Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,494 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) (97028 Views)

21-Year-Old Woman Falls Into Domestic Well In Kwara And Dies (Graphic) / Nigerian Lady Who Was Injured In Gas Explosion Dies (Graphic Photos) / Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by adetunjioludami(m): 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
authority2006:

Trust me, static electricity produces charges that are in hundreds and thousands greater than phone calls that produce little to nothing. Just removing your cloth from your body at night in some specific periods, you would see a sparkle and hear loud sounds as you try to remove the cloth

So what do you conclude on?
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Biggers82(m): 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
Ignorance is a big problems to us in this country called Nigeria
You will tell a Nigerian man or woman to switch off his or her self phones while at the fuel station they will not do that
You ask them not to go near the gas with their phone they will not now look at it
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by ndidibabe(f): 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
wittyt98:
RADIATION
Can you explain further?
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by deltateam: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
None of you has even made any connection between this event and village people.

I have answered numerous calls near gas and nothing of the sort has happened.

What you fail to understand is that there are projections and prayers will wade off attacks.

May God console her family.

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by AnyaIgbo: 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
NewBea:
Connection between phone call and gas explosion is what i still don't understand!
Because matter behave also like "particles".
The particles(molecules) of the gas is in constant random motion. These particles move rapidly (i.e. they have a Coefficient) that they try to behave in a way similar to any particles vibrating around its environment. When one makes a call, the air particles vibrate & also the phone sends signal in form of light wave; that by its movement collide with the gas particles which results to release of energy (in form of heat/thermal, sound).
This only happens in an "open system" (when the molecules are allowed to interact with the environment). And not when it is a "closed system".
This also happens when lightning strikes.
Lightning looks for the easiest path to get to the ground/earth to be neutralized but when one makes call during this time, the lightning which is made up of particles(photons), sees that path and follow; since your phone sends its signals in frequencies of light waves.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by imehjunior(m): 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
They should check for gas leaks . The static spark from phone cannot ignite a fire.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by adakoleagbenu: 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
Guys , a LEAKY gas cooker can cause an explosion, a tiny ignition from a phone's tiny electric signal is enough to cause an explosion � � �. the thing is it is difficult to detect a leaking gas in a home till its molecules saturate the atmosphere of the home and you can perceive it , by then it is even more dangerous. That's why it is advisable to not make or pick phone calls near cooking gas

3 Likes

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by emmy512: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
awoo47:
yh static electricity is underated
i remember one sweater i dey use wen i dey jos
if i pull of off i dey always hear sparks sound

Naso i try pull am off fr darkness, e be lyk fireworks
Even combining of hair generates enough static to carry a piece of paper, sitting on some plastic chairs with your fit on the ground makes your hair on skin rise when it goes close to the chair.
Simply 2 opposite forces of same family attracting each other.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
ghettokid1:
A Woman has died after suffering severe burns while answering a call close to her cooking gas.
Friends took to Facebook to share photos of her burns after the incident as they prayed for her to survive. Unfortunately, her health took a turn for the worse and she died. Her friends are mourning Her on Facebook while warning people to desist from answering phone calls near a cooking gas.

See below!

Fake news.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by emmy512: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
HabibGwen230:
please which one is camp gas? Are they the 5kg,6kg etc that we use in our hostels at school?
Most often yes.
Camp gas are those ones that have the burner ontop of the gas cylinder.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Motivational324: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
‪“We Don’t want” Bamaso “ Youths shout loud to President Muhammad Buhari ... ���‬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU2li-hEXEI
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by loyaltygame(m): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
anonymuz:
i don't understand.
Spiritual! spiritual!! spiritual!!!
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by moses2k1: 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
so so sad
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by authority2006(m): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
ajl:

You can go try it. Tnough it won't happen every time. But if you are unlucky to have someone that spilled petrol around you, you will surely get toasted. Just go on Youtube to see examples of "stubborn goats" like you that got smoked.

Don't be like someone who wasn't raised properly. Haven't you seen people making or receiving phone calls in petrol stations to the extent that the attendants would be the ones telling to stop it? Use your head now.
Just search Google, you will discover that many have tried this experiment and nothing exploded. Go ahead and check it out. Not everyone hears things and believes it like that just like you.
BTW: which YouTube are you talking about? Any link to where phone call ignited petrol or gas? Liar!
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by authority2006(m): 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
ajl:

I don't need research on Google to tell me what could happen.. I have worked professionally with very flammable gases to non-flammable but dangerous ones, from hydrogen to methane, and CO2, Make the mistake of leaving the gas turned on for too long before attempting to light it. No matter what, it depends on how much gas is in the air. It doesn't mean it will happen every time but a poor error in judgement or situation can make the unexpected happen.

I thought the argument was about phone calls causing explosion of flammable materials? Stop this fiction, please.

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by mrmannothot: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
ajl:

Not radiation. Its static electricity.
kk thanks
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by lightwind(m): 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
Only God knows what a cell phone is made of i mean the properties. You can't make call near your burning gas, you can't make call inside a filling station, you can't make call where there's a hospital equipments. Me just tire for the kind ingredients them take cook cell phone o
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by authority2006(m): 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
adetunjioludami:

So what do you conclude on?
If there is highly flammable gas in the air, static electricity from our cloth is more than enough to cause explosion. But phone calls causing explosion near petrol or gas still remains fiction, no one has been able to prove it. People attempted it but nothing happened
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by emmy512: 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
selfmadeboss:
tell that tothis dead guy here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhzrS6iLeLY
Bruh, certain conditions have to come to play before something happens. You can't just see the video and assume it was cos of the phone.
It could've been a coincidence that when he took the phone something else happened that triggered the explosion.
This theory has been tested over and over again and nothing happened.
Maybe his phone had underlying issue that caused it.

I don't know the facts, I'm just as clueless as y'all but from the little i know that's the explanation, we should just be careful.
I myself have used my phone numerous times in fuel stations. Even the attendant's working there use there phones to kill time. Why didn't anything happen.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by ajl: 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
omat20:
This is a big lie because I just gave my mum her phone to answer her call in the kitchen and the gas is on. This is like 10mins ago and e no explode

The gas knob turned on with no flame is different from a gas cooker with flame of burning gas. If your gas cooker has fire then you don't expect to have gas in the air. We are talking about forgetting to turn off the gas or leaving it turned on for too long without lightening the cooker immediately. Don't be a mad scientist.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by vickydevoka(m): 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
God of Israel!!! cry cry..what is this sad. May the good lord console the soul of the concerned families, amen sad
Na today !! Gas bad o. One fyn gal for my school dat year na gas finish her if u see her u no go recognize her. Dis lyf nobody knows tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by ofiko123(m): 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2020
Sad,RIP to her..
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by ajl: 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
emmy512:

Bruh, certain conditions have to come to play before something happens. You can't just see the video and assume it was cos of the phone.
It could've been a coincidence that when he took the phone something else happened that triggered the explosion.
This theory has been tested over and over again and nothing happened.
Maybe his phone had underlying issue that caused it.

I don't know the facts, I'm just as clueless as y'all but from the little i know that's the explanation, we should just be careful.
I myself have used my phone numerous times in fuel stations. Even the attendant's working there use there phones to kill time. Why didn't anything happen.

Are these Nigerian gas stations where everyone is not safety conscious. Do you have gas stations in Nigeria where there are signs with instructions pasted clear enough on "Dos and Donts" when you are at a gas station?
You know you folks are special people. I suppose a shout of "blood of Jesus" will put out the flame.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by nath34(m): 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
so sad she couldn't survive it. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by dalass(f): 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
NewBea:
Connection between phone call and gas explosion is what i still don't understand!

Gas is obviously fuel and cell phone works with electrical charges... Even at filling stations_ cell phone usage is prohibited... So if you can connect cell phone and petrol being fire hazard, how much more cooking gas and cell phone...even cell phone and generator is a no- no.. Pls let's all be guided
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Rafaell(m): 3:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
Very high levels of ambient electric charges created by the criss-crossing of network reception n transmission within the phone's very small m restricted operational space. What is the final result when this highly charged electromagnetic activity occurs in a poorly-controlled gas disemmination environment... an explosive effect majorly caused by high-density accumulation of leaked gas in an enclosed space (enclosed space here means, poorly or hardly ventilated kitchen or anyother cooking room �)

I am a gas operator of 10yrs field experience, with a 1st degree in Geophysics... so pls dun ask me how I know these things ���

NewBea:
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by legionISproteus: 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
NewBea:

There is no connection. People should rather stop managing leaky gas cylinders and spreading fake news. The Chetanwa of a person is not Ok angry

adakoleagbenu:
Guys , a LEAKY gas cooker can cause an explosion, a tiny ignition from a phone's tiny electric signal is enough to cause an explosion � � �. the thing is it is difficult to detect a leaking gas in a home till its molecules saturate the atmosphere of the home and you can perceive it , by then it is even more dangerous. That's why it is advisable to not make or pick phone calls near cooking gas

Do you really think your phone electric signal is enough to trigger a gas explosion from a leaky cooking gas cylinder? Think about it
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by legionISproteus: 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
Oharina:
Damn... It's unfortunate.
With deep regreat in her family's heart and gratitude to the Almighty, they annouce the sudden death of their promising young daughter, who died as a result of an ignition between her cooking gas and the network of her phone by answering a call while the gas was on without puting fire to it first. Because of lack of patience and ignorance, it exploded and she died. Chai, it a pity, what a promising young sweet girl that died just like that?
R I P to her...
Cellphones do not trigger gas explosion sir
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by ajl: 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
lightwind:
Only God knows what a cell phone is made of i mean the properties. You can't make call near your burning gas, you can't make call inside a filling station, you can't make call where there's a hospital equipments. Me just tire for the kind ingredients them take cook cell phone o

If your body can generate very low level electricity or transmit electricity, then how much more an electrical item that rely on electromagnetic field to operate. Even you as a biological being, your body rely on electrical processes to function. If it stop, one will simply drop dead. From the working of the brain to pumping of the heart, to body movement.

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by legionISproteus: 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
wittyt98:
RADIATION
Are you fuçking kidding me? Are you only using big words so you can sound a bit more photosynthesis?
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Em5(m): 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
NewBea:

Mobile phones are believed to produce electric field which in some cases can ignite gas/petrol fumes. It is same reason you are advice not to make calls in a gas/petrol station.

There has been back and forth argument about the fact of this but it's better to err on the side of caution they say.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Opperwezen(m): 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
wittyt98:
RADIATION

Smartphone radiation is no where near enough to cause a fire, you'll be needing a hell LOT if them if you plan on starting a fire using smartphones only.

The gas was ignited by something else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus / 10 Foods That Increase Sperm Count / My Man Is A 2 Min Man. Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.