Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,000 members, 7,866,786 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:28 AM

Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt (14577 Views)

I Dreamed And Saw Where Buhari Was Leading Prayers In Church. / History Of 10 Muharram 2015 - Muharram Short Speech, Essay, Prayers In Urdu / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Ify27(m): 11:16pm On Feb 03, 2011
@gohome

im very sorry for your loss, seriously i dont condone any violence because i know it is happening because religion is widely missoverstood,

but know that two wrongs dont make a right,

if i kill your father, adn you kill mine what happens next?? we are just two lost sons in this crazy world,

but 2 rights make a left, meaning that if you just cool out and understand each other and realize that these are just radicals acting of emotions, just as yoou did with your post then the rest of the SANE muslims and chirstians can live peacfully through out nigeria
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 03, 2011
cool we must realise that it pays to lend out a helping hand from time to time and also taking our safety into consideration in the process christians feel pain at the mayhem in egypt.
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Ify27(m): 11:24pm On Feb 03, 2011
THIS IS NOT A MUSLIM VS CHRISTIAN THING SO GET THAT OUT OF YOUR HEAD ALREADY DONT YOU SEE CHRISTIANS PROTECTING MUSLIMS

THIS IS A PEOPLE VS GOVERMENT THING, THIS IS A REVOLUTION IN ACTION

PEOPLE DEMANDING CHANGE FROM THE PEOPLE WHO CONTROL THEM.

YET YOU KEEP MENTIONING CHRSTIANS AND MUSLIMS, WHY NOT SAY PEOPLE

WHY DO YOU NEED OT DIVIDE PEOPLE IN EVERYTHING YOU DO??>
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by gohome: 11:26pm On Feb 03, 2011
Ify27:

@gohome

im very sorry for your loss, seriously i dont condone any violence because i know it is happening because religion is widely missoverstood,

but know that two wrongs dont make a right,

if i kill your father, adn you kill mine what happens next?? we are just two lost sons in this crazy world,

but 2 rights make a left, meaning that if you just cool out and understand each other and realize that these are just radicals acting of emotions, just as yoou did with your post then the rest of the SANE muslims and chirstians can live peacfully through out nigeria

so where in my post did i say the best way is to kill the Muslims, for your info i grew up in Jos, I school with muslims, I have them as one of my best friends. I can never raise my hands on them and I strongly believe my friends know better, i perfectly understand what the problem is, brainwashing, these terrorist hav bn brainwashed simple. Good education will just help( though sometimes it wont) in re- brain washin these guys to be normal. So next time read read read read some1's post b4 throwing insults
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Ify27(m): 11:32pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ gohome
''stop being foolish, the war is not between indigenes and settlers, its between hausa muslims and the rest. so dont you ever open your big mouth to say that. are the hausas/fulani the only muslims in Jos, are they the only settlers? these same blood suckers and bombers kill steal and destroy other settlers''

read read read!!!
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by gohome: 12:10am On Feb 04, 2011
Ify27:

@ gohome
''stop being foolish, the war is not between indigenes and settlers, its between hausa muslims and the rest. so dont you ever open your big mouth to say that. are the hausas/fulani the only muslims in Jos, are they the only settlers? these same blood suckers and bombers kill steal and destroy other settlers''

read read read!!!

happy you have read it
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Ify27(m): 12:20am On Feb 04, 2011
ok what is your point??
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by ofala(m): 12:55am On Feb 04, 2011
The truth is that the guys that destroy and kill in Jos knows nothings else and can't read and write so where would they see these sorts of pics?I have said it before and still repeating:THE ISSUE WITH THOSE DEVILS IN JOS IS MASS ILLITERACY!
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Isma(m): 1:05am On Feb 04, 2011
@9ja_voice.
Sorry I'm just replying, unavoidable circumstances.

You see, let me explain a little about northern culture to you.
The hausa/fulani culture is intricately tied with the Islamic culture such that it is difficult to discern which is which. It is this "complexity" which creates room for a.) Shady clerics e.t.c to manipulate minds b.) Misplacement of blame.

How do you say "please" in Hausa? -- "Dan Allah", literally meaning "Because of God".
Now should a person be a Muslim or Christain, he/she would STILL say "Dan Allah" as please.
Now tell me, anyone who says "Dan Allah" is a "disgrace to Islamic world? For being Hausa/Fulani?
That's like saying Africans should not go to the US because they (the US) are KKK.

And No. Muslim fanatics do not "ALWAYS kill other's to prove it". There are many many "fanatics" who go around reading as with all envoys for people of faith.

you said ", folks coming here to find us fault why not go and train your brother's, "

come where 9ja_voice? NL? it's not for northerners? or your personal space? your house?. Let's think about our words and try to make sense to each other. I am CERTAIN this forum is not for blame-games or name calling. or even to deepen the national divide in our country.

your comments so far have been laced to the brim with excessive generalization. But permit me to ask, have you ever lived in say,Kano? I'd like to know your comments are not informed by hearsay or your own extrapolations of events.
To come to such a highly rated forum and make assertions, you need to be backed by sincere, unbiased, thorough and objective information.

Listen, I know a fellow, Kola. He's from Lagos, served (NYSC) in Kano and simply never left. Last I saw him, he had moved to Kano because he personally felt Kano was the better place for him. HE MOVED TO KANO FROM LAGOS. When I first met him he asked me "is it true if you talk to a girl you will receive lashes?". I was astounded at how anyone could think our society is that primitive. But when I got to know Kola, I discovered that our divide is almost entirely based on our lack of knowledge about the life and ways of our counterparts.

I won't be naive or in denial, yes, there are flashpoints. But your generalization is very wrong and misinformed. Kola lives perfectly well in the North without fear for his life or about his religion. If what you say is completely true, Kola would not be able to live in North.

I hope you are well.
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Isma(m): 1:06am On Feb 04, 2011
[center]Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress[/center]
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Yinkade(m): 2:24am On Feb 04, 2011
since when did muslims start praying while sitting on a chair, comeon that pic aint real nau
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Navi(m): 2:50am On Feb 04, 2011
diaz nothing lyk living in peace, muslim's frnds plz take note.
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Sweetnecta: 4:12am On Feb 04, 2011
my opinion, based on what i have witnessed in many mosques, especially during a state of "emergency"; not all muslims will pray at the same time. Most pray, while some stand guarding the praying people.

then those who guarded will now pray, while others from those who had prayed now guard.

how is it that we know that these guards in the picture are "christians", while majority of the Egyptians are christians?

even here in the states, the muslims guard the muslims.

can someone shed light[s] on how we can tell these young men guarding the masses are christians, considering their 'after sunset' like beard/stubble?

just wondering. . . . .

@yinkade: islam is sitting accommodating, if you cant stand for prayer. you can even lay on your side to pray.
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Judeylive(m): 4:31am On Feb 04, 2011
Hmmm, Like someone said earlier, you guys should see it this way, let's imagine there's an holocaust invasion in nigeria, Like a million angry and hungry whale-sized, fire spiting dragon are feasting on Nigerians, are you telling me there will be regionalization? i guess we will be helping each other out, but come to think of it, our northern "un-brothers" can actually let the dragon eat up a southerner cos he will perceived him to be an enemy of the north and Islam. Just one infidel that he helped out of the way will go a long way in helping his jihad.

But my God, Islam is a peaceful religion. Trust me on this, cos I was a staunch muslim before I saw the light, The people practising it has basterdize the religion especially our northern unbrothers. Along with Islam, they imported so many arabian culture that go parallel to our belief here down south!
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by queensmith: 5:55am On Feb 04, 2011
they have all been working together recently during the protests, its heartwarming to see soo much love between people of different religious backgrounds- although I personally think religion should never be a divider. Man has made it so.

the problem they are having in egypt is political, although if you think with a reasonable brain who will want to live under islamic rule?? and be having peoples heads cut off left and right!

respect to the egyptians boiii! we are all giving life as a gift an need to demand freedom from those who try to take it from us!
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by UNLEASHED(m): 6:01am On Feb 04, 2011
This is indeed interesting
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Righton: 7:05am On Feb 04, 2011
Yinkade:

since when did muslims start praying while sitting on a chair, comeon that pic aint real nau
It is interesting that people know so little about Islam and pronounce authoritatively.
‘Imraan ibn Husayn said: “I had haemorrhoids and I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about that. He said, ‘Pray standing; if you cannot do that, then (pray) sitting; if you cannot do that then (pray) on your side.” Saheeh al-Bukhaari
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Righton: 7:08am On Feb 04, 2011
Navi:

diaz nothing lyk living in peace, muslim's frnds plz take note.
Exactly. Christians friends of IRA, Jukun christian friends of Tivs (vice versa), christian friends of ETA (spain) plz take note
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Righton: 7:31am On Feb 04, 2011
Ify27:

''''''Looking at the posts here, it is foolish for muslim to entrust his life into the hands of christians. The trademark of christians in Jos is to kill and dump the corpse in wells (Kuru Jenta, Jan 2010 and recently the wife of a STF commander). Without corpses, it is difficult to see the iniquities of chrsitians''''''

so instead of saying no i bet you would join shabe?

i thought it is a sin to kill
Go and read my posts. Let us be realistic - christians only believe negative things about Islam.
Last week, there was a post about a gay being killed in Uganda. There was nothing about religion on that thread. If it happened in Tunisia - it would be Islam, Islam. Yet 85% of Ugadans are christians while in Tunisia (since 1956) you cannot marry more than 1 wife!

I cannot really believe that muslims will be so violent and they are more than 1million in this country and we are not in perpetual turmoil.
A christian whose father was a muslim said here 99% of muslims are cold-blooded murderers. Will I entruest my life to such people. Yet they paint such a sanitised picture of christians you would think that there would be no crime wherever you find christians

If my life is in danger, I seriously doubt if a christian would help me, going by the posts here.
I am not talking about misunderstanding. I am talking about systematic, deliberate maligning of muslims. I know there are christian armed robbers. Such would also come here talking about how wicked muslims are
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by chines4(m): 9:21am On Feb 04, 2011
Sweetnecta:

how is it that we know that these guards in the picture are "christians", while majority of the Egyptians are christians?

even here in the states, the muslims guard the muslims.

Why do we always have such negativity in our reasoning? It's a good thing let learn from it. If your mother is a Muslim and your a christian won't you protect u'r mother from harm. We just need to love and care for one another. Christian oooo, Muslim ooo. even Idol worshipers
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by maclatunji: 9:46am On Feb 04, 2011
Let me state here categorically, that majority of Christians know next to nothing about Islam except the misinformation that most get from their parents, teachers, pastors and the media. Let me give you a small example of how trouble starts from the part of christians. Go to any public higher institution in the south (at least I can confirm that), enter a classroom around 7.30 am. I am very sure, you will see the Celestial Students fellowship come to preach what according to them is "the word of God" , then the Catholics, then the apostolic denomination, then the redeemed christian church. By the end of the day, you could have had anything between 3 to 10 christian sects preaching in class. I am very sure you will not find a single muslim coming into a classroom or lecture hall to preach.

There are a few questions begging answers here.

1. Is it allowed to preach in lecture halls? The answer is NO!

2. Are there only christians in these classes? The answer is NO!

3. Are the rights of muslim and even christian students (who do not want a sermon at that point) being violated? Yes!

4. Do muslim student's associations complain about these breaches? YES!

5.  Do the school authorities sanction the erring parties? No!

6. If muslim students protest this violation of their rights peacefully in large population, will they be branded as "fanatics", "never-do-wells", and almajiris"? YES! They may even get more derogatory descriptions.

7. Is this fair on the Muslims? No!

8. Is this a potential cause of trouble in the future? Probably Yes!

9. Are the authorities doing anything about it? NO!

Does a similar thing happen in commercial buses and offices. YEAH!

Following this can we say Christians in Nigeria are the most tolerant in terms of religion? No!

My conclusion is based on the few examples enumerated above, add these to political manipulation and poor governance and you see that, we have a serious problem.

Have some Muslim youths been trained not to respect other people? Yes!

However, their excesses can be controlled by a responsible and effectual government.
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by lokya(f): 9:51am On Feb 04, 2011
Only the Yoruba muslims will do this. The one s from the north kill their relations dat dear convert to another religion.
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Nelson6(m): 10:40am On Feb 04, 2011
love is what we need to progress in Nigeria.
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by azeezengr(m): 11:07am On Feb 04, 2011
We all need re-orientation and we need to dis-abuse our minds. The present situation in Nigeria is aggravated by manipulation of politicians who normally exaggerated our differences for political reasons. The politicians use the division to achieve electoral victory and again use it to misrule us. We need to unite now than ever before if we must end violence and misrule in our land, Christians, Muslims, Atheist, Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, Itsekiri,Idoma, Short, tall et-al are all from one Adam and created by One Supreme being some called Allah, God, Olohun, Adeda and so many other names. Let's wake up and grow above ethnicity and religious bigotry for us to move this nation forward. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by mummy3(f): 11:15am On Feb 04, 2011
Kennyblues:

Christian can let go of anything to uphold their believe and obey God's command that says thou shall not kill but Muslims, i doubt

I concurrred with you my brother.
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by lionbiz: 11:33am On Feb 04, 2011
Should we fold our hands and watch terrible things happening like this. When we have a GOD that is ABLE and CAPABLE to do Anything. Brothers and Sisters Begin to Pray now for PEACE to REIGN in Plateau State. It is only GOD that will deliver people in Plateau State. Where ever You are, What ever you are PRAY. Shall we Pray Father in the Name Of JESUS Let PEACE REIGN In Jos, Plateau State and Entire Nigeria Amen.
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Righton: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2011
mummy3:

I concurrred with you my brother.
When the minds of people are made up on negative things, they will not face up to facts. Tell me, have christians ever fought themselves?

Actually it is ignorance on the part of christians that is the greatest threat to peace. Muslims are under obligation to protect their allies.

But look at the larger picture, the christians for their own sake at that rally. The muslims are more. If they allow the pro-mubarak overwhelm the muslims, they (the christians) will be swiftly despatched

Also notice that the pro-mubarak thugs were firing into the square at night. I am not sure that the bullets could distinguish between the christians and the muslims. So those in the square are in the same boat - muslims and christians

Now ask yourself - have you ever had a muslim classmate in Nigeria? Did they ever come to your rescue in a fight? Or did they gang up with muslims from other schools to attack you? Be honest!
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by olumyde5(m): 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2011
Amazing !!!!!!!!!! I love this
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by hayyah(m): 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2011
one LOVE keep us (NIGERIA) together! let's live together in peace and harmony. Together we shall take NIGERIA to the higher height. NIGERIA will be GREAT "Insha_Allah"! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by eewule(m): 1:06pm On Feb 04, 2011
You will hardly see a Moslem return such a favour. Most of them pretend to be peacefull people but are actually murderous folks. Both the Bible and Koran preach peace and love to your fellow man, but its only the christians that make effort to practice it. Allah forgive all fake Moslems who sin in the name of their holy book. There own version of hell is waiting for them.
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by Righton: 1:16pm On Feb 04, 2011
eewule:

You will hardly see a Moslem return such a favour. Most of them pretend to be peacefull people but are actually murderous folks. Both the Bible and Koran preach peace and love to your fellow man, but its only the christians that make effort to practice it. Allah forgive all fake Moslems who sin in the name of their holy book. There own version of hell is waiting for them.
Most muslims. There are 1b of them. and you can talk about 510million people?
If most are murderous, do you think anybody can walk freely in any place where there are muslims in the majority
Some violent places have majority christian population
Re: Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt by GarbaAbu(m): 1:49pm On Feb 04, 2011
@ ISMA

Good work brother. I really appreciate your patience, diligence, and careful selection of words while communicating with our Friends on Naira Land. I truly believe with educated and humble friends like you, we will surely one day make people understand that all the violence surrounding our beloved country is not RELIGIOUS, rather POLITICAL.

Keep up the good work. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? / Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! / Open Heavens Devotional 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.