Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Umar Occupies Magu’s Position As EFCC Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umar Occupies Magu’s Position As EFCC Boss (370 Views)

Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years / Court Renews Victor Giadom's Position As Acting National Chairman Of APC. / BREAKING: More Crisis Looms In Reps As Chinda Occupies Minority Leader’s Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umar Occupies Magu’s Position As EFCC Boss by ganisucks(f): 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
Mr Mohammed Umar, Director of Operations of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has reportedly been picked, to oversee the agency in the absence of the suspended acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu.
Speaking to NAN on Tuesday, a top official of the commission said Umar was chosen by the “EFCC’s hierarchy”

The source also disclosed that the suspension of Ibrahim Magu has not been officially communicated to the commission.

Speaking on the allegation levelled against the suspended EFCC boss, the source said they were all false.

“I can tell you that all the allegations against Magu are untrue. I see the whole situation as a power play.

“Preparations for the 2023 elections are another reason they want Magu out because he knows too much.

“Another thing is the problem of staff welfare, imagine somebody like me for close to 10 years, I have not gained any promotion.

“We are not happy about the news of his suspension, but I know that members of staff are not happy with him,” the official said.
When contacted by NAN to confirm the latest development the spokesman of the EFCC, Mr Dele Oyewale, declined to comment.

GIST OF THE DAY recalls that President Muhammadu Buhari had on Tuesday suspended Ibrahim Magu.

The suspension is coming at a time Magu is facing a presidential panel since Monday over allegations of corruption.

Sources say that Magu, who has been in office for over four years, would be sacked as a result of massive evidence against him over alleged corruption to the tune of N1 trillion.

A source who is familiar with the activities of the Presidential investigative panel, says the decision to suspend Magu is in line with international practice in such matters.

The source said, “It is commonsensical that when an investigation of this nature is ongoing, you don’t allow the person being investigated to keep the keys of the office for which he is being investigated.

“This is because if he keeps the keys, there can be a kind of tampering with documents or evidence.

“It is not logical and it is even undemocratic to allow such to happen.”

https://gistoftheday.com/2020/07/08/breaking-umar-occupies-magus-position-as-efcc-boss/
Re: Umar Occupies Magu’s Position As EFCC Boss by Simplyleo: 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2020
Lol.

Another chapter of wailing just opened for pdpeegs and lamidi cownu pig followers.

Mr Mohammed Umar, take a cue from the predicament of Magu and be upright.

Having said that, don't be intimidated be thieves working hard to keep their loot.

I wish you a successful stewardship.
Re: Umar Occupies Magu’s Position As EFCC Boss by IDeyNL: 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
Simplyleo:
Lol.

Another chapter of wailing just opened for pdpeegs and lamidi cownu pig followers.

Mr Mohammed Umar, take a cue from the predicament of Magu and be upright.

Having said that, don't be intimidated be thieves working hard to keep their loot.

I wish you a successful stewardship.

You're the one wailing because your jagaban stooge has been booted out.

The next stage is for the new boss to start what the cabals have planned.

You go wail tire.
Re: Umar Occupies Magu’s Position As EFCC Boss by Simplyleo: 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2020
IDeyNL:

You're the one wailing because your jagaban stooge has been booted out.

The next stage is for the new boss to start what the cabals have planned.

You go wail tire.
Ok

(1) (Reply)

APC Guber Candidate, Ize-iyamu Will Take Edo Backward, Group Says / The Five Unproductive Years Nigeria Had With VP Osinbajo / 'If I Become President Of Nigeria, I Will Send Obasanjo Back To Prison' - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.