Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. (74702 Views)

Can't Use Glo Betting Agent Data Plan / You Can Use These Apps If Government Shuts Down The Internet / Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Pweetyccee(f): 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
Goalnaldo:
come Lemme open account for you. You will enjoy it especially the memes and funny replies cheesy
I have Twitter account already but neva mind
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by ezugegere(m): 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2020
mac699:
Interested in face shield contact 08024282193

How much?
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by adams123: 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2020
JESUSisKING1:
Him/her/she/he/his/===them/they
This is because some people that God created as Males want to turn themselves to females while some females see themselves as males. Even some don't see themselves as male or female.(neutral gender)
All these are the gimmicks of satan to distort the the original work of the almighty jehovah
One day , all of us will stand before Jesus and give account of our days while on earth

Before Jesus or before GOD, THE ALMIGHTY?
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by salford1: 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2020
felixeno:
Donald Trump is right, twitter tyranny is something else.
Trump should go and set up his own social media company. It's not by force to do business with twitter.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by salford1: 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
ExHusband:
Nigerians have such terrible comprehension problems, my god. They didn't say *you* can't use these words. They said *they* (Twitter) are going to stop using these words. My god this is a country of IQ 65 people!
Are you just knowing. That's one of the reasons the country is in a mess. A large association of low IQ people. The few intelligent ones have migrated to North America and Europe grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Xbee007(m): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ekugbeh:
This is coming from the official handle of Twitter Engineering.

The said We’re starting with a set of words we want to move away from using in favor of more inclusive languages.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TwitterEng/status/1278733305190342656
Op, you clearly do not understand that tweet. The post was meant for programmers working at Twitter not for tweeter netizens.
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by DanteAutos(m): 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ekugbeh:
This is coming from the official handle of Twitter Engineering.

The said We’re starting with a set of words we want to move away from using in favor of more inclusive languages.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TwitterEng/status/1278733305190342656

Interesting.... it’s being a while I’ve bedn on Twitter though...

If anyone here is in need of Affordable Cars, Tokumbo and Nigerian Used, We Buy/Swap&Sell

Click My Profile
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by NobleAngell(f): 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
paulolee:
good...asif it concerns the naija users...we always have our own ways to beat these blacklisted words na... just like the same coded ways we de take beat and still type the words wey nairaland censored and blacklist...
Exactly
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
It's 1984 all over again. Take control of language.

These leftists Sha...
Do you know what leftism is. Think, you are a Nigerian not a dumb American.
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by heendrix(m): 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
realokopi:
Am I the only one that still doesn't understand Twitter?

Let's find somewhere to gather

1 Like

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
Does it change the price of foreign rice in the market. Abegii shuor.
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Denique(f): 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
Irrational Political Correctness. So now, you gonna force LGBT down our throats?
Gullible minds be thinking it's about #Black inclusiveness. It's all a #Charade!...see through pls...!

Modified:

For the people above saying, it's within the company, I tell you what! It's a gimmick...other companies will adopt it soon to sound correct also and who are those that work in those companies? Humans...that's right!

Gradually, it becomes a form of expression and boom...it's universal!

Wondering how "TOEFL" gonna look like in a few years to come as "a man or a woman" will be each referred to as "They"...all in their bid to appear woke and soothe " Them"!

America-a supposed English country, pushing for the wrong use of the English Language to massage the ego of LGBT...Ironic and bewildering!

So much for Democracy if you have to always change the narrative for some confused select few undecided

God help us all!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by LabUdegbe(m): 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
how will somebody say "blacklisted" now?

DENYLISTED abi? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by bigname23: 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
ExHusband:
Nigerians have such terrible comprehension problems, my god. They didn't say *you* can't use these words. They said *they* (Twitter) are going to stop using these words. My god this is a country of IQ 65 people!
Bros don't blame dem, na d op, the way he wrote the title, like me wen I clicked d thread at first,I just moved directly to d words until I saw dat guys comment saying it was not for users but d company, den I went back to read the tweet b4 for the words and then I checked Google to clearify, d op is d source of d confusion

1 Like

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by joyfullyjoyous(f): 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
Blackmaria
Blackmail
Blacklist

Plus other words that portray black as negative should all be changed.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by meobizy(f): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Seun should follow suit, since copying is all the African knows how to do.

I hate how all these companies change a few things, pretending they are all for African American rights, when they won’t give two fvcks to pacify the people unless their business is at stake. Now every organization acts like they’re woke to the suffering of the black man only because it is the trendy thing to do. African Americans are also idiots, they allow these little gestures sway them from criticizing most companies’ blatantly racist ways.

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by maestro299: 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
It's 1984 all over again. Take control of language.

These leftists Sha...
The clampdown has begun. Who say Bible no correct? I only pity the ignorant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by NybenSBF101(m): 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
Leftists want to indoctrinate the world. When is President Trump joining Parler

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by kirkwood: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
rfdgkdsfmv
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Jaqenhghar: 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
...and I thought nairaland was bad
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Bmaster(m): 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
setobaba:
Nairaland should follow suite
God forbid bad thing.
follow suite for wetin?
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by toprealman: 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2020
Bae: he is coming over
Now:
Bae: They are coming over.....

For what exactly
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Faithful4real(m): 12:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
AntiWailer:

lol get your head off Trump's asss. it will help you a lot.

lol get your head off Obama wife's ass. it will help you a lot.

There you are. Edited it for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by oodua1stson: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2020
All these just to allow LGBTQ ? Now you see why you need to stand by Donald Trump. This low lives wants to bend the world to Thier will

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by TMwise1942: 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mark right now

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ramos16:
Lol, this is wrong information, Twitter is removing it from their company not the platform you can use it

It took me less than 10 seconds to decipher this. It just didn't make sense, very misleading
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2020
The title is misleading.
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by StreetFight: 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2020
JESUSisKING1:
Him/her/she/he/his/===them/they
This is because some people that God created as Males want to turn themselves to females while some females see themselves as males. Even some don't see themselves as male or female.(neutral gender)
All these are the gimmicks of satan to distort the the original work of the almighty jehovah
One day , all of us will stand before Jesus and give account of our days while on earth

Useless bastards, they want to force their devilish gender neutrality one everybody. It's not a must that I use Twitter. If I cannot say he/she/he/his, then will not arrest me for keeping off their Lucifer agenda and staying off their Twitter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by akure1stson: 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
Denique:
Irrational Political Correctness. So now, you gonna force LGBT down our throats?
Gullible minds be thinking it's about #Black inclusiveness. It's all a #Charade!...see through pls...!

Obama is the source of this problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by sheyitokz(m): 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
wetin concern me with this yeye thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Transfer Airtime To Bank Account? / Lady Who Posed On Top Of A Car Becomes A Laughing Stock Online - Photos / Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.