Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

How I Was Scammed Yesterday - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Was Scammed Yesterday (803 Views)

I Reported To Access Bank I Was Scammed See Their Nonsense Reply PHOTOS / Nairalanders, Kindly Help This Friend Of Mine Who Got Scammed Yesterday / How I Got Scammed Of 10k By Lavita Ricca Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed Yesterday by Osiki18(f): 8:43am On Jun 16, 2023
Good morning fellow nairalanders
Please I need your help. I paid N5000 to a guy I met online yesterday for a ushering job (not name of the real business) after the payment I received a text to pay another N4500 for security and movement fee. I declined because that was not the agreement from the beginning and I asked him to refund my 5k since I was no longer interested in the business only for him to say I cannot withdraw my money since I have started the process.

I called my bank and they referred me to the police station. Plus does anyone have an idea as to how else I can go about this?

His account is a palmpay account
Re: How I Was Scammed Yesterday by taylor89(m): 8:45am On Jun 16, 2023
Otilo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed Yesterday by Treasure17(m): 8:47am On Jun 16, 2023
Osiki18:
Please I need your help. I paid N5000 to a guy I met online yesterday for a ushering job (not name of the real business) after the payment I received a text to pay another N4500 for security and movement fee. I declined because that was not the agreement from the beginning and I asked him to refund my 5k since I was no longer interested in the business only for him to say I cannot withdraw my money since I have started the process.

I called my bank and they referred me to the police station. Plus does anyone have an idea as to how else I can go about this?

Don't know if you have an account with palmpay. With that it would be easy for palmpay to freeze his account once you report him for erroneous transfer and fraud. Your bank is funny sha, go police station because of ordinary 5k grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Yesterday by Nonywendy(m): 8:52am On Jun 16, 2023
Osiki18:

There is nothing u can do at this point except going to court to get court order for the bank to freeze the customer's account and refund you. But on top how much do u want to this, 5k? U will end up paying more than 5k to get the 5k. This is called negligence, u dint do proper due diligence before transacting with a scammer. Next time shine ur eyes well. The money don go.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Yesterday by Treasure17(m): 8:52am On Jun 16, 2023
taylor89:
Otilo
grin grin
The only way she can retrieve her money is peradventure she has an account with palmpay. Palmpay that froze someone's account cause of 1k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed Yesterday by Bahamas95(m): 9:06am On Jun 16, 2023
Honestly I don't understand why someone would transfer money to a total stranger for whatever reason(s). undecided

I won't even do that in my dream.....Just forget about the money because Nigerian banks are useless, they won't help you. The only thing they're good at is deducting money from customers account.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? / Does Love Really Exist Here In Nigeria / Dumped Her For Asking For Xmas Clothes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.