Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online (50090 Views)

Germany To Deport 14,000 Nigerians; FG Gives Condition / Japa: Leaked Documents Reveal UK Plans To Deport 3,000 Asylum Seekers Monthly / The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
NaotoKan:
People are angry for a decision taken by the president of a country they aren't citizens. shocked grin If Nigeria was like Malaysia, we for dey vex like this?

I'm telling you, something I understand about Trump he has his people at heart because those are the people he swore an oath to protect not immigrants. Though his decision doesn't favour immigrants but you wouldn't blame him.

What's your first priority, wouldn't it be your immediate family before you try looking out for others.

1 Like

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by madridsta007(m): 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
GambaOsaka:

You are quoting a 2014 statistic in 2020.
Are you for real?

Of course I knew this would be mentioned. And Yes, I am for real.

You are right anyway. The numbers for the US is actually higher. Thanks for pointing it out. Below is a 2019 publication,

PERCENTAGE CHANGE SINCE 2015
1 United States
971,417 (907,251) 7.1%
2 United Kingdom
432,001 (430,833) 0.3%
3 Australia
335,512 (294,438) 13.9%
4 Russia
249,877 (226,431) 10.4%
5 France
245,349 (239,409) 2.5%
Data Source: OECD (2018)

https://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/International/Documents/2019/International%20facts%20and%20figures%20slides.pdf

It is only people who are emotional with news items that actually believe that International Student numbers will drop because of Trump.
Students seem to go with facts and not CNN news, hence their increasing numbers in the States.
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2020
FRESHG:
STOP SAYING RUBBISH MY FRIENDangry HOW MANY LOW INCOME EARNING NIGERIANS CAN AFFORD TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN ABROAD TO SCHOOL

THESE ARE POLITICAL ELITES CHILDREN AND I THINK THEY DESERVE WHAT THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT IS DOING TO THEM.

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME

CC LUKMAN BALOGUN AKA LUCASBALO AKA ABBEBAILEY
JIHADI OLOMINIRA

My friend most of the guys with student visa are the middle and lower class in Nigeria who struggle their way base on free tuition from these University with the end goal of getting a green card after schooling. Go to GRE thread on nairaland they are all looking for funding even me sef join. The elite's family already own a green card, it won't affect them.

4 Likes

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by chaloskyx: 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2020
and its the us that values students thats why they are sending them back home ba?
Ikem11:

How can they school in a country that doesn't value education?
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by Sensitivity: 10:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
grin

I go better change course than come back to this useless country
Change ko, APC ni.
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by madridsta007(m): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2020
GambaOsaka:

So many loop-holes in your argument.
While obama was president, he had 14% republican approval. Guess what your Oga's approval ratings among democrats is now. A mere 2%.
Blacks are racist to white people? wow... how? thats not even imaginable. Its unfounded and illogical.
Have you seen the video of Pence when he was asked why they're doing rallies despite the fact that its against the template of the taskforce that he heads? He was a laughing stock.
So Birx and Fauci are hypocrites now..just because they are doing their jobs, and they refuse to be cajoled into Trump's selfish agenda of reelection before the well being of the America people.

Silent majority... lol Lets wait and see

Silent Majority happened with Brexit.... With Trump’s first win.... With the Tory’s win... It will happen again in November. It would be foolish to pretend that this sequence isnt clear.

Anyone who’s lived with the whites will tell you that they are excellent strategists and are very, very patient. They will be patient till a democratic opportunity presents itself and teach Generation Z and Boomers a lesson they know too well.

1 Like

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by Grateful02(m): 10:37pm On Jul 07, 2020
Even with the switch to online classes Harvard ko still charge like say you dey US. well this isn't goodness tho.
My thoughts are with those affected
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by Senatorkolade: 11:23pm On Jul 07, 2020
BiggyB242:

My friend most of the guys with student visa are the middle and lower class in Nigeria who struggle their way base on free tuition from these University with the end goal of getting a green card after schooling. Go to GRE thread on nairaland they are all looking for funding even me sef join. The elite's family already own a green card, it won't affect them.

Many of their children are even citizens. They were born there and they have the same right as Trump children. Is people like you and I that are struggling it will affect.

2 Likes

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by ogbonti: 11:36pm On Jul 07, 2020
RapistOnBail:
Holy Jesus embarassed

why you dey Holy Jesus? - I thought Nigeria is better than America because of Corona ? ehenn na - make dem come home that is better - chikena!
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by ogbonti: 11:39pm On Jul 07, 2020
franozx:
U see why trump must be voted out??

i beg go siddon for gutter - una no fit vote out Buhari the du lla rd na Trump grin
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by ogbonti: 11:46pm On Jul 07, 2020
N2B2:
Ouch!

After the money spent securing the visa, flying over there, and paying numerous fees, one now has to come back because their school switched to online learning.

Where are those animals that hail Trump? Will they be deported too? You better pray that Biden wins.

so your going to America was not to acquire knowledge like you told them at the embassy but to be a parasite on the system after you graduate abi?

you want Tinubu and Atiku to rule Nigeria and you dont mind insulting any one who disagrees with that way of thinking but you want to go to a

country where the likes of Tinubu and Atiku will be in jail right now and no venture have a say in politics talk less of attempting to run 4 office

YES - SINCE WE NO WAN GET SENSE AND REPAIR OUR COUNTRY - YES LET TRUMP DEPORT ALL THE STUDENT VISA SNAKES IN THE US

1 Like

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by Depressedkidd: 12:13am On Jul 08, 2020
N2B2:
Ouch!

After the money spent securing the visa, flying over there, and paying numerous fees, one now has to come back because their school switched to online learning.

Where are those animals that hail Trump? Will they be deported too? You better pray that Biden wins.
And worst of all, after they've deported you to come back to naija and attend your online classes, which Airtel or MTN data plan will you use to stream high quality zoom or Skype class lecture that will not be buffering, pausing and cracking cos you'll miss several details. And even where will you get some of the advanced course materials again. After everything some people will almost reach final year only to come back to covenant university and start from scratch. So sad.
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by grandstar(m): 12:36am On Jul 08, 2020
This is utter nonsense. This is simply a xenophobic and racist policy. It belongs to the "Americans first" hubris.

Is the pandemic going to last forever? Why should students currently in the States be forced to leave? Are the plane tickets free?

This is a merciless and unnecessary policy.
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by AkataWoman: 1:03am On Jul 08, 2020
This isn’t racist or xenophobic. There’s no point in being in the country on a student visa if you’re not going to classes. Online learning can be done from home.

Why is it okay for your country to have immigration laws but America’s so wrong for having them?

2 Likes

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 08, 2020
Mayng01:
Hushpuppi, wood berry & cohorts..... the havoc you have wrecked is yielding results. I don’t know if the wound can ever heal. & The only way out in this mess is for capital punishment to be imposed on political looters. From there, Nigeria will develop. It is well.
Stop smoking bitterleaf undecided
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by ttmacoy: 1:35am On Jul 08, 2020
Instead of praying that Biden wins, why don't we pray that we make something out of Nigeria and stop being at the mercy of other countries?

Your prayer means we continue to spend billion investing in other countries educational system while ours continues to crumble.

N2B2:
Ouch!

3 Likes

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 08, 2020
Senatorkolade:

Many of their children are even citizens. They were born there and they have the same right as Trump children. Is people like you and I that are struggling it will affect.

You said it all bro. I keep reading that is a good development because it is going to affect the politicians' children. I shake my head, people whose kids are already citizens. These elites are smart people, the future of their kids are already secured from childbirth, in terms of bank accounts, job positions even their spouse are pre-arranged because they tend to get married to each other in order to keep the money within their circle.

A lot Nigerians in Nigeria are happy that Nigerians in the US are about to be deported I smell jealousy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by chukemmang(m): 1:47am On Jul 08, 2020
franozx:
U see why trump must be voted out??

Voted out for what? Is it a crime for a man to selfishly protect his country? Is it your birth right to be in America? Is it a crime if Americans don't want you?

Don't you have a country? Can't you develop your own country to the extent that Americans will want to come and stay in your country?

All these retarded Nigerians with misplaced priorities. You want to tell another man how to run his country but you cannot dictate how your own country should be run?

You allow old idiots with rotten brains to continue ruling you forever. You even went ahead to re-elect them a second time.

Hopeless Nigerian youths. So hopeless they were called lazy. They don't even fear them.

How old was Colonel Nzeogu and his crew?

1 Like

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by chukemmang(m): 1:50am On Jul 08, 2020
Patrioticman007:
This is very excellent for the WHITE people of United States of America, not ( bleaching cream,albinos, fake phonetics users).
All those Dumb Trump supporters that are forcefully attaching their loyalty to Dump Trump una eyes don clear ?. The ICE unit will deport every deportable black man/woman before November general election so as to increase the Orange man chances of winning the election.
For the racist white Americans, you don't have to be a Muslim or Christian before they hate you, once your skin colour is black, you are in soup. Sai Trumpet 4 + 4.
see better fraud, charge shit holes countries $10,000+ per student, then deport them for online classes.

We dey laugh oooooo.

Is it a crime for a man to selfishly protect his
country? Is it your birth right to be in America? Is it a crime if
Americans don't want you?
Don't you have a country? Can't you develop your own country to the
extent that Americans will want to come and stay in your country?
All these slow Nigerians with misplaced priorities. You want to tell
another man how to run his country but you cannot dictate how your
own country should be run?
You allow old idiots with rotten brains to continue ruling you forever.
You even went ahead to re-elect them a second time.
Hopeless Nigerian youths. So hopeless they were called lazy. They
don't even fear them.
How old was Colonel Nzeogu and his crew?
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 08, 2020
Depressedkidd:

And worst of all, after they've deported you to come back to naija and attend your online classes, which Airtel or MTN data plan will you use to stream high quality zoom or Skype class lecture that will not be buffering, pausing and cracking cos you'll miss several details. And even where will you get some of the advanced course materials again. After everything some people will almost reach final year only to come back to covenant university and start from scratch. So sad.

Education isn't the reason why 90 per cent of Nigerians go to the US, is just a means to migrate and we shouldn't blame Trump he is only protecting his country and that's his first priority as a president.

1 Like

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by abiola3439(m): 2:15am On Jul 08, 2020
WelcomeToBiafra:

All the zoo people in USA must be deported ASAP, let them come back to the zoo, fulani terrorist have some gifts for the zoo.
Guy you are talking shit
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:00am On Jul 08, 2020
Trump is doing what is best for The USA, you don't have to like it, America first.

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 08, 2020
That's another trick up that stupid racist Trump's sleeve. But the good thing is that so many schools have already adopted hybrid method of learning. One or two days in class and the rest of the days will be online. There are several ways to beat a racist at his games! grin grin

1 Like

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by Nobody: 4:35am On Jul 08, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
Trump is doing what is best for The USA, you don't have to like it, America first.

What he's doing is not the best for America if at all you have an inclination of American history. He's dividing America bit by bit, I pray he gets bolted out in November!

1 Like

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by ogbonti: 5:21am On Jul 08, 2020
[quote author=AkataWoman post=91492460]This isn’t racist or xenophobic. There’s no point in being in the country on a student visa if you’re not going to classes. Online learning can be done from home.

Why is it okay for your country to have immigration laws but America’s so wrong for having them?

[/qu

nigerians are very self centered, selfish and i considerate people

same Nigerians who attack fellow nigerians for not being their tribesmen - same Nigerians who cannot stand having someone from another state be appointed as commissioner on their state even if that person was born in the same state as they are

these same Nigerians want to arrive America today and own the country tomorrow morning

sorry sir - the USA is governed by laws and it must take its course - Thank you
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by ogbonti: 5:22am On Jul 08, 2020
AkataWoman:
This isn’t racist or xenophobic. There’s no point in being in the country on a student visa if you’re not going to classes. Online learning can be done from home.

nigerians are very self centered, selfish and inconsiderate people

same Nigerians who attack fellow nigerians for not being their tribesmen - same Nigerians who cannot stand having someone from another state be appointed as commissioner in their state even if that person was born in the same state as they are

these same Nigerians want to arrive America today and own the country tomorrow morning

sorry sir - the USA is governed by laws and the law must take its course - Thank you
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by kgyche: 5:47am On Jul 08, 2020
hardbody:

No. I do not like reading, I like hearing things direct from persons and authors. I have listened severally to Trump speak and haven't heard one word around the killing of Gerorge. No. Not a word.
He has written and spoken about about Floyd death. He wrote on Twitter and spoke when he was about to take a flight (a report ask him about his "reaction to Floyd killing"wink.
Sometimes we Nigerians just argue without fact.
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by kgyche: 5:53am On Jul 08, 2020
cococandy:
Racist motherfvcking Trump will stop at nothing to make sure he secures a white majority for America. Lol at his colored supporters. Shameless
Is Buhari not doing the same thing for his Fulani tribe that reck havoc across the country.
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by kgyche: 6:09am On Jul 08, 2020
gypsey:
Absolutely! correct you are, it would never ever happen, the Jewish will never ever allow a black/negro to preside over them, most black people in the US have already endorsed Joe Biden another red neck whity to run on their behalf.
Obama has no slave blood in him, his father came to US as an international student and his mother is a pure Caucasian woman. I strongly believe that it will be difficult for the core white to allow descendants of slave to rule over them as president (at least this current generation) Hence, one of the reasons they supported him.
You may not see this on the pages of newspaper but when you read books relating to America history one can easily figure this out.
You think the white don’t know what they’re doing?
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by Zetty177x: 7:06am On Jul 08, 2020
Who needs US or 'any abroad'? Am not leaving Nigeria to anywhere until there's a vaccine. Q.E.D
Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by TWoods(m): 7:29am On Jul 08, 2020
BiggyB242:

I'm telling you, something I understand about Trump he has his people at heart because those are the people he swore an oath to protect not immigrants.

This post is comical. Trump has his people at heart? You shouldn’t comment on something you really are clueless about.

1 Like

Re: US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online by TWoods(m): 7:33am On Jul 08, 2020
grandstar:
This is utter nonsense. This is simply a xenophobic and racist policy. It belongs to the "Americans first" hubris.

Is the pandemic going to last forever? Why should students currently in the States be forced to leave? Are the plane tickets free?

This is a merciless and unnecessary policy.

Except for a few, most Americans are ok with this policy. That speaks volumes.

What is merciless is the inability of your country to provide you decent education and job opportunities, hence the need to emigrate to a foreign country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) / Dangote Truck And Bus Collide In Plateau, Many Dead (Disturbing Photos) / Robbers Attack Air Peace Aircraft While Taxiing To Take Off At Lagos Airp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.