Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India (1102 Views)

DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna / Riele Come O! I Just Found Your 2019 Certificate Inside keke Napep ! / Ladies, Abeg Come O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by DZTech: 12:55am On Jul 03, 2020
wots ur take? cheesy
The dowry system in India[1] refers to the durable goods, cash, and real or movable property that the bride's family gives to the bridegroom, his parents, or his relatives as a condition of the
marriage . [2]
Dowry stemmed from India's skewed inheritance laws, and the Hindu Succession Act needed to be amended to stop the routine disinheritance of daughters. [3]
Dowry is essentially in the nature of a payment in cash or some kind of gifts given to the bridegroom's family along with the bride and includes cash, jewellery, electrical appliances, furniture, bedding, crockery, utensils, vehicles and other household items that help the newlyweds set up their home. [4]
Dowry is referred to as Dahez in Arabic .[5] In the far eastern parts of India, dowry is called
Aaunnpot .[citation needed ]
The dowry system can put great financial burden on the bride's family. [6] In some cases, the dowry system leads to crime against women, ranging from emotional abuse and injury to even deaths. [7] The payment of dowry has long been prohibited under specific Indian laws including the Dowry Prohibition Act 1961 and subsequently by Sections 304B and 498A [8] of the Indian Penal Code .

The Dowry Prohibition Act 1961 defines dowry: "Dowry means any property or valuable security given or agreed to be given either directly or indirectly - (a) by one party in marriage to the other party in marriage; or (b) by the parents of either party to a marriage or by any other person to either party to marriage or to any other persons;at or before or after the marriage as consideration for the marriage of the said parties, but does not include dower or mahr in the case of persons to whom the Muslim Personal law applies."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowry_system_in_India
Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 03, 2020
Na dem I wan Marry before grin
Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by tobechi74: 1:41am On Jul 03, 2020
IBO vs india

1 Like

Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by DZTech: 10:10am On Jul 03, 2020
Haba, ladies contribute na grin
Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by InfinityFabric: 11:51am On Jul 03, 2020
So in India, I will the one calling the likes Amara, something something lassie, and other "broke shamers" of NL broke ?
No wonder there are lots of SIMPS in India!
Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by rationalhuman(m): 2:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
If here Women have to pay for wedding, Most of them have to live alone as all these girls cant afford 3 meals yet they have sense of entitlement.

Atypical Black girl expect everything from men.
Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by DZTech: 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
wia una joy na

encourage our sista to put mout jare! lol
InfinityFabric:
So in India, I will the one calling the likes Amara, something something lassie, and other "broke shamers" of NL broke ?
No wonder there are lots of SIMPS in India!
rationalhuman:
If here Women have to pay for wedding, Most of them have to live alone as all these girls cant afford 3 meals yet they have sense of entitlement.

Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by InfinityFabric: 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
DZTech:
wia una joy na

encourage our sista to put mout jare! lol
OK OK, I promise I will try to change.
Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by DZTech: 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
InfinityFabric:

OK OK, I promise I will try to change.
nl ladies, com na. wink
support or oppose?
Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
See how is gallivanting all over the thread like he discovered a cure for Coronavirus grin.

So what do you want us to contribute now?
Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by Premiumwriter: 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
Ariza:
See how is gallivanting all over the thread like he discovered a cure for Coronavirus grin.

So what do you want us to contribute now?
at least he found partial cure for broke shaming grin
Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
Premiumwriter:
at least he found partial cure for broke shaming grin
Really?

Explain more!
Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by Premiumwriter: 7:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
Ariza:
Really?
Explain more!
I look like ya boy
Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by SweetCunt97(f): 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
rationalhuman:

You simply lack sense. So you think it is d Indian ladies independently that pays dowry? Your brain no tell you say na family affair? Olodo
Re: Feminists, Come O! Dowry System In India by DZTech: 10:57am On Jul 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:
You simply lack sense. So you think it is d Indian ladies independently that pays dowry? Your brain no tell you say na family affair? Olodo
u 4 jus talk ur own, leave d insults inside ur brain na undecided
abi u wan talk sey na lie him lie?
meanwhile, since u say na family mata, y girls go dey shame boys?

(1) (Reply)

Why Did My Wife Betray Me: Is It Pressure Or Lust-please Advise / I Had Sex In My Dream....pls Hellpp / This Is Why I've Decided Not To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.