Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship (23824 Views)

Ladies! 8 Signs You Are Probably Dating A Married Man. / 8 Red Signs You Should Lookout For Before Taking That Girl To The Altar / 6 Signs You Are Just A Side Chick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by Nobody: 6:32am On May 18, 2021
It’s safe to say many partners are not sure whether or not they are in a healthy relationship, as such, being aware that a relationship is becoming unhealthy is very important in protecting your emotional being, if you find yourself in an unhealthy relationship,it doesn’t necessarily mean you need to quit but knowing the signs will help you draw a line about what’s allowed in your life and not, you need to know when enough is enough, when to address them and if need be let go of such a relationship, of course leaving a relationship is not as easy as it seem but you wouldn’t want to trade your strength, energy, peace of mind any longer for it,a healthy relationship should nurture your strength and not focus on weaknesses. An unhealthy relationship is defined by high frequency of disrespect which ought not to be. Here with me are the signs.

1. Extreme Jealousy.

Jealousy is a normal part of a relationship, it’s okay to feel occasionally insecure and probably want an assurance from your partner just as long as it doesn’t get out of hand, unhealthy relationship is all about wild and irrational jealousy, your partner may become possessive of you and start invading your privacy, constantly going through your bills, receipts, even reading your messages and restrict who you interact with and not interact with, your partner may become more demanding and wanting to know your movement all the time, your partner may even accuse you of flirting with other people and not ready to listen When you tell them it’s not true.

2. Isolation.

Isolation starts when your partner starts pulling you away from your friends and family, they see your support system as a threat to the relationship, cutting you off everything, they question or guilt you if they’ve seen you’re deriving happiness from anything other than them, this is not a healthy relationship, it constantly shows some level of control, possessiveness.

3. Stability.

The relationship is static, no growth, no efforts to love More, no investment in the relationship, your interest isn’t theirs, they don’t care about what’s important to you.

4. Belittling.

Your partner should have your back at all times, in a healthy relationship, words of your partner should build you up and not bring you down, they should make you feel more confident not less, but in an unhealthy relationships, words are used as weapons, conversation that should be fun turns out to be embarrassing, your partner making fun of you in a way that hurts then if you try expressing your feeling for being hurt, they shut you down accuse you of over reacting.

5. Volatility.

This involves physical violence, tearful fights, hitting, kicking economic abuse, not having access to finances, finances are being controlled. The relationship feels constantly unsafe and insecure with emotions going on -again and back-again with no consistency, frequent breakups and makeups, you hear words like, you’re worthless, I’m not even sure why I’m with you, having shots constantly fired at you, reminding you how wrong you’ve been in the past and sometimes followed by apologies that it won’t happen again, unfortunately, by this time you may not understand how dangerous and unhealthy this relationship is because your mind is already conditioned to their past. If your partner is physically, emotionally or verbally abusing you, you need to leave such relationship, don’t justify their actions or take blame on yourself. Dont, you’re enough.

Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/04/28/5-signs-you-may-be-in-an-unhealthy-relationship/

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by lindareep: 6:39am On May 18, 2021
wink wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by design106: 12:17pm On May 18, 2021
cool

No be only signs.
If all of us left our relationships cos our partners were exhibiting one of these signs, there wouldn't be any relationships left.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by Missyolo(f): 12:18pm On May 18, 2021
I cant even deal with static people, I want to move on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by Seniorwriter(m): 12:18pm On May 18, 2021
Educative & Insightful!!!

@SeniorWriter

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by chinchonglee(m): 12:18pm On May 18, 2021
Jst have one sidey you are f*cking and leave relationship alone

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by Ipisi(m): 12:18pm On May 18, 2021
Nawa ooo. ..

Any girl that plays hard to get , we move onto the next one ASAP

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by b0rn2fuck(m): 12:18pm On May 18, 2021
When the money is not coming often, relationship become sore

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by bekongtony(m): 12:19pm On May 18, 2021
Where una der see all these things write? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by Amuochicha(f): 12:19pm On May 18, 2021
I hate APC

I hate Nigeria

I hate pastors

I hate imams

I hate men

I hate buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by Offpoint1: 12:19pm On May 18, 2021
Space for advert...

Quote me if you want it
Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by franxiz(m): 12:20pm On May 18, 2021
Ftc...feels good...am passing through the above mention listed
Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by brosom(m): 12:20pm On May 18, 2021
This trade,

E no concern me,

Na for people wey inside love/relationship,

And for people wey dey plan to inter,

As for me, I'm a free man, and it's one of the best feelings grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by paulolee(m): 12:23pm On May 18, 2021
passing through almost all but CNT just move one because she gat a big ass n her sex game is too dope..
maybe I'll move on when it gets boring n I get a new catch bt mk I enjoy am for now abeeg
Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by kingmsookwagh(m): 12:23pm On May 18, 2021
binarymachine:

Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/04/28/5-signs-you-may-be-in-an-unhealthy-relationship/
jealousy is and the only genuine sign that proves the validity of love in a Relationship.

OP just cancel am! Ahbeg!!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 18, 2021
Where's my DAMN NIGGARRRRR

Onto the topic

You know the relationship is toxic when the thing starts feeling one sided ... And trust me when funds no dey love dey hard to find

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by Lincoln275(m): 12:24pm On May 18, 2021
Hmmmm!
Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by airminem(f): 12:25pm On May 18, 2021
smiley 6. Possessive
Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by Shellsploit: 12:25pm On May 18, 2021
Useless headline undecided

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by MrHighSea: 12:25pm On May 18, 2021
Emotional blackmail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by Zachsneider: 12:25pm On May 18, 2021
Missyolo:
I cant even deal with static people, I want to move on
lol mover
Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by francisisking: 12:26pm On May 18, 2021
If there is no jealousy then that relationships is not solid. Its built on lies and deceit.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by leoDas(m): 12:26pm On May 18, 2021
How do you explain her "so-called" friend taking her out on a date for pleasure, and deriving happiness and you won't feel anything or term it unhealthy relationship when you react.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by Gorodeen112: 12:28pm On May 18, 2021
I know of mine honestly

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by Sickmod(m): 12:28pm On May 18, 2021
leoDas:
How do you explain her "so-called" friend taking her out on a date for pleasure, and deriving happiness and you won't feel anything or term it unhealthy relationship when you react.

Don't mind the werey.
Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by worldclass68(m): 12:29pm On May 18, 2021
Always asking for money undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship by fortune1968: 12:29pm On May 18, 2021
bekongtony:
Where una der see all these things write? angry
Inspirations from kalakuta shrine ! Na Abami Eda dey send am from yonder !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Would A Guy BLEACH ? / He Must Be 1st Class Graduate - Nigerian Lady Lists Qualities Husband Must Have / Millionaire Socialite Joro Olumofin, Shares 10 Tips On How To Get A Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.