Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

[b]"Who Gave You My Number" Is Sipping Jwince: Another Perspective[/b] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / [b]"Who Gave You My Number" Is Sipping Jwince: Another Perspective[/b] (341 Views)

What's The One Gift Your Ex Gave You That You Still Have? / Ghanaian Lady Who Gave MouthAction To Men At Night Club Apologizes To Her Parents / "Who Gave You My Number" Is Sipping Jwince: Who Bewitched Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[b]"Who Gave You My Number" Is Sipping Jwince: Another Perspective[/b] by MrTosin01: 11:30am On Jul 07, 2020
The meme that got social media, twitter especially, bubbling recently with a lot of comments, shares, likes & laughter: "Who Gave You My Number" Is Sipping Jwince.
Did you just say you haven't seen it Really!!! then you probably have boring contacts (smiles: just kidding).
Let me help your imagination (I intentionally exclude the pix): it's an "innocent" picture taken by a group of friends obviously, 3 pretty ladies and 2 gentlemen, with the gentlemen having a lady each sit by him in a couple-like fashion, thereby leaving the third lady all by herself with a cup of juice. Someone somewhere found this picture and posted it with the caption: 'WHO GAVE YOU MY NUMBER' IS SIPPING JWINCE...
Indeed hilarious, isn't it?
You still don't get it�? Well, the meme creator was kinda 'attacking' ladies that seem to disregard guys' advances through various attitudes and 'harsh' responses, one of the commonest being "WHO GAVE YOU MY NUMBER?" or "HOW DID YOU GET MY NUMBER?" if called by a strange guy who tries to woo them.
Sé you get now? (Oya, start laughing at yourself now�)

Now the real gist:
The meme caption implies that had the lady been better responsive to guys' advances, she wouldn't be in such 'pathetic single' state sipping juice all by herself while others are enjoying the moment with their partners (maybe the pix was taken by her boo self; who knows?�? that's not even my concern). This got us (my sister and I) thinking aloud.
Our major concern is about the wrong notion the meme attached to SINGLENESS and the burden it yokes on SINGLES.

Questions arising include, but not limited to:

i. How sure are you that she's not more emotionally balanced, happier and/or even more life conscious than the others?
ii. Does she not have to right to question a stranger calling her line? (Scammers full everywhere now, remember)
iii. Who says a relationship is what she (or anyone else) needs to bring happiness and fulfilment?
iv. Aren't there more important things to life than thoughts of a partner?
v. Who says you can't be happy and enjoy life to the fullest with or without a boo?

I've heard of a young, vibrant, intelligent lady who was lamenting and almost entering a state of depression all because she has not been in a relationship in the past 6-7 months. And another who insisted on continuing marriage plans with a physically abusive 'beast' of a man all because she's getting old, her peers are all married and she doesn't want to miss her 'last & only' opportunity. (makawhy�)

The bedeviling mentality about singleness being a state of sadness and loneliness is what is keeping some in futile and hopeless relationships irrespective of the hurt, pain, abuse, unfulfillment, purposelessness, insecurities and sadness they struggle with therein.

Unlike popular opinion, Singleness isn't a disease, it's season of growth, a state of personal discovery and development. In fact, enjoying any kind of relationship with people is easier if your singleness is well lived and you're less likely going to make mistake in choosing the right partner if your singleness is topnotch.

I'm sure not insinuating too high standards, or perfection, in accepting a suitor, but that your acceptance shouldn't be as a result of societal pressure or self imposed deadlines or just a means out of loneliness; you may be disappointed.

In a nutshell, never be ashamed, disappointed or disgruntled about your Singleness (if single) because being alone isn't the same as being lonely. Being alone is a physical state, being lonely is a state of the mind. Enjoy "sipping your jwince" jare.

(More in next episode)
Re: [b]"Who Gave You My Number" Is Sipping Jwince: Another Perspective[/b] by Kriss216: 11:51am On Jul 07, 2020
You have no right to exclude the photo.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Lets Embrace Open Marriage / Is Kissing Wrong / Go To Google And Search For Minister Of Wealth - See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.