Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick (35152 Views)

FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools / Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba / No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 01, 2020
Our government de do like people weh no get get sense most times

1 Like

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by SirWarlock: 9:32am On Jul 01, 2020
ovoP:
it's not the whole school resuming ooo just primary 6 jss3 and sss3
Still. We still need to know how it's going to be 'safe reopening'
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Tolubory(m): 9:39am On Jul 01, 2020
[quote author=NaijaRoyalty post=91254102]

https://punchng.com/nma-nut-knock-fg-over-order-to-reopen-schools/[/quote

Heartless People
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by ovoP(m): 9:39am On Jul 01, 2020
SirWarlock:
Still. We still need to know how it's going to be 'safe reopening'
We have enough classes to practice social distancing with less crowd na... students need to write waec jsce and common entrance exams this year and the earlier the better....
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Hunterovo: 9:42am On Jul 01, 2020
To ensure the safety of children, I think the prevention of virus is the first important thing。
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 01, 2020
Senseless talk. From two useless Associations.

1 Like

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Angrymode: 9:51am On Jul 01, 2020
I believe if FG wants to resume schools for graduating classes, all the teachers and students involved must first be tested to ascertain their status. A time frame should then be given for those infected be quarantined and treated for them to be able to resume in time with the others.

Anything short of this is a senseless move

I know everyone's opinion counts but those criticizing the NMA and NUT on this their stand not to reopen schools, is either still joking with this virus or is senseless like this current FG.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by awoo47: 9:54am On Jul 01, 2020
they shld sha allow private skuls to open...

It's though fr them
No salary since...But Govt workers go receive nd can even do other things pending that period
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Ochuksbaba(m): 9:56am On Jul 01, 2020
[quote author=wolfenstein post=91256195]In my own opinion govt should find a means for this kids to resume school, it's not easy for them just staying at home. I remember teaching my niece A,B,C...right now his head seems to be blocked cos he hasn't been having steady tutoring.

So your Niece is a He?
Now we know why the poor boy can't assimilate anything ,plz stop teaching him ,let him be ooo
Before you turn him to Bobrisky

1 Like

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by SirWarlock: 10:00am On Jul 01, 2020
themanderon:
In Israel where the government did same there was a sudden outbreak and the same government had to quickly shutdown the schools. Some countries that had cleared their covid cases are suddenly having a resurgence of cases.
Knowing how incompetent our government can be will they be able to handle an outbreak Beautiful thing is that Covid 19 knows no politician or citizens, no rich or poor so exposing those teachers and kids will be exposing the whole society to the virus.
No they can't. It's the big issue here. Unless they plan on testing everybody involved before resumption which can't happen sad.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Jaemes(m): 10:01am On Jul 01, 2020
Since we have asymptomatic patients or carriers , and their plan is to resume school. Then , the government should setup testing teams in schools and quarantine patients , so they can be assured those that are learning are safe and free from the virus. It's easier that way , instead of just opening at once and putting everyone at risk.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by ThatFairGuy1: 10:05am On Jul 01, 2020
BaddyB:

No if It isn't important am not sure u'd be typing here..the thing is if itsnt important to u guys...when it resumes..y'all should stay the Hell at Home..period
BOY, do I look like a student to you? Besides, don't quote me again
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by SirWarlock: 10:07am On Jul 01, 2020
Angrymode:
I believe if FG wants to resume schools for graduating classes, all the teachers and students involved must first be tested to ascertain their status. A time frame should then be given for those infected be quarantined and treated for them to be able to resume in time with the others.

Anything short of this is a senseless move

I know everyone's opinion counts but those criticizing the NMA and NUT on this their stand not to reopen schools, is either still joking with this virus or is senseless like this current FG.
This would actually be a good step for whatever safe reopening they're cooking up undecided but they can't do it cos of economic reasons. And testing is kind of tricky, you might test -ve today then end up contracting the virus the next day.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by SirWarlock: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2020
Jaemes:
Since we have asymptomatic patients or carriers , and their plan is to resume school. Then , the government should setup testing teams in schools and quarantine patients , so they can be assured those that are learning are safe and free from the virus. It's easier that way , instead of just opening at once and putting everyone at risk.
This Government has no concrete plan for anything concerning this epidemic. Including state governments also, cos till now some states don't even have their own labs sad.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by wolfenstein(m): 10:39am On Jul 01, 2020
[quote author=Ochuksbaba post=91259248][/quote]
So now what u wrote does it make a single sense?
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by MsAllison(f): 10:40am On Jul 01, 2020
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
and this comment just infuriated me and if not for ban I would have abused the hell out of you.
Hausa Fulani and their hatred for education.
and i would have reported you for insulting my love ThatFairGuy1
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by ayo2008: 10:41am On Jul 01, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

https://punchng.com/nma-nut-knock-fg-over-order-to-reopen-schools/

Funny country!
Ordering Schools to resume without holistically looking at the safety guidelines. As we speak, we have public schools in this country without running pipe borne water / bore hole water, so handwashing mechanism is not feasible in such a school.
Why put the life of student/pupil in danger?
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by ovoP(m): 10:44am On Jul 01, 2020
ayo2008:

Funny country!
Ordering Schools to resume without holistically looking at the safety guidelines. As we speak, we have public schools in this country without running pipe borne water / bore hole water, so handwashing mechanism is not feasible in such a school.
Why put the life of student/pupil in danger?
it's just primary 6 jss3 and sss3 students
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by ayo2008: 10:49am On Jul 01, 2020
ovoP:
it's just primary 6 jss3 and sss3 students

Are they not human beings they are prone to the virus.
Let's be sincere with ourselves, go to some public schools in this country and see if they can meet up with the safety guidelines ?
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by seguno2: 10:49am On Jul 01, 2020
Abouwaza:

First of all APC is so useless that's correct
But bro we have over 100,000 casese already its just that the thing reacts differently here
You have to comprehend that a lot of people have tested positive even without knowing and they are back on track

At least both of you agree that APC is as useless as the P in psychology grin
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by willyjacs(m): 10:50am On Jul 01, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

You that went to school, we don see the mansion and companies you've erected .

How much is your life even worth with all your useless degrees/certificate ?

You're educated na him a WAEC holder be your president , ode.
not only am I above u knowledge-wise, I can feed u nd ur family too.

ur illiteracy is so thick that u are not only lacking in scientific knowledge.... even government nd the constitution,u nor know.

And where is it written that u can't rule with a waec certificate?
do u even know the required criterion for running for presidency?

olodo with Android phone.
even the buhari is better than u ND ur whole generations put together in every aspect.

stupid boy.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by SirWarlock: 11:00am On Jul 01, 2020
Did people even read the article at all undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike / UNIMAID Dental Student Dies 3 Days After Oath-taking (photo) / FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.