Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,487 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Can We Pray Together? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Pray Together? (37049 Views)

Do You Pray Together As Boyfriend And Girlfriend?honest Answers Needed / Can We Pray Together? / Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Pray Together? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:07pm On Oct 05, 2007
Prayer request for all atheists, agnostics and unbelievers that the Lord would open their eyes so that they can see, hear and perceive what the Lord has prepared for them. Pray also, for the peace of Jerusalem, that they may see Jesus as their Messiah and that they would be protected from the enemies that surrounds them.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2007
Please pray for the so called believers that live as if they are atheists, pray that believers would live christ-like lives that would glorify the Lord, edify the church, magnify His Word and terrify the devil. Pray that Christians would receive more grace to overcome all the situations and circumstances that confront us daily. Pray that the Lord would build His church through us and that the gates of hell would not prevail against it. In Jesus' name, Amen
Re: Can We Pray Together? by titotonto: 10:20am On Oct 06, 2007
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Aladunni(f): 10:35am On Oct 06, 2007
larriederm:

@ALADUNNI,
EVERY SICKNESS AS A SPIRITUAL ROOT! SO I CAUSE THE ROOT OF THAT SICKNESS IN THE NAME OF JESUS.! HE HAS RECEIVE HIS HEALING ALLREADY, JUST CELEBRATE!!!!!!!! COS EVERY SPIRITUAL BATTLES ANSWER TO SPIRITUAL CONFIDENCE! he his a pride of christ isa54vs5. it is well with him

Now you are going to make me cry. Thanks for raising your heart in prayer for that boy, he is bounced back to life now and discharged from the hospital. Thanks to you all.

OLAADEGBU:

Please pray for the so called believers that live as if they are atheists, pray that believers would live christ-like lives that would glorify the Lord, edify the church, magnify His Word and terrify the devil. Pray that Christians would receive more grace to overcome all the situations and circumstances that confront us daily. Pray that the Lord would build His church through us and that the gates of hell would not prevail against it. In Jesus' name, Amen

More important than arguments. Everyman is defensive of what he has or matter of fact what he believes. I have seen that in my years of evangelism and so the last thing i will do is to argue with a man over what he so treasures in his heart. PRAYERS, PRAYERS PRAYERS of Mercy is the only thing you can do on their behalf. I read of someone on this site who is converted now, cant remember the name. The whole family were atheists and today its a different story for them. Maybe someone somewhere had been standing in the gap and all we hear is a testimony from her and how it first happened to her dad then the rest members of the family.

@ Olaadegbu
I dont know you but out of all arguments on atheism, i respect your maturity and confidence but above all, as apostle Paul admonished "avoid arguments that can lead to strive". The Lord keep you on in faith and the rewards of TIME and ETERNITY will never elude you nor your humble family IN JESUS NAME
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2007
Hi guys, long time. I want to believe that the lord has been doing wonders in Ur life and Ur family! i ve been a bit busy hence, my absence. What gwan olowo tee & others? der silva how u dey? hope God is doing u well? i asked u to keep us posted about ur prayer point. i believe u are getting used to ur new life & friends.

Yesterday, at the church, it was thanksgiving service, i almost didnot attend the service thankGod for my wife. i learnt in the playlet that the women presented that we all need to praise GOD the more than bother HIM with complains.

Guys, lets learn to praise GOD big time. We ve denied our selves some good things from GOD. most times we complain about unanswered prayers when we ve not appreciate him enough for the ones HE has done.

Pls, pause,  NOW,  AND , say, a word of thanks, NOW, NOW,  HE is waiting to inhabit ur praise!!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2007
My words of encouragement 4 the week! Hope you finds it inspiring,

The next time you feel like GOD can't use you, just remember,
Noah was a drunk
Abraham was too old
Isaac was a daydreamer
Jacob was a liar
Leah was ugly
Joseph was abused
Moses had a stuttering problem
Gideon was afraid
Samson had long hair and was a womanizer
Rahab was a prostitute
Jeremiah and Timothy were too young
David had an affair and was a murderer
Elijah was suicidal
Isaiah preached naked
Jonah ran from God
Naomi was a widow
Job went bankrupt
Peter denied Christ
The Disciples fell asleep while praying
Martha worried about everything
Mary Magdalene was,
The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once
Zaccheus was too small
Paul was too religious
Timothy had an ulcer, AND
Lazarus was dead!

Now! No more excuses!
God can use you to your full potential.
Besides you aren't the message, you are just the messenger.
And one more thing, Share this with a friend or two,
In the Circle of God's love, God's waiting to use your full potential
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2007
Let God be God in your life

If you knew God was preparing to turn around a situation you're worrying about right now, then you would probably let out a big sigh of relief. You would relax and let go of all the pressure. Why don't you go ahead and do that now? Turn it completely over to God and stop trying to figure it all out. David said, "I was young and now I'm old and I have never seen the righteous forsaken." Let God take care of it His way and He'll not only bring you out, but He'll bring you out better than you were before!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2007
It's being glorious by His grace! And how has it been with you too! We felt your absence! wink

Thanks for that write-up and do you mind if I could copy and paste it on my blog?. I got to share it with others out there cos I love it.

Update
We're presently on Olaadegbu's request! Not forgetting Dasilver's and Hamabra's requests! Thank God for Aladunni's nephew, I'm sure he's growing stronger and stronger grin

Maybe one on these days, probably on Wednesday by 12:00noon we should dedicate 30 minutes of praises to our God for answers to our prayers! I chose Wednesday so that the information could go round. Or any suggestion in the house.

Thank You.
Once again, you are welcome back.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2007
yes wednessday is fine
Re: Can We Pray Together? by larriederm(m): 11:30am On Oct 09, 2007
yeah, wednesday is ok
Re: Can We Pray Together? by larriederm(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2007
@ALADUNI.
U DONT HAVE TO CRY, JUST THANK GOD! ONE THING I WANT U TO KNOW IS THAT GOD IS NOT MOVE BY UR TEARS HE ONLY MOVE BY HIS WORD! HALLELUYAH.

@FEMIB26.
WAO ! A GREAT JOB THERE, MAY GOD CONTINUE TO STRENGHTING U. AMEN.

TO HAD TO THE WORD PRAISE!
GOD inhabit the praise of his pple. so ''when u live a praiseful life, God's presence abides with you;and when HE abides with u HE compels signs to attends to u''!.

i want us to know that when we succeed in involking divine presence, then we will live as a sign and wonders to ur generation.

in act 16, paul and silas praise God with thier strenght and the gate of prison open for them.
in 2nd chronicles 20, king jehoshapat won tru praises we all know the story!

so, praise compels God to take over the battles of our lifes.

praise is a convenant technique that quarantees cheap victory, we dont have to be strong to succeed we just have to be smsrt, and praise is the choice of the smart pple.

praise is our access to his presence, JESUS said in john 8:29,he do wat always pleases God and the only thing dat pleases God was found in psalm 69:30-31.PRAISE!

IN HEB. 10:36, IT IS WHEN WE DO HIS WILL DAT WE OBTAIN THE PROMISES, UNTIL U DO HIS WILL DONT EXPECT TO OBTAIN HIS PROMISESS, BUT AS U DO IT , EVERY OBSTACLE WILL BEGING TO GIVE WAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUU, HALLELUYAH!!!!

PLS LET US ENGAGE IN THIS GREAT WEPON, AS WE DO, GOD WILL BLESS US. AMEN. KEEP ON THE GOD WORKS
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2007
wednesday 12noon is just cool, lookoing forweard to it.
nice day
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2007
hmnn, our father, , thats a nice prayer isnt it
Re: Can We Pray Together? by pilgrim1(f): 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2007
I usually visit this thread and take a few requests home to pray for the needs of others; and also rejoice for answered prayers. I'm in for the Wednesday Praise - blessings to you all. cheesy
Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2007
weldone
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 09, 2007
A text message from a concerned father

"Pls help me pray for my daughter Opeyemi doing her GCE exam for execellent pass thank you"

I'm aware, that this is the 4th time Opeyemi would be writing this exam (WAEC/GCE) She's deficient in some core courses. Pls, do pray that God would favour her this time around in Jesus name.

Could we pls add this up to our prayer/thanksgiving list? wink kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by pilgrim1(f): 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2007
Thank you - added to my list. I can begin to thank God for Opeyemi's favour. Praise His Name. smiley
Re: Can We Pray Together? by larriederm(m): 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2007
it is well, the lord will bring to her memory all the things she has read! in jesus name, holy sprit will reveal to him his ministry and she we come in flying colours in JESUS name! see u guys tomorrow!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 7:57am On Oct 10, 2007
I am in for the praise today by 12.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 9:10am On Oct 10, 2007
Opeyemi the God of all wisdom and understanding shall give u divine grace for success this time around, go and win in the exams. waiting to share in ur testimony. God bless u

@ALL
Remeber our praise session by 12noon 2day dont be left out, God bless u all.
nice day
Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 9:18am On Oct 10, 2007
yea at 12
Re: Can We Pray Together? by larriederm(m): 10:15am On Oct 10, 2007
gud day everybody! hope u guys are preparing for high praise by 12 noon today?
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 10, 2007
warming-up wink

[center] 1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good.
His love endures forever.

2 Give thanks to the God of gods.

3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords:

4 to him who alone does great wonders,

5 who by his understanding made the heavens,
His love endures forever. [/center]
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 11:58am On Oct 10, 2007
Praise time are u there let the praise begin NOW
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2007
Praising God 4 30mins was a great experience, i am still on who else did
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2007
@everyone

i had a nice time praising God during the set time, even had to play Rejoice Africa from my system as I praised Him. Unfortunately, some people kept on interrupting my flow as they dashed in and out of my office. It was nice claiming all the answers through thanksgiving and praise. Luv u guys so much. Thanks Olowotee for the idea
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2007
I did enjoyed the season too!

Thank God for His love and mercy!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2007
WONDER FUL TIME IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD!!!you guys are the best SET of people i ve ever met. We will surely make it to HEAVEN in Jesus name

@OLOWOTEE You CAN GO AHEAD AND USE MY WRITE UP, A FRIEND ACTUALLY EDIFIED ME WITH IT!

@EVERYONE

In the past two days, I ve learnt some things from OPEN HEAVEN- devotional book written by PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE- that has strengthen my faith greatly. Hope it does what it has done to my family.

The trial of JOB has shown that before God approved Satan’s request, he clearly defined the boundaries. Every trial or temptation that comes your way follows the process. God determines the go and no go areas. This way you can be assured that no temptation can stretch you beyond your ability. This is another way of saying that whatever trial or temptations you meet in life, no matter how tough and rough, it is within your capacity and ability.

Secondly, When Jesus said, let your nay be nay and your yea be yea he means that we all should be spotless. Remember, a spot could be white lie, exaggeration, flattery, false claim. Is there any one who knowingly or unknowingly still has the traces of any of these? It’s time to make amend. Heaven is spotless, as well as all who wants to be there!!!!

SHALLOM!!!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2007
@Femi26

Thanks! I'll copy it now!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 3:47pm On Oct 10, 2007
@femib26

thanks for post,its encouraging and refreshing at the same time. I can almost touch/feel your passion and joy as i read through.God bless u real good.

@olowotee

I believe my landline is faulty that's why I have not been able to reach you. will try and reach you through some other means
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2007
kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by efuah(f): 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2007
how i wish i had opened this thread earlier cry
i didn't know something sweet was going on here, . . sharing faith, strengthening faith, encouraging each other n etc. i thank God that am here at last, at least i wldn't miss a day's word of encouragement.  God bless u all for the good work u've been doing.  i hope to be strenghten, renewed, revived n so on.

God bless u all . . .  smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Paul Enenche's Sister Slaps Church Member For Crying During Sammoses Burial / Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.