Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,787 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell (399 Views)

Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell / Loss Of Taste And Smell / How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by Administration1: 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
Good day guys.
It's 1 week since I got tested for Malaria,Typhoid and Hepatitis B and C. Results came out positive for Malaria and Typhoid, but negative for the hepatitis. I immediately commenced treatment for both diseases (Malaria and Typhoid) which lasted 3 and 5 days respectively.

Fast forward to yesterday morning, I got up and headed to the bathroom to brush on getting the brush into my mouth, I discovered that I couldn't taste anything. I waved it off as a mild condition. I didn't even think of it twice. I sat down to you know but I couldn't perceive anything, I felt maybe because of the fruits I took the previous night. I still didn't feel bothered.

I finished and got ready for work. Feeling too tired to make spaghetti for work, I branched the Mama-Put for some spicy stew and rice. I put the food to eat, lo and behold I couldn't taste the stew nor the rice. I panicked and drank water and asked the waiter to pack the food.
I got out my disposable gloves and mask and immediately put it on and paid her taking caution not to allow anyone touch me nor handle any item I just touched. I went back straight home, called my boss to inform him of the possibility of everyone in the office contacting the Covid-19.
I have contacted the NCDC and I am awaiting their arrival today as they said they couldn't come yesterday. And I don't want to drive there alone.
Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by Dididrumz(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
Same happened with my bro recently but He's fine now.

Truth is, that's the corona virus you've been hearing about. But don't worry, You'll be fine.
Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by babyfaceafrica: 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
Malaria symptoms...
Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by Administration1: 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2020
Dididrumz:
Same happened with my bro recently but He's fine now.

Truth is, that's the corona virus you've been hearing about. But don't worry, You'll be fine.

Hope so brother.

Cc:Sissy3,Dominique
Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by yesloaded: 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
Administration1:

Hope so brother.

Cc:Sissy3,Dominique

No need to worry yourself, many people had similar symptom

If you care to listen, I had same symptoms about 2months ago

Funny enough, I didn't use any drug & the stuff lasted abiut a week n some days but I fully recovered!

Relax your mind but if you have other symptoms then don't wait to call NCDC again
Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by dangermouse(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
Symptoms of diabetes too. Check ur sugar level.
Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by Kalashnikov102(m): 12:26pm On Jul 08, 2020
This days one small sickness go make person think say e don catch Corona... Na there you dey remember all your movements wey you do like when you wan go do test for HIV undecided

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by Equation89(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2020
Start taking immune booster immediately.

DM me for some drugs that will help you recover immediately.
Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by hidhrhis(m): 12:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
Bro i recovered from loss of taste and smell but now I'm very sick
I think I have corona virus
I mean the two of us
Me and u

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by eleojo23: 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2020
Congratulations, you are recovering from the Corona virus.

What you are experiencing is post-viral anosmia.
Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by hinere(m): 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
Did you take drugs for the malaria and Typhoid. Most Malaria and Typhoid drugs have loss of taste as side effects. You won't taste anything.

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by Uyi168: 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
Take lots of immune boosting drugs..
Zinc, selenium and vit c..
You'll be fine..
Just recovered from mine barely a week ago..
Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by Uyi168: 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
hinere:
Did you take drugs for the malaria and Typhoid. Most Malaria and Typhoid drugs have loss of taste as side effects. You won't taste anything.
Which malaria and typhoid medicines have lost of taste as their side effects
Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by hinere(m): 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2020
Uyi168:
Which malaria and typhoid medicines have lost of taste as their side effects

Oh dear...there is. Most especially the very strong Antibiotics. Next time you buy a drug, kindly read the SIDE EFFECTS. It's helps. Even some mild drugs have chronic side effects. And our immune system responds to different drugs side effects at different times.
Re: I Just Lost My Sense Of Taste And Smell by Uyi168: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
hinere:

Oh dear...there is. Most especially the very strong Antibiotics. Next time you buy a drug, kindly read the SIDE EFFECTS. It's helps. Even some mild drugs have chronic side effects. And our immune system responds to different drugs side effects at different times.
I want the names of these so called antibiotics..

(1) (Reply)

9 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dandruff Naturally.. / Doctors Fight Bloody � � � In Enugu. / I Need On How To Treat Coliform Infection And Mild Pyelonephritis Poly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.