Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick (35162 Views)

FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools / Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba / No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by MsAllison(f): 11:01am On Jul 01, 2020
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
excuse me do I know you?
who the hell are you?
I am the person that will fix you for insulting ThatFairGuy1
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by SirWarlock: 11:02am On Jul 01, 2020
ayo2008:

Funny country!
Ordering Schools to resume without holistically looking at the safety guidelines. As we speak, we have public schools in this country without running pipe borne water / bore hole water, so handwashing mechanism is not feasible in such a school.
Why put the life of student/pupil in danger?
And I bet you establishing those things is going to be another story sad.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Angrymode: 11:20am On Jul 01, 2020
SirWarlock:
This would actually be a good step for whatever safe reopening they're cooking up undecided but they can't do it cos of economic reasons. And testing is kind of tricky, you might test -ve today then end up contracting the virus the next day.

That's it. Nigeria and her citizens don't have the capacity to manage this virus due to our unique economic situation.

It's impossible for this virus to be contained in this country when perhaps over 70% of the masses must step out daily if they must survive.

With the current situation of this country, anyone including I will find it impossible to deal with this situation.

I'm even tempted to say the government should just accept that this virus has come to stay and allow things to go on not paying too much attention to this virus. However, things are not normal!

If we throw caution to wind and just live however we like, it will seem like an horror movie when the shit gets real. I actually know someone that has died of Covid 19.

2 Likes

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 01, 2020
it is not safe to reopen schools now, when cases start to reduce, then you reopen it.
if you have ever being sick then you appreciate being healthy.

Good health is sometimes underrated.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 01, 2020
whistIeblower:

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Oam4J
Dominique
Justwise

Rule 2 violation

You mentioned them to ban me because you cannot stand the scold. Yet, you are a young man with a razor mouth and very fast fingers to tell people to shut up and insult them. I made comment without knowing you or your friend who insulted me. Not like I quoted him. I made a plain comment, and the next thing is to insult me. Yet, you mentioned rule 2 whatever. Just get out of my posts and dont ever insult or abuse me again. That's all.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by megama: 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

https://punchng.com/nma-nut-knock-fg-over-order-to-reopen-schools/
Schools need to wait. I don't know who and who is pushing for this untimely resumption
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by AbuAeesha: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
LIFE comes first before ANYTHING. We reason with you.
School Should be closed for now. It's ONLY a living being that goes to school
brother,why are those pple going to market and mingling daily not dying??or is there total lockdown in the state u presently reside ??
I think u don't have relatives/that works with private schools

3 Likes

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by omat20(m): 12:39pm On Jul 01, 2020
So nobody seem to care about the grammatical errors that the punch journalist wrote? grin

1 Like

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Arrowss(m): 12:39pm On Jul 01, 2020
What the teachers don't know is govermnt will soon stop their salaries then, government will tell them they cannot continue to pay them for nothing since march till how long? Wht teachers should continue to lay emphacies on is that they need PPE, if they get it, of cos they will resume, as for Government, they should provide PPE for teachers and students, simple!

2 Likes

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Kaylet: 12:41pm On Jul 01, 2020
2special:
Public school teacher's are not ready to resume but the private teacher's are ready to resume.

You're right.
The public are fighting for themselves.
Who will fight for the private teachers.

Tell me, a situation where both parents are private teachers, what will happen to the family with children.

I think whatever is happening to public teachers should also happen to private teachers and labour force.

Imagine the government cunningly refusing to support the covid 19 test and telling citizens to go to private hospital for test

A teacher that earns 30k how will he do such test, to worsen the situation, if the person is married with kids... In some states they pay graduate teachers less than 25k

1 Like

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Richardjcooper(m): 12:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
BaddyB:

Be wasting Ur time...Most Children are going to Lesson at Home

How does that depict me wasting my time Mr? O lack ilakaye
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by earnit2: 1:20pm On Jul 01, 2020
good
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by VickyRotex(f): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2020
BABANGBALI:
[s]Everything about Nigeria is zero from the beginning to the end. Buhari come kuku bury the country[/s]. Vickyrotex abi kini mo wi?
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Tohsynetita1: 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2020
Division is possible without calculator, Don't dull.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XJNOx7BFYU
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by ThatFairGuy1: 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
MsAllison:
I am the person that will fix you for insulting ThatFairGuy1

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by BGSM: 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
FG should stop salary payment, in as much no service is rendered. Let them go through our predicament. Have not been paid for 3 months as a private school teacher. Collecting free money for the past 4 months, having money to feed your family, medical, and all other bills, i don't blame you. It's well
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Ezlynn: 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2020
All is well, this too shall pass and we all will come out strong from this pandemic.

Meanwhile, banking has been made simpler, with GTBank USSD code *737#, you can now: Pay NEPA bills, Pay Cable TV subscription, Purchase data and airtime, Make cardless withdrawals, Apply for loans and lots more at you convenience.

Don't be left out.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by urchcoded(m): 11:43pm On Jul 01, 2020
It shocks me when I see people that want life to be paused indefinitely because of a virus. Not like we have a plan of a cure, but we are waiting for the white man to come up ith somethin
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by BaddyB: 7:52am On Jul 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
BOY, do I look like a student to you? Besides, don't quote me again
U surely sound like an Undergraduate with so much Carryovers..Mr MAN
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by BaddyB: 7:54am On Jul 02, 2020
Richardjcooper:

How does that depict me wasting my time Mr? O lack ilakaye

Yasss..U are
cos Ur Just Thinking as if U have Hot Eba In Ur Cerebellum..
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by ThatFairGuy1: 8:02am On Jul 02, 2020
BaddyB:

U surely sound like an Undergraduate with so much Carryovers..Mr MAN
okay
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by chester23(m): 8:11am On Jul 02, 2020
Covid 19, NMA, ASUU, NUT: Hypocrisy or Genuine Concern.

I have keenly followed reactions from these three key unions over phased reopening of schools. I must confess my surprise at NMA and ASUU. Both are umbrella bodies to medical doctors and scientists and University teachers, respectively.

These bodies, as obtains in other climes, under covid 19 saga should be coordinating laboratory researches  in collaboration  with government and reporting developments to the public.

NMA in particular has not lived up to expectations in Nigeria in relation to covid 19 response. I ask again where are our medical scientists? How many functional laboratories exist in the universities?

Daily we hear of research reports from John Hopkins University laboratory, Oxford University laboratory, Washington University laboratory, South African universities laboratories, universities in China laboratories, etc.

What is happening in UNN, Uniben, UniIbadan, Unical, Unilag and the other universities in Nigeria? Do they have functional laboratories? What of government medical centres? What, indeed, is happening?

ASUU has being on strike! Is ASUU's rejection of phased reopening of schools part of strike strategy? Or is the body expressing genuine concern? In what ways has the union contributed in the fight against Covid 19?

Tanzania, Guinea, South Africa, Cameroun, Ivory Coast, Senegal and Uganda, etc, are back in School. Many countries in Europe even China are also back. What's their secret? Can't we learn from them on the issue of control?

It is not possible to keep schools under lock and key for ever. So what NMA and ASUU owe the public is solutions on how to check Covid 19, which is what other countries are doing, and not protest and resistance. Unions do not exist only to fight the government, but most importantly to offer informed solutions.

I went to one of the markets the other day and watched as large numbers  of buyers mingled around. I have contacted friends in other states and the report is the same in markets across the country..

The school environment is far better than the market environment! Control is relatively far easier in the school environment. I stand to be corrected.

Covid 19 has, generally, shown us that we have a long way to go in our system of governance and in our health care sector. It has shown us that our medical schools are not functional in the true sense.

Covid 19 has shown that our politicians are insensitive and disconnected from reality. They continued to draw millions while locking others down. Worst of all, the palliatives have largely remained invisible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by ymstar(m): 8:49am On Jul 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
[/b]
Thank God you're not him, your authoritarianism would have been beyond control. You wouldn't have reason deeply to preview CONSEQUENCES in this context (covid-19)
Ha
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by Richardjcooper(m): 10:04am On Jul 02, 2020
BaddyB:

Yasss..U are
cos Ur Just Thinking as if U have Hot Eba In Ur Cerebellum..

Unfortunately you are a lost cause and are not fit to be called an ideal human being. A rehab will do you just fine. I won’t be trading words with shenanigans like you.
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by BaddyB: 10:26am On Jul 04, 2020
Richardjcooper:

Unfortunately you are a lost cause and are not fit to be called an ideal human being. A rehab will do you just fine. I won’t be trading words with shenanigans like you.

No U shouldn't ..
U have to Care For the Family u know..
So Bye Felicia
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by arinzos(m): 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2020
chester23:
Covid 19, NMA, ASUU, NUT: Hypocrisy or Genuine Concern.

I have keenly followed reactions from these three key unions over phased reopening of schools. I must confess my surprise at NMA and ASUU. Both are umbrella bodies to medical doctors and scientists and University teachers, respectively.

These bodies, as obtains in other climes, under covid 19 saga should be coordinating laboratory researches  in collaboration  with government and reporting developments to the public.

NMA in particular has not lived up to expectations in Nigeria in relation to covid 19 response. I ask again where are our medical scientists? How many functional laboratories exist in the universities?

Daily we hear of research reports from John Hopkins University laboratory, Oxford University laboratory, Washington University laboratory, South African universities laboratories, universities in China laboratories, etc.

What is happening in UNN, Uniben, UniIbadan, Unical, Unilag and the other universities in Nigeria? Do they have functional laboratories? What of government medical centres? What, indeed, is happening?

ASUU has being on strike! Is ASUU's rejection of phased reopening of schools part of strike strategy? Or is the body expressing genuine concern? In what ways has the union contributed in the fight against Covid 19?

Tanzania, Guinea, South Africa, Cameroun, Ivory Coast, Senegal and Uganda, etc, are back in School. Many countries in Europe even China are also back. What's their secret? Can't we learn from them on the issue of control?

It is not possible to keep schools under lock and key for ever. So what NMA and ASUU owe the public is solutions on how to check Covid 19, which is what other countries are doing, and not protest and resistance. Unions do not exist only to fight the government, but most importantly to offer informed solutions.

I went to one of the markets the other day and watched as large numbers  of buyers mingled around. I have contacted friends in other states and the report is the same in markets across the country..

The school environment is far better than the market environment! Control is relatively far easier in the school environment. I stand to be corrected.

Covid 19 has, generally, shown us that we have a long way to go in our system of governance and in our health care sector. It has shown us that our medical schools are not functional in the true sense.

Covid 19 has shown that our politicians are insensitive and disconnected from reality. They continued to draw millions while locking others down. Worst of all, the palliatives have largely remained invisible.
I am sure some well Meaning Doctors and Professors would want to Make Research on the Virus ,But they can't.
There is No Fund anywhere.
Our Laboratories are Nothing to Write home About. Even to Function as a Routine Lab is Hard Much less Using them for Research.

The Government does not Care. All they do is to Sit down and Embezzle all that is Left in our Treasury and wait for the US, Europe and China to come up with a Solution.

I pity Us cry
Re: Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick by dinoplus: 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
What? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance Robot Named “spybot”(photos) / FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams / School Punishment (share Your Experience) Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.