Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday (1457 Views)

Can Any One Help To Reconnect Me With This Friend We Lost Contact Since 1987 / How I Was Scammed Yesterday / How I Got Scammed Of 10k By Lavita Ricca Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by iammolahs(m): 11:56am On Jul 02, 2020
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by JayromWrites: 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
So sad

Lalasticlala

You can help this person.. Move it to front page
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by espn(m): 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
How will someone send this amount of money even to a friend without having at least a phone or whatsapp call conversation with the person... Even in a One on One business you could get scammed tankless of online transaction. All I see is greed that's why people gets scammed online. I wish your friend and Efcc the best. I hope they find the person and help recover his hard earned money.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by iammolahs(m): 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2020
espn:
How will someone send this amount of money even to a friend without having at least a phone or whatsapp call conversation with the person...
The mistake has been done, is there anything that he can do to get his money back?
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
iammolahs:

The mistake has been done, is there anything that he can do to get his money back?
Sorry about the loss
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by illicit(m): 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by 9jathingsonpoint: 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2020
bigg losss
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Mcslize: 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2020
iammolahs:

H̳o̳w̳ T̳o̳ R̳e̳t̳r̳i̳e̳v̳e̳ Y̳o̳u̳r̳ M̳o̳n̳e̳y̳ A̳f̳t̳e̳r̳ Y̳o̳u̳ H̳a̳v̳e̳ B̳e̳e̳n̳ S̳c̳a̳m̳m̳e̳d̳.̳.̳.̳

A friend of mine shared this on whatsapp so i decided to share here, on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text).

4. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

5. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK *(anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org).* this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund yoyur money.

Never forget this.

Feel free to share and educate others.

Copied from WhatsApp.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by chichijas(m): 4:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
Mcslize:

H̳o̳w̳ T̳o̳ R̳e̳t̳r̳i̳e̳v̳e̳ Y̳o̳u̳r̳ M̳o̳n̳e̳y̳ A̳f̳t̳e̳r̳ Y̳o̳u̳ H̳a̳v̳e̳ B̳e̳e̳n̳ S̳c̳a̳m̳m̳e̳d̳.̳.̳.̳

A friend of mine shared this on whatsapp so i decided to share here, on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text).

4. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

5. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK *(anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org).* this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund yoyur money.

Never forget this.

Copied from WhatsApp.

iammolahs. here is a help.
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
why did he not call the friend"s phone number to confirm if he was the one who really sent the message
so someone will just ask me to send 600k and i will just send the money without confirming if he was the one who really sent the message cheesy
and since u said the scammer used his friend"s social media account the bank account details he will send will be different from his friend"s account details nau.or dis ur uk paddy no know im friend account details?
anyway for me any mumu send me message requesting me to send 1k so i will harvest 50 million in four days over one mumu ponzi scheme i will just block the person sharp sharp.no time to argue.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2020
espn:
How will someone send this amount of money even to a friend without having at least a phone or whatsapp call conversation with the person... Even in a One on One business you could get scammed tankless of online transaction. All I see is greed that's why people gets scammed online. I wish your friend and Efcc the best. I hope they find the person and help recover his hard earned money.
i am telling u.maybe the uk guy was under a juju spell.at least ppl wey dem don scam always claim to be under the infulence of the scammer"s juju grin.
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2020
iammolahs:

e don enter voice mail.since na naija dat money is lost for good.
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
Mcslize:

Never forget this.

Copied from WhatsApp.
the person scammed is based in the uk as claimed by op.all this wont work in nigeria.
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Mcslize: 12:12am On Jul 03, 2020
lefulefu:
the person scammed is based in the uk as claimed by op.all this wont work in nigeria.

The friend in Nigeria can help do the movement. He just have to give him go ahead.
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 03, 2020
His neighbor purportedly sent him a message on Facebook and he wired money just like that, isn't he a compound fool?

What stopped him from walking to his neighbor's doorstep or call him on phone and discuss the business face to face?

I think he is a scammer that just got scammed by another scammer. sad
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Kobicove(m): 12:34am On Jul 03, 2020
lefulefu:
i am telling u.maybe the uk guy was under a juju spell.at least ppl wey dem don scam always claim to be under the infulence of the scammer"s juju grin.

There is no juju involved it's just plain greed!
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by engrtee(f): 1:52am On Jul 03, 2020
sorry
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Dellaxlogistic: 1:57am On Jul 03, 2020
This thing is not difficult, he has a bank account linked to a bvn ..So how can he or she be untraceable? I do business online everyday even with people I have not seen before.
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Nobody: 3:31am On Jul 03, 2020
Kobicove:

There is no juju involved it's just plain greed!
i know its greed but the scammed always give the excuse of being under the influence of a spell cheesy.dunno why the juju hasnt caught me cos i get a lot of messages from them on my dm cheesy.there was one even swearing that he is a man of God and can never scam anyone cheesy.was urging to send him money and promising me that the money will triple under 8 weeks cheesy grin grin.
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 03, 2020
J111333:

iyam suspecting this too cheesy
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by imdavid704(f): 8:15am On Jul 03, 2020
Hmmm all is well
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by JayromWrites: 8:28am On Jul 03, 2020
lefulefu:
iyam suspecting this too cheesy

I manage to know this guy

He is not a scammer

Je is a scholar

Just naive..very naive
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by iammolahs(m): 8:28am On Jul 03, 2020
J111333:

He's a scholar doing his masters over there
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by JayromWrites: 8:30am On Jul 03, 2020
J111333:
His neighbor purportedly sent him a message on Facebook and he wired money just like that, isn't he a compound fool?

What stopped him from walking to his neighbor's doorstep or call him on phone and discuss the business face to face?

Learn to comprehend.. Don't be quick to type

He is now in UK

This neighbor of his, is in Nigeria
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 03, 2020
JayromWrites:

Learn to comprehend.. Don't be quick to type

He is now in UK

This neighbor of his, is in Nigeria

...and the neighbor in Nigeria lives inside river Niger that he doesn't have a phone? undecided
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Darkseid(m): 8:48am On Jul 03, 2020
I doubt if it was for a business transaction; he probably "invested" it to earn 10m in 24hrs. Nigerians will never learn, the one reigning for them now is this Forsage stuff.
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by aprilwise(m): 9:32am On Jul 03, 2020
I was scammed 40k by a lady in Twitter using binary options
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2020
aprilwise:
I was scammed 40k by a lady in Twitter using binary options
it was probably a guy using a lady"s picture.There are a lot of them of them on facebook as well.i have been sent requests by dudes using female accounts on facebook requesting i send money to them which they assured me will be tripled in some days time.the main reason of using female accounts is to put your guard down.one of them was assuring me he is a mother of four and can never scam anyone.some of these guys pretending to be women with an intent to scam are just shameless.My block button is always busy.Some as soon as they know u blocked they will form another account and still send u the same message cheesy.anytime anybody brings to my ear on any ponzi scam i quickly block them..they will start with this phrase..have you heard of this scheme and how pays and blah blah blah cheesy.99 percent of the scheme they bring to you are just scams.we shouldnt be falling for these ppl"s gimmicks.
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
Darkseid:
I doubt if it was for a business transaction; he probably "invested" it to earn 10m in 24hrs. Nigerians will never learn, the one reigning for them now is this Forsage stuff.
lol they are numerous..they all have the same formula cheesy..send them 2k and in five days they will multiply it for u and send u 200k grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
iammolahs:

He's a scholar doing his masters over there
hmm i just hope its not the tuition fee sent by his ppl back home that he used.i get a lot of scam mails promising me juicy hits if only i sent money to them..i completely ignore them..i dont fall for their gimmicks

(1) (Reply)

. / Date: I Love You So Much Is One Of The Reasons Relationships Don't Last / He Raped His Sister And Got Killed. But That's Not All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.