Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death (48513 Views)

Fuel Subsidy: We Played Politics With 2012 Occupy Nigeria – Fayemi / Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) / Florence Ajimobi: My Husband, Abiola Cheated Twice And I Forgave Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by phemy36(m): 7:06am On Jun 29, 2020
jarawa:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/makinde-played-politics-with-my-husbands-death-florence-ajimobi.html

Details have emerged as to the real reasons behind the unfriendly disposition of the family of the late governor of Oyo State, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, to the incumbent Governor Seyi Makinde.
Ajimobi, 70, was buried in his Oluyole, Ibadan residence, on Sunday.
 Tongues started wagging on Sunday when a video went viral in which the former First Lady, Mrs. Florence Ajimobi, raised dust over the failure of Makinde to reach out to her since the sickness and eventual demise of her husband, Senator Abiola Ajimobi.
In the said video, the former First Lady was seen accusing Makinde and his deputy, Rauf Olaniyan, an engineer, of failing to reach out to her.
But sources knowledgeable about happenings in Oyo State confirmed that the Governor was actually frustrated out of his bid to take good care of his predecessor.
“Governor Makinde, on hearing of the sickness of his predecessor asked one of his Special Advisers to make contact and establish the true situation.  The said Adviser got in contact with the Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Obafemi Hamzat, after attempts to reach the former First Lady failed”.
Sources said that Hamzat’s intervention led to the communication of the phone number of a personal physician to the late former Governor to the Adviser who transmitted same to Makinde.
It was learned that through the Commissioner for Health in Oyo State, the governor invited the said personal physician, who happens to be the wife of a politician and former office holder in the Ajimobi administration.
The said doctor, while she was on her was to the Government House in Ibadan, was said to have told her husband, who immediately asked her to abandon the trip to the Government House and go to Lagos.
That effort stalled, Makinde again requested for and put calls through to the former First Lady, who ignored the calls.
The governor was then said to have reached out to his colleague in Lagos, Babajide Sanwoolu, for interface.
It was gathered that the interface between the family and Sanwoolu did not go through as the former First Lady again stalled.
Sources further said that with the obvious determination of the former First Lady not to carry Oyo State Government along in the health situation of her husband, Makinde had to hand every other thing over to Sanwoolu in Lagos saying: “My brother, I leave everything in your hands. Look after him for us as a state and if there is anything I should do, I am just a phone call away.”
Upon hearing of the eventual demise of Ajimobi on Thursday, Makinde was again said to have reached out to the former First Lady, who never picked nor returned any of his several calls.
Nonetheless, the governor, who was in Benin City, Edo State for a PDP assignment immediately directed the state flag be flown at half-mast in honour of Ajimobi.
He further explained: “I was in the know that the governor was about calling a special Exco session to decide on the best way to immortalise the departed governor but the uncooperative posture from the former First lady stalled all that.
“What happened thereafter was that the Governor of Oyo received calls from Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, who broke the news of the death of Ajimobi to the governor and then requested that the family had asked him to plead with Makinde to release the controversial Quarter 361 with adjoining Plots B and C totalling 23,627 sqm (about 48 plots) which was part of the illegally acquired land revoked by the state government in February this year.
“Governor Makinde wasted no time in telling the Vice President that the land in question is under litigation and that it was the same late Ajimobi who filed a suit against the government over the revocation of the controversial plot of land.
“After Osinbajo’s call to Governor Makinde came the call of former President Olusegun Obasanjo on the same matter, other governors and other well- meaning leaders of both the PDP and APC.
“Governor Makinde only stated the situation of things as per the fact that the house in question is under litigation and it would amount to toying with the power of the courts to allow such burial there. The governor was also said to have confirmed that bodies are by law not to be buried in a GRA like Agodi and even Oluyole estate. He, however, was said to have told the statesmen who called that he had nothing against burying the former governor in Oluyole Estate, where he lived till he died.
“You can see that it is baffling that all the efforts of Governor Makinde on the Ajimobi matter were rebuffed. The former First Lady cannot even understand the state protocol after eight years in Government House. She needed to first inform the sitting Governor about her husband’s sickness and then the eventual demise. There should be no excuse for that lapse.
“I am sure her anger against Makinde is because he refused to allow her gain ownership of Quarter 361 through the back door. You want to wonder why a woman who just lost her husband would be concerned about something as ephemeral as property.”
The source concluded by saying that the attempt to blackmail Makinde will not stand.

8 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by jummex8228(f): 7:06am On Jun 29, 2020
Follygunners:
Mrs. Entitled Fool, your corrupt husband played politics with Ayefele and millions of poor, innocent Oyo citizens.

Many of them are less privileged, poor, impoverished, limited access to basic infrastructures and have been sent to their early graves as a result.

May Ojuelegba Thunder fire you and your dead husband in hell where he currently resides. angry

What is the color of your problem?.
Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by toprealman: 7:07am On Jun 29, 2020
Madam allow this shii to rest abeg. Women should learn how to use their "weapon" to foster peace and harmony rather than using it to fan the embers of discord.

2 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by Hotguy27: 7:07am On Jun 29, 2020
Rilwayne001:

You sounding like a rascal and really unintelligent. He was a former governor of the state, an immediate one at that. The onus is on the current governor to take the whole burial upon itself. The family isn't to be treated like an outcast or just a nobody. Her family served Oyo state for good 8years and even if shorter. Makinde goofed on this and he's starting to appear power drunk, very unlike he was before getting elected. Too bad.

Stop fuming like this. The woman is just dramatizing and politicising her husband's death. Is she not aware that even the Gov Fayemi that led other governors to her house played politics with husband's sickness and the subsequent death? What does she want when she does not even have the current governor or his deputy's phone numbers?

Let her just allow her emotions to be overruled by her reasoning so she can mourn her dead husband peacefully.

8 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by Follygunners: 7:09am On Jun 29, 2020
jummex8228:

What is the color of your problem?.

Go ask Ajimobi for him grave.

4 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by nadiq1: 7:10am On Jun 29, 2020
Abi

happybrother:
From the way I see it ,Her Excellency should not be angry with anyone over giving her encouragement or coming to sign condolence register because some people find is hard to pretend even when it involves death.
Moreso, the husband was not killed by anyone. He died his death as each man will one day die.
Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by traihit: 7:11am On Jun 29, 2020
ntyce:

That's a lie.

Ayefele did a program on radio yesterday, he explained all that happened as per the demolition.
Ajimobi took blame for what wasn't his fault.
The 2 settled and moved on amicably.
Ajimobi after the incident attended Ayefele's children naming ceremony.
According to Yinka, they both developed a cordial relationship after the incident

Not only Ayefele alone. Another popular broadcaster in Ibadan yesterday referenced what happened dring Ajimobi's first tenure. Most governors have bad aides, themselves are not so demonic. But the reputation that had been destroyed can hardly be rebuilt. I've heard of some other individual encounters with Ajimobi and all you'll see is someone with a heart of dove. Power indeed has so many downsides.
Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by Hotguy27: 7:11am On Jun 29, 2020
ntyce:

The truth is if Seyi Makinde desperately wanted to talk to her, he knows the channel to reach.
She's a woman who's mourning her husband's death.
Her state of mind is the cause.

Why should a sitting governor be DESPERATE to talk to her?

7 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by BABANGBALI: 7:13am On Jun 29, 2020
Rubbish talk. The governor does not owe you or your husband any visit or phone call whatsoever . Body just dey pepper you because you know that with the death of your husband, you are no more relevant in Oyo state and Nigeria as a whole. With the death of your husband, your car engine don knock be that.

7 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by flyingpig: 7:13am On Jun 29, 2020
jidamsel43:
Death is inevitable and it brings an end to a life story.
Political rivalry and bitterness shouldn't be extended to death issue.

Makinde owns Ajimobi's family an apology for his failure to condole with the bereaved family

Come and force the apology out of his mouth na

5 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by dejiavu(m): 7:13am On Jun 29, 2020
Life is mystery, whatvgoes around comes around. A woman in such an emotional state of mind is never in the right mind to speak. We can excuse her for her emotional outburst because that is women for you.

If the state government cannot get through to her on her phone or send a text message a condolence visit by the Governor or his representative would have suffice that is in line with Government protocols as ex Governor of the state irrespective of political difference.

May God grant your husband eternal rest and the whole family the grace to bear this oireparablr loss. Take solace in the fact that he lived a fulfilled life and left you with grown up kids that can be by your side.
Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by BABANGBALI: 7:16am On Jun 29, 2020
Rilwayne001:

You sounding like a rascal and really unintelligent. He was a former governor of the state, an immediate one at that. The onus is on the current governor to take the whole burial upon itself. The family isn't to be treated like an outcast or just a nobody. Her family served Oyo state for good 8years and even if shorter. Makinde goofed on this and he's starting to appear power drunk, very unlike he was before getting elected. Too bad.
pele. Take drink water, sorry you hear?

6 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by Sultty(m): 7:17am On Jun 29, 2020
Biitch make we hear word

2 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by DonPablo007(m): 7:17am On Jun 29, 2020
Possiblegee:
I know you will still complain that trump, Kanye west and many more didn’t call you....

Thunder fire you woman if na me be makinde I no go even send any condolence or even attend the burial I no go even send anybody to represent me self idiot woman ,let the dead bury themselves thunder fire you woman ...idiot day drag space for person way don die
you can't be makinde in the first place so what are we saying
Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by Sensitivity: 7:18am On Jun 29, 2020
jidamsel43:
Death is inevitable and it brings an end to a life story.
Political rivalry and bitterness shouldn't be extended to death issue.

Makinde owns Ajimobi's family an apology for his failure to condole with the bereaved family
Makinde doesn't owe anybody any shit!

3 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by TrueNigerian300: 7:18am On Jun 29, 2020
ajbf:
All these because governor did not approve that a litigated property at Agodi GRA to massage your ego.
Madam played to the gallery. You said you were not called to console you, they told you that they called you and not even once, you made another demand that you were not texted. But the Deputy Governor was there in person.
Even you madam, since your husband has died and even on the day you were burying you husband ( on Sunday oo), you can't even honour him my close your family businesses. Supermarket was opened as Ajimobi was being buried.
Uncultured mouth running in the family

Are you sure about the bolded
I am not sure any reasonable person will do that

2 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by jummex8228(f): 7:19am On Jun 29, 2020
Follygunners:

Nawa ooo, no vex with a dead man. After all he is dead
Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by Frankcallys(m): 7:19am On Jun 29, 2020
But all you politicians and people in government has been playing politics with the lives of the poor masses. Why wouldn't he do same? You people are very good in playing politics with our lives. Leave them and mourn your late husband in peace

3 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 29, 2020
DonPablo007:
you can't be makinde in the first place so what are we saying
neither can you be Pablo or even a mere Don ,so why did you slide in my mention nuisance seeking for attention?
Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by peeps4u: 7:22am On Jun 29, 2020
ntyce:

The truth is if Seyi Makinde desperately wanted to talk to her, he knows the channel to reach.

Desperately?

May be the governor shoukd have gone to rhe hospital while Ajimobi was in the hospital?

Don't forget Ajimobi was yet to be dead that time the wife was talking about? When she faiked to pick the Governor's number, should the governor have gone to Ajimobi's house to greet the wife over her husband sickness or be more 'desperate' and gone to the hospital Ajimobi was?

7 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by galaxy2020(m): 7:22am On Jun 29, 2020
This woman should just bury her husband with peace, the man is dead, makinde or anyone else cannot bring back ur husband.

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by Wantedmiller: 7:24am On Jun 29, 2020
ajbf:
All these because governor did not approve that a litigated property at Agodi GRA to massage your ego.
Madam played to the gallery. You said you were not called to console you, they told you that they called you and not even once, you made another demand that you were not texted. But the Deputy Governor was there in person.
Even you madam, since your husband has died and even on the day you were burying you husband ( on Sunday oo), you can't even honour him my close your family businesses. Supermarket was opened as Ajimobi was being buried.
Uncultured mouth running in the family

Is that the way you run your own business.......Shut down supermarket because of burial?

Abeg change that mindset
Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by nature4c: 7:25am On Jun 29, 2020
Pls madam take it easy. Morn your hubby as God want it.
Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by Dpharisee: 7:25am On Jun 29, 2020
And she didn't think that Tinubu's Nation Newspaper and members of the dissolved NWC which was releasing statements using her husband's name during the APC crisis didn't play politics with her using her husband.
Haba Madam, stop playing politics with your husband's death.
Imagine you don't answer unknown numbers because you are a politician wife, how did you run your fake Pet Project as first lady if people can't have access to you.

3 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by Dpharisee: 7:28am On Jun 29, 2020
ntyce:

Desperately, even when they called and she said she doesn't pick unknown numbers and asked why didn't they text her? cool

2 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 29, 2020
Rilwayne001:

while you dig up his grave and give him a royal burial sip this and reminisce why he was never able to build a standard hospital in his own state that he had to be flown Lagos and then flown back to his own state dead grin I no blame you I know say na the rice and indomie way him for distribute for the next election you day miss already

3 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by mercyland93(m): 7:30am On Jun 29, 2020
See rubbish talk, he should have text you when you couldn't pick the calls. Because he doesn't have any other issues to settle in the state.
Who ever know that Mr Ajimobi is about to go to the great beyond about a month ago(nobody knows, only God).

Even wen the family hide his sickness to the entire populace( as it's been rumoured slightly more than a month ago that Ajimobi has contacted corona). It wasn't disclosed until about three weeks ago.

Eventually u carried him to Lagos cus u don't trust Oyo state health system in which past government ( including Ajimobi's government also) contributed to its present sorry state.

Is it Ajimobi that put Makinde to be a governor?.
Nooooo.

Pls, leave this man alone allow him to settle the masses that voted for him and let him tackle the lingering crises(pandemic) that is battling the state..

2 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by Follygunners: 7:40am On Jun 29, 2020
jummex8228:

Nawa ooo, no vex with a dead man. After all he is dead

I don't care abt some dead corrupt lunatic. May he rot in hell for all I care! angry

I care more abt the lost innocent souls that suffered and died due to his looting and corruption. angry

So many citizens couldn't afford quality healthcare, education, water supply, shelter, food, clothing, good roads, yet, he refused to pay salaries, wages and pensions of hard working citizens. All cuz he and his families need to live a luxurious and frivolous lifestyle. E no go better for am and ll his generations! angry

If you're so worried abt this, you can relief him of the burden of the innocent voices curse... I can send them your way if you don't mind. cool

Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by ntyce(m): 7:41am On Jun 29, 2020
Hotguy27:

Why should a sitting governor be DESPERATE to talk to her?

Brother, if Seyi had needed her input maybe towards re-election, he would reach her.
Most politicians don't pick unknown numbers that doesn't mean they don't get to talk to those who don't have their contact.
They know the channel to take...
Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by jummex8228(f): 7:41am On Jun 29, 2020
Follygunners:

You don't need bitterness .it's too risky for your health.afterall, the man is dead.
Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by omoadeleye(m): 7:47am On Jun 29, 2020
This woman should just stfu, and they should just stop posting her bullshits, they are too frivolous
Re: Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death by Follygunners: 7:48am On Jun 29, 2020
jummex8228:

You don't need bitterness .it's too risky for your health.afterall, the man is dead.

Go tell that to the millions of the innocent souls that are suffering and demised. If you need ur share of Ojuelegba Thunder, I'll gladly send it your way. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Declares Adamawa Governorship Election Inconclusive / Mr Ibu And Kanu Nwankwo Participate In Wike's 2nd Term Novelty Match(photos) / Can You Identify MKO Abiola And Obasanjo In This Throwback Photo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.