Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus (39968 Views)

Fg's CAMA Is Anti-church And Should Be Repelled-- Dr Peter Okpe Of Deeper Life / List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun / Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-church Virus – Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by fjjc(m): 11:34am On Jun 29, 2020
Even Pa Adeboye is advised not to get closer to church or large congregation of people because of covid-19, and this yahoo pastor come dey para here. Is God annoyed for not open churches or you that is making huge scam out of it.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by lucasalves: 11:46am On Jun 29, 2020
kuntash:

What your own brains are used for is epic..

Of all he stated, what line are you referring?

The markets that are flooded with humans with unguarded and lack of PPE, you mean the virus attacks people in churches alone?

It's not everything pastors say that you should attack, this comment from this man was not an attack on the govt unless you are proving to lack comprehension..

ignorance on display... the virus have difficulty transmitting in an open air environment while easy to spread in an enclosed place like churches... you can have a religion and not be stupid at the same time. plus markets and food sellers are essential workers guess what happens when people can't get food?? you think there is violence in the country wait till they close markets.. what you would expect from a responsible leader at this time will be words of hope and encouragement to the general public instead of comparing markets and churches as if they are the same thing... who are the sheeps that blindly follow this people self?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Greatzeus(m): 11:51am On Jun 29, 2020
GlorifiedTunde:
There's a simple question Oyedepo is asking. Which is more worse, opening the Churches or the Market?
There's nobody in Nigeria that is hungry because churches were closed,apart from those whose income depended on other people bringing their hard earned money to them, rather people now have enough to save and to take care of their families,since they are not giving their hard earned money to some money grumbling greedy business men.
But millions of Nigerians were hungry and broke when market and businesses were closed. So personally,I don't give a s hit if government open churches or not. As long as businesses and schools are opened.
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Bluntemperor: 11:54am On Jun 29, 2020
solite3:
people need the gospel of Jesus and not churchanity

You can continue to fool yourself without the truth.Tell us,If Jesus did not enter the Temple at all.
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Greatzeus(m): 11:55am On Jun 29, 2020
tillaman:
i hope these pastors are seeing the news I really don’t care about the figure but it’s so clear the virus is still spreading and most of these worship centres won’t adhere to the rules, is it even possible for a church to hold a 1 hour Sunday service? This is more than anybody it’s about the whole nation the pastors should stop thinking about their purses alone, once the spread has been curtailed then you guys can run as many programs as you like!!
Yes it's possible to hold one hour service,one hour is more than enough to collect tithe and offering,that's what 98% of Nigerian churches care about,they don't care about heaven or Holiness.
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2020
samJ2020:
If they are after their pockets and stomachs, it is not your mouth that should say that because you are just talking from a very shallow understanding of who they are... Watch your mouth!!!!
if these men are truly of God and have missed it, let the God who called them deal with them. Dont start a battle with your mouth that you cannot win...

This is what I hate most about you Christians. This passive attitude, especially when a "pastor" is involved.

It is the duty of every Christian to call out false teachers. You will be more liable to be punished for turning a blind eye to false teachings.

The Bible has given us clues to identify false teachers and false teachings. That is why the knowledge of the Word of God is the only tool (sword) that Christians would need to survive the antics of false teachers.

As you can see from my moniker, I am an apostle (a messenger of God) sent forth to scrutinize and expose charlatans like Oyedepo and Adeboye. That is my own calling. To reduce the hold that false teachers have on their listeners. To free as many Christians as possible from the clutches of false teachers who pervert the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ for pecuniary gains.
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by henrybomb(m): 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2020
dayssolalee:

Imagine what you are saying. I know your type -a misplaced and misfit
You can do better
Call me all the names you can and when you are done go back to your hole

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
Bluntemperor:

You can continue to fool yourself without the truth.Tell us,If Jesus did not enter the Temple at all.

A temple and a church are not the same.

A temple is a building, a church is an assembly of God's people.

Temples can be pulled down. The Temple in Jerusalem has been pulled down twice, and up until now, has not been rebuilt.

But a Church is the very body of Christ.

You don't need a building to demonstrate your faith or praise the Most High God. You don't need a priest.

You have everything you need: the Word of God, and the companionship of the Holy Spirit whom Jesus Christ left with us to comfort us.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Billygee2u: 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2020
jaytee01:
We Don tire for all these claims of audio healing of COVID-19 patients.

Any pastor who claims to have the power should indicate, let's take him to meet Okezie Ikpeazu a confirmed case....stop all these audio claims!
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by ajayidayo2012: 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
olaric:

And you had to open your mouth to insult the aforementioned men of God--sons of perdition are not hard to know...

Which stupid men of God? Are u a man of Satan?Your brain has taken leave of u..even the Europeans who "brought" u religion are not keeping their churches..ignorance and stupidity will be your doom...
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by davidswhales(m): 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
Forgness:
You rarely hear Daniel Olukoya of MFM engage in this kind of talks. What I do not understand about Oyedepo is that he dabbles too much into politics. Despite my respect for him, and I know I supported his visions many times in the past, also appreciate his entrepreneurship skills; I started paying less attention to him for directly supporting Jonathan and he was against the Vice president Prof Osinbajo. And till date, Osinbajo has not for once attacked this man. So, I started watching Adeboye (Osinbajo's pastor) to know who he is. And funny, he seems exactly like Osinbajo. I am about assuming that the same spirit lives in Adeboye lives in Osinbajo. The irony is that Oyedepo and Adeboye are close too.

People close to Oyedepo should tell to him to talk less. Let him emulate Daniel Olukoya who does not fight his battles with direct confrontation, but on his knees. You guys should watch it. Daniel doesn't dabble into politics at all, but you dare not rough handle him. You will return to beg him. What has Winners done that MFM has not done? The latter just decided to not acquire too much wealth and he lives his life silently but shaking and mouldings behind the scene on his knees.

"Me, a tire for this oyedepo oooo". Chai!

Eviana, one reason I am looking into churches established a long time ago (Methodist, Anglican, apostolic, Adventist, etc) is cos the hierarchy does not allow one person to command and control people and resources. Most Christians in Nigeria are blind and they follow prosperity preachers anyhow. You need to add to your prayer list this issue. That God should open the eyes of baby Christians. Adventist, Apostolic and Methodist are some of the olden denominations I am so opened to presently.

I just wanted to read through this thread and pass but I was tempted to just quote your post.
"You truly are endowed, you are wise and you should thank God always.
Most Christians in Nigeria are blind and they follow prosperity preachers anyhow. you see this you typed here is the major problem most Christians have. I hope and pray God opens their eyes to see...
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by tillaman(m): 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
Greatzeus:

Yes it's possible to hold one hour service,one hour is more than enough to collect tithe and offering,that's what 98% of Nigerian churches care about,they don't care about heaven or Holiness.
yes I know it’s possible in saner climes but not in Nigeria, yesterday I called a friend of mine around 8:45am so I could barely hear what she was saying due to the church activities going on beside her house, I decided to call her back around 11am they were still singing carry me dey go jehovah carry me dey go dey go it was so loud that from her voice you are can tell that she was so pissed
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Stillthebest: 12:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
shocked

This man is only concerned about church because that's his own pry constituency and a place to harness more money not a place of worship as it is supposed to be, and never cares about any other thing and dying people.

Has he mandated his church members all over the world to go on prayers and fasting for the revival of our land?
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by henrybomb(m): 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
Bevima:
Going through comments from people here, I shows how spiritually blinded and carnal this generation has become. First of all, no matter what a man of God has said, never in your life insult a man of God cos it's like a direct insult to God. Leave him to be judged by God if actually your claims towards him is true. Secondly don't ever compare physical with spiritual matters cos u can't comprehend things of the spirit if u are carnal. Then lastly, he was only trying to say that if marketplaces that people move about unnecessarily from morning till night can be opened why not also open the churches that don't do services all through the week and people don't move about in the church from morning till night. And also there is a greater chance of getting healed in the church than the market. It's just common sense and simple logic. Not everything is about money.
So if a pastor is doing the wrong thing we can’t criticize or insult them we should leave them to God
What about that robber,rapist,murderer or fraudster? Why don’t we leave them to God to judge them too?...Think about it
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by ArcGibson(m): 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
Let's shut down market centers and only open worship centers

People need spiritual food more than physical food. cheesy
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
Very True.
Open our places of worship !
We can handle it with prayers.....!

grin grin

Keep deceiving urself
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Goke7: 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
Digital101:

You can't compare winners with MFM, winners have more members than MFM and more influential.

that is why the bishop is lamenting, the influence and numbers will reduce grin
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by mentored: 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2020
One4me:

Churches have been given a template to work with, if they want to re-open but they all rejected it. They just want a blank cheque!

And you still dont understand how this Virus operates, that is why you think just worshiping in the open is a solution!
Concentration of Static people, undergoing rigorous kinetic activity, especially if it involves the Oral cavity, is a magnet for spreading the Virus.
Its all about "Viral Load"

Some activities like Sport (kinetic ) make the person produce very high Viral load, than if the person is just relaxing.
Dancing and Singing in Church is a similar activity.

If Churches can do their Service in the open while maintainig Social Distancing and they are not too many (large crowds is a No-No), maybe they can mitigate the danger of spreading infection among themselves but l will advice against it.
Its not a do or die affair to start Church now, why the desperation to open now?
What is the compelling reason for these Open-Now Pastors?
Maybe they think we will all die at home, if we dont come to Church soon. grin grin

Churches and mosques are open in the East and most parts of the north

They haven’t died

Even services are going on in winners chapel Abuja.

But Lagos continues to have the largest numbers

You can’t explain it away

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 29, 2020
glink2015:
I don't know the rationale behind this locked down of a place of worship in lagos and Ogun state...Even in the hit of the pandemic, the Fulani people never lockdown their mosque neither do the Igbo people lockdown their church, but Yoruba people are just something else. I don't think the governor of Ogun and Lagos State can justify the ongoing lockdown of worship centers in and around the State.
Probably, the CAN should petition or sue the two State government....

The Irony about the lockdown of the Christian worship center is that some of those that have been won for Jesus Christ can go back to the world because of lack of fellowship with the brethren...

U are very likely daft sha
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by mentored: 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
Blackmoran:
so if you are the government you will open school, church and close the market.. I hail you ooo.. Can church and schools survive without market? If you know chop how you wan dey alive.. I greet you Mr church...

Weldone Sir

At least Mr P

Ajimobi

Abba kyari et all

None contacted COVID in the church
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by desiredhome: 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
samJ2020:
If they are after their pockets and stomachs, it is not your mouth that should say that because you are just talking from a very shallow understanding of who they are... Watch your mouth!!!!
if these men are truly of God and have missed it, let the God who called them deal with them. Dont start a battle with your mouth that you cannot win...

This is one of the brainwash statement they deceive you with, "allow God to judge, touch not rubbish etc" as if God is coming any time to deal with them......the people seeing and complaining of their evil/fraudsters they are is the God talking to them but their greed will not allow them (the God of their belly)..........
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
GlorifiedTunde:
There's a simple question Oyedepo is asking. Which is more worse, opening the Churches or the Market?

Hes asking a very stupid question.

Church is not an essential service in anyway.

Oyedepo is only interested in making money from the church, that's why he's crying
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by desiredhome: 1:13pm On Jun 29, 2020
Bluntemperor:

What truth are you talking about? Do you even know what the truth is?
Jesus is not a fraudster.... Jesus gave to the people while your Pastorprenour collect from people even in time of crisis.....what else can you describe as wickedness?
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by BotherMleeper(m): 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
olaric:

Son of perdition repent while there's still some time to do so.

Lols

Repent to your impotent gods?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by unmask: 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2020
GlorifiedTunde:
both....he should be advocating that markets should be closed
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Judybash93(m): 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
The level of ignorance exhibited by some Nigerian citizens is mind blowing undecided
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Must you display your lunatisms in your comments....anyway, that's who you are.
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Must you display your lunatisms in your comments....anyway, that's who you are
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by gwama2: 2:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
Pastor, market and church do not have the same role, market nourishes body, church nourishes the soul, that is why the State made this good decision. cool cool cool
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
adenigga:

Churches!
Odmic2839:
Why are you talking like this If the market does not open then how do you want us to survive? Is church a must.... we can all pray at home till all this pandemic is over. Let learn and not to be sentimental about this
ProtectMyMoney:

Market feeds people.

Churches feed only Pastors because every other Church worker works for free as they claim they are working for God so they don't feed from the Church.
Blackmoran:
opening the church is more worse if you have your thinking cap on... How can you argue that market shouldn't be open, can you survive without the market it is essential in day to day survival and it has economic benefit.... So what benefit does the church brings economically for us? if you are spiritual and you think you need to be In a special kind of building before your prayer can be heard then there no difference in you practicing occultism..
MartinsOnyx:
Nobody will die from not going to church or mosque, but there would be hunger in the land if markets get shut. U get?
jstan360:
...you should say which is more rational...I think you know the answer to that!
florixi:

@GlorifiedTunde

If you believe that until when you enter a church that's when your prayer can be answered then you are not a christian with authority. Bible describe our body as temple of God and where two or three are gather HE is there . So why do you want to open a church why multitude would converge during a pandemic?

Market is where you buy and sell with your physical money for ESSENTIAL THINGS (FOOD)

So be the judge can you go to church without FOOD?
TrebleChamp:
If Government close market, what would Nigerians eat? You can always pray in the comfort of your home as Christian or Muslim but you can't buy all the food stuff you need from your own house. It's common logic my broda....
Pataricatering:
becos I can come and buy yam and garri in ur church ?
Pataricatering:
becos I can come and buy yam and garri in ur church ?
Greatzeus:

There's nobody in Nigeria that is hungry because churches were closed,apart from those whose income depended on other people bringing their hard earned money to them, rather people now have enough to save and to take care of their families,since they are not giving their hard earned money to some money grumbling greedy business men.
But millions of Nigerians were hungry and broke when market and businesses were closed. So personally,I don't give a s hit if government open churches or not. As long as businesses and schools are opened.
PrecisionFx:

Hes asking a very stupid question.

Church is not an essential service in anyway.

Oyedepo is only interested in making money from the church, that's why he's crying

Ok guys, I didn't want to respond before but i think I have to clear the air on my question vis-a-vis Oyedepo's comments.

No one is saying the market is not important!
and..
No one said the Church is more important than the market!
let's be logical here...

All Oyedepo is saying is, if you can keep the markets open without any caution, social distancing, age limit, face-mask inspection, use of sanitizers etc.. what makes opening the church more worse than that?

You and I know that the Churches will still put better measures in place than the market.

And I'm sorry if you're not a religious/spiritual person, I don't think your submission on this matter should be biased because of that.

Motorparks, markets, workplaces, etc are now open for everyone without the government inspecting compliance to measures, why must the church be closed then?

This is a simple logical question that should be devoid of religious sentiments (even though its a religion topic).

And to all those claiming Oyedepo wants more money, I'm sorry to burst your bubble - Millions of people watch the DOMI services online from over 150 countries every Sundays, and pay their Tithes and Offerings through the online payment platform or USSD.

Just so you are informed and come out of that ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
lomprico:

fish brain.

Must you display your lunatisms in your comments....anyway, that's who you are
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by gwama2: 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2020
olaric:

And you had to open your mouth to insult the aforementioned men of God--sons of perdition are not hard to know...

MEN OF GOD OR GODS OF MEN?? cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Victor Ativie: Osinachi Nwachukwu's Husband Hid Money Paid To Her (Video) / Frank Edwards And Don Moen In The Studio - Photos / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.