Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Adultery Is Witchcraft - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Adultery Is Witchcraft (3929 Views)

Adultery Is Not An Act But An Atitude. / Adultery, Is It A Way Out / Nigerian Married Men And Adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adultery Is Witchcraft by Orikinla(m): 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2011
Believe it or not, adultery is witchcraft.
Only a witch or wizard will lure you into adultery.

There is no excuse for you to sleep with a married man or woman.
Anyone who lures  you into it wants to destroy you. If you want to know how evil it is, find out the miserable lives of the victims.

The tragedy is the evil society is quicker to condemn the woman who commits adultery than the  man. Both of them are equally guilty. If you are going to stone the woman caught in adultery, you must also stone the man who committed it with her. The evil discrimination against women makes more men to commit adultery with impunity, but would raise hell when their wives do so.

Men started polygamy to escape from being accused of adultery. A man can marry and sleep with up to 20 wives, but a woman cannot dare it and escape from being called "You LovePeddler!". Men made laws that would keep women under them. So, single women, never be fooled and used by a married man to break the heart of his wife. It is a curse for you a woman to be used  to destroy another woman.

1 Like

Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by sistajay(f): 6:42pm On Feb 01, 2011
Orikinla, you talk sense for here!!! I say make you leave the witch or wizard bit out, it dont make sense!!

1 Like

Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by MrCork17: 7:09pm On Feb 01, 2011
sista-jay (f), sweeery, since u in London and moi in london, can we copulate? wink
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by Orikinla(m): 7:09pm On Feb 01, 2011
Witchcraft is used here to mean wishing and doing deliberate evil to alter and destroy the life of another.  Every act begins from the thought of it. Adultery is nothing but witchcraft. A husband once passed pubic lice from the loins of another woman to his innocent wife.
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by grpCaptain(m): 8:38pm On Feb 01, 2011
Orikinla,

I am sorry that your words are not gospel and your rage against men starting polygamy is amusing to say the least.

I am a living example of why polygamy not only works but beneficial. My father had 4 wives, one died and he took another one after that. Most of the help I got from moving up and becoming a successful person came from my brother who's from another wife, and not the ones whom we share the same mother.

Our family bond is very strong and many of us grew up to be successful and very friendly. I don't get the demoralization of polygamy by the current day holier-than-thou feminist and their girly men.

I am a muslim and the religion of Islam allows a man to have upto 4 wives, with the condition of treating all of them equally. I don't want to make this a religious issue, but my religion is fundermental to my way of life. I am not a saint, but hearing a muslim woman condemning polygamy has been the biggest turn off in my experience. If you don' believe part of a religion, then you have no business with it. In other words, you are an hypocrite.

It is important that we do not question the wisdom of God. It's not surprising that in the current day and age where one man one wife is the most popular and fashionable thing to do, we now have more cases of adultery and fornication + divorce on levels that make the people of Sodom and Gomorrah look like saints.

There are many instances of polygamy in the bible as well. So for the christian brothers, it's my hope that you have not imposed on yourself, what God did not impose on you. Jesus might say a lot of things in parables, but he never accuse Moses of adultery for having two wives. By the way, there are many cases of polygamy in the bible. If you so much hate polygamy and call it adultery, then learning and praising of Abraham, Moses and David who are polygamist may seems hypocritical to me.

Polygamist in the bible; Source http://www.biblicalpolygamy.com/polygamists/

Abdon* Abijah Abraham Ahab Ahasuerus
Ashur Belshazzar Benhadad Caleb David
Eliphaz Elkanah Esau Ezra Gideon
Heman* Hosea* Ibzan* Issachar** Jacob
Jair* Jehoiachin Jehoram Jerahmeel Joash
Lamech Machir Manasseh Mered Moses
Nahor Rehoboam Saul Shaharaim Shimei*
Simeon Solomon Terah* Zedekiah Ziba*
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by Orikinla(m): 9:43pm On Feb 01, 2011
The subject is adultery and not polygamy.
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by grpCaptain(m): 9:50pm On Feb 01, 2011
You mentioned that Men stared polygamy to escape from adultery. If polygamy is a way of avoiding evil, my question is whether polygamy is good for single women or not.
To make it clear, many God's own people, such as Abraham, Moses and David are polygamist and therefore God is in approval of polygamy.

This is my question to you orikinla,

Are you in approval of polygamy to avoid evil adultery?
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by grpCaptain(m): 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2011
orikinla: You wrote; A man can marry and sleep with up to 20 wives, but a woman cannot dare it and escape from being called "You LovePeddler!". Men made laws that would keep women under them. So, single women, never be fooled and used by a married man to break the heart of his wife. It is a curse for you a woman to be used to destroy another woman.

tt
Anybody with an average intelligence would see through your objective that you are calling on single women to avoid polygamy so as not to destroy their fellow women. In other words, the subject is adultery, I agree with you, but you are blaming it on polygamy. Unfortunately, you are also blaming men for avoiding evil (adultery) through polygamy. It became clear to me where your grudges lies most.

My original post elucidate why polygamy is indeed beneficial and not the scape goat you made it to be.
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by Orikinla(m): 6:42am On Feb 02, 2011
grpCaptain,
I appreciate the depth and lucidity of your defence of polygamy.

My father was a polygamist and he was a great father who wanted the best for all his children.

When God created Adam and Eve and others as well, he meant well. But men and women went astray. Look at the circumstances of polygamy in the Holy Bible. It was allowed to avoid ADULTERY and to prevent having children outside marriage. When King David committed adultery God was very angry and David suffered for it.

The benefits of your father's polygamy are not always the case for others. You see how many others languish and even perish in disputes over family welfare. In fact, in most cases there are more problems than benefits. My elder step sister still complained that our father loved my own mother more than hers.

Lest we lose focus of the main topic,  adultery is the worst nightmare in marriage. Have you not seen how those who commit adultery plan and plot to do more evils as they either abort unwanted  pregnancies or have children outside their marriages and these innocent children live with the stigma and trauma of the curse of adultery.

Step-brothers have had sex with their step-sisters and even had children before they discovered that they were children of the same parents.

Murders have been committed in adultery.  The miseries are endless.
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by ShyOne(f): 7:01am On Feb 02, 2011
Orinkla

wowww

i love your thought process - i completely agree with your post - thank you
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by Orikinla(m): 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
The dangers and grave consequences of adultery have been found to be the causes of many crimes. As children from broken homes after their parents separated or divorced grow up with bitterness and sadness and others have become rebellious against their families, communities and societies.

Interviews with many criminals and prostitutes have shown that majority of them come from broken homes of separated and divorced parents. And adultery is the common reason for many cases of separation and divorce.
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by grpCaptain(m): 5:24pm On Feb 02, 2011
I completely understand that your focus is on adultery, but I felt that your rage against men as the cause of adultery is what bothers me.

Both men and women are guilty of adultery. The statement you made can also be said of married women chasing after young and single boys/Men. If polygamy is a way out of adultery, then I am all for it.

Remember that adultery by a man cannot be committed without a willing woman (single or married).

In these days where women have more rights, freedom and continue to earn more money, most of them feel the need to do whatever they like, including adultery. I am not lumping all women together as bad since there are many good women out there, including the ones here on Nairaland.

I am married to one wife and have no plans of practicing polygamy. However, I do leave my options open. If I would have to go down the path of adultery, then I would choose to be a polygamist instead.
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2011
OP, are you a woman wrapper? undecided
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2011
grpCaptain:

Orikinla,

I am sorry that your words are not gospel and your rage against men starting polygamy is amusing to say the least.

I am a living example of why polygamy not only works but beneficial. My father had 4 wives, one died and he took another one after that. Most of the help I got from moving up and becoming a successful person came from my brother who's from another wife, and not the ones whom we share the same mother.

Our family bond is very strong and many of us grew up to be successful and very friendly. I don't get the demoralization of polygamy by the current day holier-than-thou feminist and their girly men.

I am a muslim and the religion of Islam allows a man to have upto 4 wives, with the condition of treating all of them equally. I don't want to make this a religious issue, but my religion is fundermental to my way of life. I am not a saint, but hearing a muslim woman condemning polygamy has been the biggest turn off in my experience. If you don' believe part of a religion, then you have no business with it. In other words, you are an hypocrite.

It is important that we do not question the wisdom of God. It's not surprising that in the current day and age where one man one wife is the most popular and fashionable thing to do, we now have more cases of adultery and fornication + divorce on levels that make the people of Sodom and Gomorrah look like saints.

There are many instances of polygamy in the bible as well. So for the christian brothers, it's my hope that you have not imposed on yourself, what God did not impose on you. Jesus might say a lot of things in parables, but he never accuse Moses of adultery for having two wives. By the way, there are many cases of polygamy in the bible. If you so much hate polygamy and call it adultery, then learning and praising of Abraham, Moses and David who are polygamist may seems hypocritical to me.

Polygamist in the bible; Source http://www.biblicalpolygamy.com/polygamists/

Abdon* Abijah Abraham Ahab Ahasuerus
Ashur Belshazzar Benhadad Caleb David
Eliphaz Elkanah Esau Ezra Gideon
Heman* Hosea* Ibzan* Issachar** Jacob
Jair* Jehoiachin Jehoram Jerahmeel Joash
Lamech Machir Manasseh Mered Moses
Nahor Rehoboam Saul Shaharaim Shimei*
Simeon Solomon Terah* Zedekiah Ziba*

My friend go and marry your 10 wives and stop being annoying . . . angry angry

Also, kindly stop quoting the bible - a book you know absolutely nothing about!

The bible does not allow more than one wife neither does it allow divorce - deal with it!

1 Like

Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by grpCaptain(m): 6:10pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ujojoan,

I don't know if I should call it ignorance or just pure bias and resentment. In any case, the bible stories are clear and straightforward and you don't need a rocket science degree to understand them.
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^ All is permitted. It's not a sin to marry many wives.
You just have to ask yourself, "Do I need this much drama in my life?".
Men could live in such homes those days because of the laws in place then.

TODAY however, with women having certain liberties, I pity the guy who tries to even do this.
First of all, you would be hard-pressed to find a woman that would even accept it.
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by Orikinla(m): 7:37pm On Feb 02, 2011
No need to say more than I have already stated. Adultery is witchcraft. When a married person sleeps with another person, it is witchcraft. Those who are guilty of it know what I am saying from their evil acts.
Re: Adultery Is Witchcraft by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 03, 2011
grpCaptain:

Ujojoan,

I don't know if I should call it ignorance or just pure bias and resentment. In any case, the bible stories are clear and straightforward and you don't need a rocket science degree to understand them.

Who's the ignorant one here undecided

Like I said, quit quoting what you don't know about.

Should we also quote murderers and thieves from the bible and use them to justify these crimes undecided

Plsssss . . . Your attempt to give biblical examples from the old testament . . a law that was literally abolished after the death/resurrection of Christ . . is quite embarrassing! undecided

Your religion is the cause of so many deaths in Nigeria and for your to open your mouth and justify it and quote the bible in the same breath is simply annoying! angry angry

(1) (Reply)

The Real Story... Nigerian Guy Busts Girlfriend Who Tried To Con Him Of N50,000 / What Attracted You To Your Partner?? / I Can’t Stay A Day Without S.ex, I Think I Will Invite Our House Boy To Do Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.