Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Let Go If The Relationship Is Unhealthy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let Go If The Relationship Is Unhealthy (211 Views)

If Any Man I'm Dating Gets Broke, I'll Leave The Relationship- Lady (Video) / 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship / Girlfriend Drives Lover's $100k Benz Into Pool For Ending The Relationship (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Go If The Relationship Is Unhealthy by Henrysaw(m): 9:20pm On Jul 01, 2020
There comes a time in your life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama and the people who create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy. ~ Karl Marx.
I have been in a toxic relationship for a year and I know how challenging it may be to find the courage and strength to tell yourself: Ive had enough. There has to be a better way. I deserve better than this. We both do and to finally let go of someone you once loved, and maybe still do. Holding on to toxic relationships keeps you from growing. Dont get me wrong, I love challenges and I have this incredible ability to turn every experience, whether good or bad, into a valuable life lesson, but this doesnt mean that I should make my life harder by clinging on to toxic relationships and drama.
I believe that things should flow and they should be easy, and when they arent, that means something is wrong. After being in an unhealthy relationship, I have learned that if a relationship is hard, if its stressful, and if it takes a lot of energy and effort to try to make it work, you have to let it go, for the sake of both parties. I came to the conclusion that if a relationships doesnt make you a better person, if it doesnt challenge you to grow and evolve into a happier and more loving human being, it is not worth holding on to. If a relationship makes you bitter, but not better, then you are in the wrong one.
Robert Tew said, Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy. You let go of a toxic and unhealthy relationship not because you are weak, not because you no longer love the other person, but because you are strong enough to understand that there are times when two people will be a lot happier if they go separate ways than if they stay together. There comes a time in our lives when we have to do whats right and to honor not only ourselves, but also the people around us. Dont make the same mistake I have made.
Don’t cling on to unnecessary pain. If it hurts and is a constant struggle If its hard and makes you unhappy, then you need to just let go. Life is too short to be anything but happy. One of the simplest ways to stay happy is to just let go of the things that makes you sad. There is something so beautiful, so powerful and so unique in each and every one of us and the more we cling on to toxic relationships, the harder it will be for us to tap into our own greatness. Detach, let go and learn to love yourself for who you are and not for who others want you to be. Remember, its the relationship that you are letting go of but not the love you have for the other person.
I still care about my ex-girlfriend and I know that I will love her for as long as I live, but that doesnt mean that we should be together. We tried, it didnt work and we had to let it go, and I hope you will find the strength and courage to do the same.
Way too many people cling on to toxic and unhealthy relationships just because they think that without the other person they will be nothing and their life will be worthless. Total nonsense! I used to think that way as well. I used to believe that if me and my girlfriend broke up, my life would be worthless and that nothing would make sense anymore, but guess what? Ever since I managed to let go, my life became more meaningful than ever and you know why? Because I have learned to love and appreciate myself and to stop looking for my salvation somewhere out there, in other people.
Believe me when I say that who you are is more than enough and that you dont need another person to complete you, but to help you see how beautiful you already are and how much you have to offer. Written by Danjuma Iliya.
https://everstronghrts.com/2020/07/01/let-go-if-the-relationship-is-unhealthy/

1 Like

Re: Let Go If The Relationship Is Unhealthy by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 01, 2020
Please who read it
Kindly summarize it

1 Like

Re: Let Go If The Relationship Is Unhealthy by dom80: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2020
nice one

(1) (Reply)

Romance Story / �your Want Or Your Need�? / How Do Africans Who Grew Up Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.