Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,481 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Can We Pray Together? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Pray Together? (37052 Views)

Do You Pray Together As Boyfriend And Girlfriend?honest Answers Needed / Can We Pray Together? / Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 31, 2007
uchetracy:

The Lord has really led u on this and other things u must be a very nice person OLowolee.recieve more strength and i will pray for as many people as i read about their Issues because God by the way is always listening as His hands are not too short to deliver nor His ears deaf God bless u sister

Thank you my sister, and May God bless you too. It's really of the Lord's mercy that we are not consumed.
Once again you're welcome on board grin

@Hamabra
You told us at the last hour, i was wondering if you actually forget that it was your birth-date. Don't let the cakes and drinks pass us bye!

@Obanikoro
We bless God on behalf of your sister and we pray Him to see her through it all. It is well cheesy.

@everyone!
Good Morning!, Happy Month End. . . . and welcome to a New Month of Greater Testimonies in Jesus name and may His blessings fill our lives till overflowing cheesy
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 11:42am On Oct 31, 2007
amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2007
hamabra:

@all
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY, GOD HAS BEEN FAITHFUL

CONGRATS! ARE U PLANNING TO SEND US E-COKE AND E-FOOD OR PLANNING TO I.V US TO A BASH grin grin grin cheesy cheesy.
May the LORD increase you beyond ur imagination.

You shall always be a testimony to others.

pls, go to sleep; you are blessed already.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by larriederm(m): 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2007
@femib26,

AMEN

@OLOWOTEE
AMEN

@ OBANIKORO2

AMEN
@HAMABRA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ARREAS, MIND U I NEVER SEE MY OWN CAKE OOOOOO!smiley
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2007
@ALL.
I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR UR PRAYERS GOD BLESS U ALL, AM HAPPY I FOUND MYSELF IN UR COMPANY, U GUYS ARE TOO MUCH.
U ARE ALL BLESS IN JESUS NAME AMEN
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 11:26am On Nov 01, 2007
i got this from a friend. See wat they are turning xtaindom. Its serious ooooo.

Oh, how sad. Saints take note that these are the last days!!

ENTEBBE: It's as strange as it's true. A man of God of Ghanaian extraction was arrested and interrogated at Entebbe Airport after he attempted to clear a machine which, police say; he has been using to deliver electric current on unsuspecting worshippers during church service.

"Pastor' Obiri Konjo Yeboah on July 5 failed to convince Aviation Police officers why he needed this machine to do God's work. He is now facing serious charges including fraud and false pretence," Police Spokesman Asan Kasingye told Sunday Monitor.
Police said the machine could be worn like a corset on the body. It also can generate up to 12 volts.
"When (he) touches his flock, they fall down (thinking) he is using super natural powers," Asan Kasingye said. The machine is placed on any part of the body and gives a pleasant electric shock to whoever touches you.
The waterproof electric machine is activated within 10 seconds and can emit sparks of static electricity between the user's fingers while in darkness. The American company manufactures the machine known for freaking people's minds.
Kasingye said the machine using the body as a conductor of electricity, transfers the current to the person in contact but the one using the device remains unaffected. Other "Born Again" pastors including the head of the National Council of Born Again Churches (NCBC), a body that regulate Pentecostal churches, are calling for prosecution of Yeboah.
"Police should interrogate him properly, know where he stays and the people he works with so that we get a clear picture of it all," said Pastor Alex Mitala who heads NCBC. Yeboah is a pastor in We Are One Ministry Church on Sir Apollo Kaggwa Road , Makerere. His father, other pastors say, is Obiri Yeboah, the controversial pioneer of miracle healing in Uganda . His followers include several local pastors who include John Kakande.
Pastor Solomon Male said: "It's a pity they have arrested Yeboah but police should not allow him to use a machine to deceive he has supernatural powers," Male said. "Yeboah's father was a witch, magician and I am not surprised that he was caught with that machine," Male added.
Yeboah has denied charges he tried to import an electric shock machine to make people believe he could pass on the Holy Spirit.
"This is a toy. It was sent for my daughters' birthday," said Yeboah. The pastor told the BBC that during his prayers, members of the congregation "act as the spirit comes in them".
There has been a massive growth in churches set up by charismatic preachers in Africa in recent years, amid fears some could be fraudsters.
The website of the company which makes the "Electric Touch" machine, among other magic tricks, says: "Charge a spoon, keys or coins and watch as it shocks a volunteer!
"They will believe you have supernatural powers!"
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2007
@Femid26
That is ridiculous. . . shocked shocked shocked. Electro-Pastors grin

Your earnest prayer please.
I'd covet in your prayers once again. Sometimes ago, I sent a request about an award I've been longing up to God for. Actually it's the  NYSC Presidential Award. I was nominated some months back. And the latest development is that: I received a call from one of the reps yersterday, informing me of the presence of some delegates from Abuja, who had come to investigate the said project. The issue now is that he said none of my project picture was seen!!! Despite the fact that I submitted a full album of the complete project, the press release and some other "evidences to proof" . Please, do pray along that God would intervene and take all the Glory due to His Holy Name.

Thanks for been there.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Bblak(f): 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2007
OlowoTee:

This is ridiculous. . .

I'd covet in your prayers once again. Sometimes ago, I sent a request about an award I've been longing up to God for. Actually it's the NYSC Presidential Award. I was nominated some months back. And the latest development is that: I received a call from one of the reps yersterday, informing me of the presence of some delegates from Abuja, who had come to investigate the said project. The issue now is that he said none of my project picture was seen!!! Despite the fact that I submitted a full album of the complete project, the press release and some other "evidences to proof" . Please, do pray along that God would intervene and take all the Glory due to His Holy Name. Thanks for been there.

I say a very loud Amen to that.You will soon sing a new song.Takia dearie.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2007
OlowoTee:

I'd covet in your prayers once again. Sometimes ago, I sent a request about an award I've been longing up to God for. Actually it's the NYSC Presidential Award. I was nominated some months back. And the latest development is that: I received a call from one of the reps yersterday, informing me of the presence of some delegates from Abuja, who had come to investigate the said project. The issue now is that he said none of my project picture was seen!!! Despite the fact that I submitted a full album of the complete project, the press release and some other "evidences to proof" . Please, do pray along that God would intervene and take all the Glory due to His Holy Name.

Thanks for been there.

Before the end of the year, i assure you, by the powerful name in JESUS, that you shall laugh. Olowo tee, you will tee to the award and we will celebrate 2gether on this forum.

God's people, do i ve an agreement here? pls, say , i agree!!!!!!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 3:11pm On Nov 01, 2007
@femib26

I AGREE 3x

@Olowotee

Do not fret, the Lord is on ur side and I have neva seen Him fail the ones that are faithful to Him.
He ll not fail you. I will also like you to follow up on the evidencies that are missing. If they cant find them, try and send the copies you have and even evidences on ur blog. The Lord is in control and He will see us through. Remember, we are all in this TOGETHER! take care sis and have faith!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2007
@all
thank you so much for the words of encouragement!

I actually did make a follow up. Thank God I had most of the project pictures online. hence, I had to make a fast contact to someone over there who owns a cybercafe, he got them printed out for me and sent it to them. This was done in some hours later. I wouldn't know if the people actually got it. But, I'm trusting God.

Update
I made a call to the rep some minutes ago, and he told me that they later found 1 picture and that I shouldn't worry but be prayerful about it, things would be okay.

Thank you all. kiss kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 6:36pm On Nov 01, 2007
@OlowoTee,
God is on ur side and not devil himself can stop ur deserved blessings, so pls keep calm as ur victory is TOO SURE.
EXPECTING UR TESTIMONY SOONEST.
REMAIN BLESSED
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 7:53am On Nov 02, 2007
@Olowotee

what I expect from u now is celebration. Start praising God for what He has done.
Claim ur victory by praising Him! We all join u in the praise

@everyone

Nice, beautiful, Glorious, gracious, fantastic, stupendious, amazing, miraculuous, fun-filled and loving weekend to u all.
I love you guys too much! Cant wait to see all of u. grin
Re: Can We Pray Together? by larriederm(m): 9:49am On Nov 02, 2007
@ femib26
I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smiley

@obanikoro2

AMEN, and thank you!  smiley

@ her excellency, olowotee cool

president olowotee smiley , don't be afraid because God is with u, i want u to know that the fear of human opinion disables as the psalmist said in (pr 29: 25)  when u look back at what uve alreadyovercome u begin to realise that most times failure doesnt do permanent damage u actually grow through it. so stay focused in respectful of what u had, wit God u can walk any plank.

your excellency ma, i want u to have faith because faith is like a muscle; opposition may strain it, just as u are experiencing it now, but in the end it grows stronger. the psalmist david understood this principle. he was continually hounded by his enemies, even when he was being anointed to sit on the trone, saul the old king was still occuping it. but instead of loosing faith in God's promise, david understood that, ''the lord has set apart the godly man for himself'' (psm 4:3 ) so he decleared '' in peace will i lie dodn for u lord make me to dwell in safety (psm 4:8 ) even when the philistine captured him he prayed  ''when i am afraid, i will trust in you''' (psm 56:3) and when he ended up in a cave while fleeing from saul's jealous rage he said , ''i will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until this is past'' (psm 57:1).

your excellency, i want u to know that, there is nothing too hard for our God to do, and for this requset as obanikoro has said it is done already! so just be rejoicing because the battle is not URS! is of the lord and he has never fail and he will not fail because of u.  AMEN!

AND SO OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN, THANK You FOR THIS THING You HAVE DONE CONCERNING OLOWOTEE, I RELEASE UR ANGEL NOW TO GO ON OUR BEHALVE AND FIND OUT THE MISSING PROJECT, AND PUT IT IN APPROPRIATE PLACE FOR UR OWN GLORY AND TO THE SAME OF THE DEVIL IN JESUS NAME.! AMEN , AMEN , AND AMEN,

AND THE HOUSE SAY!!!!!              A! M! E ! N   !!!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by juli4real: 11:11am On Nov 02, 2007
God as answered our prayers before we pray,

His grace is always there for us all,

It is well.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2007
hmmh. I'm really short of words! I never knew it would go this way. Thank you all so much. . . @larriedem! thanks for those wonderful words of prayer, I appreciate it. but could you plssssssssssss remodify the post??, I feel the address of excellency is too 'big' for me. I really mean this. I'd appreciate it more if you could discard it. Thanks and God bless you.

While we await more prayer requests from the house. . . . .let the praises begin! It's a New month already and 59days to the end of the Year, 2007. Don't you think you have reasons enough to praise Him. Thnik about it, right it down and begin to praise Him! For the Lord Our God has been faithfu, He's been good, mighty and marvellous. To Him alone be all the Glory, Honour and Adoration. He's been good to me, how about you ?

Shallom!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by larriederm(m): 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2007
@ olowotee
am only telling u what uve not seen and that is the place u are goin to! in jesus name! AMEN.

@JULI4REAL
U ARE WELLCOME ON BOARD!

WE AS A HOUSE , SAY THANK YOU LORD, FOR ALL THE MAVELLOUS THINGS U VE BEEN DOING AND THE WONDERFUL THINGS U WILL DO IN OUR LIFE. TO U ALONE BE THE GLORY.AMEN!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 3:05pm On Nov 02, 2007
@larriederm
I could not help but laugh with all the excellencies in ur post. I thought it cool though. grin
I really appreciate that post and you as well.
You write like someone who studies "The Word Today" alot.

@Olowotee

Take all the excellencies as they come. You may find urself in such positions sooner than u think.
I see it as a prophecy waiting to burst forth soon cheesy
Do take care.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2007
God's pp, how was your weekend and the service? u were lifted, i hope. i ve a prayer request:

I sold my car few months ago when it started misbehaving and the mechanics saw it as a willing instrument of draining money from me; now a need a car badly (2 actually) so that madam and my 2nd wife (my daughter) can allow me use it.

i also need to change my accomodation (The present one is now too small and unbearable).

Please, God's pp join my family in prayers for these break2ro before the end of the year.

I know "He is able to do much more than we can ever asked for"    God bless you all!!!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 6:14pm On Nov 05, 2007
@femi26,
just believe God and am sure He will grant ur heart desires,
the remaining days in this year is TOO MUCH FOR GOD TO GIVE U UR REQUEST.
Waiting to share in ur testimonies.

@ALL,
Pls i have a programme in church this sunday evening and am to discuss on LIFE TRANSITION ie childhood to adulthood and it attached responsibilties for tis different phases, and MONEY MANAGEMENT,ie how we can effective manage our incomes in our home and make our money work for u.
Pls ur constructive contribution and scriptural backing are highly appreciated so the people can be bless thanks.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2007
Hi good day all,

femib26:
God's pp, how was your weekend and the service? u were lifted, i hope.

My weekend was great and stressful! Thank you.

Prayer For Our Family
Actually, the idea of praying for our family crossed my mind over the weekend and I thought over it for awhile, but thank God Femid26 has just initiated the process. It is about praying for our individual family!. . .Nuclear Family, Compound, Extended etc.   wink. Let's pray as the Spirit leads us. . . and I believe that our Father which seeth in secret would reward us faithfully.

Let's start up with this: November 7-8th, 2007

femib26 :

I ve a prayer request:

I sold my car few months ago when it started misbehaving and the mechanics saw it as a willing instrument of draining money from me; now a need a car badly (2 actually) so that madam and my 2nd wife (my daughter) can allow me use it.

i also need to change my accomodation (The present one is now too small and unbearable).

Please, God's pp join my family in prayers for these break2ro before the end of the year.

I know "He is able to do much more than we can ever asked for"    God bless you all!!!

All the best.

@ Hamabra
We'll get back at you as soon as there is any thing to share wink

[center]It is well, even in the well because Jesus is Aware [/center]
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 07, 2007
I read through one of the devotional booklets this morning and got this to share: Faithful Prayer -either private or public is one of the greatest gift you can give to others!, Give someone that gift of love today.

Thank You. kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2007
@ALL,
Please i have a programme in church this sunday evening and am to discuss on LIFE TRANSITION ie childhood to adulthood and it attached responsibilties for tis different phases, and MONEY MANAGEMENT,ie how we can effective manage our incomes in our home and make our money work for u.
Please your constructive contribution and scriptural backing are highly appreciated so the people can be bless thanks.
[quote][/quote]

A friend sent this to me. Hope u found it useful

Erastus Akingbola is the Executive Vice-Chairman of Intercontinental Bank PLC .

Erastus Akingbola of Intercontinental Bank recently delivered a Lecture on
Investment and identified 5 key issues on the topic.

1. An employee can never be rich.
2. Plan yourself out of employment. Have a 5 year plan.
3. Have a dream and a plan for achieving that dream.
4. Promotion is a way of entrapping the best employee
5. Job security is bondage, no one can promise you a job security.

@everybody
Father, bless our homes, families (immediate & distance) & friends. As the year runs to an end, may we fulfill every purpose of our existence in Jesus name.

May the blessings in the name of Ur son, Jesus rest permanently in our families. Jesus, the bible says "U became poor than we will be rich". let us experience Ur riches financially, spiritually, materially, e.t.c o! Lord. Make us to not lack good things of life.

That we will be pertakers of Ur word that says "u shall be the head and not the tail"in Jesus name. We ve an assurance in U because Ur word also says "the desire of the righteous shall not be cut short".

Any way(s) that we might ve fallen short of Ur glory, father, forgive us. Put us not into shame, that our enemies will not make us a laughing stocks.

We thank U because we believe U have answered us,because we pray in the name of Ur son JESUS!!!

Can i get a witness in the House?
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2007
Just to lighten our day.

A bible researcher interviewed Hausa, Yoruba and Ibo folks to know what they
would rather change in the bible if they were given the chance.

The Hausa man said: "Walahi, the adulteress Jesus asked to go should have
been stoned fa!"

The Ibo man replied: "Nna , I can't understand why Judas returned the money
after selling Jesus. In short, he is not a good business man."

The Yoruba man retorted: " Jesus should have waited just one more day before
raising Lazarus from the dead. They must have already paid for the ASO -EBI. At
least he should have allowed them enjoy the OWAMBE before performing his
miracle!!!

Now aren't you glad we cannot alter God's word!

May the Original blessings of God be with you now and always.

Have a Fun day.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 2:28pm On Nov 07, 2007
An on-line friend of mine sent me dis info. you can get across to him if u are interested:

HP nc6000 Pentuim M 1.6GHZ, 60GB HDD, 1GB DDR RAM, CDROM/DVDROM, WINDOW XP PRO, WIRELESS LAN, INFRARED, 15'' SCREEN, N70,000.

HP nc6000 Pentuim M 1.6GHZ, 60GB HDD, 512MB DDR RAM, CDROM/DVDROM, WINDOW XP PRO, WIRELESS LAN, INFRARED, 15'' SCREEN, N65,000.

HP nc6000 Pentuim M 1.6GHZ, 40GB HDD, 512MB DDR RAM, CDROM/DVDROM, WINDOW XP PRO, WIRELESS LAN, INFRARED, 15'' SCREEN, N65,000.

CALL ME FOR MORE INFORMATION. 08033924627. OR 3b PEPPLE STREET OPP ZENITH BANK IKEJA COMPUTER VILLAGE.

He is an ONLINE FRIEND!!! i GUESS THE PRIZES ARE NEGOTIABLE.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2007
@femib26,
thanks for the contributions God bless u,
@all,
Pls need ur contribution especially on LIFE TRANSITION, PLS AM STILL WAITING THANKS
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2007
Hey! Is there anybody in the house? undecided cheesy

I've been so bored with this site, but never bored with the lovely ones I've got in here, How's life with you? And how are you enjoying the change of weather Sorry, Naija people only!, It's been terrible here in Lagos, the sun has been so scorching and traffic terrible. Not forgetting to Pray for our Family. Hope You Did Remember to Pray for Femid26?Of course I did and We're believing God for the best in our Individual lives!

[i]November 9th-10th, 2007[/i]Next is Larriedem, Let's do pray that God would uphold him, protect him and grant unto him and his family the grace to love and serve the Lord even unto the end. Don't forget to pray as the Spirit leads you. Thank You.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2007
Psalm 115:11-15 (King James Version)

11Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.

12The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron.

13He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great.

14The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children.

15Ye are blessed of the LORD which made heaven and earth.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 10, 2007
We praise Thee, O God, our Lord and our King,
Accept Thou the praise we gratefully bring;
Thanksgiving and worship we offer to Thee,
Thou Ruler of nations, in Whom we are free.

We praise Thee, O God, for Thy guiding hand,
In leading Thy church to freedom's fair land;
Through sore persecution our fathers here came,
Where free and unfettered they worshipped Thy Name.

We praise Thee, O God, for years of increase,
For faith unassailed, prosperity, peace;
United we offer our anthem of praise,
To Thee, our Supporter, our Ancient of Days.

We pray Thee, O Christ, our Savior and Friend,
From error and strife Thy Zion defend;
Breathe on us, we pray Thee, O Spirit of love,
And fit us for union with Thy church above.

@everyone
Calvary Peace be unto you. How was your day and the weekend? Wishing you a lovely new week ahead. Rejoice!

November 11-12th - Prayer for Hamabra and Family. cheesy
Don't forget that the God that we serve is a faithful rewarder of deeds. May He bless you tremendously for this little act of kindness. Amen
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 9:16am On Nov 12, 2007
@Larriedem, Hamabra and Families

Fear thou not; for I am with both of you: be not dismayed for I am your God:
I will strengthen you and your families; yea I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.
Behold, all they that were incensed against Larriedem, Hamabra and Families shall be ashamed and confounded:
they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with you shall perish. Isaiah 41.10-11

Then shalt Larriedem, Hamabra and Families Walk in their way safely, and their feet shall not stumble. When they lie down, they shalt not be afraid; yea, they shall lie down, and their sleep shall be SWEET. Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the LORD (meaning God the Father Himself) shall be your confidence, and shall keep Larriedem, Hamabra and Families feet from being taken. Prov. 3.23-26

In Jesus' Name. Amen
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2007
@everyone

Hope you had a lovely weekend?
Mine was splendid!!! Experienced God in a different way.
I am wishing you guys the best week so far.

Awesome Power from God be urs;

Awesome Wisdom from God be urs;

Awesome Grace & Mercy from God be urs;

Awesome Blessings and Wealth from God be urs;

Awesome Protection & Security from God be urs

Divine Health from God be urs;

Unlimited, boundless Favour from God be urs;

Brilliant Knowledge & Understanding from God be urs; and

Abundant Life in Christ Jesus be urs now, today and forever!!! Amen
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2007
@Obanikoro2,
thanks for those wonderful prayer,i am most grateful
my weekend is great and i believed everyone did,
have a great week ahead.
CATCH U AT THE TOP

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply)

Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques / Female Pastor: Eating Draw Soup Makes You Accessible For Kingdom Of Darkness / Meet Jane Watiri: Kenyan Prostitute Turned Pastor & Motivational Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.