Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,344 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering (51441 Views)

Four Women Arraigned For Alleged Obstruction Of Justice & Attack On EFCC Staff / Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges / Paul Gabriel Amos, Lamborghini Driver Charged With Money Laundering - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by 22brains(m): 7:30am On Jul 04, 2020
nice post. I wonder how people fall victim of investing money To generate profit in minutes

2 Likes

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by ntyce(m): 7:32am On Jul 04, 2020
dannybrasky:
Thought hushpuppy say him no be Nigerian,

Werrin come be this?

From the affidavit, he just bought citizenship of St kits
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:32am On Jul 04, 2020
naptu2:

Which still proves my point, he was arrested because he committed a crime, the victims complained and the authorities acted, not because he flaunted the money. There are many people that changed their identities and were still arrested. There are people who moved to countries that had no extradition treaty with the US and were still arrested. In fact, Manuel Noriega became the dictator of Panama and I watched on TV as the US invaded Panama, removed him from office, took him to Miami in order to try him for drug offences.
Noriega? Man that was over 3 decades not now.
You have to commit a crime to get arrested right? But he became a person of interest when he started flaunting that lifestyle on social media.
Fireeye Inc which is a respected organization in the cyber security industry wrote a report about Nigerians displaying questionable wealth on social media admist rising cases of BEC, same thing with the lead reseacher at Norton security.
You can't flaunt over a million dollars on social media and not become a person of interest.
It's not always about one being reported.

9 Likes

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by northvietnam(m): 7:33am On Jul 04, 2020
Jkyoung:
I type this with tears in my eyes. I decided to share say this here because if I need somebody to hear my voice, as I approach my end.
If I write this on Facebook, family and friends will see it and panic will set in, I don't want that. Devoid of our differences, Nairaland is also family to me.
The choices I made in life are mine, but the forces at work are overwhelming. I was weak to their manipulations.
All I ever wanted was to be an Engineer, to make mama proud and take care of my siblings.
Believe me I have Love in my heart. I wanted to just be a better version of myself but nothing seems to work.
When it seems like I am making a little progress, my desires are there to remind me that I am only but a prisoner.
It appears to me that I was created a failure. I failed my family once again, myself, Society and God almighty.
Now I am not afraid of death, I am only sad as I picture the face of Mama, Papa, Brothers and sisters crying while I lay motionless oblivious of everything( I know I will surely hear their wailing from the other side)
I don't want to be judged, but that isn't really my choice to make.
The next 3 weeks will be very crucial to my existence, if I survive it, then I will know that I will grow old and reach 95( I have always told anyone that cares to listen that I will live to 95).
I know they are not reading this now, and nobody that knows me personally is; I just want to tell mom that I love her. To dad; All I wanted was to make him proud. To my brothers and lovely sisters: I love you guys, take care of mom and dad and succeed where I have failed.
To my Nairaland family, God bless you all. I will miss the Afonja's, Igbos, Nyamiris, Brown roofs, red mud, Arewa's(do they even have any special insulting name like the rest of us?)Lala and his snakes, the feminists( feminists are wonderful people, thank God they don't breed well). Lol

I sincerely pray I survive this. Precious Blood of Jesus Christ, Save Us and the whole world.

Greet my grandpa.... tell am We dey alright over here

3 Likes

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by sonofElElyon: 7:33am On Jul 04, 2020
5-7 years minimum would be a slap on the wrist..
he deserves much more..
he'll serve a bit of time then come out to enjoy the fraction of his loot that was cleverly hidden..

Ishilove:
"The Billionaire Gucci Master." Werey Oloriburuku.

From the report, the US have a water tight case and I don't see Hush escaping this. A plea bargain may give him fewer years but he will not escape 5-7years minimum.

This is where greed will lead you. Hushpuppi and and his ilk are unarmed robbers (I kept seeing the word 'hit' in his messages), utilising technology to rob from people of their hard earned money. Fraudsters and corrupt government officials should be made to face long jail terms with VERY hard labour to serve as as a deterrent to others. That is the only way forward.

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Britxt007(m): 7:33am On Jul 04, 2020
what is the problem you are facing in life that someone else haven’t pass through, remember the case of Job in the Bible and use that as a case study, DM me on Instagram (Britxt) and I will also share with you my sad story because everyone on earth have a sad story to tell. #Britxt (Instagram)
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Holluwaphlexy(m): 7:35am On Jul 04, 2020
Jkyoung:
I type this with tears in my eyes. I decided to share say this here because if I need somebody to hear my voice, as I approach my end.
If I write this on Facebook, family and friends will see it and panic will set in, I don't want that. Devoid of our differences, Nairaland is also family to me.
The choices I made in life are mine, but the forces at work are overwhelming. I was weak to their manipulations.
All I ever wanted was to be an Engineer, to make mama proud and take care of my siblings.
Believe me I have Love in my heart. I wanted to just be a better version of myself but nothing seems to work.
When it seems like I am making a little progress, my desires are there to remind me that I am only but a prisoner.
It appears to me that I was created a failure. I failed my family once again, myself, Society and God almighty.
Now I am not afraid of death, I am only sad as I picture the face of Mama, Papa, Brothers and sisters crying while I lay motionless oblivious of everything( I know I will surely hear their wailing from the other side)
The next 3 weeks will be very crucial to my existence, if I survive it, then I will know that I will grow old and reach 95( I have always told anyone that cares to listen that I will live to 95).
I know they are not reading this now, and nobody that knows me personally is; I just want to tell mom that I love her. To dad; All I wanted was to make him proud. To my brothers and lovely sisters: I love you guys, take care of mom and dad and succeed where I have failed.
To my Nairaland family, God bless you all. I will miss the Afonja's, Igbos, Nyamiris, Brown roofs, red mud, Arewa's(do they even have any special insulting name like the rest of us?)Lala and his snakes, the feminists( feminists are wonderful people, thank God they don't breed well). Lol

I sincerely pray I survive this. Precious Blood of Jesus Christ, Save Us and the whole world.

suicide isn't and with never be the way boss,I believe whatever you are going through is just a phase in life where you face an hard time in just few period to reaching that limelight you never thought of,don't give up and I believe all will be well soon..
#$halom
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Britxt007(m): 7:36am On Jul 04, 2020
[quote author=Jkyoung post=91354845]I type this with tears in my eyes. I decided to share say this here because if I need somebody to hear my voice, as I approach my end.
To my Nairaland family, God bless you all. I will miss the Afonja's, Igbos, Nyamiris, Brown roofs, red mud, Arewa's(do they even have any special insulting name like the rest of us?)Lala and his snakes, the feminists( feminists are wonderful people, thank God they don't.

what is the problem you are facing in life that someone else haven’t pass through, remember the case of Job in the Bible and use that as a case study, DM me on Instagram (Britxt) and I will also share with you my sad story because everyone on earth have a sad story to tell. #Britxt (Instagram)
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by naptu2: 7:36am On Jul 04, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

You have to commit a crime to get arrested right? But he became a person of interest when he started flaunting that lifestyle on social media.
Fireeye Inc which is a respected organization in the cyber security industry wrote a report about Nigerians displaying questionable wealth on social media admist rising cases of BEC, same thing with the lead reseacher at Norton security.
You can't flaunt over a million dollars on social media and not become a person of interest.

He became a person of interest when victims complained and the authorities traced the crime to him.

This is my latest thread. This is from 2017! Why wasn't he arrested then?

https://www.nairaland.com/5968627/throwback-nairalander-exposed-hushpuppis-criminal#5968627.4

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by PrinceMajestic: 7:37am On Jul 04, 2020
Falz called out that idiotic singer 9ice for praising fraudsters and later falz went to settle with him again in a club as though he did wrong for calling out the stupid 9ice for praising hushpuppi n other fraudsters. Nigerian musicians are always dirty. I can't wait 1mb for any Nigerian music. I only like them in partys I rarely attend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by paradigmshift(m): 7:37am On Jul 04, 2020
ennon92:
The award for "The Most Foolish Human Of The Century" should be given to Hushpupet

You go about scamming ppl of their hard earned money causing them sifia pain, as if that's not enough u still have the effrontery to post and flaunt ur opulent lifestyle on social media...Wait o, Shay him mama no dey talk to am ni...I guess the English Premier League club wey the guy wan scam na Arsenal football Club, that stingy club...to buy better players Na wahala, na hin Hushpupet wan com scam

Mompha is the next target, ur days would soon be numbered... It's a shame how these criminals are being celebrated back home.

Ode.
Your government dey scam u daily, u never do anything
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by chelsea1116(m): 7:38am On Jul 04, 2020
Jkyoung:

Hey bro.
I read this and couldnt hold my tears..have u never thought of a possibility of getting blessed with a good wife?
Think about it..imagine ur life turning arnd for good at some stage in ur life..with 3 beautiful intelligent kids that will call u DAD..

U WILL GET TO DAT 95YRS BRO!! We all experience difficulties at some stage in our lives and wot determines a winner is he who handled his struggles with calm.. I dnt know wot u face but bro its not permanent.

Pls dont be selfish cos u would hurt alot of ppl.
Nothing breaks d heart of parents dan burying their child.
U r stronger dan d weakness u feel ryt now.
Think and reason am.
One love.

5 Likes

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by paradigmshift(m): 7:39am On Jul 04, 2020
naptu2:
Hushpuppi was not caught because he flaunted his illegally gotten wealth on social media. He was caught because he committed a crime, his victims complained to the authorities and the authorities traced the source of the crime. He would have been caught whether or not he lived a lavish lifestyle.

Lol, he was caught because he shows off.
All those many talk from Fbi na nonsense
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by runningriot: 7:39am On Jul 04, 2020
Some one wrote an emotional comment relating to suicides in page one please! the Nairaland family should quote his statement and give him hope already he believed on us that is why he posted it here. Hushhuppi is not relevant! For that brother life is a mysterious mystery but the flavour of of is patients and endurance! blow out your emotional and psychological distress to the people around you for it is the best way to fight DEPRESSION don't keep your problems to yourself and live LONELY try to make frantic efforts to pray and associate with people! the best solution can't be more than the problem and even the NIBE said no one has right to take his life or that of others please your life is important and keeping you UUP to now he has a plan! in the book of Isaiah he said our plans are not of his! and before you were born he has a plan for you plans of good and not of evil! please Come down and drop the suicide thoughts. God bless you and I wish you goodluck!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 04, 2020
Please everyone, the guy that share that suicide post needs to be taken seriously. I can see that he made some tribalistic post about Yoruba but no body is above mistakes, even though I am a Yoruba guy, I am ready to help him out.

What is exactly your problem?

Money, education, health?

Kindly share with us and I believe we nairalanders can solve it with togetherness. If it is to contribute something for him. Lots of whites use GoFundMe to help each other, God will not come down and help anybody, unfortunately we are all we've got.

2 Likes

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by paradigmshift(m): 7:41am On Jul 04, 2020
eyinola:
Gucci, Fendi, versace, rolls royce, Bentley ,Ferrari should come and nail this guy na grin grin

Ode
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Burnguveren(f): 7:41am On Jul 04, 2020
Why use a free email like yahoo.com and gmail.com and you use iPhones, Instagram, favebook. It was too easy to to be able to track is every movement. All this app are base in USA. It's easy for them.

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by faithful9111: 7:41am On Jul 04, 2020
Memberclub:
Did Instagram give interpol his login details?

Is that not illegal?
Lol even nairaland will give your details once you fumble.
That's why I operate new accounts each month cool
Hushpupet is a fool.

Seun = crownedrookie = bunnae = Aududunine11 = what?? Lol
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by naptu2: 7:41am On Jul 04, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Have you ever heard of these Nigerians that were arrested? Were they arrested for showing off or for committing a crime.

This is my previous thread. https://www.nairaland.com/5930972/mike-pompeo-issues-statement-nigerian

There are many many such criminals that live a quiet life and are still arrested.

Have you heard of Peter Ololo? He was driving an ancient 504 when he was arrested.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by naptu2: 7:42am On Jul 04, 2020
paradigmshift:

Lol, he was caught because he shows off.
All those many talk from Fbi na nonsense

naptu2:

There are many people that have engaged in fraud and are living a lavish lifestyle, but have not been arrested either because the victims have not complained or the authorities have not been able to trace the crime to them yet. The most significant thing about Hushpippi's arrest is the fact that he committed a crime, the victims complained to the authorities and the authorities were able to trace the crime back to him. Without that there is no case. What would affect the jury is the magnitude of the crime and the impact on the victims.

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by runningriot: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2020
Jkyoung:

Some one wrote an emotional comment relating to
suicides in page one please! the Nairaland family
should quote his statement and give him hope
already he believed on us that is why he posted it
here. Hushhuppi is not relevant! For that brother life
is a mysterious mystery but the flavour of of is
patients and endurance! blow out your emotional
and psychological distress to the people around
you for it is the best way to fight DEPRESSION don't
keep your problems to yourself and live LONELY try
to make frantic efforts to pray and associate with
people! the best solution can't be more than the
problem and even the NIBE said no one has right to
take his life or that of others please your life is
important and keeping you UUP to now he has a
plan! in the book of Isaiah he said our plans are not
of his! and before you were born he has a plan for
you plans of good and not of evil! please Come
down and drop the suicide thoughts. God bless you
and I wish you goodluck!

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:45am On Jul 04, 2020
naptu2:

He became a person of interest when victims complained and the authorities traced the crime to him.

This is my latest thread. This is from 2017! Why wasn't he arrested then?

https://www.nairaland.com/5968627/throwback-nairalander-exposed-hushpuppis-criminal#5968627.4
Who were the victims that reported? There's a world of difference between stealing from individuals and stealing from corporations.
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by SeanBeezy(m): 7:46am On Jul 04, 2020
Jkyoung:

Can you email me?
or you can call/WhatsApp 07033736829
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by kingvick09(m): 7:46am On Jul 04, 2020
Jkyoung:

YOU CAN SURVIVE IT !!!

YOU CAN DO IT!

DEATH IS NEVER AN OPTION,,,
LIVE TO FACE IT.............

MIND IF SHARE MY OWN STORY WITH YOU?
HI, ME ON WHATSAPP 07057635533

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by naptu2: 7:46am On Jul 04, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Who were the victims that reported? There's a world of difference between stealing from individuals and stealing from corporations.

Who was the victim that reported Invictus Obi? Was it not a corporation??
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Fucsheetup(f): 7:46am On Jul 04, 2020
naptu2:
Hushpuppi was not caught because he flaunted his illegally gotten wealth on social media. He was caught because he committed a crime, his victims complained to the authorities and the authorities traced the source of the crime. He would have been caught whether or not he lived a lavish lifestyle.
LOL
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Samstrange44(m): 7:46am On Jul 04, 2020
Jkyoung:

Wats wrong bro?
Wat ever it is, it has a solution, please don't give up, look for some one to confide in. God will see you through

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Fucsheetup(f): 7:47am On Jul 04, 2020
KataKaraNG:
Looks like the end of the road for Ray Hushpuppi and I hope this serves as deterrent for those who idolise him. Shame on our Contemporary musicians who sing the praises of these criminals.
MOTIVATION, you mean.
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by SeanBeezy(m): 7:48am On Jul 04, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:
Hushpuppi is very very lucky...entering USA without Visa in a pandemic period grin
He has a UAE passport, you can eneter the US without a visa with a UAE passport

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 04, 2020
Jkyoung:

Pls don't do it. Last year October/November I was suicidal. I ran into debts and let down my family. I just wanted to end it all. But thank God I didn't. Though I'm still paying off the debts I have seen that my exit would have ruined my family both immediate and extended.

Pls rise up and face the challenges. I thought there was no way out but I'm still here today. Pls reconsider your decision.
I'm here today cos of God's mercy and grace. Embrace him wholeheartedly and he'll give u the strength to overcome whatever it is.

4 Likes

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:49am On Jul 04, 2020
naptu2:

Have you ever heard of these Nigerians that were arrested? Were they arrested for showing off or for committing a crime.

This is my previous thread. https://www.nairaland.com/5930972/mike-pompeo-issues-statement-nigerian

There are many many such criminals that live a quiet life and are still arrested.

Have you heard of Peter Ololo? He was driving an ancient 504 when he was arrested.

If you drive a 504 without covering your tracks properly then you will end up being arrested.
Go and read about the case of $18m stolen from the scoular company as reference. The perpetrators are free men despite an indiction from a US court.
Even in Naija we have someone who is a governor now and has a money laundering case in the US.

2 Likes

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by ntyce(m): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2020
naptu2:

Which still proves my point, he was arrested because he committed a crime, the victims complained and the authorities acted, not because he flaunted the money. There are many people that changed their identities and were still arrested. There are people who moved to countries that had no extradition treaty with the US and were still arrested. In fact, Manuel Noriega became the dictator of Panama and I watched on TV as the US invaded Panama, removed him from office, took him to Miami in order to try him for drug offences.

Obviously, it's no crime in flaunting your wealth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Police Arrest Onyekachi Ikowa (2Baba's Deputy) In Bayelsa (Photo) / Lady Confronts Man Sexually Harassing Her In A Bus Because Of Leg Chain (video) / Man Claims To Be A Soldier, Begs After Being Caught Breaking Covid-19 Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.