Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,361 members, 7,829,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene (44629 Views)

Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him / Peter Obi Effect: APC And PDP Must Throw VP Slot To Young People / Opunimi Akinkugbe Walks Son Down The Aisle On His Wedding Day (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Simbrixton(m): 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2020
bigfish3k:

We supply SW oil and gas
How will you people cope without us
my brother leave us to worry about our economy

we are eagerly anticipating d dissolution of nigeria

i cant wait for amotekun to be fully militarised
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by PureFace1(m): 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
bigfish3k:
so obiano is now an igala name
Have you ever seen any igala bearing an igbo name before?
Anyway given your tribe. I am not surprised, you people twist the truth

Emir is ceremonial yet OPC fought tooth and nail to collect it back during OBJ without success

Ceremonial yet he is the everlasting and Supreme chairman of traditional rulers in kwara - a foreign land to him

You have spare lands to give out but always cry that igbos have bought the whole Lagos

You didn't give fulani that land, they conquered you with force killed many and collected it till date. There was no negotiations

We have igbos in all our border state including kogi , it was a ploy by you people to divide igbos because of the fear of losing us because we are indispensable
There is no igala emir in Igboland as it is in the conquered ilorin. So I don't need to search any history books, the presence of the emir is the everlasting sign of a conquered people

Blind people, have you ever seen moon in your life?
But don't worry the insightful fulanis that ate apple at the garden of eden will tell you about it.

Better look for your own eve to give you people apple so that you can start seeing like the rest of the world and sight moon

I repeat, No Igboland is in fulani hand

The last I checked it is you Igbo that are bragging about buying some Audio Lands, All the estates in Lagos still belong to Yoruba.

Igala Enslaved and Colonized Igbo and they still live on the lands they took from your enslaved forefathers till date, that's also the sign of conquered people. You are conquered by Igala but cry day and night on behalf of Ilorin people.

Collect all your lands from your Igala masters first before you talk to Yoruba people about Ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
cocolacec:

is there any Yoruba/Hausa in Imo/Anambra/Ebonyi/Enugu/Abia state houses of Assembly?
Are there no Hausa/Yoruba enclave in the East?

You are not widely travelled that is your problem. Ask yourself has any Yoruba come up for election in the east and he was not voted? Again there are Hausa enclaves in the east from Onitsha all the way to Abakaliki, Okigwe and so on. Ask anybody in the east why there is an Ama Hausa? Again when you want to accuse someone you should first ask how many Yoruba live in the east? Also has any Yoruba ever stood for elective positions in the east and he was not voted? Again History will always say it that at one time a Fulani prince was the first mayor of Enugu he stood for election and was voted by Igbos of NCNC in Enugu for two terms his name is Mallam Umaru Altine.

1 Like

Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
PureFace1:

The last I checked it is you Igbo that are bragging about buying some Audio Lands, All the estates in Lagos still belong to Yoruba.

Igala Enslaved and Colonized Igbo and they still live on the lands they took from your enslaved forefathers till date, that's also the sign of conquered people. You are conquered by Igala but cry day and night on behalf of Ilorin people.

Collect all your lands from your Igala masters first before you talk to Yoruba people about Ilorin.

Bring your historical evidence and from proven sources too, because i see you like to spread falsehood on nairaland. There has never been a time that Igala colonized igbo even the colonialist found the igbo too stubborn to colonize is it the igala that will now colonize us?

2 Likes

Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by PureFace1(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2020
obynzo:

Bring your historical evidence and from proven sources too, because i see you like to spread falsehood on nairaland. There has never been a time that Igala colonized igbo even the colonialist found the igbo too stubborn to colonize is it the igala that will now colonize us?

You are not a good student of history, if you research you will find it all over the internet

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/319687582_IGALA_COLONISATION_OF_NORTHERN_IGBO_STATES_1450-18th_century

Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Simbrixton(m): 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2020
obynzo:

how did the Igala in Anambra get dere
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Simbrixton(m): 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
obynzo:

You are not widely travelled that is your problem. Ask yourself has any Yoruba come up for election in the east and he was not voted? Again there are Hausa enclaves in the east from Onitsha all the way to Abakaliki, Okigwe and so on. Ask anybody in the east why there is an Ama Hausa? Again when you want to accuse someone you should first ask how many Yoruba live in the east? Also has any Yoruba ever stood for elective positions in the east and he was not voted? Again History will always say it that at one time a Fulani prince was the first mayor of Enugu he stood for election and was voted by Igbos of NCNC in Enugu for two terms his name is Mallam Umaru Altine.

in Nigeria today igbos are the most conservative ethnic group and the most secessionist prone
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by bigfish3k: 3:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
PureFace1:

I asked you to name the land and the igala emir there that is ruling Igboland

Fulanis just killed afonja the way USA killed solleiman of Iran in January this year.

Can you imagine - their best military strategist was killed together with his family and his throne occupied by his conquerors who also gave you people warning never to look up so that you would not have the opportunity of sighting moon.
Na wao

Please can you tell me the color of moon and its various shapes

1 Like

Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by mikedoo(m): 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
edochie12:
What is the problem with these people,someone that was legally married to any man is a citizen of the man's country or state.

one of the reasons Nigeria is termed Underdeveloped nation. when I saw the caption, I even thought it was a typographical error or an exchange of name or sort. when a woman marries a man what becomes of her? Nigeria is truly divided on every side.
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by jasman1: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
That’s really Yoruba for you. You have to be ready to draw your sword at anytime if you’re going to do business with them. You can’t change culture
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by sesan85(m): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
KosiGee:
I was seething with rage after seeing and reading the thread title but on seeing the name of the lady and reading why she was representing Ondo state, I felt so disappointed with Yoruba people.

This is not limited to the people writing petition against this woman. This is characteristic of Yoruba people. They can be primitively and senselessly tribalistic.

Olukemi Olufunto Adegoke married Hamish Badenoch, they have been married for 8 years. Today she is Tory member and the MP representing Saffron Walden. She was well accepted by everyone. Even without her marriage, she might’ve still won the seat.

Kemi wasn’t representing rough and poor Hackney or Peckham where there are lots of Yoruba people, she’s presenting Saffron Walden which is one of the wealthiest parts of the UK. No one has crucified her yet despite her many ramblings and blunders but here is a Nigerian woman happily married to an Ondo state Yoruba man and hateful people won’t let her be.

When Dr Kingsley Obiora’s name came up as the new replacement for Dr Okwu Nnanna, everyone kept quiet. No one criticised the appointment.
Dr Obiora is from Delta state, the position he was to occupy and is occupying today was supposed to be filled by someone from the South East. Heaven did not fall.

Yoruba people, pls leave Mrs Akinkugbe alone.

Lol, Igbo man accusing Yorubas of being "primitively and senselessly tribalistic"!? Irony is dead!

Mbaise people rejected a Bishop from representing them because he hailed from Anambra State.

Abia sacked its Civil Servants who hailed from Imo State.

Ojukwu's son's protested against Bianca's bid to represent Anambra South in the Senate because she hailed from Enugu State.

And you also have a caste system in your utterly primitive, barbaric culture. All these discriminations are between yourselves o! Hypocritical dumbass!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by folake4u(f): 5:31pm On Jul 02, 2020
Ulunne777:

How is he high? Does this mean women married outside their state can't serve their husband's state.

What is wrong with ppl? Shouting black lives matter when a huge log is in our eyes.

I'm telling you. Misplaced priorities at its peak!!!!

1 Like

Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by vivavik(f): 8:31pm On Jul 02, 2020
Chineke'le, she's from ondo na, what kind of demonic tribalism is this?
I'm shocked beyond words!!!

PS: I think we still have a long way to go of we keep thinking like this.
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by cocolacec(m): 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
obynzo:

Forget NCNC that is a long time ago,we will be sending Men and women with Yoruba mother and Igbo fathers to contest all the local Govts by 2023 in the East.
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Igbunu4: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2020
SaintBeehot:
Fulani herdsman
Onye bu Fulani?
Nna park well biko
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by RuggedSniper: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by RuggedSniper: 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
sesan85:

Lol, Igbo man accusing Yorubas of being "primitively and senselessly tribalistic"!? Irony is dead!

Mbaise people rejected a Bishop from representing them because he hailed from Anambra State.

Abia sacked its Civil Servants who hailed from Imo State.

Ojukwu's son's protested against Bianca's bid to represent Anambra South in the Senate because she hailed from Enugu State.

And you also have a caste system in your utterly primitive, barbaric culture. All these discriminations are between yourselves o! Hypocritical dumbass!
^^^A BRILLIANT reply to the hypocritical idiot who made that post that you quoted. Osu outcast system is still heavily practised among his Ibo folk! The bigot used generaIised insults on the Yorubas, when Ibos discriminate among themselves by investigating do
wn to the villages who an osu outcast is or not... And a lot of the Lagos-based Ibo men in a 2020 recording that I listened to, justified the intra-ethnic discrimination and said that "since traditional marriage cannot be abolished...osu cannot be abolished!" One of them even sarcastically said the osu usually get married to outsiders from Benue, Yoruba, Hausa, etc... (meaning that any Ibo male that marries a Yoruba female is an osu - including automatically the Yoruba wife/children, and that the osu are NOT given chieftaincy titles in Iboland. He said it in only in places like Lagos that you will see the osus parading about with chieftaincy titles which are not recognised in Iboland! Last but not least, Nimi Ajumogobia-Akinkugbe who is Odein Ajumogobia's younger sister is a brilliant woman and can be allowed to fill the Ondo quota and all legal loopholes fixed to make it possible for all qualified women to represent their original states of origin and/or their husbands' states of origin. I remember that Nimi's father... Pa
Ajumogobia was the oldest person (in his 80s) aboard the ADC plane crash in the late 1990s, while flying from PH to Lagos.

1 Share

Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by RuggedSniper: 9:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
OLAN2015:

Their so much hypocrisy in many of the comments here. This is not a State appointment like many of you are quoting as examples. This is a Federal Government appointment that is supposed to follow the expected federal character principle. The woman could have been selected to represent her state which is Rivers . As it is, Rivers State already have at least another nominee representing their state. This means the state is usurping the right of another state due to no fault of Rivers State but Buhari. Because it benefit your people, you are now shouting Tribalism up and down. Some Nigerians are too greedy and selfish.
^^WORD! Patricia Olubunmi Etteh from Osun but married to an Akwa Ibom man, was the Federal Speaker when it was zoned to the West by her party.
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by jeromedee: 2:30am On Jul 05, 2020
Noel19:

Ewurę, instead of you to face people from Rivers State you are here insulting Igbos for no good reason.

Any small thing you people will be shouting "Òmò Igbo, ÒMÒ Igbo" like mad people.

You claim to be sophisticated yet you have the highest number of TOUTS and SKULL MINERS In the whole of Sub Saharan Africa according to a research conducted in 2020 by NBS.
Cry me river, Omo obo, akobi elede.

The Okija shrine still holds the world record of the largest Skull mining site in the world as at today, since skull mining is what’s being used to measure success in your potopoto region. Their sophistication is there for you to see. Unlike a cursed tribe known for chest beating and waking their fathers with sidekicks and stones. grin

How far, when are you coming to your small London(Southwest) grin

2 Likes

Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Noel19: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2020
jeromedee:
Cry me river, Omo obo, akobi elede.

The Okija shrine still holds the world record of the largest Skull mining site in the world as at today, since skull mining is what’s being used to measure success in your potopoto region. Their sophistication is there for you to see. Unlike a cursed tribe known for chest beating and waking their fathers with sidekicks and stones. grin

How far, when are you coming to your small London(Southwest) grin

You call Southwest London? May Olodumare judge you

May Sangò strike that your big mouth for thinking for one day that you guys are more sophisticated than Igbos.

The only way that you guys are sophisticated are in erecting houses with BROWN and RUSTY ROOFS.

It doesn't come as a surprise to me that you guys are ranked NUMBER 1 in OPEN DEFECATION, why? Because as one who's conversant with Yoruba culture and tradition, 95% of Yoruba's of which i know you're among poo in a bowl or plate and dispose it off in the drainage.

When I hear people like you talk about being sophisticated I just laugh it off because I know you guys are just deceiving yourselves.

They say pictures speak more than a thousand words, so I decided to post some pictures of your brethren that I saw this morning doing what you guys are known for.

Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Nobody: 1:53am On Jul 06, 2020
Simbrixton:
how did the Igala in Anambra get dere

When Anambra state was created some Igala lands were carved into the state. Stop displaying ignorance and foolishness here. State creation in Nigeria was not an ancient thing it all started during military regimes beginning from Gowon.
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Nobody: 1:55am On Jul 06, 2020
PureFace1:

You are not a good student of history, if you research you will find it all over the internet

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/319687582_IGALA_COLONISATION_OF_NORTHERN_IGBO_STATES_1450-18th_century

This is a research prone to serious errors. Show me proof from our foremost historians and not a project work that is used for a degree that is prone with errors. Don't be foolish my guy.
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by PureFace1(m): 10:14am On Jul 06, 2020
obynzo:

This is a research prone to serious errors. Show me proof from our foremost historians and not a project work that is used for a degree that is prone with errors. Don't be foolish my guy.

You are the foolish one even if I show you more proof you still won't believe and keep giving excuses. Go and ask the Igala people living in Anambra or how do you think Igala people have lands in Anambra?
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 06, 2020
PureFace1:

You are the foolish one even if I show you more proof you still won't believe and keep giving excuses. Go and ask the Igala people living in Anambra or how do you think Igala people have lands in Anambra?

Oga stop being foolish i will say it again. How can the Igala defeat Igbos or colonize igbos when the Aro confederacy was running things since 17th century. I repeat stop being foolish in your attempt to spread lies.
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 06, 2020
cocolacec:

is there any Yoruba/Hausa in Imo/Anambra/Ebonyi/Enugu/Abia state houses of Assembly?
Are there no Hausa/Yoruba enclave in the East?

Again i would ask you a question has any Yoruba resident in the east stood up to contest election in the east and he was not allowed because he is not Igbo? Oga please shut it if you don't have anything relevant to say. A Fulani prince was once Mayor of Enugu which can never happen in Lagos. You guys are not widely travelled if Yorubas are widely travelled then we can talk
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by PureFace1(m): 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
obynzo:

Oga stop being foolish i will say it again. How can the Igala defeat Igbos or colonize igbos when the Aro confederacy was running things since 17th century. I repeat stop being foolish in your attempt to spread lies.

Lol sifia pain, what is all over the internet is me spreading lies? Go and ask your grandfathers in your village. The same way Ijaw sold Igbo as slaves and Asari Dokubo said it and your elders were even afraid to speak back lol.

1 Like

Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by iyapont: 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2020
Noel19:

I will bury you in a jiffy.
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Simbrixton(m): 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
obynzo:

When Anambra state was created some Igala lands were carved into the state. Stop displaying ignorance and foolishness here. State creation in Nigeria was not an ancient thing it all started during military regimes beginning from Gowon.
igala colonized northern igbo communities
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 19, 2020
Simbrixton:
igala colonized northern igbo communities

So you have changed tune, it is now northern igbo communities.
Re: Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene by Simbrixton(m): 4:54am On Jul 19, 2020
obynzo:

So you have changed tune, it is now northern igbo communities.
na ur brother write the report quit hating

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Akin Alabi Gives Campaign Bus To Man Who Campaigned Vigorously For Him / The Changing Changer: A PMB Supporter's Opinions On 2014 Nyanya Vs Today (pix) / Army Seizes Fake Policemen Vehicle In Rivers - See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.