Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,503 members, 7,823,173 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions (53742 Views)

Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira / 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
fayluv1:
they did d same to me n i called somebody in d bank d guy said they made new atm card for me, n my own card has not expired o, not even gone to collect it

Yours is even better maybe I will have to visit their branch and deactivate my access to debit cards I don't withdraw cash from that acct so I don't know who that are producing the card for.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by DAVE5(m): 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
willieguy:
GTBANK should follow suit too

I support this motion, I'm getting 200 - 400 naira deductions on my gt daily, e just dey pain me gan

This month alone go don reach 10k for stamp duty or more for that gt

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by anigbajumo(m): 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
Useless bank, I was debited 7x and they just refund me once.... Legalized unarmed robbers.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Gabflex: 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
NwaNimo1:
They should return the money with interest!

Thieves......only a fool will open an account with them

Robbers....

[img]https://media./images/5c701d27faf5c39861c2b1efe18f7f51/tenor.gif[/img]
Different stroke for different folks.
there service is bad doesn't mean only fools operate with them biko.
you too vex

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
I NEED A VERY GOOD WRITER.

I HAVE ADVERTISED FOR WRITERS SEVERALLY ON THIS FORUM, BUT ALL I'VE BEEN GETTING ARE PEOPLE WHO I HAVE TO EDIT AND REWRITE THEIR WORK. I AM TIRED OF DOING THAT. I NEED REAL WRITERS.

I DON'T NEED AN ARTICLE WRITER, BUT SOMEONE WHO CAN WRITE ON ANYTHING.

PLEASE, IF YOU'RE THAT PERSON, SEND A SAMPLE OF YOUR WORK TO INFO(AT)PATRICKOKUNIMA.COM

Ok.

Expect it around 2 am.
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by wintersnow(m): 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

I HAVE ADVERTISED FOR WRITERS SEVERALLY ON THIS FORUM, BUT ALL I'VE BEEN GETTING ARE PEOPLE WHO I HAVE TO EDIT AND REWRITE THEIR WORK. I AM TIRED OF DOING THAT. I NEED REAL WRITERS.

PLEASE, IF YOU'RE THAT PERSON, SEND A SAMPLE OF YOUR WORK TO INFO(AT)PATRICKOKUNIMA.COM

Bro I can design book covers for you at a good rate
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
jagaban002:
Foolish bank they remove 450 and I don’t even touched d acxount since feb
multi-millionaire guy
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by olumide4christ: 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2020
Raxxye:

Yes, that's what they deducted!
My balance after the deductions was 1500 naira and I had to quickly transfer it out last night before they deduct for May and June. grin

Na wa ooo...I think I need to do something about my daughter's account with them. Funny enough, I have not received any account statement from them on her account by email since last year. Only God knows how much they are deducting from it.
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by ayusco85(m): 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
Jaculze:
Reasons why I bank with Gtbank. I was surprised seeing that people were complaining about them being deducted, I just laugh cos Gtbank can't do such. You're *737*0# away from opening an account with them

Oponu. Generate your statement of account from January till date and see if they don't deduct. Access bank made a mistake of not debiting when they ought to have.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by mulerogold(m): 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
FIRST BANK is worst !

on 10/04/2020, I had 7,000 in my bank account . I went to withdraw 4k at the ATM. then i received a debit Alert of 4k and balance of ( 1,700 ) naira.
Could this be an error from the system?
How can 7000 minus 4000 equals to 1,700 naira?

I was as shocked as our President.

I read through the text multiple times
I wrote a mail the the bank in this regard but they never respond to my mail till date.

The banks in Nigeria are stealing from its customers with illegal and outrageous deductions on daily basis. They hide under the guise of monthly  card maintenance.

No palliative measures of any kind from  the banks to its Customers in this pandemic season, yet they keep stealing from us and the CBN cares not.

HUSHPUPPI  STILL DEY LEARN!�

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Mayng01(m): 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
I love the part where you say only a fool will open an account with them. E go better for you.

NwaNimo1:
They should return the money with interest!

Thieves......only a fool will open an account with them

Robbers....

[img]https://media./images/5c701d27faf5c39861c2b1efe18f7f51/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by ugwum007(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
I am owing access bank 40k so they can take the balance in my account, do some plus and minus with the money they have been stealing from me.
I am off

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Brushstrokes20: 8:27pm On Jun 28, 2020
...God save una o!....if not, wetin happen for 1759 for have repeat itself o!

#awon eyan hushpuppi!
# ROBBING Peter to pay Paul
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Brighfuture(f): 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Hi
PatrickOkunima:

look for @Joseph okon he's on facebook and instagram
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Ayemileto(m): 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sirheny007:
I have been refunded.
How can you deduct N50 thrice from my account in the name of stamp duty for the month of February?? undecided
Multiply that by the millions of customer's nationwide.

Thieves!

That means you received money above N10,000 3 times within the month of February.

If you receive more than 10k 50 times, Stam duty will be N50 * 50.

Although, I think they combine the transaction if they are coming from the same person on the same day.

It's not really the Bank's fault, but CBN.

The money is been remitted to CBN, the banks are not profiting from it.

if you read the article up there, Access bank decided to pay for you in this case. So they are still paying CBN, even though they refunded you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by OBJlive: 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Not only access bank Fidelity bank stamp duty and card maintainance charges is the worst I have seen.Am considering closing the account for my own good.Fidelity deductions come in for to six deductions in a day
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by philipobiz: 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Jaculze:
Reasons why I bank with Gtbank. I was surprised seeing that people were complaining about them being deducted, I just laugh cos Gtbank can't do such. You're *737*0# away from opening an account with them
Am sure deposit of above n10,000 have not been entering your account. They deduct it but dont give you alert for it. You will only see it when you check your transaction history or reduction in you account balance
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by brainhgeek(m): 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Troubled bank. who asked donate one billion? Now you are frustrating your customers. Just wait let this covid menene go down, you will see Exodus from your bank
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by rottable(m): 8:34pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ate247:
u are a thief.
which one be thief? what about the emotional trauma caused!
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by OBJlive: 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
I have made several unsuccessful attemp to report to Fidelity bank customer care but their customer care line appears to be a scam number
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by KZuby: 8:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
Keep quiet. GT bank has been deducting from me for every deposit that is made into my account since January in the name of stamp duty. And u are here saying thrash.
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Ayemileto(m): 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
Jaculze:

Durr.

GTB don't send alert for it.

Login to GTWorld app, and check your transaction history.

The deductions are there.

Except all the funds you're receiving is below 10k.

This is an example below.

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by chocolatelady(f): 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
They have refunded me. That bank does not waste time at all to deduct money from someone’s account. Funny enough they deducted it yesterday and went ahead to put tomorrow date. This is fraud. Why didn’t they wait till tomorrow to deduct it so that d date will tally. Thank God for the power of social media if not they have deducted that money ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by OBJlive: 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
I want to use this opportunity to call on the central bank of Nigeria check the excesses of these banks even fidelity Bank charges at POS is the worst I have seen.
I am pissed at their services since November 2019 till date
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Ayemileto(m): 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
OBJlive:
Not only access bank Fidelity bank stamp duty and card maintainance charges is the worst I have seen.Am considering closing the account for my own good.Fidelity deductions come in for to six deductions in a day

That means your are receiving more than 10k in your account 4 - 6 times in a day.

Banks are not the owners of this money, it goes to CBN.

For every transaction of N10,000 and above, you get charged N50.

Every bank deduct it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by kaycyor: 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
DAVE5:

I support this motion, I'm getting 200 - 400 naira deductions on my gt daily, e just dey pain me gan

This month alone go don reach 10k for stamp duty or more for that gt

Because for every 10,000 inflow or outflow u get 50 naira stamp duty charge. CBN regulation
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by naturefellow(m): 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2020
DennisEche:
Better because no be we send access bank to donate 1b to the useless scam govt under the watch of the dullard
audio donations! This was their grand plan on how to recoup the funds. It was never donation in the first place - just show!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by zudozz: 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2020
I got mine now.
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by OBJlive: 8:43pm On Jun 28, 2020
I have evidence to prove that Fidelity Bank will soon '"pay'" for these fraudulent deductions
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Ayemileto(m): 8:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
chocolatelady:
They have refunded me. That bank does not waste time at all to deduct money from someone’s account. Funny enough they deducted it yesterday and went ahead to put tomorrow date. This is fraud. Why didn’t they wait till tomorrow to deduct it so that d date will tally. Thank God for the power of social media if not they have deducted that money ooo

Lol. Bank don't register weekend date.

If you withdraw from the ATM or perform any other transaction on a Saturday or Sunday, it's the next Monday's date that will be registered.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions by Ayemileto(m): 8:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
naturefellow:
audio donations! This was their grand plan on how to recoup the funds. It was never donation in the first place - just show!

Stamp duty has nothing to do with donations.

All stamp duty funds go directly to CBN, and it is deducted by every bank for incoming transactions above N10,000.

If you read the article, Access bank will still pay CBN, just that they will pay for their customers from their own pocket.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shade Okoya Celebrates Her 44th Birthday With Stunning Photos / Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN / Arewa, Ohanaeze, Yoruba, Ijaw Youths Reveal Those Trying To Bring Down Air Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.