Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,486 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Can We Pray Together? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Pray Together? (37049 Views)

Do You Pray Together As Boyfriend And Girlfriend?honest Answers Needed / Can We Pray Together? / Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Pray Together? by Pamperme: 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2007
For a very long time, i av avoided the religion section cause of the debate that goes on here. But i must say that when i saw this thread, i was so happy that this kind of inspirational thread is still in religion section. God bless you (Olowotee) for starting this. I pray that God answers the prayers of everyone that has put his request before him on this thread. God bless you all (Amen)
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 11:05am On Jul 13, 2007
@Pamperme

hope this means u will join us in praying for others. grin
Thanks anyway.

@OlowoTee

The Akpokonas are fine and are preparing for the burial. They are bcoming stronger by the day and are seeing the lady's death in a different way now (she has gone to rest). Thanks 4 ur care and prayers. How is Chinelo? Have u heard anytin about her? I brought her issue (and the other lady that lost her husband) b4 my youth meeting yesterday and we collectively prayed for them.

It is well,EVEN IN THE WELL.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2007
I'll be getting the feedback about Chinelo before Sunday, all things being equal.

@all

A song to share with you, hope you'll enjoy it.

"If your body suffers pain and your health you can't regain,
And your soul is almost sinking in despair,
Jesus knows the pain you feel, He can save and He can heal;
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there

When your enemies assail and your heart begins to fail,
Don't forget that God in Heaven answers prayer;
He will make a way for you and will lead you safely thru;
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there.

When your youthful days are gone and old age is stealing on,
And your body bends beneath the weight of care;
He will never leave you then, He'll go with you to the end;
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there

Leave it there, Leave it there,
Take your burdens to the Lord and leave it there;
If you trust and never doubt,
He will surely bring you out;
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there".

It is well, even in the WELL (quote Obanikoro)
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2007
thanks OlowoTee. That was a very inspiring one. I am blessed by it. Do have a nice day/weekend.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by bamasala: 11:43am On Jul 17, 2007
jah bles ye children of jah. dis is gud stuf man. olotee make gud person and jah bles & bles. but me just spread seeds. clik https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-66080.0.html
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2007
Thanks Bamasala and May God bless you too.

@ Obanikoro & others
I'm yet to hear about Chinelo's case, but, I believe God with her. I'll update you as soon as i hear of her.

Please, don't forget to post your prayer request, and let God work things out for you.

Here is mine,

I'll like you to say a word of prayer for me, that God will perfect all that concerns me. I'm looking forward to receiving an award in November, 2007 of which i have been nominated, please do pray that the name of the Lord will be glorified and all things will work out perfectly. Morealso, I need more of His grace to do His will continually.

Thank you for your responsiveness. May God reach out to you too. amen.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 12:01pm On Jul 18, 2007
@OlowoTee

He told Abraham "walk before me and be ye perfect". If perfection wasn't possible, God wouldnt have said that. Hence, anything that needs perfection in ur life begin to take its rightful place and be perfect in Jesus name. U are always in my prayers. Dont worry, all u need, He will provide. Much luv kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2007
@ olowotee

thanks for such brilliant idea pls i dont want to be left out plaese,prayer is very important,please i want to participate fully, could help in sum responsibilities if i can.cheers
Re: Can We Pray Together? by tete(f): 11:59am On Jul 20, 2007
@Olowotee

Beautiful song there. Very inspiring and comforting. Do not worry about the award dear, God knows whats best for you. Everything will work out just fine smiley

@obanikoro2
Glad to hear about the Akpokonas. God is in control always.

Thanks all for your prayers. smiley
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2007
Calvary tidings to you all.

Tanx for your prayers and concerns. May God reward your labour of love. Amen.

PRAYER REQUEST
Kindly pray for all Nairalanders that are participating in the forth-coming Graduate Fair July 26th-27th, that the divine favour of the Lord will locate them. May they be divinely uplifted and have GOOD TESTIMONIES.

Pls, do pray for them. I think we have close to 80participants from Nairaland.
You can get their details on this link : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-65933.0.html

Regards & do have a lovely weekend.

G.B.Y
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2007
@hamabra
welcome on board! Hey team members can we give this blessed one a warm welcome hug? grin
Just follow the thread, take the prayer points, pray about them, post ur prayer points or those of ur loved ones and wait in faith for their manifestation. Welcome once again, u have made a right choice

@tete
thanks dear!

@OlowoTee

spoke my mind! was about bringing it to the house.Thanks and take care.

@everyone

have a nice weekend and dont forget to pray. U may just be saving a soul at that time of prayer. U are loved. kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by wifeypenth(f): 10:17am On Jul 21, 2007
Bless You All. I'l endeavour 2say prayers 4as many that need them.
But there's this prayer point i want us to pray individualy. To me every problem in MY life is an Egypt,i dedicate 5min everyday just telling God 2remove the Egypt in my life instead of mentioning all my problems 4d devil 2hear. One secret i want 2share with ma fellow brethrens is " do u know the devil cant see our hearts,it is when we speak he hears it" when we use the word Egypt he's confused. So lets just say this prayer point

"EVERY EGYPT OF MY LIFE,THAT WOULD NOT MAKE ME REACH MY PROMISE LAND(destiny) BY THE POWER GIVEN TO ME BY MY FATHER IN HEAVEN BEGIN TO FALL IN THE NAME OF JESUS"
It works 4me cos my life is so full of testimonies"
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2007
@wifeypenth

thanks as we faithfully pray with ur workable principle testimonies will be our portions amen. have a graet day
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2007
@Everyone
thanks for your prayers and contributions.

I believe we are all faring real well. How is work at your end. I just checked in to say Hi, and to wish you the best in the remaining 7[/b]days of the [b]7[/b]th month in the year 200[b]7.

And to the graduates, going for the fair, I believe God will remember you for good and great will be your testimony. Amin.

Love you all. wink cheesy grin
Re: Can We Pray Together? by pilgrim1(f): 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2007
Zech. 4:2 & 6 --  "And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof. . . Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts."

@All,
May your [b]7[/b]s (completeness) not be lacking short of anything you've desired of the LORD!  cheesy

A great way to spend your [b]7[/b]s - give them to the Lord in praying and fasting (if not for yourself, do it for someone else) and watch God bless you beyond your present level. Cheers and many blessings.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2007
It's the 31st of July, 2007, and the Last Day of the 7th Month.

This is my(Our) Prayer, Oh Lord Oh Thou, that answereth prayers, Unto YOU shall all flesh come

Father, We thank thee for thy unfeigned love towards us, Your Children, Thank you for the air we breath in and out, We appreciate you, for your provision, protection, assistances, and Guidance. Being Alive, hale and healthy has been of Your mercies. From January to July You've been Good and Faithful and so Lord, We pray that in the remaining 5 months of this year, You'll Perfect all that Concerns Us.

Make these concluding months (August - December), Months of Tremendous Blessings, Unprecedented Breakthroughs and Uncommon Favour. You've done it before and We know Only You can do it again. Do it again Oh Lord, We Pray Thee, For by this, shall all men know, we belong to You.

And not forgetting Tete, UcheTobi, Hamabra, Obanikoro2, Tasiana, Pilgrim.1, WifePennyth, Bamasala, PamPerme, Mijd and Others, I pray You'll meet Us ALL at the points of our NEEDs. There are some needs we may not be able to say out Loud here, but We're sure YOU aware and YOU know them ALL. Help Us Oh Lord, To the Heart that is fainting, I Pray, You give strenght, To the distressed and oppressed, You'll encourage and Comfort. This We ask in JESUS Holy Name. And everybody says Amen.

I love you all so dearly. grin grin grin and I'm wishing you the very Best in the Month of AUGUST.

GBY.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by jeshua(m): 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2007
when the foundation is faulty, what shall the righteuos do?
OlowoTee:

@Everyone
thanks for your prayers and contributions.

I believe we are all faring real well. How is work at your end. I just checked in to say Hi, and to wish you the best in the remaining 7[/b]days of the [b]7[/b]th month in the year 200[b]7.

And to the graduates, going for the fair, I believe God will remember you for good and great will be your testimony. Amin.

Love you all. wink cheesy grin

This blog does not have anything to do with the holy act of christian prayer. Why dont you start another site dedicated for prayer not here. sorry i dont want to discourage you but nairaland isnt a holy ground. seun doesn even know what he is doing
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2007
Thanks for your observation Jeshua, But the fact that Nairaland Isn't an Holy, But who says Place shouldn't stop US from praying, Moreso, your prayers for them can go a long way.
Remember, that the world we live in, is filled with atrocities and unholy acts. But that shouldn't make us to be Prayer less as Christian, I think we need more prayers in such a situation. Or don't you think so? You can pray for Seun if you feel he doesnt know what he is doin
Re: Can We Pray Together? by jeshua(m): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2007
then if that is the case, lets change the whole of nairaland and make it a place where people of like minds in Christ are free to talk about Jesus and only Jesus. This will make seun realise that without "HIM-Christ" we are nothing. We will began to pick all this unbelievers chatting here and pray for them. PLease dont let the ministry be for christians but majorly unbelivers on nairaland too
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 1:26pm On Jul 31, 2007
My pals,

of a truth we will all agree that God has been faithful to us all, thanks for the prayers, encouragements and love been shared  our labour of love will be surely rewarded,
And as we prepare to lunch into August the faithful God will bless us beyond our individual expectations, heavens window will pour out blessings for us.testimonies shall be our portion.
@ olowotee, tete, obanikoro2,pilgrim.1,wifeypenth,jeshua and all friends,ur best is yet to come God will lift u up.welcome to a most rewarding month of all your years. CATCH U AT THE TOP
Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2007
Is the world holy? Besides this is the religious thread, this is how it should be not the fighting and argument by “scholars cum bible scholars”
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2007
jeshua:

PLease don't let the ministry be for christians but majorly unbelivers on nairaland too

That's true,
This thread is open to as many Nairalanders that believe in the Power of Prayers. You can drop your prayer points on their behalf, and every other persons pray along.

uchetobi:

Is the world holy? Besides this is the religious thread, this is how it should be not the fighting and argument by “scholars come bible scholars”

That's just it, We need Prayer, Prayer and Prayer to move the Hand of God.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2007
Let us not be taken off the track by anyone. I have seen this happen so many times in so many threads.

They start talking about A and end up arguing and killing themselves about Z. Let me ask this question: What makes u feel the devil is happy with what we are doing? He knows we are spoiling his plans/work, dats why he will bring distractions our way to stop us from praying and doing so effectively.

Havent u noticed how weak/tired/lazy we are to pray sometimes? It is all his handwork to see to it that we dont help others thru prayers.

Pls I beg all of us, lets be focused. Dont be angry or discouraged by what anyone posts on this thread and most especially dont dwell on them for too long- HE IS SIMPLY STEALING THE TIME WE CAN EMPLOY IN PRAYING.

@jeshua
I dont know the religion u practise but want to ask u something: WHY DONT EVIL PEOPLE GO & STAY IN ANOTHER PLANET SO THAT GOOD GUYS CAN HAVE THIS WHOLE EARTH TO THEMSELVES?

The issue of us having a site of our own is not a bad idea but of what use is AIR CONDITIONER to the man in Russia or a HEATER to a man in the Sahara Desert? We are needed here, not just to form a praying team but to help revive the hunger of praying for others in the lives of people.AND MAYBE WIN SOMEONE TO GOD grin

@everyone

abi na lie I talk? I missed u guys. Was very busy. Thats the reason why I couldnt contribute for so long. My aunt was buried last Friday and the same day i heard about the death of my half brother. He was just 25yrs old and preparing to go for NYSC this Sept. Pls pray for my family, that God will see us thru all the hurdles that are on, and will come, our way.

Also pray for a guy that was tested HIV +. He is hoping for a miracle and believes God can heal him. Do u believe that? Then bring his case b4 the God than can do it.

Luv ya guys kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2007
Dear Lord, we thank You for this day. We thank You for our being able to see and to hear this morning. We are blessed because You are a forgiving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for us and You keep on blessing us. Forgive us this day for everything we have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you,

We ask now for Your forgiveness. Please keep us safe from all danger and harm. Help us to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. Let us make the best of each and every day to clear our minds so that we can hear from You. Please broaden our minds that we can accept all things. Let us not whine and whimper over things we have no control over.

We know that when we can't pray, You listen to our hearts. Continue to use us to do Your will. Continue to bless us that we may be a blessing to others. Keep us strong that we may help the weak. Keep us uplifted that we may have words of encouragement for others. We pray for those that are lost and can't find their way. We pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. We pray for those who don't know You intimately. We pray for those who refuse to share Your love with others. We pray for those that don't believe.

But we thank You that we believe. We believe that God changes people and God changes things. We pray for all our sisters and brothers. For each and every family member in our households. We pray for peace, love and joy in our country, Nigeria and our homes that we are out of debt and all our needs are met. We pray that every eye that reads this prayer comes to know there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than You God. We put every battle in Your hands for You to fight for us. And as we commit the burdens of others to You in prayers, may You carry ours from us as well.

All these we pray in Jesus’ name. And the people say…
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2007
Amen. . .

obanikoro2:

My aunt was buried last Friday and the same day i heard about the death of my half brother. He was just 25yrs old and preparing to go for NYSC this Sept. Please pray for my family, that God will see us through all the hurdles that are on, and will come, our way.

Sorrry for the loss, I'm really short of words, But I know that the Great God is not unaware of your plight. I pray He comfort you and your family and rebuke every devourer. It is well.

obanikoro2:

Also pray for a guy that was tested HIV +. He is hoping for a miracle and believes God can heal him. Do u believe that? Then bring his case before the God than can do it.

It is well.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2007
@ obanikoro2

my broda God will comfort u and give u and ur family member the grace to carry on. it is well with ur soul in JESUE NAME
Re: Can We Pray Together? by tete(f): 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2007
@Obanikoro

So sorry for your loss. God will definitely give you and your family the strenght to bear the loss of your brother. You are in my prayers.

There is something I believe in and know is very true and would like to share with you all. its THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING. When we ask God for something we should always believe that he will give us whatever we ask for in accordance with what he knows is best for us. Sometimes, i know, its tough. You think can He do it, or will He do it, or oooooo! why hasn't He done it. But if you just believe, have faith and be absolutely positive already seeing what you want or visualzing it, it will become yours according to God's will.

So Guys, BE POSITIVE and always remember that God's Got your back wink
Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 9:00am On Aug 03, 2007
two catholic corpers died on their way to a catholic retreat at Osun state. pls lets pray for their families that God will give them the fortitude to bear the loss, and God heals all the injured victims that are still in the hospital
Re: Can We Pray Together? by crazyp(f): 3:37pm On Aug 03, 2007
OH MY GOD shocked shocked

This is a tragedy!!!
I pray God gives their family the fortitude to bear the loss
& may God keep & bless us all.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 3:45pm On Aug 03, 2007
Yeah so do sad; one batch A and one Batch B (Ought to pass out next wk)
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 03, 2007
whaoh.

My heart is pained. Oh God!!!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2007
it's saddening, so saddening though. But, God understands better.

@EVERYONE

Dearly Beloved. . .Care to pray along this weekend?

Here are the two prayer points please.

obanikoro2:

My aunt was buried last Friday and the same day i heard about the death of my half brother. He was just 25yrs old and preparing to go for NYSC this Sept. Please pray for my family, that God will see us through all the hurdles that are on, and will come, our way.

Also pray for a guy that was tested HIV +. He is hoping for a miracle and believes God can heal him. Do u believe that? Then bring his case before the God than can do it.

Love ya guys kiss kiss kiss

uchetobi:

two catholic corpers died on their way to a catholic retreat at Osun state. please lets pray for their families that God will give them the fortitude to bear the loss, and God heals all the injured victims that are still in the hospital

Please do pray as God leads you. May God reward your labour of love and crown all our efforts with GOOD success in Jesus name. Amen, Remember, He that watereth, shall be watered also.

Thank You and Remain Ever Blessed.
Shallom!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Paul Enenche's Sister Slaps Church Member For Crying During Sammoses Burial / Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.