Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

5 Life Lessons To Learn From The Temptation Of Jesus Christ - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Life Lessons To Learn From The Temptation Of Jesus Christ (14068 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me / Gay Jesus: Reno Omokri Kicks As Netflix Shows 'The First Temptation Of Christ' / The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: 5 Life Lessons To Learn From The Temptation Of Jesus Christ by 2x24: 7:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
[s]
BoboNogoDie:

You'll only continue to make yourself look and feel stupîd if you continue quoting your story book (Bible).
I know so much about that book already.
It's very unreasonable to continue trying to prove a point using a reference that's one-sided.
I don't believe in your story book.
There are hundreds of it in this world.
There are more than 2000 gods.
Why should I believe in your story book?
Why should I believe in your god?
What makes your story book and god special from all other ones?
Do you know sense at all?
[/s]
Re: 5 Life Lessons To Learn From The Temptation Of Jesus Christ by KNOWMORE56: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2020
JourneytoEL:
very wonderful observation. thanks.

God bless you, sister.
Re: 5 Life Lessons To Learn From The Temptation Of Jesus Christ by Taylordedon(m): 10:49am On Oct 07, 2020
franklytrue:

'The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.' - Psalms 14:1
Don't let this remain true of you. Insults will not change the truth to a lie.

So you know some of the words of Jesus? That is good. But do you also know that he came to show us an example and to fulfil all righteousness? (Matthew 3:15)
'For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously' - 1 Peter 2:21-23

Do you also know that he said he and the Father are one? Do you know that he is the Word of God made flesh? In the flesh, God humbled himself and took our natural human limitations (Phil. 2:6-11, Heb. 10:5) of not being everywhere or knowing everything at the same time for that purpose of redemption because man sinned and man had to be justly punished or pay the price and no natural/sinful man could do this but a perfect man (God in the flesh).

Do you understand that God is Omnipresent? That He fills heaven and earth? That He can be in more than a thousand places at the same time? That He sees what you and I are doing right now even if we hide deep inside a cave thousands of miles apart?

God, by His omnipresent power, operates or relates with His creation in three distinct ways as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That is the Godhead, which some people call the Trinity. And when it is said that Jesus, the Word of God which is God Himself(John 1:14, ch 14:9, Isaiah 9:6) is the "Son of God", some people will compare Him to the nature of a man and be asking who is His wife. 'Son' in this term refers to who proceeded from God. Your biological son is like a replica of you proceeding from you. In another sense, you as a man can call an adopted boy your 'son' even though you did not give birth to him biologically. Is the son of a Landlord not also a Landlord? Is the 'Son' of the Divine and Supreme Being (God) not also a Divine and Supreme Being? "I and my Father are one." - John 10:30
(Colossians 1:15-19, Matthew 28:18, John 5:22-23, 1 John 2:22-23, 1 Timothy 3:16)

Many people like you may limit God in their minds to just a Being sitting down in heaven only seeing or attending to one or a few things at a time, or how else could He be ruling/overseeing heaven and earth with all created beings, listening to and attending to the needs of His people here on earth in several places all around the world if He could only process one or a few things at a time like the man He created? Imagine an electronic robot trying to understand the manufacturer's make up of flesh and blood, soul and spirit, but anyway its manufacturer (man) still has limitations.

I wonder what spiritual advancement you can make as a person without the only true God who is the God of the spirits of all flesh.

Mtcheewwwwwwwwwwwwww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gospel Music Versus Secular Music / Gospel Movies — The New Heaven's Gates And Hell's Flame / Is There Anything Like Untimely Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.