Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Am Losing Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am Losing Faith (437 Views)

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / Losing Faith | My Departure From Theism [cc] / Girl Breaks Down After Losing Her Shop At Dunamis Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Losing Faith by lokobyforch(m): 7:48am On Jul 05, 2020
I do like every well meaning Christian to look at this from a logical perspective rather than a religious one...

I was in church today and was told to go back because I had no mask on me, good and fine it is a government directive and should be obeyed, I just have two questions for we Christians:

1. Has God changed, the reason for this question is because I remember that a few months ago (before the pandemic) Churches were use to telling us how cancer, epilepsy, HIV and other deseases were cured by the power of the most high(God), my question now is where is God now that the world is battling with COVID-19.

2. What has the church done so far? Can u imagine sending a member out of the church premises because he had no mask, we heaven fall if the church buys face mask and distribute on Sundays, where is charity? It is so shocking that the pastor that will ask you to give to God something of value can't do same.

AM LOSING FAITH...

2 Likes

Re: Am Losing Faith by tunene66: 7:50am On Jul 05, 2020
lokobyforch:
I do like every well meaning Christian to look at this from a logical perspective rather than a religious one...

I was in church today and was told to go back because I had no mask on me, good and fine it is a government directive and should be obeyed, I just have two questions for we Christians:

1. Has God changed, the reason for this question is because I remember that a few months ago (before the pandemic) Churches were use to telling us how cancer, epilepsy, HIV and other deseases were cured by the power of the most high(God), my question now is where is God now that the world is battling with COVID-19.

2. What has the church done so far? Can u imagine sending a member out of the church premises because he had no mask, we heaven fall if the church buys face mask and distribute on Sundays, where is charity? It is so shocking that the pastor that will ask you to give to God something of value can't do same.

AM LOSING FAITH...

Hold on to JESUS
Re: Am Losing Faith by lokobyforch(m): 7:53am On Jul 05, 2020
Am devastated...and why it got to me is because I had no money on me.
Re: Am Losing Faith by tunene66: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2020
lokobyforch:
Am devastated...and why it got to me is because I had no money on me.

Meet the Pastor one on one.
Re: Am Losing Faith by blackpanthar: 8:02am On Jul 05, 2020
lokobyforch:

AM LOSING FAITH...

Logically, YOU ARE SO SO WRONG....

Romans 13:1-2 says: "Obey the government, for God is the One who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. So those who refuse to obey the law of the land are refusing to obey God..

How did you even get to the church without facemask and police did not stop you.... you are a law breaker and stop trying to victimize church for not providing for you.... THAT IS NOT THE CHURCH'S DUTY. Even if you had no cash, how did you get to church... yet you could not even BEG or ASK FOR MONEY TO BUY ONE.... you took offence because you think you have a right.... WERE YOU FORCED TO GO TO CHURCH? Pls no reason you can give is justified.

You are well aware of the laws the president and your governor has given that no one should be walking around without FACEMASK.. yet you had the sheer audacity and effontery to go all the way to church and then feel justified that the church should have provided for you??.... what is wrong with you going to BUY.... And do you think everyone in church(even you) has faith? that you are citing miracles and healings that has been announced in your church? Pls stop this childish arrogant ignorance.

So if the government comes to inspect your church and sees you without facemask and locks down your church, wont you find another church to go? will you fight for your pastor and defend him? I FEEL SAD THAT YOU COULD EVEN COME HERE AND DEMAND US TO LOOK AT IT LOGICALLY....

You are in total violation of the laws.... You were never supposed to be able to get far from your house without a mask, even entering a bus...

And F.Y.I. God has not changed.... In the old testament if a priest enters the presence of God(I mean your merciful God o) without properly cleaning himself, he dies.... so wake up and stay woke. DO YOU NOT CONSIDER THE SAFETY OF OTHERS IN CHURCH... it is wicked to VIOLATE LAWS IN THE NAME OF FAITH when everyone is not equal in faith... very myopic and wicked.

Finally.... EVEN OUR LORD AND MASTER JESUS NEVER TOUCHED THE LEPERS..... because Leprosy is communicable by contact... he only spoke the word and they were clean... yes o... JESUS OBSERVED SOCIAL DISTANCING FROM THEM... pls have some logical sense if you do not have the Holyghost to give you spiritual wisdom.

WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD... where everything is PRACTICAL AND ASSUMED THEORIES ARE CHALLENGED. Next time stay at home and worship God without your mask.

1 Like

Re: Am Losing Faith by lokobyforch(m): 8:09am On Jul 05, 2020
blackpanthar:

Romans 13:1-2 says: "Obey the government, for God is the One who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. So those who refuse to obey the law of the land are refusing to obey God..

How did you even get to the church without facemask and police did not stop you.... you are a law breaker and stop trying to victimize church for not providing for you.... THAT IS NOT THE CHURCH'S DUTY. Even if you had no cash, how did you get to church... yet you could not even BEG or ASK FOR MONEY TO BUY ONE.... you took offence because you think you have a right.... WERE YOU FORCED TO GO TO CHURCH? Pls no reason you can give is justified.

You are well aware of the laws the president and your governor has given that no one should be walking around without FACEMASK.. yet you had the sheer audacity and effontery to go all the way to church and then feel justified that the church should have provided for you??.... what is wrong with you going to BUY.... And do you think everyone in church(even you) has faith? that you are citing miracles and healings that has been announced in your church? Pls stop this childish arrogant ignorance.

So if the government comes to inspect your church and sees you without facemask and locks down your church, wont you find another church to go? will you fight for your pastor and defend him? I FEEL SAD THAT YOU COULD EVEN COME HERE AND DEMAND US TO LOOK AT IT LOGICALLY....

You are in total violation of the laws.... You were never supposed to be able to get far from your house without a mask, even entering a bus...

And F.Y.I. God has not changed.... In the old testament if a priest enters the presence of God(I mean your merciful God o) without properly cleaning himself, he dies.... so wake up and stay woke. DO YOU NOT CONSIDER THE SAFETY OF OTHERS IN CHURCH... it is wicked to VIOLATE LAWS IN THE NAME OF FAITH when everyone is not equal in faith... very myopic and wicked.

Finally.... EVEN OUR LORD AND MASTER JESUS NEVER TOUCHED THE LEPERS..... because Leprosy is communicable by contact... he only spoke the word and they were clean... yes o... JESUS OBSERVED SOCIAL DISTANCING FROM THEM... pls have some logical sense if you do not have the Holyghost to give you spiritual wisdom.

WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD... where everything is PRACTICAL AND ASSUMED THEORIES ARE CHALLENGED. Next time stay at home and worship God without your mask.

Am so wrong; Agreed. What has your church done for the society during this pandemic?
Has it cost them something?
Tithing is over emphasized along side offerings, are we just enriching someone or we are serving God.
Re: Am Losing Faith by captainprogress(m): 8:17am On Jul 05, 2020
blackpanthar:

This nigga na Pastor oooo...
Re: Am Losing Faith by Professorcplus(m): 9:08am On Jul 05, 2020
lokobyforch:

Am so wrong; Agreed. What has your church done for the society during this pandemic?
Has it cost them something?
Tithing is over emphasized along side offerings, are we just enriching someone or we are serving God.
Funny is the way most congregation take their pastors and God serious is not same as the way some pastors take God serious. Only if these congregation pay close attention to their pastors personal life only then they will know that your pastor is driven by personal interest they are only using the congregation to achieve their own life dreams.

Only in Nigeria everybody wants to become a pastor or best own a church in their names. You see them fighting over sharing formula of another man's tithe. Some even make jist behind closed doors with other pastor in crime of how some members narrate their life problem to them like as if they themselves didn't have problem. They even competite for the most anoited when on pupilt. Some envy another when the church is getting more audience. It is not about God or Christ... It is more about business and survival.

2 Likes

Re: Am Losing Faith by Emmatee1816(m): 9:15am On Jul 05, 2020
lokobyforch:

AM LOSING FAITH...
who is the church in the first place?.its the congregation of course . heaven wouldn't fall aswell if you assign yourself to donate face mask.the superiors are not the only once responsible to provide basic amenities.its high-time we stopped seeing church as an enterprise.as for not granting you access to the premises,it was a very good thing to do.(they shouldn't disobey government guidelines,because even in the Bible,it is written that we give what belongs to Caesar to Caeser.they are many other facts out there to counter your claim,but as we all know,this is a public forum and we shouldn't abuse it.
Re: Am Losing Faith by OtemAtum: 9:17am On Jul 05, 2020
Pls lose it faster. Faith is deception.

2 Likes

Re: Am Losing Faith by Emmatee1816(m): 9:22am On Jul 05, 2020
blackpanthar:

I wish I could write as good as this.and I really hope a small percentage of we humans can reason as good as this too.he disobeyed basic directives,and he his ranting.so if he was arrested for not using facemask while on his way to the church.he would expect his church to come and face the authorities?let's try to be responsible for our actions and deeds.

1 Like

Re: Am Losing Faith by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2020
You're not alone. I was slowly loosing faith until covid19 came on board and exposed the hypocrisy in religion. Now I've lost the faith completely.

All those pastors that heal diseases on television suddenly disappeared. Upon all the suffering in the land, some pastors still opened online portals to collect tithes and offerings.

Imagine poor villagers in small church communities giving offering to a pastor that flies private jets up and down.

My sundays now na rest day. I sit before my television with glass of wine in hand all day long except I have buddies to hang out with.

4 Likes

Re: Am Losing Faith by lokobyforch(m): 10:39am On Jul 05, 2020
Emmatee1816:
who is the church in the first place?.its the congregation of course . heaven wouldn't fall aswell if you assign yourself to donate face mask.the superiors are not the only once responsible to provide basic amenities.its high-time we stopped seeing church as an enterprise.as for not granting you access to the premises,it was a very good thing to do.(they shouldn't disobey government guidelines,because even in the Bible,it is written that we give what belongs to Caesar to Caeser.they are many other facts out there to counter your claim,but as we all know,this is a public forum and we shouldn't abuse it.

Am certain u are a pastor, and it's a shame, covid 19 exposed the hypocrisy in some of this Churches, now you know the church does not owe you a dime, but they ask for your penny at any given opportunity...

2 Likes

Re: Am Losing Faith by lokobyforch(m): 10:41am On Jul 05, 2020
J111333:
You're not alone. I was slowly loosing faith until covid19 came on board and exposed the hypocrisy in religion. Now I've lost the faith completely.

All those pastors that heal diseases on television suddenly disappeared. Upon all the suffering in the land, some pastors still opened online portals to collect tithes and offerings.

Imagine poor villagers in small church communities giving offering to a pastor that flies private jets up and down.

My sundays now na rest day. I sit before my television with glass of wine in hand all day long except I have buddies to hang out with.

Am telling you...when they need to buy a land, or a bus or build a school, it is for God, what have they done for God? TAX collectors

2 Likes

Re: Am Losing Faith by lokobyforch(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2020
Emmatee1816:
I wish I could write as good as this.and I really hope a small percentage of we humans can reason as good as this too.he disobeyed basic directives,and he his ranting.so if he was arrested for not using facemask while on his way to the church.he would expect his church to come and face the authorities?let's try to be responsible for our actions and deeds.

Why are you been an hypocrite...are u living in America?
Re: Am Losing Faith by Emmatee1816(m): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
lokobyforch:

Am certain u are a pastor, and it's a shame, covid 19 exposed the hypocrisy in some of this Churches, now you know the church does not owe you a dime, but they ask for your penny at any given opportunity...
I am so far from being a oastor.i am as worldly as everyone of us.have I justified your curiosity
Re: Am Losing Faith by Emmatee1816(m): 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
lokobyforch:

Why are you been an hypocrite...are u living in America?
how are you so sure I am not living in America?abii people living there have 2heads.or better still,if I am not living in america.,I should behave ignorant or cowardice.pls you don't have a valid point here joor.
Re: Am Losing Faith by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
tunene66:
Meet the Pastor one on one.
Without a mask? You wan make e kill rhe pastor? shocked shocked
Re: Am Losing Faith by Nephilim: 11:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
Putting facemask to church is blasphemy.

(1) (Reply)

Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? / Nigeria Goes Gaga Whenever I Declare Prophecies – Mbaka / "Eating" With Sinner Who Seek Repentance Vs Eating With Hardened Sinners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.