Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring (43997 Views)

Shehu Sani: Why Repentant Terrorists And Bandits Become Spies / Shehu Sani: Why We Rejected Buhari’s $30bn Loan Request / Shehu Sani: Why I Should Be Re-elected Kaduna Central Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Coldie(m): 8:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

If there is a vote for restructuring which would take off immediately, I will vote no. But most referendums on things like that take years to implement. Take a look at Brexit. They voted to leave since 2016 and till now they have no yet fully left the EU
OK if it takes years when the years finally come, what will u like to be restructured?
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Coldie(m): 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

Please go to google and search for a detailed article on the AKK pipeline project
I have been searching for what u said, I can't seem to find it anywhere
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by kingzizzy: 1:25am On Jul 05, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

I do not support restructuring right now. It should come in the future when all regions become viable. That is where we are heading as we enter the post oil economy. When other regions become viable, whether you like it or not, there will be a rise in demand for restructuring. So, instead of you saying that the FG should even assume control over more resources, you should fight for the viability of the East so that when the resource control comes, we will not be left out. Restructuring is a matter of when and not if. We should only delay it so that we could build our capacity and not deny it.
As regards what we have to restructure in the East. Have you not heard that the AKK Gas pipeline is to get its gas supply from Imo state?

You are wrong. All Regions should develop at their pace, that is the essence of being a federation. No Region should be held back by another, or wait for another to become viable. To do that would create resentment, hatred and ill will.

Ever Region should control their resources, human or capital, generate their own wealth and pay the Federal government an agreed percentage. The Federal Government should only be a 'national coordinator' of all the economic and political processes in Nigeria, not an overlord with all the powers in the world. How can you build capacity when you dont control your resources? How can you build capacity when you are totally subject to a Federal government that is so powerful that they can decide if you can even breathe air?

Powers should be devolved down to the federating units of Nigeria or the federating units should be allowed to be independent
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Coldie(m): 7:28am On Jul 05, 2020
kingzizzy:

You are wrong. All Regions should develop at their pace, that is the essence of being a federation. No Region should be held back by another, or wait for another to become viable. To do that would create resentment, hatred and ill will.

Ever Region should control their resources, human or capital, generate their own wealth and pay the Federal government an agreed percentage. The Federal Government should only be a 'national coordinator' of all the economic and political processes in Nigeria, not an overlord with all the powers in the world. How can you build capacity when you dont control your resources? How can you build capacity when you are totally subject to a Federal government that is so powerful that they can decide if you can even breathe air?

Powers should be devolved down to the federating units of Nigeria or the federating units should be allowed to be independent

We agree but we igbos will resist restructuring.

It doesn't favour us.

If am wrong tell me what u want to be restructured in the south east?

The time the east wanted restructuring has passed.

All we want is for Nigeria to be corruption free.

The SS and the SW are the major beneficiaries of restructuring, while the SE is the least beneficiary amongst the 6geopolitical zones, why then should we take the bait of fighting other peoples fight yet they always insult us for it.

Every man to his house o.

To me every single resources, ports water ways, should be controlled by the FG
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by kingzizzy: 9:27am On Jul 05, 2020
Coldie:

We agree but we igbos will resist restructuring.

It doesn't favour us.

If am wrong tell me what u want to be restructured in the south east?

The time the east wanted restructuring has passed.

All we want is for Nigeria to be corruption free.

The SS and the SW are the major beneficiaries of restructuring, while the SE is the least beneficiary amongst the 6geopolitical zones, why then should we take the bait of fighting other peoples fight yet they always insult us for it.

Every man to his house o.

To me every single resources, ports water ways, should be controlled by the FG

The FG has been controlling all resources since the war ended in 1970, where is Nigeria today? It is poverty capital of the world. Only a fool will be doing something for 50 years, it is not working, but still insist on carrying on.

This current system where everyone goes Abuja ever month to collect subvention is what is causing corruption. If everyone was generating their own subvention and not going to Abuja, there woukd have been far less corruption and accountability.

Restructuring is very good for the South East. It is time for Ebonyi to take control of their agriculture and huge solid mineral deposits, it is time for Imo to take control of its Oil and gas, it is time for Enugu to control its coal, it is time for Abia to take control of its manufacturing and Oil, it is time for Anambra to take control of its huge has deposits. These people cannot control anything because it is in the hands of the FG

The era of going to the FG to ask for money, or to rely on other peoples resources should end. Let everyone progress at their own pace according to what talent or resources God has given them. That is what a federation is all about.
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Coldie(m): 10:44am On Jul 05, 2020
kingzizzy:

The FG has been controlling all resources since the war ended in 1970, where is Nigeria today? It is poverty capital of the world. Only a fool will be doing something for 50 years, it is not working, but still insist on carrying on.

This current system where everyone goes Abuja ever month to collect subvention is what is causing corruption. If everyone was generating their own subvention and not going to Abuja, there woukd have been far less corruption and accountability.

Restructuring is very good for the South East. It is time for Ebonyi to take control of their agriculture and huge solid mineral deposits, it is time for Imo to take control of its Oil and gas, it is time for Enugu to control its coal, it is time for Abia to take control of its manufacturing and Oil, it is time for Anambra to take control of its huge has deposits. These people cannot control anything because it is in the hands of the FG

The era of going to the FG to ask for money, or to rely on other peoples resources should end. Let everyone progress at their own pace according to what talent or resources God has given them. That is what a federation is all about.
Apart from oil and gas which the fg has control of, the fg has not stopped ebonyi with doing anything with their agriculture, neither have they stopped enugu with doing anything with their coal, Anambra gas is minority controlled by the fg but majority controlled by the state, cause the state used its resources to develop the infrastructure. Thats one if the reason why Anambra isn't listed as a Niger delta state.

So since these states are controlling their resources what has stopped them from becoming the heaven u always talk about. In IMO and abia apart from oil and gas and security the state government controls every other thing, what has stopped them?

I bet u if the FG withdraws its hand from the south east, OK control your so called resources, don't come to Abuja we won't take anything from the east. Can the south east survive for 6months?

Can they pay salaries if civil servants, not to talk of state police in a restructuring.

Or its just wishful thinking that once restructuring comes everything will fall into play over night?

Please engage me don't shy away I really want to be educated on this cause it seems u know so much
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by kingzizzy: 11:18am On Jul 05, 2020
Coldie:

Apart from oil and gas which the fg has control of, the fg has not stopped ebonyi with doing anything with their agriculture, neither have they stopped enugu with doing anything with their coal, Anambra gas is minority controlled by the fg but majority controlled by the state, cause the state used its resources to develop the infrastructure. Thats one if the reason why Anambra isn't listed as a Niger delta state.

So since these states are controlling their resources what has stopped them from becoming the heaven u always talk about. In IMO and abia apart from oil and gas and security the state government controls every other thing, what has stopped them?

I bet u if the FG withdraws its hand from the south east, OK control your so called resources, don't come to Abuja we won't take anything from the east. Can the south east survive for 6months?

Can they pay salaries if civil servants, not to talk of state police in a restructuring.

Or its just wishful thinking that once restructuring comes everything will fall into play over night?

Please engage me don't shy away I really want to be educated on this cause it seems u know so much

You are talking out of ignorance. There was a time that there was no oil and the Regions were surviving without collecting anything from the Federal Government. All the mineral deposits in Nigeria are on the exclusive list and nobody can touch it without FG approval.

The South East has all it takes to survive if it is run as a full Region with Regional government that has full resource control and taxation powers.

Right now, the SE is only a Region in name only and has little or no control over its resources
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Coldie(m): 11:28am On Jul 05, 2020
kingzizzy:

You are talking out of ignorance. There was a time that there was no oil and the Regions were surviving without collecting anything from the Federal Government. All the mineral deposits in Nigeria are on the exclusive list and nobody can touch it without FG approval.

The South East has all it takes to survive if it is run as a full Region with Regional government that has full resource control and taxation powers.

Right now, the SE is only a Region in name only and has little or no control over its resources
At a time when there was no oil, there was no states. West as a whole was administered by a central body, that means all the resources in the entire west was administered by one central body in the west, the reason for the cry for state creation was because that system wasn't favourable because the resources couldn't go round, and some regions ended up marginalized same as what happened in the north and east.

Tell me which resources have been found in the east and the eastern government tried to exploit it and the FG was against it, tell me let it not be based on ipob stats back it up with a link. Cause I know apart from oil the fg right now is not really interested in other resources for the time being, so if its like that the SE has nothing to worry about as they are a marginal producer of oil and gas.

What resources does the SE want to control that the FG is stopping them? Right now is the FG stopping the SE from taxing its residents?

If right now the taxes from the SE thats controlled 90% by the SE leaders is very small do u think it would change overnight?

Are u aware that the SE is the least populated region In Nigeria?

All these wishful thinking and cry for restructuring and secession doesn't favour us at all one bit but u guys are too much in a hurry, not knowing u are on a march to commit suicide.

If anything I said here is wrong prove me wrong, show me a link on the internet where an eastern governor was crying that the fg is stopping him from harnessing his resources
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by kingzizzy: 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
Coldie:

At a time when there was no oil, there was no states. West as a whole was administered by a central body, that means all the resources in the entire west was administered by one central body in the west, the reason for the cry for state creation was because that system wasn't favourable because the resources couldn't go round, and some regions ended up marginalized same as what happened in the north and east.

Tell me which resources have been found in the east and the eastern government tried to exploit it and the FG was against it, tell me let it not be based on ipob stats back it up with a link. Cause I know apart from oil the fg right now is not really interested in other resources for the time being, so if its like that the SE has nothing to worry about as they are a marginal producer of oil and gas.

What resources does the SE want to control that the FG is stopping them? Right now is the FG stopping the SE from taxing its residents?

If right now the taxes from the SE thats controlled 90% by the SE leaders is very small do u think it would change overnight?

Are u aware that the SE is the least populated region In Nigeria?

All these wishful thinking and cry for restructuring and secession doesn't favour us at all one bit but u guys are too much in a hurry, not knowing u are on a march to commit suicide.

If anything I said here is wrong prove me wrong, show me a link on the internet where an eastern governor was crying that the fg is stopping him from harnessing his resources

You still dont get it? It is not the job of anybody to support anybody. It is not the job of the SS to support the SE or the job of the SW to support the NW. It is for everyone to support themselves by controlling whatever resources they have on their lands, human or natural, pay an agreed tax to the FG and keep the rest for their development. Thats what a federation is all about. There are many people who would have opted not to be part of Nigeria had they known that their resources would be used to support others.

If we agree that Nigeria is made up of 6 Regions, Nigeria must be restructured so that those 6 Regions will have full Regional government, full resource control and tax raising powers. Everybody should develop according to their ability and whatever God has blessed them with. The FG can keep control of things such as defence, custom and immigration, external affairs. The 9ffice of executive President and commander of the armed forces should be abolished and replaced with office of prime minister who is head of government and a ceremonial president who commander in chief of the armed forces. The Senate should be abolished

If Nigeria does not restructure along these lines to give the Regions greater control of land and destiny then s referendum should be held to allow those who are not happy to opt in, or out of Nigeria
Re: Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring by Coldie(m): 1:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
kingzizzy:

You still dont get it? It is not the job of anybody to support anybody. It is not the job of the SS to support the SE or the job of the SW to support the NW. It is for everyone to support themselves by controlling whatever resources they have on their lands, human or natural, pay an agreed tax to the FG and keep the rest for their development. Thats what a federation is all about. There are many people who would have opted not to be part of Nigeria had they known that their resources would be used to support others.

If we agree that Nigeria is made up of 6 Regions, Nigeria must be restructured so that those 6 Regions will have full Regional government, full resource control and tax raising powers. Everybody should develop according to their ability and whatever God has blessed them with. The FG can keep control of things such as defence, custom and immigration, external affairs. The 9ffice of executive President and commander of the armed forces should be abolished and replaced with office of prime minister who is head of government and a ceremonial president who commander in chief of the armed forces. The Senate should be abolished

If Nigeria does not restructure along these lines to give the Regions greater control of land and destiny then s referendum should be held to allow those who are not happy to opt in, or out of Nigeria
I dont know where u are from. But I am speaking from the perspective of my region. Restructuring does not favour the south east.

The southeast is the least favoured if we practice restructuring. So why then should I support it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IPOB Women Cry, Go Topless After They Were Denied Bail In Owerri (Photos) / Amaechi, Lawan In Two-Horse Race As APC Awaits Buhari’s ‘Anointed Candidate’ / Pre-Wedding Picture Of Obidient Couple In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.