Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,552 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality (33272 Views)

Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) / Dan Foster Dies Of COVID-19 Disease - Independent.ng / Tiwa Savage's 49-99 Appears On New York Times Square Billboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by anonymous1759(m): 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2020
The good old days of coolfm. ( Rickdicks dees top 40,Sunday request show, Sunday gospel in the morning.) Dan Forster, Daddy freeze was just Freeze back then, Valerie, Ejike Nigeria's must fly Gbemi, olisa etc) all these guys made Radio Fun RIP Dan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by IMO01: 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2020
Chai
Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by omorttee4u(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
R I P Dan. Back in then at colfm. His shows was a bomb.

1 Like

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by Emperormartin(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
Aggravated stalking
Crimes plenty for obodo oyibo...
Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by koning: 12:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
He died a Nigerian. He could not have wanted it any other way. If only the African American and the rest of African diaspora know the extent of opportunities available to them in Africa. Especially the big economies.

We have not even scratched the surface in Nigeria. RIP Dan. You are truely missed.

5 Likes

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by Kobicove(m): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
R.I.P Dan Foster!
Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by Femidfo: 12:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
himmm
Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by bigpicture001: 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2020
.. I loved him with all my heart! I earnestly waited for his shows on air.

2 Likes

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by SmartPolician: 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2020
You couldn't hear his voice and not like Foster

No coronavirus death has pained me like his

cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by dasparrow: 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
blessedchild234:
I wanted to say how does these concern me until I saw that the man is a Nigerian
Anyways rip man

He is a black American who settled in Nigeria after being offered a job position in radio. He ended up marrying a Nigerian woman and immersed himself in Nigerian culture as well while doing his job.
Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by baby124: 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
NY times should shut up. They wouldn’t have hired Dan Foster if he went to look for a job.

5 Likes

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by PastorFire: 12:38pm On Jun 27, 2020
Dan Foster, a great guy he was. He took the radio with him. So sad.

1 Like

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by BlankTheory(m): 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2020
I said it, he worked in coolfm
temptnow:
I missed his voice on Cool FM 96.9 lagos every morning. remembered those days when I was calling on one of his shows to win Coca Cola Ipod morning question and answer game show.

RIP Radio voice-over legend

1 Like

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by sonofElElyon: 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2020
ikpeazu is not dead dude! don't be evil!

OLDESTWARRIBOY:
When will New York times pay tributes to Abba Kyari, Abiola Ajimobi, Okezie Ikpeazu

After all the looting sent to USA, sending their kids to study there, did'nt Mr kyari studied there as well? All the medical tourism? No be there Ikpeazu dey during lockdown before im pass backdoor come back

We won't take this.
Somebody help me with that Orubebe Meme

Modified: Dem say Ikpeazu still dey alive o...abeg no my handwriting o, na slip of my tongue I mean slip of BetNaija..
Slip of my Hand

This Kwale Igbo no good for daytime o

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by Theoarhics: 1:01pm On Jun 27, 2020
This man gave me hope back then when I was living in Lagos as far back as 2001- 2004 as a houseboy with all the maltreatment and pains I went thru ,hearing his voice on cool Fm 96.9 gave me some kind of joy. It made me bare the abuses for sometime instead of running away back to Benin. I love you Dan...will always remember you

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by favour32(m): 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
Wetin make 2020 come sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by blessedchild234(m): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
dasparrow:

He is a black American who settled in Nigeria after being offered a job position in radio. He ended up marrying a Nigerian woman and immersed himself in Nigerian culture as well while doing his job.
so he's not even a Nigerian.
Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by Iceberg3: 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
What a painful loss!!!!
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by Imefawulo(m): 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
Oku sunkun Oku
Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by dantajay: 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2020
Me and family we loved this guy. He will be missed. R I p

1 Like

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by tommy589(m): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
SmartPolician:
You couldn't hear his voice and not like Foster

No coronavirus death has pained me like his

cry cry cry

He made listening to radio presentation interesting to many. I used to wonder what was offered to him as salary to choose working as a presenter here. I now understand why

Rip

2 Likes

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by dederocs(m): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
Rest in peace Big Dawg, i will miss you...you made more impact in our lives, than all the criminal politicians put together.
Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by dederocs(m): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
When will New York times pay tributes to Abba Kyari & Abiola Ajimobi.

After all the looting sent to USA, sending their kids to study there, did'nt Mr kyari studied there as well? All the medical tourism?

We won't take this.
Somebody help me with that Orubebe Meme

Its only in Nigeria we celebrate criminals and mediocres.
Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by eisley: 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
Dan Foster really made a huge impact in life, and his voice was so unique. May his soul rest in peace.

Meanwhile, do you know you can open a functioning account via your Mobile phone with GTBank at your convenience? No BVN required, simply dial *737*0# to get started.

1 Like

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by xtaphare321(f): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2020
RIP Dan foster
Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by MrMurdah: 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
New York Times gave a resounding Tribute to the Big Dawg....

Cool FM prefered to wallow in petty filth by not acknowledging the man that put the station on the map.

Shame on Cool FM.

Rest in Peace Dan Foster.

Your legendary work in radio will be acknowledged irrespective.

Thank you for loving Nigeria more than America.

1 Like

Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by Theicecode(m): 2:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
On Air genius
Re: Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality by Burgerlomo: 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2020
R.I.P

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

D.J Cuppy Takes A Pose With A Nairalander. / Regina Daniels Posted A Photo With Her Boyfriend?, Read A Fan Advice / Monalisa Chinda And Her Daughter, Tamar, Rock Matching Outfits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.