Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? (546 Views)

Depressed And Thinking Of Ending It All. / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) / Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Brock1: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2020
Have u ever felt like ending your life because of troubled world? How did you get over it?
Most times I feel like ending it all when I can't get what I want. I have really tried all possible best.

How did you get over this?
Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Stephenomozzy(m): 11:39am On Jul 11, 2020
I've felt a degree of this pain too. The best way for me was to look at where I'm coming from and see how much I've grown from that former stage (No matter how little it is).

Then look for those little moments when you were really happy (especially pictures and chats with friends). Think of your family too and the pain it will cause them.

Eventually... You'll find your own lifeline

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Brock1: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
I've felt a degree of this pain too. The best way for me was to look at where I'm coming from and see how much I've grown from that former stage (No matter how little it is).

Then look for those little moments when you were really happy (especially pictures and chats with friends). Think of your family too and the pain it will cause them.

Eventually... You'll find your own lifeline

Thanks, life has really hit me hard severally, I still thought of leaving this country for education and hustle abroad , corona started again. I don't even know where I'm going as I de .

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Stephenomozzy(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
Brother, just take things one step at a time... Don't be too concerned about so many expectations from yourself, people around you and even society.

At this stage, you have to FIRST LIVE FOR AND FIND YOUR OWN HAPPY PLACE, THEN USE IT TO FIND YOUR BEARING

remember, so far person norva die, one day one day, stammerer to call him papa name complete

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Brock1: 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
Brother, just take things one step at a time... Don't be too concerned about so many expectations from yourself, people around you and even society.

At this stage, you have to FIRST LIVE FOR AND FIND YOUR OWN HAPPY PLACE, THEN USE IT TO FIND YOUR BEARING

remember, so far person norva die, one day one day, stammerer to call him papa name complete
. It is well bro, stammerer may never call papa..no one really knows d future, whether its white or black. A young neighbor just died in my hood, I wish I was d one... I have some medicine in my room to do a painless suicide since last year, bt d spirit still told me to still hang on.... I don't think I can get to d age 40 if all this uncertainties continue.
Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Stephenomozzy(m): 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
Brock1:
. It is well bro, stammerer may never call papa..no one really knows d future, whether its white or black. A young neighbor just died in my hood, I wish I was d one... I have some medicine in my room to do a painless suicide since last year, bt d spirit still told me to still hang on.... I don't think I can get to d age 40 if all this uncertainties continue.

Exactly, no one knows the future.

So don't cheat yourself of the possibility of having a happy future by giving up so easy.

Trust me, there are people out there having it even worst.. But in life, we don't compare our growth or pain with others. Just hold on.

Listen to your Spirit My Chief..... Sometimes, we need to get better and see ourselves better for things to become better.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Bola146(f): 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2020
Yes twice, one when my ex scammed me, second one was exactly July 2019 when I was owing 7 months house rent, my landlord threatening to take me to court, I wanted to drink izal, but I thought twice about my loving mother and siblings. I gave life a second chance grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Brock1: 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

Exactly, no one knows the future.

So don't cheat yourself of the possibility of having a happy future by giving up so easy.

Trust me, there are people out there having it even worst.. But in life, we don't compare our growth or pain with others. Just hold on.

Listen to your Spirit My Chief..... Sometimes, we need to get better and see ourselves better for things to become better.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2020
many times,and the thought have totally gone yet,creeps in once in a while, haven't felt at home in this world
Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Samcent: 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2020
Brock1:

My friend, do you mind sharing exactly what these challenges are?
I may not have answers for you but you can never tell some kind hearted member may be of help.

Please, I beg you in the name of God, no matter the challenge you are facing , never ever take your life. Never!

To him that is joined to the living there's hope. For a living dog is better than a dead lion.

Every new day is an opportunity to overcome! Don't throw that opportunity away forever!

I look forward to reading your success story soonest!

You have my best wishes and my prayers are with you!
Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Brock1: 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
Samcent:

My friend, do you mind sharing exactly what these challenges are?
I may not have answers for you but you can never tell some kind hearted member may be of help.

Please, I beg you in the name of God, no matter the challenge you are facing , never ever take your life. Never!

To him that is joined to the living there's hope. For a living dog is better than a dead lion.

Every new day is an opportunity to overcome! Don't throw that opportunity away forever!

I look forward to reading your success story soonest!

You have my best wishes and my prayers are with you!

thanks, the problem is majorly money, I have lost a lot, and still lost d job I was saving little from, still set up a biznes , competitors rose up at strategic places that's limiting my customers access to me. I have been knocked down severally in this life, and still managed to stand, I'm just thinking of just giving up, in d end I will still die .
Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Samcent: 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
Brock1:
thanks, the problem is majorly money, I have lost a lot, and still lost d job I was saving little from, still set up a biznes , competitors rose up at strategic places that's limiting my customers access to me. I have been knocked down severally in this life, and still managed to stand, I'm just thinking of just giving up, in d end I will still die .
Believe me, you should be very grateful to God.

Why?

You are facing a challenge that will go away with more or much money in your pocket, not one that all the money in the world cannot solve.

And there are quite a number of life hurdles that money can't help you scale. You will not meet such hurdles!

I'm not a businessman, but if you abandon the thought of giving up, and look carefully in and around you, you will get ideas on how to improve your financial or business outlook.

As it concerns money problems, more than 70 percent of Nigerians are in the same shoe as you.

No man will leave this world alive, but it will be pure cowardice to leave by one taking his/her life.

In life quitters never win and winners never quit!

Be a winner by not quitting!

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Brock1: 7:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
Samcent:

Believe me, you should be very grateful to God.

Why?

You are facing a challenge that will go away with more or much money in your pocket, not one that all the money in the world cannot solve.

And there are quite a number of life hurdles that money can't help you scale. You will not meet such hurdles!

I'm not a businessman, but if you abandon the thought of giving up, and look carefully in and around you, you will get ideas on how to improve your financial or business outlook.

As it concerns money problems, more than 70 percent of Nigerians are in the same shoe as you.

No man will leave this world alive, but it will be pure cowardice to leave by one taking his/her life.

In life quitters never win and winners never quit!

Be a winner by not quitting!

Cheers!

thanks, I actually don't see suicide as cowardice act again, but I will yield your advice ,I will hang on.

Thank a lot .

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2020
Brock1:
thanks, I actually don't see suicide as cowardice act again, but I will yield your advice ,I will hang on.

Thank a lot .

Have you ever tried smiling for no reason? Like you're just in your space, minding your business and smiling to yourself?

Be happy. That's the only antidote to whatever life throws at you.

Be happy. And stay around gentle and sweet people. Avoid or ignore negative people who only complain and gossip. Their bad energy will bring you down. If you're one of those people, change.

If you have friends that only check on you to see if you have a job or to monitor your progress, block them. Stay on your own.

Be in charge of your mental health. Seek only those with positive energy and coldly block those with negative. Appreciate and celebrate even your smallest achievements. If anyone tries to talk it down, give them a brutal reply, that way, you give back the bad energy they are projecting to you. If you keep quiet, you'll have to fight for days to remove the bad energy and trust me, it will take a toll on your mental health.

Be in charge of your life. You're the captain of your ship. Only you with God's help can steer it. Fight for your right to be happy. Fight for your right to live a comfortable life. If something interests you, go for it. If it seems difficult to attain, persevere, fight for it, don't give up easily. That alone will give you more zeal to live.

Be strong, stay happy, protect your mental health, teach people how to treat you.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Brock1: 4:57am On Jul 12, 2020
Nooil:

Have you ever tried smiling for no reason? Like you're just in your space, minding your business and smiling to yourself?

Be happy. That's the only antidote to whatever life throws at you.

Be happy. And stay around gentle and sweet people. Avoid or ignore negative people who only complain and gossip. Their bad energy will bring you down. If you're one of those people, change.

If you have friends that only check on you to see if you have a job or to monitor your progress, block them. Stay on your own.

Be in charge of your mental health. Seek only those with positive energy and coldly block those with negative. Appreciate and celebrate even your smallest achievements. If anyone tries to talk it down, give them a brutal reply, that way, you give back the bad energy they are projecting to you. If you keep quiet, you'll have to fight for days to remove the bad energy and trust me, it will take a toll on your mental health.

Be in charge of your life. You're the captain of your ship. Only you with God's help can steer it. Fight for your right to be happy. Fight for your right to live a comfortable life. If something interests you, go for it. If it seems difficult to attain, persevere, fight for it, don't give up easily. That alone will give you more zeal to live.

Be strong, stay happy, protect your mental health, teach people how to treat you.
thank you
Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 12, 2020
Brock1:
Have u ever felt like ending your life because of troubled world? How did you get over it?
Most times I feel like ending it all when I can't get what I want. I have really tried all possible best.

Money is how I get over it, I do stuff to make money and boy let me tell you. The world is much sweeter when there is money in your pocket, you can explore every fantasy and vices you ever wanted. Alcohol, Drugs , women, hobbies, careers the list is endless. The value of life is too much to throw away, only a loser thinks of suicide.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Brock1: 8:20am On Jul 12, 2020
pcguru1:

Money is how I get over it, I do stuff to make money and boy let me tell you. The world is much sweeter when there is money in your pocket, you can explore every fantasy and vices you ever wanted. Alcohol, Drugs , women, hobbies, careers the list is endless. The value of life is too much to throw away, only a loser thinks of suicide.
its constant flow of money I need too..with constant flow of money, I suicide thought will b disappear.
Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 12, 2020
Brock1:
its constant flow of money I need too..with constant flow of money, I suicide thought will b disappear.

We all have suicide thought but to act upon it requires a severe push. For me I'm no Sigmund Freud but I can tell you this world is difficult so I understand why people turn to vices or spirituality for distraction. Its why I throw myself into hobbies and all. Else we'd all run mad. The world is fill of vast information to profit off, however it is not easy. Try online for jobs you can do or pick up a skill. I used to dwell on negative stuff and thought of suicide at a point too, but after seeing the value of life, and what life has to offer. I know I am a smart person so I will trade that smartness for money as much as I can. You write well and think of thought provocative stuff that's a skill too. Anyway take care

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Stargurl20(f): 9:51am On Jul 12, 2020
Several times. I still haven't know ways to stop the thought.
Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Brock1: 9:54am On Jul 12, 2020
pcguru1:

We all have suicide but to act upon it requires a severe push. For me I'm no Sigmund Freud but I can tell you this world is difficult so I understand why people turn to vices or spirituality for distraction. Its why I throw myself into hobbies and all. Else we'd all run mad. The world is fill of vast information to profit off, however it is not easy. Try online for jobs you can do or pick up a skill. I used to dwell on negative stuff and thought of suicide at a point too, but after seeing the value of life, and what life has to offer. I know I am a smart person so I will trade that smartness for money as much as I can. You write well and think of thought provocative stuff that's a skill too. Anyway take care
. Thank you
Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 12, 2020
Brock1:
. Thank you

You have interesting write ups, I'll follow and be sure to send you some things that might help out with making money but its not easy be safe.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Thought Of Ending It All? by ifyalways(f): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2020
Brock1:

Have i ever been down and broke? Yes
Did i ever think of suicide? No
Why? Theres always one beautiful thing or sometimes mere thoughts of all the good places and things of life, those thought are what keeps me going during the difficult times.

Life is really really beautiful. Alot of beautiful places to visit, things to do and try. Keep those thoughts in mind. And whenever u can, go on a trip, if its not international, within Nigeria is fine. Do new things, adventures, meet strangers( i didnt say befriend and give them your house address), just live and enjoy the moments. When you're down, those awesome moments will keep you going beclause you'd definitely want to get back on your feet, snap out of the sadness and enjoy more.

Long story short : Life is beautiful. Suicidal thoughts or suicide itself has never been an option

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help A Fellow Niralander Out..... / Ortom Reunites Channels Tv's Angbo With Battered Wife (pics) / 6 Years Old Girl In Need Of Help (graphics Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.