Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus (39927 Views)

Fg's CAMA Is Anti-church And Should Be Repelled-- Dr Peter Okpe Of Deeper Life / List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun / Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-church Virus – Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by nazablossom(f): 7:15am On Jun 29, 2020
How can he compare church to market?

It's good that churches are closed for now, so that people can start using their God given sense for once.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by uchennaq(m): 7:15am On Jun 29, 2020
amrichy:
Why didn't he also say that Lagos and Ogun are infected with "Anti-School" virus?
I don't blame him: it's clear he's only concerned about his business.

The reason government couldn't keep markets locked down for long is quite simple: market serves as an INDISPENSABLE center for food distribution (and every fool knows FOOD IS VITAL FOR SURVIVAL). On the other hand, we can close down religious centers forever and nothing will do us. In fact, our society will progress as a result. Who church or mosque help if not the clerics!

True talk. He is just selfish, the same way a man of God entered politics. Look at him, who does he think he is fooling.
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by mentored: 7:17am On Jun 29, 2020
One4me:

Aside that, the Market are open places, The Virus is less contagious in open places, compared to closed and confined places, which is what the Church is.

Also, in the Market, people are not putting out a high viral load as they would do in a Church, for example when singing in unison, on top of their voices. That is when the most damage is done in a Church.

Church/Mosque remain closed for now, Oyedepo "Go and Die" (Oshiomole's voice) if you don tlike it. tongue

If the church decides to worship in open places some mouths will still open and spill out other logics

Churches have not even been allowed to roll out their social distancing plans.

Many of us are here making assumptions.

‘Go and Die’

Hmmmm

He who has ears .......
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by samsard(m): 7:17am On Jun 29, 2020
olaric:

And you had to open your mouth to insult the aforementioned men of God--sons of perdition are not hard to know...
And you're a son of ignorance.
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:18am On Jun 29, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
Very True.
Open our places of worship !
We can handle it with prayers.....!

Church and Food which can you do without Hunger go kill you ,if Saudi and Uae can shut down their mosques even where the kings and prince pray, you all must be religiously deluded in Nigeria, with all the fervent prayers and worships,’it’s still a shit hole..

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by tomdon(m): 7:18am On Jun 29, 2020
henrybomb:
Obviously people like Oyedepo and Oyakilome have missed it completely up there.
They keep attacking the government to open up churches because of their selfish reason I don’t know what they are using their brains for.
Let them all come together and pray for the nation and the world in general they should stop making a foolery of themselves

Do you want them to go into recession?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Bevima: 7:21am On Jun 29, 2020
Going through comments from people here, I shows how spiritually blinded and carnal this generation has become. First of all, no matter what a man of God has said, never in your life insult a man of God cos it's like a direct insult to God. Leave him to be judged by God if actually your claims towards him is true. Secondly don't ever compare physical with spiritual matters cos u can't comprehend things of the spirit if u are carnal. Then lastly, he was only trying to say that if marketplaces that people move about unnecessarily from morning till night can be opened why not also open the churches that don't do services all through the week and people don't move about in the church from morning till night. And also there is a greater chance of getting healed in the church than the market. It's just common sense and simple logic. Not everything is about money.
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by OBku4(m): 7:23am On Jun 29, 2020
jaytee01:
No problem.....Peter Okoye is still available for a miracle!

Stop all this stupidity abeg. U not making sense
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:24am On Jun 29, 2020
Open the churches...open the schools!

Open the churches...open the schools!

Open the churches....open the schools!

#Singing#

OPEN THE CHURCHES! OPEN THE SCHOOLS!

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Jiokejohn: 7:25am On Jun 29, 2020
Divoc:

The bishop said , “Can anybody silence the church? Never ! I have never heard of anybody that God healed in the market but people get healed in every church day and night , real tangible healing. We have recorded 114 coronavirus healing testimonies . We got 10 this week .

https://punchng.com/lagos-ogun-now-infected-with-anti-church-virus-oyedepo/

Who am I to challenge Oyedepo's claim!
I suggest that federal isolation centre should be established in Living faith auditorium Cana land. All covid-19 patients, suspects and related cases all over the federation should be redeployed to Oyedepo's Cana land to receive this massive healing.
With this new arrangement, Nigeria will be Covid-19 free in less than a month. And many people will embrace Oyedepo's Church as the only true church nationwide.
May Oyedepo warmly accept this my proposal and NCDC endorse it!

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by amrichy(m): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2020
mentored:

Interesting

So the rationale behind opening the market is for you to survive right

But when you go to church you stand a chance to die.

Thinking cap ko Agbada cap ni

Schools can not be opened because students will contact corona virus

But same children are selling in the markets
Try to be reasonable!
Most people will suffer seriously if markets were closed down for too long. MARKETS ARE INDISPENSABLE!
Only the pastors will suffer (as you can see from the way Oledepo is lamenting) if churches are closed down for a substantially long period of time. CHURCHES ARE TOTALLY DISPENSABLE!

Oledepo is only concerned about his BUSINESS, he doesn't care about you.
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by MartinsOnyx(m): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2020
GlorifiedTunde:
There's a simple question Oyedepo is asking. Which is more worse, opening the Churches or the Market?
Nobody will die from not going to church or mosque, but there would be hunger in the land if markets get shut. U get?
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by desiredhome: 7:27am On Jun 29, 2020
manuelreports:

The are not your problem, your Government is economical with truth about the whole saga so they should allow people worship their God. After all nobody forced any body to pay tithe and offering
You are still deep in your darkness....you and your blind/closed mind is the problem not the government........
Maybe he is jelous that his own market is closed while the other markets are open......
Pastorpreours....
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by henrybomb(m): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2020
mentored:

Henry were kwa nwanyo

Throwing insults not necessarily.

We know that worshipping at home and worshipping in the temple are not the same thing.

Especially in this cold weather.

Some people have started first service awake and finally woke up to ‘surely goodness and mercy of last service’ in the houses.

The worst lie is the lie you tell yourself.
Am I truly a practicing Christian/Muslim in this lockdown
Nwokem I agree with you completely but they should have better ways to send their information not in a lucid manner.
Imagine the other one saying telling his congregation that 5G causes corona virus and the lockdown is to install 5G mast just imagine the level of intelligence.
The best thing they can do is to guide and redirect people in the way of the Lord
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Blackmoran(m): 7:30am On Jun 29, 2020
mentored:

Interesting

So the rationale behind opening the market is for you to survive right

But when you go to church you stand a chance to die.

Thinking cap ko Agbada cap ni

Schools can not be opened because students will contact corona virus

But same children are selling in the markets
so if you are the government you will open school, church and close the market.. I hail you ooo.. Can church and schools survive without market? If you know chop how you wan dey alive.. I greet you Mr church...
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Goke7: 7:31am On Jun 29, 2020
WHITELIGHTER:
I used to respect this man, but now that's gone. All he's after now is reopening of churches, he is not bothered about any other thing. That's plain selfishness. I was expecting some sensible ideas from his likes on how we can recover as a nation. How will he be comparing markets and churches in a time like this?

Well, they are scared that the longer people stay away from church buildings the more the understand that God actually dwells in the heart of man, not in the buildings of the church.

you've said it all. They are all a disappointment to Christianity

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Akaujaa(m): 7:33am On Jun 29, 2020
Does this same Oyedepo also know that schools have also been on lockdown? I still do not understand why people think that to worship God and serve God perfectly, you must assemble in one building together.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by henrybomb(m): 7:33am On Jun 29, 2020
Emma1Oj:
wen someone present a case bfor u access the whole situation before u place ur judgement. dis ur comment sound and look senseless and illogical.
Your sensible comment where has it lead you to?
Read and comprehend if not go back to your hole
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by henrybomb(m): 7:35am On Jun 29, 2020
Goke7:

you've said it all. They are all a disappointment to Christianity
Yet some people thought my comment was senseless and illogical.
You said it all
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Lexusgs430: 7:35am On Jun 29, 2020
Why is Oyedepo, not attacking the UK government?.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by henrybomb(m): 7:36am On Jun 29, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Why is Oyedepo, not attacking the UK government?.....
I love this angle you just pointed out
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by haffaze777(m): 7:37am On Jun 29, 2020
This scammer again

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by henrybomb(m): 7:43am On Jun 29, 2020
olaric:

And you had to open your mouth to insult the aforementioned men of God--sons of perdition are not hard to know...
Sorry oh
So they are always correct because they are men of God?
He should go ahead and criticize the government of the Uk then we will know he is audible enough

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by God2man2again(m): 7:45am On Jun 29, 2020
Bevima:
Going through comments from people here, I shows how spiritually blinded and carnal this generation has become. First of all, no matter what a man of God has said, never in your life insult a man of God cos it's like a direct insult to God. Leave him to be judged by God if actually your claims towards him is true. Secondly don't ever compare physical with spiritual matters cos u can't comprehend things of the spirit if u are carnal. Then lastly, he was only trying to say that if marketplaces that people move about unnecessarily from morning till night can be opened why not also open the churches that don't do services all through the week and people don't move about in the church from morning till night. And also there is a greater chance of getting healed in the church than the market. It's just common sense and simple logic. Not everything is about money.

The first place to lockdown is the worship center, the question is why?

Churches are even more important because people can received healing in Churches than the effort of State Government health workers.

Churches can organize healing or deliverance prayer meeting specifically against Covid-19.

Governors of both state, Lagos and Ogun should reconsider their stands on this issue of lockdown of worship centres.

We should not forget the popular slogan: Doctors care but God heals.
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by martowskin1(m): 7:46am On Jun 29, 2020
glink2015:
I don't know the rationale behind this locked down of a place of worship in lagos and Ogun state...Even in the hit of the pandemic, the Fulani people never lockdown their mosque neither do the Igbo people lockdown their church, but Yoruba people are just something else. I don't think the governor of Ogun and Lagos State can justify the ongoing lockdown of worship centers in and around the State.
Probably, the CAN should petition or sue the two State government....

The Irony about the lockdown of the Christian worship center is that some of those that have been won for Jesus Christ can go back to the world because of lack of fellowship with the brethren...

Does Nigeria look like a country where people are serving God?

U people should keep deceiving ur selves. I used to have respect for a lot of pastors, but during this pandemic, their utrances make one thing clear.... They are not much different from an average Nigerian.... Reasoning ability is still low.

One thing i realise this pastors are not much different from our politicians... Selfish interests.

They didn't talk about how to open our schools, of which our children have been at home for too long.... They are shouting church....

Nigeria is doomed... Even the church has failed

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by One4me: 7:48am On Jun 29, 2020
mentored:

If the church decides to worship in open places some mouths will still open and spill out other logics

Churches have not even been allowed to roll out their social distancing plans.

Many of us are here making assumptions.

‘Go and Die’

Hmmmm

He who has ears .......

Churches have been given a template to work with, if they want to re-open but they all rejected it. They just want a blank cheque!

And you still dont understand how this Virus operates, that is why you think just worshiping in the open is a solution!
Concentration of Static people, undergoing rigorous kinetic activity, especially if it involves the Oral cavity, is a magnet for spreading the Virus.
Its all about "Viral Load"

Some activities like Sport (kinetic ) make the person produce very high Viral load, than if the person is just relaxing.
Dancing and Singing in Church is a similar activity.

If Churches can do their Service in the open while maintainig Social Distancing and they are not too many (large crowds is a No-No), maybe they can mitigate the danger of spreading infection among themselves but l will advice against it.
Its not a do or die affair to start Church now, why the desperation to open now?
What is the compelling reason for these Open-Now Pastors?
Maybe they think we will all die at home, if we dont come to Church soon. grin grin
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by honeyB2018: 7:50am On Jun 29, 2020
post=91184299:
Our humble submission on this came from no where else but the same HOLY BIBLE

Even when the government wants to kill you?
Don't misquote the bible. Alot of you, don't know what the Bishop is talking about. He's already made, with the church and without the church, Oyedepo is big and he is big, nothing anyone, except God can do about it. If his church in Lagos and Ogun states are not running, others elsewhere is.
But the spiritual aspect of the followers life is what matters. You may not know, because you are not involved.
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Bluntemperor: 7:51am On Jun 29, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
Very True.
Open our places of worship !
We can handle it with prayers.....!

The Bishop has been vindicated!
But the foolish will think otherwise.In the olden days,the authority will always seek the Church position of things before embarking on real life issues but today,through social media,internet etc,you stay in your room and dish out venoms in disguise of freedom!
Even this government non-committal on many issues facing Nigerians today has not help us in this wise.
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by One4me: 7:52am On Jun 29, 2020
God2man2again:

The first place to lockdown is the worship center, the question is why?

Churches are even more important because people can received healing in Churches than the effort of State Government health workers.

Churches can organize healing or deliverance prayer meeting specifically against Covid-19.

Governors of both state, Lagos and Ogun should reconsider their stands on this issue of lockdown of worship centres.

We should not forget the popular slogan: Doctors care but God heals.

How many Covid-19 Patients have your Pastor healed in the last four Months, with his Deliverance?
Govt is short of medical staff, maybe these Pastors like Oyedepo should do a bit of volunteer work in Covid Centers
grin grin undecided
Until they do that, they should not claim any Power of deliverance no one can verify.

I am sure we can all continue to use ZOOM to attend Virtual Sunday Services or watch them on TV, till things get better.
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Johnson5258: 7:53am On Jun 29, 2020
You can't be healed without believing, physical appearing is far fetched. When you believe, you will be healed.

jaytee01:
We Don tire for all these claims of audio healing of COVID-19 patients.

Any pastor who claims to have the power should indicate, let's take him to meet Okezie Ikpeazu a confirmed case....stop all these audio claims!
Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by AtorKelly(m): 7:54am On Jun 29, 2020
I guess it's only the churches in Lagos and Ogun State that can heal Covid 19 patients?... Or it's the Covid 19 virus only spreading in Lagos and Ogun State?...
What about all the Churches that are currently opened all over the country? How many people have they healed?... Except Lagos and Ogun State, all other states have opened their places of worship, so why are healings not taking place in these churches?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus by Naijaepic: 7:56am On Jun 29, 2020
Thank God, Nigeria or part of Nigeria will have been throw into inferno! if both the two state governor are Muslim adherent.

glink2015:
I don't know the rationale behind this locked down of a place of worship in lagos and Ogun state...Even in the hit of the pandemic, the Fulani people never lockdown their mosque neither do the Igbo people lockdown their church, but Yoruba people are just something else. I don't think the governor of Ogun and Lagos State can justify the ongoing lockdown of worship centers in and around the State.
Probably, the CAN should petition or sue the two State government....

The Irony about the lockdown of the Christian worship center is that some of those that have been won for Jesus Christ can go back to the world because of lack of fellowship with the brethren...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / T.B Joshua "Predicted Crash Of Russian Plane"(watch Video) / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Shoprite's Looting In Nigeria Over Xenophobia In SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.