Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm (65404 Views)

17 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 305, 7 Deaths, 58 Discharged / Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Aussie2doc: 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2020
justwise:

Story for the gods, they were told to keep quiet for what exactly? Nigeria and the UK doesn't have any visa waiver agreement so how can a recruitment agency get one for doctors traveling for work?

If at all those doctors left Nigeria they did that with tier 2 visa and not visa waiver.

Old news? An article published today?
oga we don hear. The article was published since Wednesday and Thursday by major newspapers. If the doctors got tier 2 in less than 5 days after they were bounced at the border, it further confirms that the initial visa waiver was genuine especially since the UK visa collection center is yet to resume. The lesson here is....never assume you know all next time. I know deep down you know the doctors were travelling genuinely otherwise it won't even worth the response from a whole minister and something generating such a media attention would have attracted a rebuttal from UK embassy in nigeria if it is not genuine. Pride is making it difficult for you to accept so I understand.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by justwise(m): 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
Aussie2doc:
oga we don hear. The article was published since Wednesday and Thursday by major newspapers. If the doctors got tier 2 in less than 5 days after they were bounced at the border, it further confirms that the initial visa waiver was genuine especially since the UK visa collection center is yet to resume. The lesson here is....never assume you know all next time. I know deep down you know the doctors were travelling genuinely otherwise it won't even worth the response from a whole minister and something generating such a media attention would have attracted a rebuttal from UK embassy in nigeria if it is not genuine. Pride is making it difficult for you to accept so I understand.

I don't, so you are making an unfounded assumptions, and i don't know if truly those doctors have traveled.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Leopantro: 8:58am On Aug 26, 2020
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2020
Chartey:

I essentially implied you were old on NL in the reply you quoted. You're obviously not in the mood to understand anything today.
Hope he didn't ban you? That's justwise work, to get emotional and ban.
I might even get a life ban for this comment.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by justwise(m): 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
anastasius:

Hope he didn't ban you? That's justwise work, to get emotional and ban.
I might even get a life ban for this comment.

You decided to quote an old post just to run your mouth? No worries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber / Help: What Food Can Help Me Regain Back My Strength?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.