Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Characteristics Of Good Works - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Characteristics Of Good Works (152 Views)

Good Works Can Never Earn You God's Kingdom / Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? / 10 Characteristics Of A Man After God's Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Characteristics Of Good Works by VLadipo: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
Good works in the biblical sense have particular distinguishing features.

One characteristic is described in the epistle to the Ephesians: “We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them” (ch. 2 v. 10). God has previously prepared them; so we cannot decide for ourselves what they should be.

In Acts 4, vv. 9 & 10 we find a second characteristic of a good deed: it is done in the “name of Jesus Christ”. Works done on behalf of or on the responsibility of another are not “good” in the biblical sense. The third mark of a good work is stated in Mark 14:6: “She has done a good work for me” the Lord Jesus said of Mary, when she had anointed Him with that valuable oil to show her adoration of Him.

Finally 1 Thessalonians 1:3 shows that God can acknowledge a work as good only if it is a work of faith.

We conclude therefore that a good work must have been prepared by God, done in the Name of Christ through faith in Him or for Him. Since we cannot know what opportunities each new day will bring for us, we can pray daily, “Lord, what work have you prepared for me for today? May I recognise it and carry it out as you wish!” We can then be sure that He will not only show us such works, but also...http://www.dailydevotionalsonline.com/devdetails.php?devotional=thegoodseed&&id=4769

(1) (Reply)

Is There Anybody Who Wants To Move Their Rams To Lagos Before Salah? / Please, Stop Insulting Those Watching Bbnaija ...lawrence Oriaku / Enemies Of My Marriage Be Disgraced !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.