Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions (53731 Views)

Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira / 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by hadex90(m): 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
CBN has hand in this, most banks started stealing from their customers during this covid-19 period, I remember they hole meeting with CBN and CBN told them they should not sack staffs, I guess stealing is the next line of action.
Hushpuppi Crew
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by authority2006(m): 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
NwaNimo1:
They should return the money with interest!

Thieves......only a fool will open an account with them

Robbers....

Watch your language.
Be that as it may, they didn't do anything wrong, only that they did it late.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by authority2006(m): 8:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sirheny007:
I have been refunded.
How can you deduct N50 thrice from my account in the name of stamp duty for the month of February?? undecided
Multiply that by the millions of customer's nationwide.

Thieves!

Probably, that's what you owed.
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by DAVE5(m): 8:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
kaycyor:

Because for every 10,000 inflow or outflow u get 50 naira stamp duty charge. CBN regulation

I know

Still doesn't change the fact that it's very unnecessary or it annoying to my pocket

We weren't charged that ridiculous fee as of 5 months ago to as far back as over 10 years I've been banking neither has it helped improve Nigeria's welfare so it's still annoying and uncalled for
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by ynotsadeek(m): 8:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
Way back in 2010, I closed down my Access Bank account. They have been robbing their customers since time immorial.

Me, I'm just flexing with Standard Chartered Bank.

Zero transfer fees, Zero SMS charges, Zero ATM charges, Delivery of card to your address.

Check my siggy for App download link

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by fof1: 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ravon:

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2020/06/28/access-bank-to-refund-stamp-duty-deductions/

FRAUD AT ALL LEVELS OF OPERATIONS. CBN, FGN AND D BANKS ARE COMPLICIT IN CRIME AGAINT D NIGERIAN CITIZENS. THIS BUHARI GOVERNMENT IS UTTERLY CONFUSED AND MISGUIDED,MISDIRECTED AND ANTI PEOPLE INDEED.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by authority2006(m): 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
Jaculze:
Reasons why I bank with Gtbank. I was surprised seeing that people were complaining about them being deducted, I just laugh cos Gtbank can't do such. You're *737*0# away from opening an account with them

You're a liar! I don't know who you are lying here to. Stamp duty is mandatory for all banks to deduct from transaction of 10k and above that comes into customers' accounts. Are you telling me that your GTB haven't been deducting 50 naira since February 1st this year?

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by ladychioma: 8:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
Access Bank, is the deduction made as COVID 19 palliative?. Is this how to compensate your customers in this hard time?. This is very unfair and it's unacceptable .
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by kayalcomp: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
Access bank can deduct for Africa! Not only Stamp duty. They deducted my money to the extend I went to their customer care to complain. They explain bla bla. I vex forget my account with them when they deduct it to a small token (<N100). When they have nothing to deduct again, they stopped. EFCC suppose probe the management of that bank. I now use another bank. I wonder how their current customers cope with their much deductions.
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Ayemileto(m): 9:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lawrry:
For SMS charges and stamp duty Gtbank had deducted about #150 from me today. I am wondering how daylight robbery has become the order of the day for Nigeria banks.

For every single transaction above 10k you receive, you get charged N50. The money goes directly to CBN.

So, if you get charged 150 for stamp duty today, that means you receive 3 incoming transaction of 10k or more.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by authority2006(m): 9:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
kaycyor:

Because for every 10,000 inflow or outflow u get 50 naira stamp duty charge. CBN regulation

Stamp duty is only on inflow. Outflow is transactional charges if it is between two different banks
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by franugo(m): 9:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ayemileto:

Lol. Bank don't register weekend date.

If you withdraw from the ATM or perform any other transaction on a Saturday or Sunday, it's the next Monday's date that will be registered.

Registered where exactly Where did you get this info from? Doesn't tally whatsoever with what I know
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by ayusco85(m): 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2020
smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Ayemileto(m): 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2020
franugo:

Registered where exactly Where did you get this info from? Doesn't tally whatsoever with what I know

Go make a withdrawal on a Saturday or Sunday, or transfer money to someone.

Then check your statement of account.

The date of the transaction will be the Next Monday.
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by authority2006(m): 9:04pm On Jun 28, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
[s] SO if they didn’t call them out on Twitter they no go return am abi [/s]
Yeye bank

They didn't have to return it because it is what individual customers truly owed the CBN/FG. But the fear of closing of accounts made them to resolve to bear the cost on behalf of their customers. They didn't deduct the duty as the transactions were taking place.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by jakD: 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
olumide4christ:

Na now you know what's up? Me that I have 5 accounts with them as a result of their merger or acquisition of Diamond bank, they have been sending me emails for some months now telling me "we miss you, make use of your account". Who send them since last year?

I received the email that this thread is based on saying they wanted to deduct Stamp duty from February to April on transactions above N10,000. They sent me emails for all my accounts with them whereas the only transaction that occurred from January-April this year was a N13k my Uber driver paid into one of the accounts in March, yet they were sending me emails to fund my accounts so that they could carry out their deductions. I vex seriously for them. Their continuous deductions is what made me abandon their accounts to a large extent, except the one I opened for my daughter.
They have deducted & deducted to the point that one of my accounts is -N26.00 now.

If you need a good bank, I recommend GTBank Zenith Bank, Heritage Bank..you can't go wrong with them.
Diamond bank was 2nd best for me until Access swallowed them... very painful for me.

I was using Zenith before I changed to Access thinking they were better. Zenith then would charge me monthly for card maintenance whereas my card couldn't do any transaction then. I complained severally, they didn't do anything but kept charging me. I had to leave there. Till today, they keep charging. Now, they said I'm owing them close to 2K as if I borrowed money o.
Now, I'm going to GTB. I just hope I won't regret that though.

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by jakD: 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2020
willieguy:
GTBANK should follow suit too

What did they do please because they are the next bank I'm going to o
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by fcdgrand(m): 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
OBJlive:
I have made several unsuccessful attemp to report to Fidelity bank customer care but their customer care line appears to be a scam number
bros na true, my 450 naira phone credit just finish, nobody pick, only just dey play music, chai
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by franugo(m): 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ayemileto:

Go make a withdrawal on a Saturday or Sunday, or transfer money to someone.

Then check your statement of account.

The date of the transaction will be the Next Monday.

Maybe it depends on the bank but zenith uses the exact date...access too I think.
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Rexraph18(m): 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
willieguy:

Exactly oo..

Recently, GTB has been charging me 150naira daily for stamp duty..

Today too, I sent 5k to another GTB account only to discover my remaining balance is short of 300 naira..

This is really getting frustrating
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by olalekanyeba: 9:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
GTbank and First Bank to follow suit
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by fcdgrand(m): 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
ynotsadeek:
Way back in 2010, I closed down my Access Bank account. They have been robbing their customers since time immorial.

Me, I'm just flexing with Standard Chartered Bank.

Zero transfer fees, Zero SMS charges, Zero ATM charges, Delivery of card to your address.

Check my siggy for App download link
hmm too sweet, i will love to open account but wait o!, are you a marketer?
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by realtalk19: 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2020
I have been refunded.
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by willieguy: 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2020
Unending and unnecessary deductions stamp duty, SMS charges alone na die and many other charges. Its killing
jakD:

What did they do please because they are the next bank I'm going to o
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by naturefellow(m): 9:27pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ayemileto:

Stamp duty has nothing to do with donations.

All stamp duty funds go directly to CBN, and it is deducted by every bank for incoming transactions above N10,000.

If you read the article, Access bank will still pay CBN, just that they will pay for their customers from their own pocket.
yes, stamp duty. Thanks for the education!
But why is everyone going gaga about it since Access Bank debited them yesterday? Are they the first bank to charge for stamp duties? Why is theirs different? How's this different from extortion?

Look, i have a bad history with access already. Long before this event. So I'm unfazed really!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2020
Organized crime. Why are they refunding it back? Has CBN suspended the decision to collect stamp duties (3 times/month) or is just once and access decided to take more two?
I wish our system works in this country, you guys would have faced class A suites but no wahala. I have already transfered everything out. U can eat d remaining kobo there.

Make sure u debit me next month. Idiots
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Ayemileto(m): 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
naturefellow:
yes, stamp duty. But why is everyone going gaga about it since Access Bank debited their customers? Are they the first bank to charge for stamp duties? Why is their's different?

They didn't deduct it immediately.

I also think they sent alert.

Imagine just deducting stamp duty from February - June yesterday.

GTB deducts it same day, and they won't even send you alert. You'll only see it if you check your Statement of Account.

So most people don't know.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by naturefellow(m): 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ayemileto:

They didn't deduct it immediately.

I also think they sent alert.

Imagine just deducting stamp duty from February - June yesterday.

GTB deducts it same day, and they won't even send you alert. You'll only see it if you check your Statement of Account.

So most people don't know.
interesting!
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by ynotsadeek(m): 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
fcdgrand:
hmm too sweet, i will love to open account but wait o!, are you a marketer?

No boss, just a satisfied customer!
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by supereagle(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
willieguy:
I bought airtime of #300 from my account this morning, they deducted #500. What's #200 for?
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by iyaegin: 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lol....what you guys don't realize knowing Access Bank for what they are is that someone will bear the cost of those refunds.some people would either get sacked or suspended with loss of pay..e too sure...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arewa, Ohanaeze, Yoruba, Ijaw Youths Reveal Those Trying To Bring Down Air Peace / Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million / Tips For Getting Your Business Name Approved With CAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.