Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,115 members, 7,953,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:58 PM

Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! (1030 Views)

Wife Throw Her Gossiping Friend Out After She Reported Her Cheating Husband. Th / Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by chatinent: 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
Dear parents,
Stop turning your child(ren) to gossippers. Stop being inclined to listen to their gossips to you and stop gossiping to them. You are ruining them!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by blackpanthar: 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
chatinent:
Dear parents,
Stop turning your child(ren) to gossippers. Stop being inclined to listen to their gossips to you and stop gossiping to them. You are ruining them!

Too Late.... social media is a gossip world... and parents who are active on social media can not help it.
Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by chatinent: 6:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
blackpanthar:

Too Late.... social media is a gossip world... and parents who are active on social media can not help it.
Too bad. You need to hear what children talk about these days!
Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by yanabasee1(m): 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
How I grew up....You dare not speak behind anybody...If caught, you will be severely punished ...

I grew up knowing nothing about back-talks..... You dare not mention someone's name when they're not within or around.....

But, kids these days, will gossip you to your clothes and shoes to how you walk and talk....
Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by chatinent: 7:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
yanabasee1:
How I grew up....You dare not speak behind anybody...If caught, you will be severely punished ...

I grew up knowing nothing about back-talks..... You dare not mention someone's name when they're not within or around.....

But, kids these days, will gossip you to your clothes and shoes to how you walk and talk....
I overheard a little girl discussing about people privates. Mehn, so disgusting.
Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by tobechi20(m): 7:39pm On Jul 05, 2020
MOTHERS LOVE TO TALK TO WHOEVER IS AROUND THEM. IF HUSBAND IIS AWAY, CHILD IS NEXT

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by chatinent: 8:59am On Jul 06, 2020
tobechi20:
MOTHERS LOVE TO TALK TO WHOEVER IS AROUND THEM.
IF HUSBAND IIS AWAY, CHILD IS NEXT
No bi lie.
Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by Alooone: 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
If I don't gossip (talk) with my kids then tell me who do I then gossip with.... The only thing is for them to know their limits.
Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by Baloranking(m): 5:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
Depends on what u call gossip.

Children are the main gossipers here cos they will tell you about all that happened in their class, each person and it's your duty to listen and correct when it's needed.
Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by Ishilove: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
When pops is not around the kids come next but we should be guided what we discuss with our kids.
Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by chatinent: 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ishilove:
When pops is not around the kids come next but we should be guided what we discuss with our kids.
So what you are saying is that the 'gossip' must always be there either with pop or sb else? Must one gossip another?
sassysure:
Depends on what u call gossip.

Children are the main gossipers here cos they will tell you about all that happened in their class, each person and it's your duty to listen and correct when it's needed.
To them, they are reporting. Choosing what to listen and act upon depends on you.
Alooone:
If I don't gossip (talk) with my kids then tell me who do I then gossip with.... The only thing is for them to know their limits.
It's wrong outright to discuss another person with your kids (even if it's their sibling).

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by Ishilove: 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
chatinent:

So what you are saying is that the 'gossip' must always be there either with pop or sb else? Must one gossip another?

To them, they are reporting. Choosing what to listen and act upon depends on you.

It's wrong outright to discuss another person with your kids (even if it's their sibling).
It depends on what you call 'gossip'. So we should sit down in our house and be staring at each other isu ni'su?
Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by chatinent: 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ishilove:

It depends on what you call 'gossip'. So we should sit down in our house and be staring at each other isu ni'su?
There are a thousand things to talk about. In mine, we'd discuss about school, about goals (most times, theocratic goals). Kids wouldn't even hear wife and I discuss negatively about anyone. Zero tolerance too to side talks or speaking at people's back (except of course it's praising them). You can be a perfect mom.
Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by Ishilove: 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
chatinent:

There are a thousand things to talk about. In mine, we'd discuss about school, about goals (most times, theocratic goals). Kids wouldn't even hear wife and I discuss negatively about anyone. Zero tolerance too to side talks or speaking at people's back (except of course it's praising them). You can be a perfect mom.
Do you have kids?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by Haywhymido(m): 9:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
Tell them, i so much hate that act. Instead of you to discuss ideas, latest inventions et al na gossip your life centre on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by chatinent: 7:29am On Jul 07, 2020
Ishilove:
Do you have kids?
It's private. My social life is different from reality.
Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by Ishilove: 7:50am On Jul 07, 2020
chatinent:

It's private. My social life is different from reality.
Where did you get the 'perfect mother' spin? Only someone who doesn't have kids will say a person can be a perfect mother.
Re: Opinion: Parent, Stop Gossiping To Your Children! by chatinent: 9:10am On Jul 07, 2020
Ishilove:

Where did you get the 'perfect mother' spin? Only someone who doesn't have kids will say a person can be a perfect mother.
I get your drift. 'Perfect' there means in line to the discourse of gossip and not being everything a mother should be. I sincerely understand you.

(1) (Reply)

They Just Married / Pillow Prices In Nigeria / 8 Forms Of Assistance You Can Render To People Around You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.