentiles Christians ate together and he joined in too. But when some people came Ftom JERUSALEM (James church) Peter was afraid and decamped from eating with the gentiles Christians and Paul had to rebuke him

Galatians 2:11-13
But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

It’s a fact that James ,Peter and John were pillars among the Apostles but James has leadership

Galatians 2:9
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

You're mixing the whole thing up!

Jesus' brother James was never one of the Apostles, he became a Christian much later! smiley

Paul's letter shows that the James he is talking about is not the Apostle but Jesus' brother! smiley
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by petra1(m): 8:58am On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:

You're mixing the whole thing up!

Jesus' brother James was never one of the Apostles, he became a Christian much later! smiley

Paul's letter shows that the James he is talking about is not the Apostle but Jesus' brother! smiley

Do not be in a hurry to respond. Check those scriptures again objectively

He names James among the apostles here.

Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 26, 2020
petra1:

Do not be in a hurry to respond. Check those scriptures again objectively

He names James among the apostles here.

You're quoting but not meditating!

Paul is saying "i was in Jerusalem for 15 days when i visited Peter but i didn't see any of the other Apostles with him except James (Jesus' brother)" Galatians 1:18-19

That mean 'the James i'm talking about is not the Apostle but Jesus' junior brother'
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by VirginFinder: 10:28am On Jun 26, 2020
Righteousness89:

You are very Ccorrect!
But Tthe truth is pastor's childor not pastor's child is not really the problem..

Any person outside JESUS can go to any height of sin.

I used to be a terrible Ssinner also..

It's Cconciously and personally deciding to Aaccept JESUS that makes me different today!
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by VirginFinder: 10:29am On Jun 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
That's because being a pastor child does not automatically grant u Ssalvation ...

It's a Ppersonal decision!
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by petra1(m): 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:

You're quoting but not meditating!

Paul is saying "i was in Jerusalem for 15 days when i visited Peter but i didn't see any of the other Apostles with him except James (Jesus' brother)" Galatians 1:18-19

That mean 'the James i'm talking about is not the Apostle but Jesus' junior brother'

Question, Is there another James the apostle apart from jesus brother .if you check, The only james was jesus brother and he was an apostle , not only that ,he took over leadership among the apostles
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
coputa:
@Rigtheousness89 apart from salvation,most of them behave akwardly,some 're involved in stealing,armed robbery and kidnapping, some of them are euen gays and lesbians.as children of pastors are they not suppose to live above board or is it that pastors are not good at parenting.

Because they know the hypocrisy of their parents
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
petra1:

Question, Is there another James the apostle apart from jesus brother .if you check, The only james was jesus brother and he was an apostle , not only that ,he took over leadership among the apostles

There were two Apostles named James!

I sent it to you but you never cared to read it. Matthew 10:2-4

None of Jesus' brothers accepted CHRIST during his lifetime, that's why Jesus' asked John the Apostle to take care of his mother who as at Jesus' death has become a Christian {John 19:26-27} this is totally against the Jewish custom but since Jews at that time have all become hostile towards whoever acknowledged Jesus as the Messiah, all his siblings have abandoned Mary! smiley
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by petra1(m): 2:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:

There were two Apostles named James!

I sent it to you but you never cared to read it. Matthew 10:2-4

None of Jesus' brothers accepted CHRIST during his lifetime, that's why Jesus' asked John the Apostle to take care of his mother who as at Jesus' death has become a Christian {John 19:26-27} this is totally against the Jewish custom but since Jews at that time have all become hostile towards whoever acknowledged Jesus as the Messiah, all his siblings have abandoned Mary! smiley

The apostle called james was already arrested and killed before this time .

Act 12:1 — Act 12:2
Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.

And after that Peter was arrested also . James the brother of jesus who was a pharisee joined the church and was made an apostle he was also in charge of the church in Jerusalem.

When Peter was released from prison he had to send message to James First because he had become the leader of the church in Jerusalem
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
petra1:

The apostle called james was already arrested and killed before this time .

Act 12:1 — Act 12:2
Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.

And after that Peter was arrested also . James the brother of jesus who was a pharisee joined the church and was made an apostle he was also in charge of the church in Jerusalem.

When Peter was released from prison he had to send message to James First because he had become the leader of the church in Jerusalem

The bolded is just a fabrication my friend!

First you asked if there is any other Apostle called James, i told you there are two Apostles named James, now you've noticed that one was killed but there still remains another Apostle named James again before Jesus' brother!

Check the list of names @ Matthew 10:2-4
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by petra1(m): 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:

The bolded is just a fabrication my friend!

Not fabrication, its a fact

First you asked if there is any other Apostle called James, i told you there are two Apostles named James, now you've noticed that one was killed but there still remains another Apostle named James again before Jesus' brother!

Check the list of names @ Matthew 10:2-4

You're right there are 2 James. But the fact remains that james the brother of jesus took over leadership after his conversion .

And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:

Which james do you think was presiding here?
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
petra1:

Not fabrication, its a fact

You're right there are 2 James. But the fact remains that james the brother of jesus took over leadership after his conversion .

And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:

Which james do you think was presiding here?

Jesus chose twelve Apostles so not until all of them die, Nobody leads amongst his disciples, everyone was obedient to the Apostles! Act 2:42, 6:6, 15:2, 23-29

So it wasn't the brother of Jesus who joined them much later Sir, Jesus made just one person Apostle after the twelve and that's Paul.
Jesus purposely made this man Apostle to lead other nations to Christ! Act 9:15; 1Timothy 2:5 smiley
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by petra1(m): 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus chose twelve Apostles so not until all of them die, Nobody leads amongst his disciples, everyone was obedient to the Apostles! Act 2:42, 6:6, 15:2, 23-29

The evidence i gave you prove otherwise

So it wasn't the brother of Jesus who joined them much later Sir, Jesus made just one person Apostle after the twelve and that's Paul.

There were other apostles, remember they even voted to make Matthias apostle .

Jesus purposely made this man Apostle to lead other nations to Christ! Act 9:15; 1Timothy 2:5 smiley

Dont just argue it . Theres enough evidence in the bible. Research it. Check references and commentaries,google .

Start with this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James%2C_brother_of_Jesus?wprov=sfla1
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
petra1:

The evidence i gave you prove otherwise
I believe the arrangement found in the Bible!

There were other apostles, remember they even voted to make Matthias apostle
They wanted to keep the number at twelve, there are no other Apostles but disciples, Jesus chose Paul for the nations!

Dont just argue it . Theres enough evidence in the bible. Research it. Check references and commentaries,google.Start with this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James%2C_brother_of_Jesus?wprov=sfla1
I only rely on whatever setting is found in the Bible, i don't believe in man-made stories. There were two of Jesus' siblings that later became Christians "James and Jude" of course their admonitions were included as Bible books but they never served as Apostles! smiley
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by petra1(m): 6:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:
!
I only rely on whatever setting is found in the Bible, i don't believe in man-made stories. There were two of Jesus' siblings that later became Christians "James and Jude" of course their admonitions were included as Bible books but they never served as Apostles! smiley

Which james was speaking here
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
petra1:

Apostle James! smiley
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by achorladey: 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
petra1:

When speaking with this PERSONALITY you are in discussion with you need to show him evidence sometimes from HIS LEADERS. You could see him telling you've doesn't believe MAN MADE STORIES but the man made stories as it were is equally what HIS LEADERS wrote in the Watchtower.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1953042

Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by achorladey: 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2020
Emusan:

See this hypocrite!

You made a claim but when your lie and hypocrisy is exposed you'll change mouth.

This is your initial claim "...by then the holy spirit has not been released to monitor the worshipers so that selfishness and promiscuity can't be..."

Now that the Holy Spirit had been released, why do such acts still reign in your demonic organization?

Also, see the hypocrite now limiting it to Nigeria, are JWs not ONE all over the world again?

But you can use Nigeria Christiandom to judge the rest of the Christianity.

Even Jesus was accused of having evil spirit

So Nigeria JWs and JWs in the rest of the world aren't the same again simply because JWs in the rest of the world are still doing what the old people were doing when "by then the holy spirit has not been released to monitor the worshipers so that selfishness and promiscuity can't be,..."

When you also know that even the deluded 8men GB reside in the very place where these acts are so prominent.

People have testified about their encounter with JWs in Nigeria on this forum just as people have testified about other religions they came in contact with.

We have seen testimonies that commend you guys likewise testimonies that exposed the other side.

The only person his sense of humor is blur is the person who refuses to acknowledge that in every organisation there's always a bad eggs but using the bad eggs to judge the rest and when the table is turned shift blame on the bad eggs

Says the deluded JWs who forgot that Billions still belief in the Bible.

I can see the LOVE, JOY and Peace indeed

No wonder my friend's mum (both Father & mother are all JWs) refused her to marry a witness Guy (both father and mother are JWs too)....so much for the self parade LOVE

People have answered OP by even cited example from the scripture, do you agree with them? No! but you simply inject your delusions into it forgotten that there's a log of wood in your eyes while you're busy looking at the beam in someone's else eyes.

Hypocrite!

You can do that about another Christian body

God fearing
Yet

Child Abuse
Adultery
Divorce

Even a JWs family can stop their daughter to marry to another JWs...

You can keep deceiving yourself and your like with fake love, joy and peace.

No-one can give you peace except Jesus Christ!

Emusan: Says the deluded JWs who forgot that Billions still belief in the Bible.

Achorladey: One can only wonder how their leader know how to WORSHIP JESUS when the organization started back the in the late 1800 if people REALLY see the bible as A MYTH

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
achorladey:

When speaking with this PERSONALITY you are in discussion with you need to show him evidence sometimes from HIS LEADERS. You could see him telling you've doesn't believe MAN MADE STORIES but the man made stories as it were is equally what HIS LEADERS wrote in the Watchtower.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1953042

Jesus Christ had two apostles named James. So it is more likely that the other James took over after the one died, but not that one of Jesus 's own brothers did.

The Mary mentioned in acts 12 is likely not the mother of Jesus since Mary since she is referred to as Mary the mother of John Mark, and we know that Jesus's brothers are named James, Joseph, Simon and Judas.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by petra1(m): 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
achorladey:

You've not answered the question
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by petra1(m): 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:

Apostle James! smiley

Which of the james .
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by achorladey: 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ had two apostles named James. So it is more likely that the other James took over after the one died, but not that one of Jesus 's own brothers did.

The Mary mentioned in acts 12 is likely not the mother of Jesus since Mary since she is referred to as Mary the mother of John Mark, and we know that Jesus's brothers are named James, Joseph, Simon and Judas.

The MORE LIKELY does it for me still open for further discussion or research. I believe?
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
achorladey:

The MORE LIKELY does it for me still open for further discussion or research. I believe?
Same here.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by achorladey: 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
petra1:

You've not answered the question

Sorry I am not attempting to answer your question at all.

I only gave you a screenshot and a link that the person you are discussing with is familiar with which is more in SYNC with what you are trying to CONVEY but he is going against it.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by achorladey: 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Same here.

Thank you
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
achorladey:

Thank you
The idea that James, the step brother of Jesus Christ, from out of nowhere joins up with the disciples seems a bit too far-fetched a story to settle with.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
petra1:

Which of the james .
One was killed by Herod {Act 12:2} so it's the second James among the Apostles! Matthew 10:3 smiley
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Children Don't Live To Up To Their Fathers' Names? by petra1(m): 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:

One was killed by Herod {Act 12:2} so it's the second James among the Apostles! Matthew 10:3 smiley

Wrong !James alpheaus was never a pillar in the apostolic time except Jamed the brother of jesus .

Secondly if you observe the content of his discussion it shows he was still new in the faith . He was a pharisee. He was still mixing Judaism with christianity. Someone who had been with jesus and the apostles wont do that

Thirdly He still refers to peter by the former family name "Cephas" didnt know jesus changed it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Prophesied The Passing Of TB JOSHUA / A Dilemma (or Is It A Conundrum?) / Mega-evangelist Pastor Chris Oyakilome Brings A New Revelation To America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.