Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring (44001 Views)

Shehu Sani: Why Repentant Terrorists And Bandits Become Spies / Shehu Sani: Why We Rejected Buhari’s $30bn Loan Request / Shehu Sani: Why I Should Be Re-elected Kaduna Central Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by barrypro: 7:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
Its ok
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Goke7: 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
Restructuring will surely happen in the future whether we like it or not. It's not only the north that is against restructuring, even many down south don't want it.

Case in point, when National stadium, Lagos was released to the Lagos state by the FG during the time of Ambode, lots of folks from the southern part of the country don't want to mention any region kicked against the idea and sponsored media articles against it.

We really need to be sincere if we want restructuring, it's not only the north that feels insecure about it, many down south feels same way too and it needs to be addressed. Talk is cheap
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by nogragra: 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Baztardmods:
Senator Shehu Sani says these are the obstacles to restructuring of the country. Guys do you agree with him?

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/ShehuSani/status/1277207924289478656
Let them continue to be scared and sit on the fence till the south move away and form new countries. These people do not mean anything to our common progress.
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Goke7: 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
emkz:

The north contributes little or nothing...but they are more intelligent and politically mature than the rest of the country. To be in control, you don't need resources, oil, minerals and all; you need a sharp intellect and balls. This is one thing northern leaders have. In the south, those who are trying to get us a better deal, we tear them down instead of supporting them. Majority of the news against Tinubu was written by southerners and they call him Fulani slave. If Tinubu was a politician of northern extraction, no northerner would publicly insult him. We are our own enemies. The northerners are more cohesive. Until the south speaks with one voice, they can shout restructuring till eternity, nothing would happen.

Even educated northern elites know that they'd get the short end of the stick if the country is politically, administratively and economically restructured.

I am agreeing with your submission.

well said, i too gbadun you, even the south is not ready for restructuring. You've said it all

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
FrMbaka:

Count the Middle Belt out of North.
The Core North is half desert and unproductive.
Nah they are not ...I have been to the north ...they are not ..they are just lazy
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by jaxxy(m): 7:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
We neee to face our fears in this country. Our leaders have to be courageous to work for the common good of the country be it restructuring or good governance.

These repeations of issues taking us backwards are getting tiring.
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by muykem: 7:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
SE that's clamour for break up was not even mentioned. It's seems north don't take south east serious.
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Baztardmods: 7:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
I think he's right in a way.. as for me they are scared of loosing power or resources at their control but then one day this country must surely move forward

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by DenreleDave(m): 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
Igbochief001:

South West have everything they need to be a great Nation same with south south

The least advantaged is the south east ...but that's nothing actually we would find our way ....I don't know why south west and yorubas want one Nigeria when it's obvious they would be better off alone

First time u spoke the truth
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Austino778: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
Nigeria Will be restructured befr end of this yr...

I av spoken.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Baztardmods: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
muykem:
SE that's clamour for break up was not even mentioned. It's seems north don't take south east serious.
Here is what one of them said.. very inciting and unreasonable comment

Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Nanavati(m): 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2020
Revolution is the way forward
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by greenandy: 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2020
How has it been possible for only this north (Sokoto and Kanem Bornu Caliphates) to stop the political restructuring clamoured for by rest of Nigeria?

It’s because there are people like Bola Tinubu and Raji Fashola in the south - sympathizers with Sokoto Caliphate - that’s why restructuring of Nigeria’s political process has not come to be.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by bestdudes: 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2020
Igbochief001:
When people talk about oil as if it's one big revenue maker I just laugh ....as a country we make less than 20 billion dollars a year from oil ...that's less than what most companies make
If north develop their leather industry it can be a $5 to 50 billion industry if they add raw materials to it
With little research and irrigation north can be a raw material power House , producing things like wheat , milk ,sugar , ethanol , vegetables and many money ..... honestly north is not badly positioned

The least advantaged is the south east ...but that's nothing actually we would find our way ....I don't know why south west and yorubas want one Nigeria when it's obvious they would be better off alone
as in eh? their matter tire me oo
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by nokatakata: 7:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
Though it is good we restructure, but the country can also progress without our own sense of restructuring but rather putting certain laws in place which must be strictly adhered to. Even if we restructure today, it really won't change the behaviour of our leaders so long as the masses continue to remain docile. The reason the country is not progressing is because we are not holding our leaders responsible. The masses get carried away with the senseless politics and tricks played by the politicians. If you cannot hold your governors, house of rep member, senators, LG chairman, councillors responsible now, why do you think you will do that when the country is restructured ? It will still be the same story of embezzlement without the masses fighting back.

There should be a law guiding appointment and employment into govt jobs. All region must have same percentage shared equally and clearly stated in the law. That way nobody is crying nepotism as the president must follow the law as it is written. Every region must also get same amount of allocation and must account for it. The masses must play their part. Any of your leader that has collected money and cannot show what he/she used the money for, should be dealt with. Forget say police dey protect them, una go time dem make sure say una beat them to coma. That way every body go sit up.
We need to stop using restructuring noise to cover up for our failure to hold our leaders responsible. Some people nor even know the local government where their house fall under let alone knowing the chairman. Na to eat, phuck,sleep, hustle and pray say 'e go better', 'God go catch them'we sabi.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by greenandy: 7:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
Igbochief001:
When people talk about oil as if it's one big revenue maker I just laugh ....as a country we make less than 20 billion dollars a year from oil ...that's less than what most companies make
If north develop their leather industry it can be a $5 to 50 billion industry if they add raw materials to it
With little research and irrigation north can be a raw material power House , producing things like wheat , milk ,sugar , ethanol , vegetables and many money ..... honestly north is not badly positioned

Crude oil in the Niger Delta as well as Islam.
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by frog12: 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Reference(m): 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sometimes you want to engage some of these folks in a meaningful, positive conversation then you get to the cliff edge of social media and turn back from falling into the abyss of Twitter, Facebook and the lot which I simply cannot join for...... reasons.
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2020
dayumite:
To me, I think restructuring will only happen in this country when we get the true definition of restructuring. When we talk of restructuring, it's obvious we are talking of the system. Now which of the system are we talking about, is it the political system or educational system or judicial system or economical system and so on. So when we talk of restructuring in this country, we have to be specific.

We are taking of the overall restructuring of the country, all systems.
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by DexterousOne(m): 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
Igbochief001:

The bolded has to be a joke

The South East can create a multi billion dollar fortune and revenue by developing the entire oil palm value chain from beginning to end.

Malaysia and co has done it

Nigeria can do same too
Using the SE

So the south east is NOT disadvantaged in anyway

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by emkz: 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
Evercurious:

Why Tiinubu? Abeg present a better person and not a KLEPTOMANIAC like Tinubu. You speak as if he can be trusted..

Let us assume Tinubu is a kleptomaniac. It is an assumption, not a fact. Despite the money Abacha stole, despite the criminality perpetrated by Saraki, HOW many northerners would come out to describe them the way you described Tinubu, whom you have no proof is a kleptomaniac?

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
The total money from Oil is less than the money Nigerians abroad send home every year. its time we stopped focusing on this Oil that is holding us back. We have focused so much on Oil as a source of govt revenue that we have ignored other sources of taxes that can give us many times that every year.

Nigeria suffers from poverty of the mind, rich and poor, big man and small man, we all think like poor people.
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by 9gerian: 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
Thank you.

I am still trying to understand why GEJ failed to implement the 2014 confab recommendations after going through all the trouble of setting it all up.

I mean the guy was actually expecting PMB to implement the recommendations of the report. angry

yinkus6750:
The North contributes little or nothing to the nation's wealth, yet wants to continue oppressing the south
I don't blame them, I blame past administration's of OBJ & GEJ that failed to do the right thing during the period they had the power .
OBJ even tried, 13% derivation was his regime
But our South South brother who ought to be more concerned was busy serving the North
Restructuring is the only way forward, it will happen one day.
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by SmartPolician: 7:55pm On Jun 28, 2020
Coldie:
We igbos stand with the north, there must be no restructuring. All we want is an end to corruption.

Also we want every single natural resource to be under the control of the FG. Both liquid gaseous and solid.

The FG must take over and run all seaports and custom operations.

As time goes on with proper consideration the FG will be in charge of coordinating state IGR, so that they can be the ones allocating it to the states equitable.

Every region in Nigeria must grow, no region must leave the other behind

Who made you the spokesperson of the Igbos?

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Guestlander: 7:55pm On Jun 28, 2020
See contradictions! If it is all about oil resources and also a southwest agenda, how much oil does the southwest have?
Proper census - southwest agenda
National ID - Southwest agenda
Common sense police structure - southwest agenda.
Common sense political structure - southwest agenda.
Common sense fiscal structure - southwest agenda.
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by tiredoflife(m): 7:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
yinkus6750:
The North contributes little or nothing to the nation's wealth, yet wants to continue oppressing the south
I don't blame them, I blame past administration's of OBJ & GEJ that failed to do the right thing during the period they had the power .
OBJ even tried, 13% derivation was his regime
But our South South brother who ought to be more concerned was busy serving the North
Restructuring is the only way forward, it will happen one day.

What do you expect him to do
3 brothers who are the rightful owner of the throne were not around when their father died
The cousin took over
The south west brother was angry
The northern brother was mad
Only the south east brother stood by him
2 against 1
What did you think he will be doing rather than appease them with favours which they were never satisfied till they came together to remove him
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by SmartPolician: 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
DanHaske:
The blogger again.
That is purely his opinion. If restructuring meas resource control, the north will always be alright. We know the regions without resources. Nobody in the north is afraid of restructuring.

Go sleep

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by SmartPolician: 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
emkz:

The north contributes little or nothing...but they are more intelligent and politically mature than the rest of the country. To be in control, you don't need resources, oil, minerals and all; you need a sharp intellect and balls. This is one thing northern leaders have. In the south, those who are trying to get us a better deal, we tear them down instead of supporting them. Majority of the news against Tinubu was written by southerners and they call him Fulani slave. If Tinubu was a politician of northern extraction, no northerner would publicly insult him. We are our own enemies. The northerners are more cohesive. Until the south speaks with one voice, they can shout restructuring till eternity, nothing would happen.

Even educated northern elites know that they'd get the short end of the stick if the country is politically, administratively and economically restructured.

I am agreeing with your submission.

Who are the US that Tinubu wants to get a deal for?

This one na learner
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by SmartPolician: 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
emkz:

Let us assume Tinubu is a kleptomaniac. It is an assumption, not a fact. Despite the money Abacha stole, despite the criminality perpetrated by Saraki, HOW many northerners would come out to describe them the way you described Tinubu, whom you have no proof is a kleptomaniac?

There's nothing right about covering criminality

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by oloripeter(m): 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
We want every sectors to be restructure
dayumite:
To me, I think restructuring will only happen in this country when we get the true definition of restructuring. When we talk of restructuring, it's obvious we are talking of the system. Now which of the system are we talking about, is it the political system or educational system or judicial system or economical system and so on. So when we talk of restructuring in this country, we have to be specific.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fight Erupts At PDP Governorship Primaries In Awka (Pictures, Video) / Peter Obi Wins In Anambra Govt House, Soludo’s APGA And APC Scores Zero / Shehu Sani Reacts To Emir Sanusi’s Dethronement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.