Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick (35164 Views)

FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools / Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba / No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by ThatFairGuy1: 7:56am On Jul 01, 2020
Minjim:

The danger in the school is the same danger on the streets and markets.

When I go to markets I see kids hawking , buying and selling without any supervision.
The field around my area kids play football there everyday. The thing is, people don't care about Corona virus again because they've seen that the fear of having nothing to eat is more deadly than it.
For your info, some private schools are already secretly having lessons in their schools and patents permits their kids to come.
Govt will survive, but how will private schools survive ?
Okay. God will help us
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Chirowman(m): 7:58am On Jul 01, 2020
Wahala oooo
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 01, 2020
Only irresponsible parents will send their kids to public schools. Private schools are still ok, but still risky.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by insperyadyou: 7:59am On Jul 01, 2020
It is only government school teachers that dont want to resume because they are paid every month, work or no work. This is indirect greed. They use the opportunity to run their businesses with the government income they get every month. You go to the market everyday, you have not died, and govt released a better condition for resumption of only few students and you are saying you will die. I tire for this country.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Yello1(m): 8:02am On Jul 01, 2020
But dos teachers and children all go to d market ooo and it is all of a sudden not a suicide mission. But to prepare just 1 percent of d schul population for exams all of a sudden is a suicide mission. Okay ooo. So if coro is not going dis year and next den we Won't find a way to continue with our lives abii?i. Okay ooo. Dis is why politics is bad wen it is invovled in everything.

5 Likes

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Ohamzee: 8:02am On Jul 01, 2020
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by 2shure: 8:03am On Jul 01, 2020
Whats the essence of school here in nigeria. When our leaders even at old age still want to remain in power. So wheres the future of nigeria. Till all past leaders step down or death gets them nigeria is never moving forward. Going to school is a waste of time.education should be abolished once and for all.its a waste of time. Certificate saga,forgery,abuse of office,power,rigging,corruption ,name it. Enough us enough. We are getting irritated minutely concerning this nonsense. Time to rise up people. Fight for your right. Corona waits all you bastard leaders in the corridor of power u wont survive it.you all must die. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 8:05am On Jul 01, 2020
What exactly don't this people want
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by mrsteel: 8:06am On Jul 01, 2020
ArticleBeast:

Closed for how long? But they want market and religious centre to open. Na who dey alive they go market and church
Na this one dey tire me
If market can be opened, I see no reason schools can't be opened. School will be an easier place to effect precautionary measures than markets that is already opened. U need to visit our markets, people are crowded and they don't even wear face masks. When they keep saying don't open schools, I don't get it.

5 Likes

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Amozever12: 8:07am On Jul 01, 2020
If only the govt had done the needful, there wouldn't be cause for all these.

1 Like

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Zico5(m): 8:07am On Jul 01, 2020
2special:
Public school teacher's are not ready to resume but the private teacher's are ready to resume.
Which private school teacher? I don't subscribe to reopening of school for now, though I teach in a private school. If u are a private school teacher, it's time to dust ur brain and plan something better for urself.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by ekestic1976(f): 8:08am On Jul 01, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

Corona virus is real in Nigeria but not as much as your useless APC government ha announced so far .

The real carriers of this deadly virus aren't up to 1000k in Nigeria .

It's a USELESS APC Government that has been ruling over five years of your life so far and apparently there's pretty little you can do about it! Shows that you have weak hands to fight your own battle and take control of your life. What a weakling thou art - strong only in the mouth, but WEAK where it really matters. Get wise to yourself and pray that God may pick your Call during these Buhari years, or your dog bayes at the moon for nothing.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by mrsteel: 8:10am On Jul 01, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

If market is not open, will you be eating your faeces? That's ESSENTIAL.
Worship places are still closed, some are just opened PARTIALLY. Besides, if you see school as essential now, no one is stopping you. Just leave those that value their life out of it.
It doesn't make any difference!
If churches & markets are opened, there is absolutely no sense in closing schools.
It is more easier to effect control in schools than worship centres & markets.

7 Likes

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by sylve11: 8:10am On Jul 01, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
The time is just not right to send children to school.

School can wait, But Life no get duplicate .

See, I don't know what is wrong with our government. The way they are handling this issue is making the citizens not to believe the virus existence in this part of the world. Always making reckless decisions. embarassed cool
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by wolfenstein(m): 8:12am On Jul 01, 2020
In my own opinion govt should find a means for this kids to resume school, it's not easy for them just staying at home. I remember teaching my niece A,B,C...right now his head seems to be blocked cos he hasn't been having steady tutoring. Education needs steady tutoring to be able to assimilate things. The adult who go to work, market, churches etc if they contact d virus and go home, would it show? Nope, their kids can still contract it. 1 thing I have come to believe is COVID-19 is here to stay for now, and d govt is really trying hard to contain it, but if we hold our children back from education, it could be a disaster and we could see ourselves going back to stone age. I pity children nowadays when I see them, was talking to a friend of mine recently who is in final yr in d uni, and she was like if schools eventually opens, they will have to start from first topic of 1st semester in 400l cos she can't remember anything again, that's how bad it is

5 Likes

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:12am On Jul 01, 2020
This is not really a cause for alarm or fighting. All state governments need to do is to stop payment of public school teachers in their state, since they are not doing any work. Such funds can then be channeled into provision of social amenities like roads or building primary health centres.

I'm sure NUT will love that, at least till government does the right thing, as they claim

Then, only then, we'll know how much NUT loves the students

5 Likes

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by mrsteel: 8:14am On Jul 01, 2020
insperyadyou:
It is only government school teachers that dont want to resume because they are paid every month, work or no work. This is indirect greed. They use the opportunity to run their businesses with the government income they get every month. You go to the market everyday, you have not died, and govt released a better condition for resumption of only few students and you are saying you will die. I tire for this country.
God bless u!
Have u noticed that most of the kids are now the ones selling nose masks? I see them everywhere selling nose masks.

2 Likes

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Jabioro: 8:14am On Jul 01, 2020
Confusionist ..a blind man with a strong fist looking for who tapped him at back.. throwing the punch at every available space..you know the results now..
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by brainhgeek(m): 8:14am On Jul 01, 2020
You don't want to die but you go to church, mosque & market. You enter public transport, visit friends and families.
If you can't provide #100 face mask and soap water to wash your hands, your situation is critical.
What is worrying you is laziness and not COVID-19.
Education is dynamic. You don't do things the old way and expect to get a new result. Be creative enough on how to teach your students online/onsite. Corona virus is here to stay, we must evolve too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by LadyExcellency: 8:14am On Jul 01, 2020
Abouwaza:

First of all APC is so useless that's correct
But bro we have over 100,000 casese already its just that the thing reacts differently here
You have to comprehend that a lot of people have tested positive even without knowing and they are back on track

Is Corona the only viral disease ever transmitted that it would warrant shutdown?

Going by statistics, Covid-19 is the weakest (in Nigeria) among epidemics ever reported in humans history. A disease that it's dead count is less than one per LGAs in Nigeria (774) within four months.

Tell me any known sickness you know ever occurred in Nigeria with such dead count? Remember, applying statistical formula we may have more than 20 million infected if NCDC daily count ratios are applied in respect to Nigeria population

1 Like

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Taiwojon(m): 8:15am On Jul 01, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

https://punchng.com/nma-nut-knock-fg-over-order-to-reopen-schools/
which mumuric teachers are these
"you don't want to die"

why would you die?.

please OPEN SCHOOL JARE
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Christmasdon(m): 8:16am On Jul 01, 2020
No school should resume now when there is still rainy and cold season in Nigeria AND you know that this covid19 thrives during this cold season. All schools should wait till the dry season comes. big amount of heat could put covid19 to a halt.(but not medically proven)
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Videx99(m): 8:16am On Jul 01, 2020
But they can pay the polithiefans who only sit at home with their pet bellies.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by juustine777(m): 8:17am On Jul 01, 2020
HALA!
schools are more protected than markets
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by DEEBOZZ(m): 8:17am On Jul 01, 2020
Rilwayne001:
If to say hunger don rewire their brain like their counterparts in the private sector, they won't have the course to say this. Yeye people.
To receive free salary just dey hungry them!
Nonsensical set of mofos .

3 Likes

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Godisgreatest1: 8:18am On Jul 01, 2020
All this people saying schools shouldn't resume because they don't want to die are those that are in government institutions and still get paid staying at home. Even when school was on session they don't even report to work. Lazy Teachers and low-budget doctors that know nothing! You want to sit at home and get paid for doing nothing. May sense never return to you.

If the government should stop the salaries of these 'wide-mouthed empty-heads', you will see them crying and rolling on the floor on live TV begging for resumption'.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by boookworm: 8:19am On Jul 01, 2020
Lazy thieving people. But you go to markets and you haven't died.. Yeye people. Let's be honest, these government school teachers don't want to resume because they are being paid while staying at home

1 Like

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Bluish44(m): 8:20am On Jul 01, 2020
They won't be saying this if they weren't paid..lazy asses
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by JYKZ: 8:21am On Jul 01, 2020
Good for them, at least private schools can resume

1 Like

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by IMO01: 8:23am On Jul 01, 2020
Corona Virus solutions check my profile

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Do A Change Of Course, While In University / Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance Robot Named “spybot”(photos) / FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.